Gear DIY E-Cig THC Liquid Discussion

Bluto

Anyone converted or tried to convert an E-Cig to tincture use? Since the E-Cig is really just a battery driven vap it would seem that by dumping out the nicotine juice from one of the cartridge vials and refilling the vial with a tinct formula that a true stealth device would be at hand.. and smokeable anywhere in public and no one would know.
Bluto

Bluto,

Skunkypete

Escape Artist
Survivalism and someone else who's name escapes me tried it with varying degrees of success. Your best bet is to look at this thread or ask the man himself , he's often in the chat room.

Skunkypete,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
:( i am forgetting the person in chat that i have been talking to about this, i beleive he was going to try and mix some BHO with glycerine.

Couple problems so far, THC is pretty much an oil. Oils are supposed to make the atomizers die earlier, maybe with daily cleaning though you could clean the condensed vapor out, some 99% iso should definatly clean that vapor resin right out. ( 91 would work i imagine but i have not tried this, ill be using 91 when i try it lol )

Also not sure if you can make a tincture potent enough in the right consistancy that will still wick well from the cartridge to the atomizer.

I am thinking about saving up some keif and weighing it on my .01 scale and doing some mg/ml dosages by dissolving it into vegetable glycerine and then thinning it a bit with propylene glycol.

I hope the guy from the chat room will post in this thread, so sorry i forgot your user name dude :( my bad.

Survivalism,

Bluto

I've been digging into this further and the THC oil has to totally mix with the gylcol/water combo. I've put out a feeler to a dealer who sells a lot of different e-cigs, a cigar (very very nice) and a high end pipe ($300 range) for more info about the vap delivery scheme. The current delivery vehicles are lightyears ahead of the first e-cigs and this is only a few months since they were introduced. I expect the issue will turn out to be the concentration of the tincture. Can you imagine traveling with a e-cig and being immune from being busted since e-cigs are popping up everywhere. Seems the method of injecting the carts with a hypodermic needle infuses the cotton/foam filler that stabilizes the delivery misting. I expect that drip delivery would work to keep things "going".

This is such an interesting idea..I can't shake it off.

Here's some discussion on refilling and dripping the current nicotine juice... which certainly could be tincture.
http://ecigaretteblog.com/index.php?s=refilling+carts&submit=
Bluto

Bluto,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Bluto said:
I've been digging into this further and the THC oil has to totally mix with the gylcol/water combo. I've put out a feeler to a dealer who sells a lot of different e-cigs, a cigar (very very nice) and a high end pipe ($300 range) for more info about the vap delivery scheme. The current delivery vehicles are lightyears ahead of the first e-cigs and this is only a few months since they were introduced. I expect the issue will turn out to be the concentration of the tincture. Can you imagine traveling with a e-cig and being immune from being busted since e-cigs are popping up everywhere. Seems the method of injecting the carts with a hypodermic needle infuses the cotton/foam filler that stabilizes the delivery misting. I expect that drip delivery would work to keep things "going".

This is such an interesting idea..I can't shake it off.

Here's some discussion on refilling and dripping the current nicotine juice... which certainly could be tincture.
http://ecigaretteblog.com/index.php?s=refilling+carts&submit=
Bluto
I have been researching e-cigs for something like 5 months and have been using them daily for months. The way they work is the material in the cartridge wicks the liquid from the cartridge to a metal wick inside the atomiser, their is a bridge inside the atomiser that touches the cartridge wick and then this bridge goes down and surrounds a nichrome wire that heats up and vaporizes the liquid. The vapor is then drawn through a tunnel in the cartridge.

You refill the cartridges by like you said, inserting a needle and squirting some in, or you can just put a paperclip in on one side and drip drops down the paperclip. If you just drip liquid on the top it creates air bubbles in the bottle that prevents you from completely refilling it.

Directly dripping onto the atomiser works, but if you over drip the liquid will go down into the battery and ruin the battery. Its very easy to over drip.. i did it a ton before i made my screwdriver and went through 2 manual switches in my screwdriver before i learned to stop overfilling.

E-cigs have been around since 2007, the devices from 2007 really are not that much different then the ones we have now. The FDA is actually in a lawsuit right now with an e-cigarette company called Smoking Everywhere, the FDA started holding shipments from some of the largest suppliers a few weeks ago ( Smoking Everywhere and NJOY to name some ).

I use my screwdriver e-cig as a replacement for my half a pack a day smoking habit, i use about 1 ml of e-liquid a day, a bit less actually. It is going to be hard to make a tincture potent enough to work.. my main concern.

Bluto

It seems like such an obvious vap method that I'm baffled that this hasn't been completely figured out. Heck we can make a vap out of a light bulb.. but this seems easier. LOL.

I wonder if a tinct would have to be made via serious chucks of hash to super amplify the solution. Have you tried any tinct at all to get any effect? How about if the tinct was thick as honey could that do the job and just toss the cotton filler?

The variety of e-cig models seem to multiplying like rabbits and surely one would work.

Have you determined the temp the wire heats to? Does the wire come in direct contact with the juice or does it heat indirectly?

Bluto

Bluto,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
I am not sure if it comes in direct contact with the juice, and pretty much every single model of e-cig on the market is the same, just a different size or form factor.

I beleive someone vaped some BHO with success, but i cant confirm.

Survivalism,

Bluto

BHO may well be the answer to getting the juice strong enough to work. Have you played with the amt of viscosity needed for the e-cig to vap? Given the viscosity of the honey I wonder if the glycol is still needed to allow for vap?

Bluto

Bluto,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
The viscosity needed is thinner then vegetable glycerine but thicker then Propylene gylcol.

Survivalism,

02llse

Search for e cig and see what comes up. In a thread titled green smoke someone posts a link of a liquid thc extract that is able to work with the e cig.

02llse,

Purple-Days

I didn't trad everything in that last link but I think you are into an anesthetics application. Anesthetics may not be spelled right, what I mean is the gas they put you out with for surgery.

Purple-Days,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
That is similar too that product that started showing up in bars that would vaporize whatever alcohol you wanted and you just inhaled. They have since been banned for such use in bars because you cannot really measure how high a dose you are getting and can get too high a BAC without knowing it. I would imagine you would have too use a tincture too use this machine and would probably be screwed up from the alcohol in the tincture before you would feel the MJ

DevoTheStrange,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hi, new forum user here!! Thanks for the loads of info I've found so far!!

I too recently gave up cigs with the screwdriver e-cig... Can't believe how easy it was after 25 plus years of smoking them and I'm already reducing my nicotine in hopes of giving up nic completly.

Was also wondering about making a thc tincture that would work in e-cig but haven't seen much out there saying it would work. I've read some say that oils don't work with atomizers in e-cigs... I've also read maybe it is possible...

Has anyone seen this or tried this tincture in an e-cig...
http://forum.grasscity.com/harvesting-processing/417811-propylene-glycol-thc-tincture-recipe-me.html

I'm seriously wanting to see if it's possible. Anyone?? Thanks in advance!!

Lo,

Survivalism

Weapon Enthusiast
Hehe, i have not posted here in quite awhile but this new post is quite amazing, looks like people have had alot of success with this finally. Hopefully i will beable to post my impressions and method here soon.

Yo henn, send me an email dude!

Survivalism,

Lo

Yeah Survivalism! I was tickled reading the thread and then bummed when I got to the end ! Glad you kicked the cigs though!!!

If you do try - let me know. Coincidentally my PG and flavors showed up yesterday so I could start experimenting with making my own e-cig juice... I'm DYING to try the recipe I mentioned now that I have recipe and ingredients.... Fingers crossed it works out.

I'm willing to lose an atomizer or whatev in the name of science :D Will report back with my findings!!

Lo,

PressEnter

Hi All,

This is my first time here. I ended up in this forum for the reason of researching e-cig vaping and thc.
I have done a few experiments and will share. As this is my first post, I just want to see how it will come out. I will post again with some info...

PressEnter,

PressEnter

Hi All,

Here are my trials and tribulations in experimenting with thc and the e-cig...
There are 3 main questions to consider:
1. Most efficient way of extracting the thc
2. Dissolving the thc in an e-liquid
3. Dosage.

Here is what I did:
Based on talks with "experts" and "chemists", the consensus is using "honey hash" (which is extracted with 5x filtered butane). This method allows the highest possible concentration of thc to be extracted. I am just going with what I have been told, I am not a chemist.

I acquired a small quantity of the honey hash, which was like a little wax ball. When u heat it up a bit, it starts to liquify and becomes with the density of honey. I then added some e-liquid (based on propylene glycol). I used ready made e-liquid, so that I know I am using something that works. The e-liquid was bought from Johnson Creek, it tastes good and gives off a good vapor.

I then used a syringe to fill up a brand new cartridge with this Elixir.

3. Dosage.
I am using a pen-style e-cig, bought from China.
The makers of the honey hash said that for calculations to figure that the honey hash is a minimum of 10 times stronger than the weed it came from.
I also figured that 1 regular joint = 1 gm of weed.
Bottom line is that 0.1 gm of honey hash was dissolved in 8 drops of e-liquid (enough to fill up a cartridge).

Those drops were vaped for an hour.... Unfortunately, I don't believe it worked. I also used a "Crash Dummy" - a friend, who gets high very easily - she too didn't feel anything.

I have some more thoughts, but I am curious, if anyone will read this.

Thank You for your time.... I am very eager to have like minded vapers discussing this.

I am sure that we have the pieces of the jigsaw, we just can't put it together....

PressEnter,

aznfknpride

borosilicate fiend..
PressEnter said:
Hi All,

3. Dosage.

Here is what I did:
Based on talks with "experts" and "chemists", the consensus is using "honey hash" (which is extracted with 5x filtered butane). This method allows the highest possible concentration of thc to be extracted. I am just going with what I have been told, I am not a chemist.

I acquired a small quantity of the honey hash, which was like a little wax ball. When u heat it up a bit, it starts to liquify and becomes with the density of honey. I then added some e-liquid (based on propylene glycol). I used ready made e-liquid, so that I know I am using something that works. The e-liquid was bought from Johnson Creek, it tastes good and gives off a good vapor.

3. Dosage.
The makers of the honey hash said that for calculations to figure that the honey hash is a minimum of 10 times stronger than the weed it came from.
Bottom line is that 0.1 gm of honey hash was dissolved in 8 drops of e-liquid (enough to fill up a cartridge).

Those drops were vaped for an hour.... Unfortunately, I don't believe it worked. I also used a "Crash Dummy" - a friend, who gets high very easily - she too didn't feel anything.

Thank You for your time.... I am very eager to have like minded vapers discussing this.

I am sure that we have the pieces of the jigsaw, we just can't put it together....
Thanks for the heads up! We appreciate the input.. how did you dissolve the BHO (butane honey oil) into the propylene glycol? Did you try vegetable glycerin as well? I've gotten a few people interested in trying it out with me (i've got the ecig, they've got the materials :D) so I want to do some experimenting of my own..

aznfknpride,

Lo

Hey... thanks for the info on your experiments :)

I have everything I need to try this but as I started figuring it out I figured that I don't think I could make it strong enough unless I want to puff the e-cig for like hours. I am just learning to use butane in the iolite and would not know how to do the butane extract though... Interesting!!

The method I was considering I don't think it would have been worth it as far as strength goes. The cartridges I use hold 10-15 drops... That can last hours before I need more drops. So I figure those drops would need to be really powerful to even feel them considering you take a few drags at a time. People use about 2-4 mils of liquid a day on average. I came to the concusion that I couldn't possibly make anything strong enough to feel the effects in a handful of puffs and I don't want to puff the thing for hours.

I did go on to make my first batches iso wash hash and green dragon though after I figured I couldn't do the e-cig tincture. I don't like alcohol though so... Others will be thankful for the booze! I did sample the warez though!!

WIll keep following this thread! Hope you find a way to make this feasible. Good luck!

Lo,

deras

Hello. First time here. Got interested and did simple some calculations. Assuming 2mg is enough for me to get , I think 50% BHO should be mixed in 4 to 1 proportion with e-liquid.
I took into consideration pure amounts of active ingriendients in substrates, average extraction rates using butane and bioavailability. Probably got it all funked up along the way. Also, to calculate exact amount of BHO dissolved in e-liquid I should do some mole counting which I refuse to at this point. I'd rather experiment.
Question to pressenter:
You say, "Bottom line is that 0.1 gm of honey hash was dissolved in 8 drops of e-liquid (enough to fill up a cartridge)." => how much ml is 0.1 gm of honeyhash?

Cheers.

deras,

jrcortez

PressEnter said:
Hi All,

3. Dosage.

Here is what I did:

3. Dosage.

Great work man! Same exact process I plan on using. My hypothesis as to why yours didn't work is because you (if I understand your post correctly) shared the equivalent of a 1g joint amongst 2 people over the span of an hour. If one was to do that with a regular herbal joint I don't think either person would feel anything either. Joints are meant to be smoked in 5-10 minutes. It's the same concept as chugging a beer as apposed to sipping one for an hour. I plan to try around .4g (~4 drops) of BHO and the rest (~4-6 drops) nicotine propylene glycol tincture. That way the equivalent to a 1g joint can be smoked in 10-15 minutes. I should have everything I need (including an ounce of herb to make my own BHO) within the next month. Will post any results or ideas I have. Good luck to everyone.

jrcortez,
Top Bottom