Davinci by Karma

max

Out to lunch
The flexi straw is really easy to fix. My fabric popped out of the rubber piece by the metal and I took it all apart to modify it. The top mouthpiece is glued on and with a little twisting it will come off. The fabric will slide off the clear hose inside, then the hose is connected to the metal piece with a little nub. It pops on and off of the metal nub pretty easily. I got rid of the fabric all together and put some heat shrink tubing over the clear tube.
Good info on repair. :tup:

max,

Leaf Erikson

Thanks for the advice on the straw! I'm going to try and fix it myself and see how that goes. I also sent them an email yesterday so hopefully they get back to me today. I understand they're real people to and their lives aren't always devoted to business. As for the question about how I charged it when I initially got it. As soon as I got it I tried heating it up a bit to see if that "off-gassing" thing happened as I had it plugged in. Nothing happened so I had a good 10 minute sessions and left it charging for about 2 hours to try another session unplugged. Everything worked well initially but then I started trying to use it while I'm away from home and even after a full-charge and it only lasted me 15-17 mins.

Leaf Erikson,

shadycheeba

well i received the replacement davinci in the mail (thanks shauntel & jessica!)
and first thing i did was plug it in to charge overnight.it is the upgraded model with the magnetic lid.then the following day while still plugged in i did a few cycles on the highest settings and sure enough there was some faint wisps of smoke (some of you call it out gassing).you could somewhat see it with the naked eye but while shining a LED flashlight you could really see it.i tried smelling it but there is no odor.pretty much went away after the 3rd cycle it seemed.i read davincis reply many threads back as to why some people see it so its no concern to me.so while plugged in i decided to try it out so i packed it up.i turned on the oven and was surprised how quickly it heats up.i took my rips and when i was done and emptied out the chamber the duff was dark brown and very even.on my second load i unplugged it and watched the battery while it was heating.the battery only moves 1 line while heating.one of the many reasons why i chose the davinci was that it has very nice airflow.i was looking at others and its hard without trying them but they seemed somewhat restrictive on the airflow from what ive gathered.all in all im very pleased with the unit.hopefully it lasts me a long time trouble free.of course it will take a backseat and be my "backup" portable once the ascent comes out!:rockon:

DonDonDon

I posted another thread about my broken davinci here's what it says

A month ago I bought a Davinci portable vape, during which the battery pretty much died, the straw fell apart, and now the inner socket for the charger has come loose and will not charge anymore. I went to thier website and called thier number and all I got was some ethernet noise. I am really upset I paid $220 for it and the shop tell me to call the company which isn't answering. I only had for a month and I can combust anymore.

i am really sad :( :( :(

is there anything I can do?

DonDonDon,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place

DonDonDon, try going to the DaVinci web page and contact them through the contact us link at the bottom of the page or click on their name on a post on FC and start a conversation. they will get back to
you. I'm having the same problem with the phone numbers I Have for them, and my DV just died on me
this mornning, good Luck.

RUDE BOY,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
They may not be around cause last post we had gotten is they are going to a lot of those festivals or whatever they are called.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: OF

evanaquinn

DonDonDon, try calling them at (702)-966-9969, or as the others said start a conversation or email them directly. All 3 worked for me! So far, they have been a pleasure to deal with customer service wise! I really dig this company!

evanaquinn,

Beigeman

Hello all
This is my first time post on this forum after spending a couple of days reading it :( Wish there was a sticky with all the important info.

Here's my story.

I wanted to move away from combustion of tobacco in an attempt to approach my habit from a 'healthier' direction and maybe even move into vaporizing essential oils, so searched the web for suitable vaporizers that could handle both normal rolling tobacco and also ecig liquids/oils if I chose to go down that route. After much research I came across the davinci which was the only vap to tick all my boxes. I then purchased one online from Amazon uk and promptly recieved my first davinci through the post..... major disappointment... the unit failed after 10 mins of use with the LED turning blue but with no digits showing (from reading the forum, which I only discovered after googling for any known davinci faults, I now know this is a chip fault) and also the plastic latch broke (and no I didn't force it). I contacted the seller and was quickly and professionally provided with a replacement by courier in 3 days. Both the units I have had are older models (with the plastic latch). The second unit powers up and burns well but I have discovered that the unit 'smokes' at high temperatures without anything in it. The second unit also only allows me 2 uses (approximately 10-15 very gentle draws over 6 mins) at 160 celsius. Maybe my expectations of this device have been raised by the advertising but I feel very disappointed in the units I have received. After reading this forum I am also now very worried that the seller isn't authorised. I haven't contacted him regarding the second unit yet as I feel I will only get sent another 'older' model which would also have potential issues with battery life and so called 'off gases' (although I am aware this issue has been addressed by Da vinci).
I love the look of the ascent and really wish I had held out for that one and am considering buying that one too once it is released but am very reluctant at the moment due to my current experience with the da vinci.
At the moment I feel a fool for spending £160 on product I have had to return once and am still experiencing issues with.

I have filled in the contact form on the davinci site but am still waiting a response other than the automated 'we will contact you soon'.

Someone help me please before I totally right off the davinci.

Beigeman,

Dreamerr

You will get help from DV be patient as they said yesterday on the ascent thread they I think are on there way to Australia.

Dreamerr,

evanaquinn

Just wondering Dreamerr, why doesn't your davinci have a serial number? The reason I am asking is because mine doesn't either from what I can tell!

evanaquinn,

Dreamerr

Mine was the original and they didn't put serial numbers on them yet. If yours doesn't have one it is either really old or they stopped putting them on again.

Dreamerr,

hitnrun

Just wondering Dreamerr, why doesn't your davinci have a serial number? The reason I am asking is because mine doesn't either from what I can tell!

Check the box yours came in. If there's a serial number on it, then there will be a matching one on the bottom of the DaVinci (albeit, a very faint imprint).

hitnrun,

evanaquinn

Check the box yours came in. If there's a serial number on it, then there will be a matching one on the bottom of the DaVinci (albeit, a very faint imprint).

Mine was one of the very first ones, and I have had it for a year so I no longer have the box it came in. I have no serial number on my unit sadly :(

evanaquinn,

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
Don't be sad evanaquinn, I gave my first unit away it had no serial # and came in a tin box. It still works great ! Two newer DVs that I've had only worked for weeks and died, Be happy if yours still works, and man i really love this vape when it works , I can tell ya I won't jump on the Assent right
away due to the ratio of units that stop working and those that last. I know 2 other people who have had to send their DVs back for replacement , I understand the great customer service they provide but the best CS should go unused, just wish the product would last a bit longer.

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Arfsdad

Dreamerr

I agree rude boy I never want to have to use customer service but with ever vape I have owned except the DV I had to use it. I love my tin box and use it daily to keep my vape stuff in.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: ShipDit

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I agree rude boy I never want to have to use customer service but with ever vape I have owned except the DV I had to use it. I love my tin box and use it daily to keep my vape stuff in.
the only other vape I Had problems with and that was a WISPR , thankfully I Only had to deal With Randy at PIU great personal service, My dealings with DaVinci Have been very good also.

RUDE BOY,

Adobewan

Hi All,
So psyched to have received my Da Vinci so quickly. I've started charging it but noticed there is a 16th of an inch gap where the charger cord plugs into the unit and there is no indicator on the unit to tell me it's charging. It may be ok, I'll know in a few hours if it charged, but thought I'd ask the forum.
TIA!
Adobewan

Adobewan,

OF

I've started charging it but noticed there is a 16th of an inch gap where the charger cord plugs into the unit and there is no indicator on the unit to tell me it's charging.

The gap is normal, but the slide switch near the jack has to be on for it to charge. It's evident when charging (the little battery icon's bars 'ripple' as it charges).

Good luck.

OF

Arfsdad

The gap is normal, but the slide switch near the jack has to be on for it to charge. It's evident when charging (the little battery icon's bars 'ripple' as it charges).

Good luck.

OF
Some of the later production models, mine included, no longer require the slide switch to be on to charge. Da Vinci verified this in this thread a few pages back.

Beigeman

Hello all
This is my first time post on this forum after spending a couple of days reading it :( Wish there was a sticky with all the important info.

Here's my story.

I wanted to move away from combustion of tobacco in an attempt to approach my habit from a 'healthier' direction and maybe even move into vaporizing essential oils, so searched the web for suitable vaporizers that could handle both normal rolling tobacco and also ecig liquids/oils if I chose to go down that route. After much research I came across the davinci which was the only vap to tick all my boxes. I then purchased one online from Amazon uk and promptly recieved my first davinci through the post..... major disappointment... the unit failed after 10 mins of use with the LED turning blue but with no digits showing (from reading the forum, which I only discovered after googling for any known davinci faults, I now know this is a chip fault) and also the plastic latch broke (and no I didn't force it). I contacted the seller and was quickly and professionally provided with a replacement by courier in 3 days. Both the units I have had are older models (with the plastic latch). The second unit powers up and burns well but I have discovered that the unit 'smokes' at high temperatures without anything in it. The second unit also only allows me 2 uses (approximately 10-15 very gentle draws over 6 mins) at 160 celsius. Maybe my expectations of this device have been raised by the advertising but I feel very disappointed in the units I have received. After reading this forum I am also now very worried that the seller isn't authorised. I haven't contacted him regarding the second unit yet as I feel I will only get sent another 'older' model which would also have potential issues with battery life and so called 'off gases' (although I am aware this issue has been addressed by Da vinci).
I love the look of the ascent and really wish I had held out for that one and am considering buying that one too once it is released but am very reluctant at the moment due to my current experience with the da vinci.
At the moment I feel a fool for spending £160 on product I have had to return once and am still experiencing issues with.

I have filled in the contact form on the davinci site but am still waiting a response other than the automated 'we will contact you soon'.

Someone help me please before I totally right off the davinci.

Quick update.

I contacted da vinci customer support through their website and they have been superb.
As I live in the UK they have asked me to send a video of the issues I am experiencing (as postage would be to high). If only all companies shared their excellent ethos on customer support.
My faith is being rapidly re-installed. :)

OF

Some of the later production models, mine included, no longer require the slide switch to be on to charge. Da Vinci verified this in this thread a few pages back.

Thanks, good information, so is the display dead then? You get no indication of charging?

TIA

OF

OF,

GreenRoom

Hi All,
So psyched to have received my Da Vinci so quickly. I've started charging it but noticed there is a 16th of an inch gap where the charger cord plugs into the unit and there is no indicator on the unit to tell me it's charging. It may be ok, I'll know in a few hours if it charged, but thought I'd ask the forum.
TIA!
Adobewan

Mine charges without the switch on and the only way to tell it's charging is turn the switch on and the little battery indicator blinks.

GreenRoom,

Adobewan

Geting to know and love my Da Vinci, from the thick cloud production, extraction capabilities(the load went on and on, and tasted good for the majority of the load as opposed to the PAX which seems to get to popcorn taste fairly early in the load.), the rubber mouthpiece(but don't like the rubber taste so rubbed down with coconut oil), and the CLEAR air path.
Was hoping for some suggestions for unloading because I'm struggling to completely empty the chamber.
I'm sure I'm just doing something stupid and it's an easy fix because I've searched the thread but if it's been covered, please just let me know.
TIA

Edit:
Ahh, I realize with the mouthpiece removed there is quite a bit more access the the chamber. I think I found what I was doing stupidly, not removing the stem for complete lid clearance.

So THAT'S what the inside of the chamber looks like!

Adobewan,
Reactions: Sonics420

Dreamerr

Best way is to unload while hot. If you packed it down you can just use the back end of the tool that comes with the DV to move the herb and then turn it over and I hit the bottom. It works well.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Adobewan

shadycheeba

hey guys hope all is good.while my davinci has been getting heavy usage ive been trying to keep it clean.i just wanted to share my method of keeping the chamber/oven clean is i picked up a can of compressed air at the store.its the same thing you would use to clean your keyboard out.just stick the little nozzle just inside the chamber and give a couple quick 1 second air blasts and the whole chamber and screen is clean.doing this once a day is working great.

shadycheeba,
Reactions: Arfsdad
Top Bottom