Davinci by Karma

OF

i think we are the screw cap screen and the one you load the material making it 2 screens in the device in all right? ive never burnt my material in it i love it for that i hate combustion.

Yep. Don't load anything above the lower screen in the lid is my advice anyway.

Keep the bud dry, blow it clean while still hot, you'll do fine.

OF

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
I'm not sure it's even possible to combust with DV. I've never come close, has anyone else?
OF
Never have had any combustion through either of my DV's and I go for broke with em'
darn yea i thought so i tried putting one in but for me it was really hard because i have huge hands, and it works fine without the top screen, i couldn't find any tweezers everytime i put the screen in the upper chamber (were it fell out) it acts like its kinda clogged (i cant get it in to sit right its liek the screens are slightly too large) but ima try it again haha i feel silly but it works great without the upper screen but i should put it back in huh? thanks for helping me out i was worried lol and why does the material always clog up i guess my material could be more damp, i just want to talk care of it and its my firsy real vape ever so im a nub lol.
There are two sizes of screens small and large, the large screen goes in the bottom chamber where you fill your material. And the two screens in the lid are the small size :tup:. I fully agree with OF the second upper screen is unnecessary unless you use the upper chamber(like I do, but never for bud.)
Mine did whistle a little if I remember correctly. To correct it I think I removed the (large)lower chamber screen and repositioned it and the whistling subsided. I can't remember exactly for sure, but I know it doesn't whistle any longer.

jasong

i was on another thread and was asking about a bubbler for my dv do you guys have any ideas how i can hook it up?

jasong,

GreenRoom

LOVE the stash box. With a fine grind you can pack a good amount in there and it's easy transfer from box to oven. I was hoping they would extend the stash box technology to the Ascent but I don't think it happened.

GreenRoom,

OF

Why is my da vinci screen clogging so freaking easy?

Because your herb isn't properly cured. It's too wet. Grind it up (expose more surface) put it in a warm place for a few hours or a day and you'll have no further problems. You'll also vape faster and save battery power since you won't be wasting power and time drying your goods out before vaping.

Welcome to the fun, DV is a good machine, feed it right and it'll treat you well.

Good luck.

OF

GreenRoom

I use a fine, dry grind but always put a little nugget on top so the fine grind doesn't fill the screen.

GreenRoom,
Because your herb isn't properly cured. It's too wet. Grind it up (expose more surface) put it in a warm place for a few hours or a day and you'll have no further problems. You'll also vape faster and save battery power since you won't be wasting power and time drying your goods out before vaping.

Welcome to the fun, DV is a good machine, feed it right and it'll treat you well.

Good luck.

OF
thats actually genius as hell ive never thought about doing that, ive gotten past the whole learning curve of using vapes now and i must say the DV is a beast. its my first real vape but its get me blitzed and i know how to work it better now, only negative thing is today i lost the cleaning brush lol.

laugingsodreamy12,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

OF

thats actually genius as hell ive never thought about doing that, ive gotten past the whole learning curve of using vapes now and i must say the DV is a beast. its my first real vape but its get me blitzed and i know how to work it better now, only negative thing is today i lost the cleaning brush lol.

Not to worry, I pulled the bristles out of mine the first week....it doesn't seem to need a brush to work well.

Give yourself a few weeks to get used to not blazing and see how you feel. You forget what it was like, it's refreshing. Then look at your bud bill. Most guys report drops in consumption, typically quite large. You can easily save enough money to justify the next vape......and boy do we have some pips to suggest....

OF

Not to worry, I pulled the bristles out of mine the first week....it doesn't seem to need a brush to work well.

Give yourself a few weeks to get used to not blazing and see how you feel. You forget what it was like, it's refreshing. Then look at your bud bill. Most guys report drops in consumption, typically quite large. You can easily save enough money to justify the next vape......and boy do we have some pips to suggest....

OF
yea it kind of made me sad because i wasted a little bit of material but not much because i wasnt realizing how to work around it (screen was just clogged most the time, and or i packed it down too tight), but now its flawless you can feel when it gets a good vape going too you dont even have to inhale fast once it gets going. and yea ive been smoking too much because ive been so stoked about vaping lol.

One more thing sometimes mine stops heating up for no reason? it hasnt caused any problems seeiing how i just click reheat and it climes back to the temp i set it too. but sometimes it turns offf mid heat idk if this is going to be a issue later or what.

1_gr8_underdog

One more thing sometimes mine stops heating up for no reason? it hasnt caused any problems seeiing how i just click reheat and it climes back to the temp i set it too. but sometimes it turns offf mid heat idk if this is going to be a issue later or what.
DaVinci has a auto-shut off @ 10 minutes

It is easy to "bump" the button accedentally through switching hands etc also

If it is another problem that persist you can let the Rep know. Start a conversation by clicking there avatar and selecting the link. They will be able to ask someone smarter than me:nod: and they are always happy to help:tup:

1_gr8_underdog,

OF

It times out to save battery, right?

OF

DaVinci has a auto-shut off @ 10 minutes

It is easy to "bump" the button accedentally through switching hands etc also

If it is another problem that persist you can let the Rep know. Start a conversation by clicking there avatar and selecting the link. They will be able to ask someone smarter than me:nod: and they are always happy to help:tup:
you guys have all helped me immensely i was such a vape noob it was really intimidating and scientific lol at first but im getting it. and yea im not sure i prob am just bumbing it or something or setting it down and it auto offs or something it hasnt had any problems with it though was just curious. i really need the car charger haha i thats just too sweet makes it so portable. ahhh wish i had some herb to put in my da vinci XD

Im confused sometimes my device doesnt charge lol its been plugged in all day does the unit have to be on its the newer model i heard it doesnt have to be plugged in (on the newer models with the magnets) or maybe the charger is popping out a lil cause it does sometime. i just cant tell because my battery never really displays accurate things its always jumping around but i used it for 20 mins today and it ran out of battery i wouldnt care but i dont have the car phone charger yet so if im out and about it would suck haha. awesome piece though wish i had another vape to compare it too. i love it. seems really reliable.

1_gr8_underdog

Im confused sometimes my device doesnt charge lol its been plugged in all day does the unit have to be on its the newer model i heard it doesnt have to be plugged in (on the newer models with the magnets) or maybe the charger is popping out a lil cause it does sometime. i just cant tell because my battery never really displays accurate things its always jumping around but i used it for 20 mins today and it ran out of battery i wouldnt care but i dont have the car phone charger yet so if im out and about it would suck haha. awesome piece though wish i had another vape to compare it too. i love it. seems really reliable.
It depends on the serial number if it needs to be turned on or not. It was a running mode done after serial # 1A20017??not exactly sure when. Mine still needs to be on to charge. I would say, charge it with the main power switch in the on position. The battery indicator will go from 1 bar to 4 bars while it is charging.
After 3+ or so hours the indicator should show solid with 4 bars. Then your device is fully charged.:tup:

It depends on the serial number if it needs to be turned on or not. It was a running mode done after serial # 1A20017??not exactly sure when. Mine still needs to be on to charge. I would say, charge it with the main power switch in the on position. The battery indicator will go from 1 bar to 4 bars while it is charging.
After 3+ or so hours the indicator should show solid with 4 bars. Then your device is fully charged.:tup:
hmmm interesting that means ive never really had it full charge lol learn new stuff everyday. my serial number is something like that minus some stuff lol does yours have the magnet im leaving it on to test it out because ive never left it on (the main power on were the LED screen goes) and it does say in the troubleshoot that you need to have it on but i read and heard that you don't hmm regardless im going to test it out. so maybe the switch does have to be on.

1_gr8_underdog

does yours have the magnet im leaving it on to test it
Yes I have the upgraded model with the magnetic closure.
i just cant tell because my battery never really displays accurate things its always jumping around
The battery bouncing from 4 to 2-3 bars while heating is normal. The heating causes a lot of strain on the batteries, but you will notice once it reaches optimal set temp, it will go back up.
Not all of the units need to be on when charged, but I honestly can't tell you when the break was..so I just always charge mine with the LED on. It uses very, very minimal power in this mode.
my serial number is something like that minus some stuff lol
Hey guys,
Still here and present as always. For those of you wondering about the upgraded units and how to tell, the serial numbers start with 1 instead of 0, but from the outside that's about the only way to tell.
Hope this helps :tup:

1_gr8_underdog,
awww cana anyone help me i dont understand it my device keeps clogging no matter how little i use it just sucks up into the screen and no vape can get through some days it does it sometimes it doesnt im just so lost. even cleaning thr screen doesnt seem to do anything sometimes.

material cant even be vaped it just clogs the screen it makes no sense.

laugingsodreamy12,

1_gr8_underdog

material cant even be vaped it just clogs the screen it makes no sense.
awww cana anyone help me i dont understand it my device keeps clogging no matter how little i use it just sucks up into the screen and no vape can get through some days it does it sometimes it doesnt im just so lost. even cleaning thr screen doesnt seem to do anything sometimes.
Try not to go above the silver part when loading. Loosely fill it, don't pack it overly tight.
Also like OF posted earlier, make sure what you are vaping is properly cured(dried.):tup:
c2GOCGi.jpg

Try not to go above the silver part when loading. Loosely fill it, don't pack it overly tight.
Also like OF posted earlier, make sure what you are vaping is properly cured(dried.):tup:
c2GOCGi.jpg

Yea i dont, i figured out what its doing but im going to contact customer service but you guys been immensely helpful so maybe you know whats going on (fellow DV owners), please remember im a noob to vaping but the problem my DV is facing is very real please let me explain. I cant draw once the herb turns yellow anymore i used to be able to (when its green its fine you get like 3-5 drags at 365F, then i used to crank it too 370f to get the rest out and turn the material toast brown colored and get lots of more draws out of it and finish it off). but ive noticed my problem is once the bud even gets toasty a little and its not green it just clogs the screen no matter how little material is in their? I checked to make sure it was hot enough their was air flow in the screen i even scraped the top screen off and cleaned the straw/inside/chamber/oven no matter what for some reason now its only vaping 50% of my material (the greens), it is very dry the material and just yesterday it was working fine the problem started occuring last night.

I have contacted DV but its been hard for me to contact them (i heard they have great customer service though) they always say wait 24 hours and im not always available so i cant always answer my phone ya know? This is a awesome forum so i mean even if we cant figure this out i love this thing and its just another thing i have to learn because it operates great i dont think its the battery or the heat thing but ima start observing it on every possibility i suppose.

laugingsodreamy12,

OF

I cant draw once the herb turns yellow anymore i used to be able to (when its green its fine you get like 3-5 drags at 365F, then i used to crank it too 370f to get the rest out and turn the material toast brown colored and get lots of more draws out of it and finish it off). but ive noticed my problem is once the bud even gets toasty a little and its not green it just clogs the screen no matter how little material is in their?

At the risk of repeating myself this has all the classic signs of poorly cured herb in a partially contaminated (already) vape.

I suggest you clean it very well, get the screen absolutely clean. Either ISO soak and brush until you can't find anything under strong magnification, replace it or 'flame it clean'. It's the screen that jams up with it gets wet and fouls out.

Then dry your bud, grind it, and dry it some more. Dry. No moisture left. Then try again.

You are using good quality bud, right?

It's most likely a herb issue on your end, the vape is a proven performer in general and yours did OK before it fouled out?

OF

Top Bottom