Davinci by Karma

green2brown

It wont stabilize it will always go to 3 bars when the heating element is on :) not sure why it just does lol

Really? That's pretty strange. Good to know. Thanks!

It bopping between bars is normal but it sounds like you didn't give it a full charge yet.

You're right, I didn't. I just saw it showed 4 bars so I figured I'd turn on the heat. That lasted all of 2 seconds. Now it's charging. I'm just anxious lol. It's been awhile since I tried a new portable and I got so hyped up about the Ascent that I decided to go buy the DV in the meantime to hold me over... that makes sense right? Good job, Da Vinci. Make a new product look so awesome that it makes me go buy the older product first.

green2brown,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
That is not wise when you first get it. It needs to be fully charged and you need to do your burns.

Dreamerr,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
The battery bouncing from 4 to 2-3 bars while heating is normal. The heating causes a lot of strain on the batteries, but you will notice once it reaches optimal set temp, it will go back up.

Not all of the units need to be on when charged, but I honestly can't tell you when the break was..so I just always charge mine with the LED on. It uses very, very minimal power in this mode.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Wow I didn't even know you guys changed that feature. I am so far behind lol.

Dreamerr,

green2brown

I just finished my first session with the DV and I am a fan. After giving it a couple hours to charge, I cycled it on empty and saw that it was off gassing. Cycled it again and the off gassing wasn't letting up. Then I gave it a quick wipe down with an iso swab and sure enough there was no more mystery vapor. I'm assuming it wasn't mica off gassing since it wiped away. Probably just debris. Packed a bowl and gave it a go at the default setting 375. It hit pretty nicely. Visible vapor, not harsh but dry. There was some silicone taste from the mouthpiece but that flavor was already fading by the end of the session. By the end of the bowl, about a 5 minute session, I had upped the temp to max. 405 was the highest I could set it, but with the spasmodic fluctuations it seemed to average more around 408-410. Regardless, I got some surprisingly thick clouds. I also found that the harder I drew the thicker my hit. I guess the heater keeps up pretty well on this vape? I didn't notice much conduction going on, either. It seemed probably 90-95% convection which is great. Then again, I was hitting pretty quickly so I didn't give it too much time to cook. I ended up with a nice, evenly brown ABV. Really an all around solid performance. And I love the little brush. Too convenient. It's only been one session, but at this point I'd recommend this to anyone like myself who doesn't have the patience/will power to wait for the Ascent and isn't a fan of the other portable options on the market. Great portable. Thanks, DV. Looking forward to my upcoming road trip :clap:

GanjaDude

its kind of hard to put it down to sessions since I have really short ones i would say i get 25% more battery life then i did with the older dv i had.

HSIHP

its kind of hard to put it down to sessions since I have really short ones i would say i get 25% more battery life then i did with the older dv i had.

As a non DaVinci owner, is there anyway you could put that measurement into minutes? :D

HSIHP,

green2brown

As a non DaVinci owner, is there anyway you could put that measurement into minutes? :D

I haven't run my battery all the way down, but I've gotten about 45 min of usage so far off a charge at max temp and the battery indicator shows 2 bars. Not entirely sure how long those last two bars last though. But I feel like it should be at least an hour total run time.

green2brown,

GanjaDude

HSIHP What temp do you want it at and ill leave it on see how long it takes to kill the battery for you :)

GanjaDude,

[censored]

I got the snorkel a few days ago and I love it. Can put it in the top pocket of a coat and use it really stealthily, plus it cools the vapor quite a lot and its cool to be able to see the LCD while hitting. Overall I seriously recommend it for any DV user, especially if you think the vaporiser quite harsh normally.

djonkoman

yep tried that multiple times.i just get a blinking red light.when i unplug it there is no power at all.i dont think its charging either.
with my DV the blinking red light only happens when the battery is empty. well, except once, when I came home(freezing weather outside), took it out of my pocket and tried to turnm it on. must've been the temperature UI think, since the screen had a pretty low temp on it(2 degrees celsius or so I believe, at roomtemp mine readfs 21-22 degrees, while the room actually is 18 or so)
so either you missed something with charging(sideswitch turned on? charged long enough?), or it's defective

djonkoman,

GreenRoom

I get the blinking red light when I flip the main power switch and hit the power button too soon after. It blinks a few times and doesn't power up. No problem though, I hit the power button again and she fires right up.

On another note, I actually shortened my whip. The bottom braided fabric popped out of the rubber piece so I took it all apart, cut the fabric and the clear tube, then put it all back together. It's definitely dryer and harsher, but I love the compact feel.

GreenRoom,

shadycheeba

so either you missed something with charging(sideswitch turned on? charged long enough?), or it's defective

believe me i did not miss anything.i tried everything as there is nothing more i want than a unit that works.
i have been in contact with davinci and she has been very helpful and going out of her way to rectify the situation.customer service is so important and means so much and some companies forget this.makes me want to buy the ascent when it comes out even more. :) i will keep you guys posted when i receive the new unit.

GanjaDude

believe me i did not miss anything.i tried everything as there is nothing more i want than a unit that works.
i have been in contact with davinci and she has been very helpful and going out of her way to rectify the situation.customer service is so important and means so much and some companies forget this.makes me want to buy the ascent when it comes out even more. :) i will keep you guys posted when i receive the new unit.

I completely agree most companies lose customers through not providing good customer service. Da Vinci's customer service is excellent :)

stmMidnight

Hello everyone. I recently ordered a Da Vinci impressed with the design and features I was excited to choose it over other portable vaporizers. Sadly I instantly encountered issues(first with my actual order second with the device itself). After opening and charging my Da Vinci for awhile I finally got to test it out. I loaded it up turned it on and pressed the power button to let it heat up. I left it at the default 375 degrees Fahrenheit and it heated up quickly. I used the device for about 5 minutes or so before I decided to take a break let it cool and start it up again in a few minutes. I literally turned it off got up went to the restroom came back and decided I didn't want to wait any longer turned it on again and the screen just lit up blue. No numbers displayed or anything. Tried hitting the heat power button, nothing. All that would happen was the display screen would remain blue. I plugged it into the charger again and thought maybe I didn't charge it long enough the first time. After charging it overnight now the screen has just turned off and the device won't turn on at all. I am just wondering if anyone else has encountered any similar issues and how I can go about getting a replacement.

stmMidnight,

Arfsdad

Hello everyone. I recently ordered a Da Vinci impressed with the design and features I was excited to choose it over other portable vaporizers. Sadly I instantly encountered issues(first with my actual order second with the device itself). After opening and charging my Da Vinci for awhile I finally got to test it out. I loaded it up turned it on and pressed the power button to let it heat up. I left it at the default 375 degrees Fahrenheit and it heated up quickly. I used the device for about 5 minutes or so before I decided to take a break let it cool and start it up again in a few minutes. I literally turned it off got up went to the restroom came back and decided I didn't want to wait any longer turned it on again and the screen just lit up blue. No numbers displayed or anything. Tried hitting the heat power button, nothing. All that would happen was the display screen would remain blue. I plugged it into the charger again and thought maybe I didn't charge it long enough the first time. After charging it overnight now the screen has just turned off and the device won't turn on at all. I am just wondering if anyone else has encountered any similar issues and how I can go about getting a replacement.

My original that I purchased off ebay failed within 24 hours. I posted a video here of the item failing. Within 24 hours Organicix (Da Vinci) emailed me, said they saw my post, and sent me the latest production model even tho I didn't purchase the item from them. The one they sent I've used daily for 2 months with perfect performance. I suspect you will have a similar experience. Here is a link to them:
http://www.davincivaporizer.com/

Good luck

stmMidnight

Thanks for the reply and the link Arfsdad. Luckily the issue with my order is resolved now just working on my da vinci. Tried calling them and ended up having to leave a message. Hopefully I will hear from someone soon or I will try to call again later. I hope to get a replacement sooner rather than later :)

stmMidnight,

SwiftGeneration

Get Lifted.
Okay, I have a lot to say about my experiences with the Da Vinci team in the past week and my unique situation.

I purchased my unit from someone off eBay stating they were an authorized re-seller. When I recieved my unit, it was an older model. I sprung it into use and was excited to see how well it functioned!.. until I started looking closely at the unit. It appeared to be used. Also the serial numbers did not match on the box and the unit! After a thorough cleaning, the unit appeared to be offgassing slowly but consistently. I tried contacting the seller to no avail. I created a claim and eBay refused to honor any return.

I was boned.

I emailed Da Vinci, fully expecting them to laugh me off. After exchanging emails with Jessica, explaining the situation, giving them the transaction ID, seller ID, etc. Pretty much the whole story from square one. They told me to send the unit in and they would check it out. I sent it express mail, and figured $8.00 was the least I could get for a perhaps replaced chamber or what-have-you.

Well, fast forward to today. I opened up my mail box to discover a brand new Da Vinci. The newer model with magnet lock and wider opening chamber! This unit heated up faster than the earlier unit, maintained its heat through deep drags, and had absolutly NO BURN OFF out of the box.

The vapor quality is on par with my desktop unit (Extreme Q.) I can get huge clouds while in my car, walking around my house, working at my computer... this thing has really changed my outlook on portable vaporizing. I really can't stress how pleased I am with not just the unit itself, but the stellar team behind it.

If you are afraid of getting a DV, don't be. If you are not absolutly please these guys will bend over backwards to please you. I am now a DV fanboy and _WILL_ buy the ascent as soon as I can to support this great company.

I'm curious to see if Organix is even remotely interested in making a desktop unit; being a newfound fanboy, I can't help but be intrigued by all their products now. I'm extremely pleased!

SwiftGeneration

Get Lifted.
They emailed me on the 19th at 8:00pm with a tracking number.
It arrived at my house at 9:00am today (21st)

edit: I live in the south-east, roughly 2000 miles away from their offices

SwiftGeneration,

shadycheeba

well just got everything straightened out with jessica /customer service.davinci and return label in the mail!

shadycheeba,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Okay, I have a lot to say about my experiences with the Da Vinci team in the past week and my unique situation.

The vapor quality is on par with my desktop unit (Extreme Q.) I can get huge clouds while in my car, walking around my house, working at my computer... this thing has really changed my outlook on portable vaporizing. I really can't stress how pleased I am with not just the unit itself, but the stellar team behind it.

If you are afraid of getting a DV, don't be. If you are not absolutly please these guys will bend over backwards to please you. I am now a DV fanboy and _WILL_ buy the ascent as soon as I can to
support this great company.

Sorry you had trouble from your seller. I always recommend buying from manufactures for that reason alone. Sellers on eBay can be misleading at best. But with that said, The team at Da Vinci are among the best in the business when it comes to caring about there customers, and the products they make.:tup:

I'm curious to see if Organix is even remotely interested in making a desktop unit; being a newfound fanboy, I can't help but be intrigued by all their products now. I'm extremely pleased!
+1 on a desktop unit. Great choice getting a Da Vinci.
Lastly Welcome to the F.C./DV family:cool:

SwiftGeneration

Get Lifted.
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.. maybe a good time for a T-break? Hah, I kid. I kept myself busy by making a carry case out of a CD holder.

http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/22/20130312091821.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img805/7086/20130312091833.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img22/3840/20130312091926.jpg
Stealth. Pfft. I was vaked working on this, so don't judge me.

All that aside, trust me though, you'll be pleased when you get your unit back. Do you have a desktop unit or another one to use to tide you over?

SwiftGeneration,
Top Bottom