Davinci by Karma

jasong

has anyone bought the pellican case for there dv? i was just wondering if its worth it

jasong,

SwiftGeneration

Get Lifted.
has anyone bought the pellican case for there dv? i was just wondering if its worth it

Seeing how the Da Vinci was drop tested at 6 ft. 50 times and still worked, I just can't bring myself to pay $50+ dollars for a case. I have the CD case I linked to, and also a camera case that fits it perfectly. I'm also planning on taking the foam insert the Da Vinci came in from inside the box and making a stealth book case. All these options would cost a fraction of the price and would undoubtedly be stealthier and just as safe from a drop or it being banged around in a backpack.

Also might be good to note not even the pelican case has a place to put your AC adapter...

SwiftGeneration,

Arfsdad

Seeing how the Da Vinci was drop tested at 6 ft. 50 times and still worked, I just can't bring myself to pay $50+ dollars for a case. I have the CD case I linked to, and also a camera case that fits it perfectly. I'm also planning on taking the foam insert the Da Vinci came in from inside the box and making a stealth book case. All these options would cost a fraction of the price and would undoubtedly be stealthier and just as safe from a drop or it being banged around in a backpack.

Also might be good to note not even the pelican case has a place to put your AC adapter...

3 weeks ago I accidently dropped my Da Vinci on my asphalt drive way, still works perfectly, I now call it Timex (takes a licking and keeps on ticking).

Arfsdad,

evanaquinn

Is there any way to change the top filter In the da vinci? Mine has literally melted away and I am concerned this vape isn't very healthy for you.when I tried to poke the top screen it literally crumbled apart. out I feel like I have been inhaling burnt metal or something of tge sort.

evanaquinn,

GanjaDude

Okay, I have a lot to say about my experiences with the Da Vinci team in the past week and my unique situation.

I purchased my unit from someone off eBay stating they were an authorized re-seller. When I recieved my unit, it was an older model. I sprung it into use and was excited to see how well it functioned!.. until I started looking closely at the unit. It appeared to be used. Also the serial numbers did not match on the box and the unit! After a thorough cleaning, the unit appeared to be offgassing slowly but consistently. I tried contacting the seller to no avail. I created a claim and eBay refused to honor any return.

I was boned.

I emailed Da Vinci, fully expecting them to laugh me off. After exchanging emails with Jessica, explaining the situation, giving them the transaction ID, seller ID, etc. Pretty much the whole story from square one. They told me to send the unit in and they would check it out. I sent it express mail, and figured $8.00 was the least I could get for a perhaps replaced chamber or what-have-you.

Well, fast forward to today. I opened up my mail box to discover a brand new Da Vinci. The newer model with magnet lock and wider opening chamber! This unit heated up faster than the earlier unit, maintained its heat through deep drags, and had absolutly NO BURN OFF out of the box.

The vapor quality is on par with my desktop unit (Extreme Q.) I can get huge clouds while in my car, walking around my house, working at my computer... this thing has really changed my outlook on portable vaporizing. I really can't stress how pleased I am with not just the unit itself, but the stellar team behind it.

If you are afraid of getting a DV, don't be. If you are not absolutly please these guys will bend over backwards to please you. I am now a DV fanboy and _WILL_ buy the ascent as soon as I can to support this great company.

I'm curious to see if Organix is even remotely interested in making a desktop unit; being a newfound fanboy, I can't help but be intrigued by all their products now. I'm extremely pleased!

Da Vinci support has also made me a fanboy. My wife told me I was dumb but I will be ordering the Ascent on release day.

Is there any way to change the top filter In the da vinci? Mine has literally melted away and I am concerned this vape isn't very healthy for you.when I tried to poke the top screen it literally crumbled apart. out I feel like I have been inhaling burnt metal or something of tge sort.

What do you mean by top filter?

GanjaDude,
Reactions: GreenRoom

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Yes included with your Da Vinci should be 9 replacement screens. 3 large, and 6 small.
Small go in the top(*2) and the large one (*1) in the lower chamber.
I have a very hard time believing that a Stainless Steel screen just disintegrated into nothing:\
I assure you that this vaporizer can not reach the temperature of 2500 F to melt or get anywhere even close to the 1000 F needed to even soften this alloy.:tup:

evanaquinn

Hi, I understand that you don't believe me, but I assure when I poked the metal with my cleaning tool, it literally crumbled and has had me worried since.

Also, in my instrection booklet it says I can unscrew the top of the metal piece on the upper part of the Davinci, but I can't seem to get it off! it won't budge, any suggestions?

and Ganjadude, I mean the top part also has a filter below the straw towards the end.

Also, is there any way to get the straw to loosen up? Mine is literally glued and screwed shut by resin!

evanaquinn,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Hi, I understand that you don't believe me, but I assure when I poked the metal with my cleaning tool, it literally crumbled and has had me worried since.
That is the first time I have heard of that. I thought about it and thought you may have pushed so hard on the bias (outer edge/side)of the screen you pushed it apart as it made it way out?:shrug: But welcome to FC nevertheless. :tup:

Also, is there any way to get the straw to loosen up? Mine is literally glued and screwed shut by resin!

Give it a quick heat up and it should unscrew after a minute or two

1_gr8_underdog,

evanaquinn

Hopefully that is what it is, I guess we will see when I repleace my screen! It has been heating up for a few minutes, but I still can't twist the straw, or the metal piece where I change the top filter! :(

and thanks for the warm welcome!

Just got the straw off, now any help on the metal screw piece to fix the screen?

NEVERMIND, the power of teeth prevailed!
I do have one more question about the filters. There are 3 right? The bottom one that goes below your herbs/oil can, the one near the metal piece I just unscrewed, and where is the other?

Edit: ok here is what I have done: I have replaced the bigger bottom filter after fleaning the bowl with alcohol. I have also put 2 small filters in the top. One near the unscrewable piece, and I pushed the other one upward towards the straw. I cleaned everything with rubbing alcohol before doing this, so I should be set, correct?

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
The other one is between the screw holes of the straw and that chamber you just took the screen off of. It is way up by the straw though. I have never removed any of the screens cause I just can't lol.

Welcome to the forum.

evanaquinn

The other one is between the screw holes of the straw and that chamber you just took the screen off of. It is way up by the straw though. I have never removed any of the screens cause I just can't lol.

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks that is what i thought!
This is my first time cleaning mine, so hopefully mine will be as good as new when I fire her up in the morning! I didn't know you could unscrew the part with the top filter, so I was a bit upset with it but now I feel so dumb and I am pleased again! Thanks for all thr help!

GreenRoom

Da Vinci support has also made me a fanboy. My wife told me I was dumb but I will be ordering the Ascent on release day.
The DaVinci team are true professionals that actually care about their customers. I will have no fear in buying the Ascent on release day knowing they'll help work through any bugs.......if there are any. The Davinci has been my daily driver for months now with no issues whatsoever.

Hello everyone. I recently ordered a Da Vinci impressed with the design and features I was excited to choose it over other portable vaporizers. Sadly I instantly encountered issues(first with my actual order second with the device itself). After opening and charging my Da Vinci for awhile I finally got to test it out. I loaded it up turned it on and pressed the power button to let it heat up. I left it at the default 375 degrees Fahrenheit and it heated up quickly. I used the device for about 5 minutes or so before I decided to take a break let it cool and start it up again in a few minutes. I literally turned it off got up went to the restroom came back and decided I didn't want to wait any longer turned it on again and the screen just lit up blue. No numbers displayed or anything. Tried hitting the heat power button, nothing. All that would happen was the display screen would remain blue. I plugged it into the charger again and thought maybe I didn't charge it long enough the first time. After charging it overnight now the screen has just turned off and the device won't turn on at all. I am just wondering if anyone else has encountered any similar issues and how I can go about getting a replacement.
I just had the exact same thing happen to me today! I bought my Da Vinci four days ago and have been super pleased with it, but when I turn my device on now, the screen turns blue. That's all that happens -- it doesn't heat up or anything. I sent them an email just now, and I hope I get a replacement soon.

Dicksledge,

Leaf Erikson

Ahh, I've had my DaVinci for a month now and I was really happy with it. Until now...
I've babied this thing like crazy since I loved it so much but it just crapped on me all at once. The battery life is lasting like one and half sessions and I don't think the battery is holding a charge like it should. I've only had it for a month and I've tried charging it in different outlets throughout my house and even other people's houses but I've had the same problem for like a week now. On top of that, my flexistraw just ripped on me right from the base. I was trying to unscrew it to clean it out and it just ripped right off...
I've tried contacting customer support to talk to them about my warranty but I always just get the messaging system and they always call me back during the day when I'm at work. I'm really upset because one of the reasons I went with the DaVinci was because of it's "great customer support" reviews but I've yet to see any of that. I love this product a lot but I think I just got a dud or something and I'm just looking to fix this.

Hopefully, one of the sales representatives sees this or possibly one of you fellow members can help me out? How have you guys resolved your problems with DaVinci, if you have had any in the past?

Leaf Erikson,

max

Out to lunch
The battery life is lasting like one and half sessions
A "session" for me might be 2-3 min. Other times I might have to press the heater switch again for extra time before I'm through. You should use minutes to define battery time, not sessions.
I was trying to unscrew it to clean it out and it just ripped right off...
The proper way to remove it is by using the base of the straw. It can't rip off if you unscrew it there.

I'm really upset because one of the reasons I went with the DaVinci was because of it's "great customer support" reviews but I've yet to see any of that.
Most companies this size keep daytime hours. "Great" doesn't mean coverage for nights and weekends. I'm sure you'll get taken care of, but you'd be in the same situation, hours wise, with a lot of companies.

TheHerbalReview

@TheHerbalReview
Hopefully, one of the sales representatives sees this or possibly one of you fellow members can help me out? How have you guys resolved your problems with DaVinci, if you have had any in the past?

As I'm sure you're really frustrated (I would be too if my only portable shit out on me), DaVinci is on the verge of launching a really revolutionary portable in the next few weeks. I know first hand that they are EXTREMELY busy at the moment, but don't fret... they really do have great customer service. Give it some time!

TheHerbalReview,

Leaf Erikson

I was twisting the straw from the base while keeping my fingers around the lower part connecting it but it just tore. I wasn't being rough with it at all. I honestly don't know how it happened, it seemed really durable. What I meant by session is the 10 min intervals. So my battery lasts for about 15-17 mins without being plugged into the charger. Also when I turn it on after a full charge it fluctuates from 2 bars to 4 bars. Like it can't make up it's mind on how much juice it's got until it dies? I don't quite understand this.
I didn't mean to come off as rude in my original post but I'm just upset because I can't really afford anything else right now and I thought this was going to be a go-to vaporizer. I still have faith in the company I'm just sort of annoyed about how everything is just complicated to resolve.

Leaf Erikson,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
How long did you charge it when you first got it? I guess I should ask first when did you get it? The fluctuation is normal. Did you charge it overnight a few times for a good charge. Charge use for a few 10 min sessions charge, rinse repeat.

Dreamerr,

shadycheeba

@leaf erikson - they do have good customer support.as mentioned you cant blame them for calling during the day those are normal business hours.shauntel comes on here from time to time she will message you if she is on here but she told me she is very busy right now with trade shows.keep in mind they are about to release a highly anticipated portable.even so your best bet is to email customer service.they always get back within 24hrs.after speaking with shauntel and sending a video of my defective unit she had a replacement sent and a return label to cover shipping costs since i was never even able to use mine since buying it.in fact i should be getting it today after tracking it.i think normally you have to send in your unit first.just email customer service with your serial number and where you purchased it and whats wrong and they will give you a rma and a address to ship it to.all in all within a week you should have a replacement.

shadycheeba,

GreenRoom

The flexi straw is really easy to fix. My fabric popped out of the rubber piece by the metal and I took it all apart to modify it. The top mouthpiece is glued on and with a little twisting it will come off. The fabric will slide off the clear hose inside, then the hose is connected to the metal piece with a little nub. It pops on and off of the metal nub pretty easily. I got rid of the fabric all together and put some heat shrink tubing over the clear tube.

j man

i have one of the newer models, but i get 3-4 solid sessions out of mine before it dies. and all of my sessions i have to turn the oven back on due to the auto shut-off at least once, sometimes twice (i start somewhere in the 380s and eventually end up at 405 for my sessions). my battery will fluctuate when heating, but that is due to the large amount of power needed to heat the oven. now that i know what to expect out of my battery, i can guess and know what my battery level actually is. plus to check it i just turn on the oven and i know what to expect from it at the very least

j man,

SwiftGeneration

Get Lifted.
The flexi straw is really easy to fix. My fabric popped out of the rubber piece by the metal and I took it all apart to modify it. The top mouthpiece is glued on and with a little twisting it will come off. The fabric will slide off the clear hose inside, then the hose is connected to the metal piece with a little nub. It pops on and off of the metal nub pretty easily. I got rid of the fabric all together and put some heat shrink tubing over the clear tube.

Exactly what I did on my backup straw, minus the heatshrink... which sounds like a great idea, actually.

SwiftGeneration,

GanjaDude

Thanks that is what i thought!
This is my first time cleaning mine, so hopefully mine will be as good as new when I fire her up in the morning! I didn't know you could unscrew the part with the top filter, so I was a bit upset with it but now I feel so dumb and I am pleased again! Thanks for all thr help!

I would recommend cleaning your dv more frequently and I also find that if you only half fill the bowl without packing it down it prevents if from getting dirty really quickly.

GanjaDude,
Top Bottom