Davinci by Karma

vape4life

Banned for life
The Solo is great, but I may just have to add the DV to the collection. This thing really looks like it kicks ass, but I think i'm in denial lol

vape4life,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Ok, I discovered how to change from F to C. Hold down the power button for a full 3 seconds and release. It re-sets back to F when switch off.

So far I am impressed by this little beast. I have a few design flaws I think can be addressed in the next version, but I'll cover that in a full review once I've thoroughly tested this baby.

I have tried loading herb into the oil cans a few times now with no success. The herb comes out 'oven baked' but no vapor is produced. For now I wouldn't recommend using them for herb. I will do more experimentation with them but am not holding my breath. I have used them for oil with some success. I can think of a small mod for the oil can to improve performance and need a lot more experimentation to perfect the technique.

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: B.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
To change from F to C, hold down the heating element power button for about 3 seconds.

edit - I see JRR already answered....

Davinci_vaporizer,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Can you comment on usage with the oil cans with herb as JRR mentioned he has not had success using.

At this point I would say follow his advice. If anyone else is having success or lack of success with the oil cans, please chime in and let us know. The more feedback we have, the better. We're looking into ways of improving the oil can and may end up just going with the swab-filled oil can for oils.

That's not an official statement of course, but my opinion.

Davinci_vaporizer,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Another great video!

Hey, when you plug the Da Vinci into the wall and use it for a session, does it use mostly wall power as long as you keeped it plugged in? If so, this could be ideal. Those vaporbong hits look powerful enough to hit at home all day (while plugged in), then you could take it on the go later. Really interested to hear if the charger is kind of like a passthrough or power adapter, because I recall a post by DV saying while plugged in it can somehow partially use internal battery power.

TIA

Peloton,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Thanks Peloton. I ran the battery flat yesterday while half way through a bowl. Plugged it in and it came straight up to heat and I finished the bowl over the next 5 mins and then left it to charge.

It would be nice to get a bit more of an understanding of the power supply/charging balance.

V-RodVapors4U

Now I've got the technique down a bit better I thought I'd do another vid with a bigger glass piece.

Tanks for the 4/20 vid JRR.
What temp were you vapin the DV at? How much load to ya pack into the lower chamber? All the way to the top with a little tamp down? Do ya fill the upper chamber as well? What if ya load both chambers, vape at say 360 then crank it up to say 395 to finish up the upper chamber, and still benefit from the lower chamber? Forgive, but the bong does whaT exactly? It appears it to see how much vaper we can produce? Or does it actually enhance our experience?

V-RodVapors4U,
Reactions: B.

vape4life

Banned for life
Bongs, sometimes called water tools, perks, pipes, are used to cool, moisturize, and filter the vapour to give smoother hits. You can take bigger hits this way. Many will never vape without it.

pandawok56

I've read the entire thread but can't remember if it's been asked, but can the DV handle concentrates as well or just herbs and oils?

pandawok56,

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

I just ordered a black one. If it wasn't for JRR's video's i probably wouldn't of purchased one yet. Thanks, I think?

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Tanks for the 4/20 vid JRR.
What temp were you vapin the DV at? How much load to ya pack into the lower chamber? All the way to the top with a little tamp down? Do ya fill the upper chamber as well? What if ya load both chambers, vape at say 360 then crank it up to say 395 to finish up the upper chamber, and still benefit from the lower chamber? Forgive, but the bong does whaT exactly? It appears it to see how much vaper we can produce? Or does it actually enhance our experience?

* Temp in vid - 210c
* Lower chamber fill only - to the top (approx 0.1g)
* Haven't had any joy vaping from the upper chamber yet - more testing required.
* Bongs: what vape4life said^ (I like both 'wet' and 'dry' hits depending on mood).

Concentrates. I have managed successfully to vape a kief topped bowl so far, but won't really get to test concentrates till tomorrow - I'm going to master the oil cans and concentrates with the DV over the next few days. I have made a mod to the cans which improves performance a bit - I have an idea for another mod that I think will make it even better. Full report once I have it worked out.

J.R.R.Tokin',

max

Out to lunch
Haven't had any joy vaping from the upper chamber yet
IMO vaping from the mouthpiece section has more minus than plus. It would require cleaning more thoroughly and more often. The herb that's easily brushed off the screen at the top (using as designed) would have to be brushed 'out' from the other side, not to mention cleaning it off the very top screen-harder to get to. You also lose a screen as far as blocking particles from getting through the vape into your mouth. Just because the section can accept herb, that doesn't mean it's a good idea to put it there. It doesn't tempt me at all. A small vapor path on a small portable is hard enough to clean as it is.

What would be interesting, IMO, would be putting a little cotton (even a piece of hash) in there to collect condensed vapor. It would more interesting than useful though- like using a dirty vape, you just attract vapor to the material instead of getting it duing the hit.

Full report once I have it worked out.
Looking forward to it.

Sluffy

i have been doing a lot of research on my next portable. i have had a iolite and a mflb both junked. thanks for the awesome vids jrr they have persuaded me to buy one of these bad boys though i will also be keeping my eye on the MiVape and the Persei 8.

one question. what kind of bong is that? thanks

Sluffy,

SD_haze

i have been doing a lot of research on my next portable. i have had a iolite and a mflb both junked. thanks for the awesome vids jrr they have persuaded me to buy one of these bad boys though i will also be keeping my eye on the MiVape and the Persei 8.

one question. what kind of bong is that? thanks

Black Leaf brand 10-arm bubler :brow:

SD_haze,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
No probs Sluffy :) Happy to help

The MiVape has my attention too, but you know what they say 'A bird in the bush...'

Yup SD has it right for the glass.

J.R.R.Tokin',

pandawok56

Just placed my order after doing much much research and debating in my head. Can't wait to receive it and try it out :D

Any plans for future accessories like an extended straw or carrying case?

pandawok56,
Reactions: Peloton

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Also, for those asking, we've finally received our accessories shipment, so soon will have them available on both websites. So for those who want extra straws, screens, brushes and oil cans, they'll be ready for ordering. We also got in our "snorkels".

The snorkel is a 25 centimeter extended flexi-straw. It works just like it's shorter cousin and can be used while sitting inside a jacket pocket. It will also help for those who've experienced some sensitivity to the heat from the smaller versions.

Look for them to appear on the site soon :)

Straws are a go. Interested to hear about that kevlar case that came up a while ago.

Peloton,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
hey JRR does the minivap have your attention too or just too expensive?
You said it! It is a very interesting but damn expensive.

So I found the perfect case for my DV. Fits like a glove! £1.50 ($2) with delivery off ebay! It's just a generic hard camera case.
20042012105.th.jpg
20042012104.th.jpg

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: Pfb1500
Top Bottom