Davinci by Karma

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Yup. I've picked up identical ones from cheap shops for about £2 ($3) before to use with other vapes. The badge literally says 'Camera-bag' on it and they come in all kinds of colours and patterns.

J.R.R.Tokin',

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Now I've got the technique down a bit better I thought I'd do another vid with a bigger glass piece.
JRR is that a CAT running beneath your legs at 0:53? Lol at first I thought the flash was a halucination but I ran it back and I "think" you have a black cat? BTW what music is that in the vid? Nice and mellow. Thanks!

t-dub,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
:lol: I didn't notice that when I reviewed it - yes it's my little black cat Harley probably off to beat her brother up. She's half the his size but has twice the chutzpah!

The track playing is The Crescent by Adam Drake & Richard Bundy - it was a free overlay track on youtube - I kinda like it to, it's kinda mellow and trippy.

J.R.R.Tokin',
Reactions: vorrange

V-RodVapors4U

Thx, JRR.
I can now attest to the fact that the DV is indeed durable, and could fall under the rugged category. IMO.
Twice the unit was accidentally abused. First I dropped her on the linolium floor from 5 feet. Then she was involved in being bounced around violently. The DV survived both incidents without fail.

V-RodVapors4U,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Spoke to DaVinci, shipping to Portugal is only 15$. I am pondering ordering one, after i get my Hi which is on the making. I want a portable like solo to pair with the others, to each its function. :)

vorrange,

pandawok56

Would it be possible to put resin in the oil can and vape that? I'm just wondering, I'm not sure if I would try it lol

pandawok56,

pandawok56

Wow, I'll admit I still combust and my piece gets incredibly resiny. I literally pull out little nugs of resin and could easily have a few marble sized clumps each time I clean it, if I rolled it all up. I could never bring mysellf to smoke it, but I might finally have a healthy use for all of it now :tup:

Just thinking of all the money I could save if I could get all the great THC out of the resin without the bad carcinogenics :drool:

pandawok56,

SD_haze

Wow, I'll admit I still combust and my piece gets incredibly resiny. I literally pull out little nugs of resin and could easily have a few marble sized clumps each time I clean it, if I rolled it all up. I could never bring mysellf to smoke it, but I might finally have a healthy use for all of it now :tup:

Just thinking of all the money I could save if I could get all the great THC out of the resin without the bad carcinogenics :drool:

I would think resin from COMBUSTION might fowl up the vape, but vapor resin would be much more appropriate.

Could be wrong

SD_haze,

HoneyAir

I tried that years ago at the start of my vaping experience.

Never again. It doesn't magically turn tar into honey, and it does foul up the smell of whatever vaping piece is in contact with the stream. Not worth it at all.

HoneyAir,

vape4life

Banned for life
Combustion resin is the most fowl and offensive substance on the planet! lol Just THINKING about the smell from my bong hitting days makes me wanna heave.

vape4life,
Reactions: Dogman

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Just received my Davinci and just like JRR said. It is very durable and has a nice rubberized grip feeling to it. It already had a charge so i fired it up empty just to do a heated break in. There is no mistaking the new material smell ( which seemed to go away after the first bowl ) when it was getting up to temperature.
Before i packed the lower chamber and get it all dirty. I wanted to see if the oil carts would work with some herb. But after JRR not having success with them. I decided not to put the silicone cap on and just place the can packed with herb in the lower chamber.
I really didn't get that thick dense vapor. It was more like the amount of vapor i would get from one of my ilolites. Which was fine for me because i still got super medicated. If i have to sacrifice dense vapor for less cleaning I'm all for it. If i keep using the oil carts this way all i would have to do is soak the carts in Iso and give a liittle cotton swab Iso wipe down to the lower chamber. So far i packed one oil cart with herb and one with kief and the lower chamber is still spotless.
Right now i have one cart packed with herb preloaded in the lower chamber no silicone cap. The other cart that is for oils has 2 strips of cotton rolled up and stuffed inside. Since i do not have access to oils i just removed the cotton and packed that one with herb as well and put on the silicone cap and it fits in the storage compartment with room for the other silicone cap. The brush tool is great and the other end of it is used to pop the silicone caps off.
So far i like the Davinci but its too soon to tell how it will hold up. Will test more and will report.

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,
Reactions: vape4life

Vapor S. Thompson

I am Vapor
I'm sold, ordering one now. Found a 10% off discount code and free shipping; so looking at $225 total and tax free because I'm a Canuck.

Timing is perfect because my back up Solo (M-104) just started doing the ceramic flaking thing and now tastes terrible to use and probably not good for my lungs. (How bad is it?) My Stainless M106 still rocks hard but I need something to vape on while it charges. So Davinci it is.

Thanks for all the input on this device; great forum as always.

I'm Vapor....

Vapor S. Thompson,

Vapor S. Thompson

I am Vapor
They (Arizer) said that the flakes are an inert material and are not harmful, if you believe that.

Thanks for the info. I will look into it more because it tastes terrible and concerns me.
I have burn most if it out, but there is still a trace.

Does anybody know how to get rid of it all?

Vapor S. Thompson,
Reactions: darkrom

pandawok56

Just got mine in the mail and like everyone's said before, it does seem like a very durable piece of equipment. I've barely used it and don't have much to add on to other's initial review, but I've got a few questions. When I turned my DV on for the first time, the new smell was pretty strong so I let it heat up to do a burn in and there was small bits of vapor rising up. Is this normal? This was my first time burning in a vape (only ever owned an iolite which I didn't burn in) so correct me if I'm wrong but if the chambers are empty no vapor should be rising out right? Also when I plug mine into charge, it creates a buzzing noise that's clearly heard in a silent room, but isn't loud enough to overpower music or a TV. I haven't heard anyone else report this so I was just wondering if this is normal too? One last thing, I noticed my Temp gauge jumps about 5* every second or so, I'm not expecting it to be a consistent temp but going from 375* to 341* to 373* back up to 379* seems to be kind of a big jump but this is my first vape with a temp read out so I could be wrong. But other than those things, I love this thing. Heats up fast, durable, love the brush and storage compartment, and the dual chambers and the buttons don't seem cheap or like they would easily break. Only really used it for a session though so I'll have to test it more :science:

pandawok56,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
@pandawok56.
* The bits of vapor on first heat up should be ok - I'm hoping it's just machining residue or dust from manufacture, but can't be sure.
* Mine also has the high pitched buzz when charging, but doesn't bother me.
* IMO the temp jump is due to the way the DV heats, it causes a bit of an oven effect on the heating chamber and needs constant recalibration to maintain an average heat. I feel it keeps to a decent average though.

Enjoy :)

J.R.R.Tokin',

CarlosSpiceyWeiner

Just got mine in the mail and like everyone's said before, it does seem like a very durable piece of equipment. I've barely used it and don't have much to add on to other's initial review, but I've got a few questions. When I turned my DV on for the first time, the new smell was pretty strong so I let it heat up to do a burn in and there was small bits of vapor rising up. Is this normal? This was my first time burning in a vape (only ever owned an iolite which I didn't burn in) so correct me if I'm wrong but if the chambers are empty no vapor should be rising out right? Also when I plug mine into charge, it creates a buzzing noise that's clearly heard in a silent room, but isn't loud enough to overpower music or a TV. I haven't heard anyone else report this so I was just wondering if this is normal too? One last thing, I noticed my Temp gauge jumps about 5* every second or so, I'm not expecting it to be a consistent temp but going from 375* to 341* to 373* back up to 379* seems to be kind of a big jump but this is my first vape with a temp read out so I could be wrong. But other than those things, I love this thing. Heats up fast, durable, love the brush and storage compartment, and the dual chambers and the buttons don't seem cheap or like they would easily break. Only really used it for a session though so I'll have to test it more :science:

I would assume that the rising vapor you are seeing, is just material left over from manufacturing that needs to be burned off. Mine also buzzes when is charging. To me it sounds like an old camera flash recharging. I could be wrong but it seems like it flashes between the set temperature and the actual temperature. I"m curious to know the reason myself.

Dam! JRR beat me to it by only 8 minutes.

P.S. I have to admit that JRR'S explanation sounds more convincing than mine. That explains why I bought one right after watching his video's..

CarlosSpiceyWeiner,

pandawok56

We also got in our "snorkels".

The snorkel is a 25 centimeter extended flexi-straw. It works just like it's shorter cousin and can be used while sitting inside a jacket pocket. It will also help for those who've experienced some sensitivity to the heat from the smaller versions.

Look for them to appear on the site soon :)
How much longer do you guys think until it becomes available? Personally 25 centimeters seems a little long, it'd be fine for home use, but it seems a little long to be hitting in public/carrying around. I think something in between around 15 centimeters would be nice but that's just my opinion.

After having another couple sessions with my new friend, I've realized putting herb in both chambers doesn't do much as the herb in the top chamber barely gets vaporized, while the bottom chamber herbs get toasted. I think it's mainly the flow of air being restricted, but I could be wrong. I haven't experimented with just the top chamber yet, but I assume if I leave the bottom chamber empty, the herbs in the top chamber should vaporize because it's designed to be used with an oil can in the bottom, and herbs in the top (which I haven't tried either yet).

So far I start at 375* and work my way up to 400* a little later, but I seem to only get slightly dense clouds of vapor from the first 2 or 3 hits. Usually I wouldn't have much concern for this because it's vapor, but the recent videos of the DV lead me to believe denser clouds are possible. Maybe I just need to perfect my technique more.
I have made a mod to the cans which improves performance a bit - I have an idea for another mod that I think will make it even better. Full report once I have it worked out.
Could you tell me more about the mod? Or if you still plan on doing a more in-depth report I can wait for that :popcorn:

pandawok56,

pandawok56

So after about a week of owning a unit, my straw is starting to fall apart. Haven't really abused it, I just put it in my pocket and take it out which I think caused the threads to be pulled out from the bottom. Honestly, it looked like the thread were only glued in two tiny spots that were pratically next to each other. I would like to buy another straw from you guys, but I don't think I will if they're going to fall apart that easy. $15 isn't worth it for a straw that'll last a week aesthetically. The unit itself is still going strong and due for a good cleaning soon. I've used my DV everyday and am still in love with it.

More experimenting has me thinking that the oil carts are pretty ineffective. I haven't tried them with true essential oils yet, which may be the problem, but I have tried to add flavoring drops to the cotton oil can and I didn't taste much of it, there were was barely any vapor produced and the herb in the top chamber barely changed color. So for now I've decided to just stick with the bottom chamber like I said before, until my order of oils arrive in the mail.

How's everybody else who has a DV holding up?

pandawok56,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
So after about a week of owning a unit, my straw is starting to fall apart. Haven't really abused it, I just put it in my pocket and take it out which I think caused the threads to be pulled out from the bottom. Honestly, it looked like the thread were only glued in two tiny spots that were pratically next to each other. I would like to buy another straw from you guys, but I don't think I will if they're going to fall apart that easy. $15 isn't worth it for a straw that'll last a week aesthetically. The unit itself is still going strong and due for a good cleaning soon. I've used my DV everyday and am still in love with it.

More experimenting has me thinking that the oil carts are pretty ineffective. I haven't tried them with true essential oils yet, which may be the problem, but I have tried to add flavoring drops to the cotton oil can and I didn't taste much of it, there were was barely any vapor produced and the herb in the top chamber barely changed color. So for now I've decided to just stick with the bottom chamber like I said before, until my order of oils arrive in the mail.

How's everybody else who has a DV holding up?

Too bad about your straw, should not fall apart that quickly i think. Maybe your warranty can cover the straw. ;)
Was this your first vaporizer or do you have others you use? I think the oil carts are problably made to be effective with just oils, and maybe hash and waxes.
Let me now when it worked with the oils though, if there was any spills and whatnot.

vorrange,

pandawok56

Yea I really liked the look of the straw, it really looks unattractive now with the threads having fallen out. I was told by carnation that rehearsal warranty only covers malfunctions with the heating unit but maybe Karma will help me out, since im what seems to be one of the few on the forum that own a DV.

This is the second vape I've bought, the first being the original iolite. I have tried other vapes though that friends have owned over the years, I could just never invest in a collection of vapes and my situation has usually been in favor of a portable option. Ill let you know how the oils go for sure.

pandawok56,

Lostclusters

The straw issue seems like a manufacturing defect to me and should be treated as such. I would request a replacement.

Top Bottom