Davinci by Karma

JoeKickass

This has a very clear air-flow. You can pull hard with minimal drag. In the vid where I'm trying it I'm pulling medium soft to get those big clouds, so I guess a faster pull will result in a less dense inhale.

I will be home in 2 hours and then I will give it a good few hours solid testing. I love that you can use this while plugged in and charging.

Actually that's a question for the Da Vinci team. When it's plugged in are you using mains power directly or are you still drawing off the battery?

Also, for any one who might know, what is the best practice for charging Lithium Ion batteries (e.g run flat, or always top up?)

I believe since they don't have any memory effect it's best to keep them above 80% charged or so.

Lostclusters

Yup your right mephisto, the unit has to be switched on to charge and the bars on the battery move to indicate charging. I'm not sure if it's already discussed in the thread but I found that you can change the factory pre-set temp by holding down both the + & - buttons at the same time, then adjust temp and hold both buttons to set.

I did a video to see how easy it was out the box using it for the first time.

I managed about 10 more good rips after this vid from the same bowl.

Could you show us how it loads and cleans? By the way, good review.

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks JRR!!!!!! Awesome vids! You have an awesome accent dude, reminds me of dopefiend's reviews lol

This unit is looking pretty slick! Seems like it may be a bitch to clean up though.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Pretty slick...... my interest is building right about now.

I continue to watch for more reviews and vids :popcorn:

vape4life

Banned for life
JRR you should be getting kick backs from davinci for the vids/advertising! lol Great job man... love how in one vid you are in a suit/tie and then in the other in pj's lol

Hopefully we'll get some comparison to the Solo soon. I'm always looking for something better, and can't afford two portables so i'm just curious if this may be a better fit for me. The solo airflow is my biggest issue so this davinci definitely looks promising.

Is the new smell completely gone yet?

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Loving the videos J.R.R., you're doing a great job explaining the features to tie up any loose ends I had in my mind :clap: I'm keeping a very close eye on this one... If I could charge/load at home each morning and be set for the day (or at least part of it), this could really be something great.

Not sure if this has been clarified, but approximately how much do you think will fit in each of the cavities? Bottom bowl, top bowl, and storage compartment. Thanks J.R.R., keep up the good work!

Peloton,

vape4life

Banned for life
So technically you could just use the upper cavity and not use the main one? That would be good for fresh hits and easy cleaning forsure.

Also is it 4 sessions of 10mins to a full battery charge?

Gawd I love these toys!

vape4life,

max

Out to lunch
vape4life said:
Hopefully we'll get some comparison to the Solo soon.
These two are designed with different goals in mind-apples and oranges. This is a pocket vape and should be compared to other vapes you can carry in your pocket, and not to one with a big glass stem that's half home vape and half portable. The Solo obviously hits bigger. Way too many people on the forum are insisting on comparison of unlike vapes. It doesn't make sense, and isn't fair to the products being compared. You can't say the Solo sucks because it's not a good stealth vape-that's not its purpose. And the DV obviously isn't designed for taking big hits in your easy chair. I will say this. For me, it's the only stealth vape I could live with as my only vape. I've hit it a couple of times late at night before going to bed, and I've never been tempted to use another portable (except perhaps the MF, for the speed and ease of use) inside where I've always got a home vape ready to go.

I've used a DV some and love it as a pocket portable. IMO it's the best of the bunch. Same size as the iolite but much more heavy and solid. The fit and finish are on par with the best manufacturers, and nobody would be suprised to see a Panasonic or Braun name on this. The vapor path is obviously narrow and hits are dense, compared to the iolite/wispr. I have no taste issues with it at all. I haven't used a Vapir product, but have come to the conclusion that the taste issue with the iolite/wispr, at least for me, is due to hitting too much ABV near the end of the bowl, along with less than great vapor density. Hits from a fresh bowl on either O&B model don't bother me at all. The DV, with a smaller bowl, is much less objectionable near the end, even if the temp is boosted. I have zero issues with the taste of materials used in the vape, but I also can't speak for everyone.

If anyone wants to complain about the taste on any pocket portable, complain away, but small portables like this aren't aimed at the connoisseur section of the vape market. If you want a glass vapor path, there are models available, but there are also compromises in the area of portability. With the DV, reliability will take time to tell, but as for performance, it's a real winner IMO.

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks Max, great to hear your input. So the davinci does NOT hit as big as the solo? I wonder why, because the DV isn't a conduction vape as well? I mean it gets hot enough, so i'm not sure why the DV wouldn't hit as big as the solo. I know everyone has different needs, but for me the most important function is the delivery of high quality good thick vapour. I would sacrifice the "pocket vape" for the inconvenience of the glass aroma tube (which really isn't inconvenient to me). Same for why the LB isn't for me, because it doesn't deliver like the solo.

Very impressed with what I see with the DV so far.

vape4life,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Glad to see another DaVinci fan. Thanks for the videos JRR!

Edited to add: Thanks for your comments as well Max.

Yes, the unit must be powered on to charge, although all units are charged at the factory during the QC certification. The units should be fully charged when they arrive.

Also, for those asking, we've finally received our accessories shipment, so soon will have them available on both websites. So for those who want extra straws, screens, brushes and oil cans, they'll be ready for ordering. We also got in our "snorkels".

The snorkel is a 25 centimeter extended flexi-straw. It works just like it's shorter cousin and can be used while sitting inside a jacket pocket. It will also help for those who've experienced some sensitivity to the heat from the smaller versions.

Look for them to appear on the site soon :)

Another edit, sorry for missing a question JRR: When it's plugged in, you are using a combination of the battery and the main power. There are factors base don how hard you're drawing, how many draws you take, rest time, etc.

Davinci_vaporizer,

V-RodVapors4U

So technically you could just use the upper cavity and not use the main one? That would be good for fresh hits and easy cleaning forsure.

Also is it 4 sessions of 10mins to a full battery charge?

Gawd I love these toys!

That's about what I get. Just don't load all the way to the top. My batt seems to be getting less efficient. Today it was less time.
Is it ok to leave on charger overnight?
I don't think the upper chamber got hot enough for me. How is that to be used?
Thx

V-RodVapors4U,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Thanks for clearing that up DV and great news about the accessories.

Still getting to grips with the Da Vinci. Not to get bogged down in comparisons but I'm not so sure that with the right technique the DV won't be able to match the Solo for big hits. Here's a vid of me trying the DV for the first time with a bong. I'm sure with a bit of practice and tweaking I'll be able to pull monsters of this baby.

Please excuse if I'm rambling a bit - I've been doing heavy testing! :ko:

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Something we've been finding with more testing is if you're using the top chamber by itself, temp the unit an extra 10 degrees. It seems the heat peters out a tiny bit at the top chamber level as compared to the main chamber.

It's fine to leave on the charger overnight.

We've accidentally left it on to charge over a weekend and we didn't notice anything different (although I wouldn't advise that as common practice ;-))

Davinci_vaporizer,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
I would say that if you filled the top and bottom chamber it will be approximately .2-.25. The bottom chamber alone is probably .15 full. This is just rough estimations. If you have ever used a MFLB the bottom chamber holds the same as a MFLB trench.

J.R.R.Tokin',

omgomghax

I would say that if you filled the top and bottom chamber it will be approximately .2-.25. The bottom chamber alone is probably .15 full. This is just rough estimations. If you have ever used a MFLB the bottom chamber holds the same as a MFLB trench.

I have used a mflb and filled the trench up to the top. Thats a good bit of herb :).

How many full mflb trenches do you think you can vape in davinci until the battery dies?

thanks for the quick responses :) and by the way, where did you get that vape bong in the video? I need one of those for my volcano =DD

omgomghax,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
The battery at the moment is giving me 5 x 10 minute cycles. Generally I'm not the fastest toker, so one bowl is taking me about 2 cycles (20 mins).
Because of the variable heat control I'm sure you could start at a high temp and deplete the bowl quite rapidly which would mean you could get more bowls done on 1 charge. I'm really enjoying this units fast heat response and am finding myself going from quite low temps and building up slowly, so get less bowls off a charge.
I will test this in a few days and see how many bowls I can finish on 1 charge by starting at high temps - something I've been interested in finding out in general.

As to the glass. If your in Europe look up Magic Glass Rude Boy. If your in the states there's loads of choice - maybe a SSFG (Soul Shine Family Glass) travel beaker as place to start - better off going to the Glass section where there's loads of great advice on glass ware for vapor.

J.R.R.Tokin',

omgomghax

I'm not a fast toker myself but if you can vape 2 bowls thats good enough for me. I usually vape around 325 ish and slowly work my way up to 365.

ah, thanks a ton!!! now you just made my choice harder lol. sooo many choices!!!

thanks for the information about the glass also. I will be sure to head over to the glass section for more info.

omgomghax,

Lostclusters

Ok, here's one on loading and cleaning. One thing to add, don't use the brush in the chamber straight after use. I'm pretty sure the bristles are plastic and will melt on the hot metal of the chamber.

Thank you very much Mr. Tokin'

Lostclusters,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Impressive clouds J.R.(R.), thanks for the great vids so far!

I expected this more to perform like the Iolite tbh, nice job DV.

Will there be a Celsius version as well in the future?

OhTheAgony,

vape4life

Banned for life
I assumed that you could change from F to C?

Also how well does it hold its temp? My Solo doesn't hold temp that great. Sounds like the battery life is on par with the Solo too.

vape4life,

V-RodVapors4U

Holds temp pretty well. Temp sensor must be sensitive, because you can see the temp fluctuate a few degrees in both direction and on point. When it comes to batteries nothing is good enough for my abuse. I have a charger to transport if necessary.
Sounds like your hooked on solo flying. Jk

V-RodVapors4U,
Top Bottom