Davinci by Karma

It's been out for two weeks and no new youtube videos?. Come on users that have received it, please post some videos of the Davinci in action or a reviews for us prospective customers. Thanks.

Donny187,

V-RodVapors4U

Well Max that's a bit confusing. How can someone sell the same product for same price and be unauthorized? Seems if they have the product they're good?
I'll see about doing a review. I'll receive mine tomorrow. They're have been a couple reviews earlier.

V-RodVapors4U,

darco

Wow! I just read through all the pages here. Looks like my second solo will have to wait!! I like everything I see and read here. A car charger and / or swapable batteries would be a huge plus for me. Hope The DV guys consider it. I am quite paranoid about being left without charge and having to resort to combustion :p

To the users out there, how easy is it to clean? I am so used to tossing my glass stems into my Ultrasonic cleaner to get like new stems out in an hour from it, I'd hate to go back to Iso ;) Seems like the tube could be cleaned in the ultrasonic cleaner but the top cap seems to be hinged to the body, and I dont think can detach for a bath can it?

Are these going to be rare vapes or is full stock expected soon?

Either ways, I am extremely interested in the DV. Finally so many great portables!

darco,

HoneyAir

Other than the helpful comments from others in this thread, there was no direct response to my question so I'll just leave it at this;

The batteries are what stand between me and a purchase.

What if you went out of business right when the batteries started to fail? I'd have to throw it away without fixing it? It is worries like these that shut down any interest in purchasing. That is all.

HoneyAir,

max

Out to lunch
Well Max that's a bit confusing. How can someone sell the same product for same price and be unauthorized? Seems if they have the product they're good?
I'll see about doing a review. I'll receive mine tomorrow. They're have been a couple reviews earlier.
It depends on what product you're talking about. One or more authorized wholesale distributors for vapes from Arizer and Oglesby & Butler, for example, sold to pretty much any resellers with the money to buy, and these resellers proceeded to sell at prices lower than the manufacturer wanted.

This outfit- http://vaporizerforweed.net/ tried to be a seller for all kinds of different brands. After running afoul of PayPal, they've come up with all kinds of 'store fronts to sell from. They claimed to be a seller for the VapeXhale Cloud long before a production unit was released, which led to a dispute with both VapeXhale and FC, and still have a so called review site up for the Cloud, which mostly slams the company http://cloudvaporizer.com/ . They sell various vapes from various sites, and aren't an authorized dealer for any of 'em, as far as I know.

Quite a few vape sellers on Amazon aren't authorized dealers, including Vaporizer King, who says they have 7 DaVinci's in stock. Vaporizer King sells the Vapir N02 as well, and Vapir doesn't honor the warranty if it's purchased from this reseller or any other Amazon seller, since they're all undercutting the $180 price that Vapir wants to maintain.

I suspect that Vaporizer King may be initially buying DaVinci's at retail, just to establish that they're a reseller for it, hoping to get a better price after distribution loosens up. I don't really know, but it's clear, if you follow the vape market, that there are always unauthorized resellers trying to make a buck on various models. The problem seems to be distributors who aren't following the manufacturer's guidelines/rules.

Seems if they have the product they're good?
If they have 7 units they bought them retail. As for other resellers being "good" because they have a particular vape in stock, I think I've made it clear that the vape distribution channel for some models isn't as secure as the vape makers would like. And of course some vape makers aren't concerned whether resellers are authorized or not. It always pays, to be sure of warranty coverage, to check with the manufacturer to see what their policy is.

darco said:
Are these going to be rare vapes or is full stock expected soon?
I don't know that I'd call any vape in current production "rare", but certainly hand made models like the log vapes can't always meet demand. As for this one, availability should get much better in short order. At the moment, http://karmaclassic.com/vaporizer/ is the place to buy for quickest delivery. It seems the authorized resellers don't have stock to ship yet.

max,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Other than the helpful comments from others in this thread, there was no direct response to my question so I'll just leave it at this;

The batteries are what stand between me and a purchase.

What if you went out of business right when the batteries started to fail? I'd have to throw it away without fixing it? It is worries like these that shut down any interest in purchasing. That is all.

Good quality lithium ion batteries. You could use most any brand. Ours are a proprietary brand because we want the best, but any high grade lithium ion battery will work.

Davinci_vaporizer,
Reactions: max

darco

Good quality lithium ion batteries. You could use most any brand. Ours are a proprietary brand because we want the best, but any high grade lithium ion battery will work.

Could you elaborate what kind of Li-ion batteries are used? as far as I am aware, there are over 2 dozen types and sizes of Li batteries, and variations in chemistries. From general market opinion on various forums, I believe the AW batteries are considered to be one of the best out there. So does the DV use a standard sized battery like the 18650 or 14500 or similar? I appreciate it that you are choosing the best batteries for the DV, but I think it would be a huge boon for advanced users if you considered having standard replaceable batts like most ecig mods allow. From what I see, I think the mod is sturdy enough to easily outlive the batteries, especially for heavy users.

darco,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Oooh, just checked my tracking and says my DV is in the UK and has cleared customs - woop!!!

Fingers crossed I should have mine tomorrow and then I'll start reviewing and posting vids.

someone

just got mine today, thanks for the quick shipping! anyway, can you post a guide on changing the bottom mesh screen? do i just hook it out somehow and push the new one in all the way?

someone,

someone

just out of curiosity, any reason for making the oil cans almost the exact dimensions of a 9mm bullet casing? ;-)

someone,

V-RodVapors4U

I received my unit today as promised. Thanks Lance. It arrived on time and had a precharged batt. So I dug right in. Attached stem, and off I went. Yes there was a pre use smell of newness. Same when first cranked up. So I set it to 430 the max to do a burn in. The chamber is similar in size to the whispr, decent. The unit can get warm near the venting ports. Dunno yet about putting in my pocket before cool down.Ok, if you think the vapor stream on exhale is good on a whispr, then you'll like the DV. Better then a MFLB, but not as good as my ViVape. That's understandable in my mind, it is smaller. The vapor isnt heavy but if i had to rate it i would say a medium stream. suitable for my purposes. The duff is a very nice darker brown color. Stem doesn't get hot, as it can in my whispr. Dunno yet about batt life yet. The unit appears to be very durable. Buttons feel sturdy, and digital temp moves quickly when held down. Heats up to temp in minute or so. It doesn't feel like its fragile in your hand, and actually looks good. So far the only thing I can see at this point as a problem is cleaning it easily. It could use an extra brush, and a set of batteries as purchase options. OverAll I would give the DV a 4.25 out of a 5, or an A- for those born b4 1980's. I'm very happy with this purchase. We all know that the new Car appeal wears off, and flaws can service we haven't noticed when googglyEyed over a new toy, so I'll know more within thirty days. For now I would recommend to family and friends. Great idea, and great product. Keep it up.
The oil can is for oils and grinds, but can u put your personal tabacky grind in it to vape? That way Ya can preload the oil cans to use? And save time on cleaning the chamber as often as if you used just the chamber for your grind?
Last question is what do ya tell someone who just saw your unit, and inquires as to it's identity, and use? Inquiring minds need to know.

V-RodVapors4U,

V-RodVapors4U

Please don't keep us in suspense. Did that do the trick?
Yeah Dude, I cranked up about 3 times yesterday and there was A slight smell, but nothing to turn me off, and make me cry like a baby. I will indulge today, and be picking up on any smells and taste. I'll report later. Will take with me on a short road trip. Later.

V-RodVapors4U,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
When you guys say that they are getting hot near the venting holes, how hot are we talking? Like hot coffee hot or just noticeably hot.

Last question is what do ya tell someone who just saw your unit, and inquires as to it's identity, and use? Inquiring minds need to know.

my go to excuse is "it's a new style of ecigarette"

CentiZen,

max

Out to lunch
what do ya tell someone who just saw your unit, and inquires as to it's identity
It's a 2 way radio. :shrug: If they want a close inspection, tell 'em you're a beta tester and details can't be divulged. If they've seen it up to your mouth, it's a digital asthma inhaler, beta version.

Like hot coffee hot or just noticeably hot.
I doubt they're gonna set themselves up to get blamed for 2nd degree burns, just from handling it.

max,

V-RodVapors4U

It just gets really warm at the higher temps I occasionally hit. At factory temp it is cooler and so on.
Ok my short answer if asked about the DV. YO Dude dont bother me, I'm a BETA tester holding a top secret device. now go away.
Short trip earlier, unit is good with batt. However , a car charger would be a plus. Is it just me or do other folks get about 15-257 min of vape time per session. I mean it seems to keep vaporizing, and I keep going back and forth. It appears to be really efficient in reducing even the high grade of the high grade to a totally roasted brown color. I haven't stirred it, and it's uniform color throughout. Maybe a high dollar inverter will work in my car for charging? Anyone? The 10 min shutoff should be more like 15 or 20. Also would be nice if the temp was the same as you set it to when ya turned it off. Currently goes back to factory setting. The Little brush needs to be for sale on their site. Like they didn't already know I will lose mine in the future. C'mon people moneys to be made here. The taste is different from my whispr, but it's been broke in for about 2 months. Still impressed with the unit on the whole. Haha it's been less then 24 hours.

V-RodVapors4U,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
V-Rod, thanks for the review. :D

Got a question.. when you say the taste is different from the wispr, what do you mean exactly?

vorrange,

darco

Does anyone know what the Kevlar pouch looks like? (its mentioned in the first post)

darco,

V-RodVapors4U

Does anyone know what the Kevlar pouch looks like? (its mentioned in the first post)
I don't know either. Didn't receive one with unit. Unless they're calling the rubberized paint a Kevlar pouch (not hardly). I remember that to now that u mention it. Is the pouch no longer included? I'll have to find out.

V-Rod, thanks for the review. :DGot a question.. when you say the taste is different from the wispr, what do you mean exactly?
Well it's hard to describe exactly. It's not a turn off, so for now, I'll call it a newness taste. You can taste your stash as you would vaping out of other machines. I'll crank her up now for an am testing session. All done. It's a non issue with me. However my buds taste wise are not that great. So my gal is a nonpartaker. I emptied out both my portables, and asked her to draw through the stems of both my portables. She can detect like a newness taste in the DV. She could also detect a taste in the whispr, but to a lesser extent. So to me not a problem. I think the 2 units use similar med grade tubing in the stem. The DVs is covered in blk mesh material. The whispr is not. If that is the case it will diminish as the whispr did, and my ViVape as well. I wonder if washing with iso, and soap would help for those with a problem with the taste. If i get a chance ill do that today, and have my #1Gal retaste. The smell of the unit itself is almost nonexistent, certainly was stronger when I first removed from the box. Kinda like a new phone smell. he short of it is the smell, taste, and heat are ally nonissues for me.
I think a tool to remove inner screen, and an extra little brush is more of a concern. Oh and that Kevlar pouch cover thingy. Happy vapes to you. Tanks

SemperFiFund.org
(helping combat injured Marines)

V-RodVapors4U,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Well it's hard to describe exactly. It's not a turn off, so for now, I'll call it a newness taste. You can taste your stash as you would vaping out of other machines. I'll crank her up now for an am testing session. All done. It's a non issue with me. However my buds taste wise are not that great. So my gal is a nonpartaker. I emptied out both my portables, and asked her to draw through the stems of both my portables. She can detect like a newness taste in the DV. She could also detect a taste in the whispr, but to a lesser extent. So to me not a problem. I think the 2 units use similar med grade tubing in the stem. The DVs is covered in blk mesh material. The whispr is not. If that is the case it will diminish as the whispr did, and my ViVape as well. I wonder if washing with iso, and soap would help for those with a problem with the taste. If i get a chance ill do that today, and have my #1Gal retaste. The smell of the unit itself is almost nonexistent, certainly was stronger when I first removed from the box. Kinda like a new phone smell. he short of it is the smell, taste, and heat are ally nonissues for me.
I think a tool to remove inner screen, and an extra little brush is more of a concern. Oh and that Kevlar pouch cover thingy. Happy vapes to you. Tanks

Some vaporizers benefit from charging the batteries without cranking up the heat or set at a low temperature to let some smells evaporate. Also, i dunno if it is possible with the stem in the da vinci, but putting it in hot water, not boiling, helps with the smell of the tubing. Don't know if it is possible with the DaVinci but it helped with other vaporizers.

So, to be clear, you find the taste of the DaVinci similar to the Wispr, with a slight advantage with the Wispr?

vorrange,

V-RodVapors4U

Yes that's possible, it detaches easily. Just washed inside of stem with iso, and rinsed with warm water. Tried again just myself seemed to improve, will rinse with hot h2o later, and have my fab gal retest for me. For me it's fine, for some really sensitive person they may no likely. Then i suspect they may have the same problem wit dat cell phone they just bought. Yes to dat last ?, but maybe because the whispr is broken in completely over last couple months.

V-RodVapors4U,
Top Bottom