Davinci by Karma

stickstones

Vapor concierge
my guess is you are all reading more intent into that statement than there was...remember the limitations of forum communication.

stickstones,

Raf007

Retailer
Little question here for the users: at low temp, let say around 160-170 degrees, how many hits does the taste last ? Approximatively I mean.
Because my guess is that with a metallic bowl and constant contact with the temperature the taste must nost last long, compare to the solo,TV and Box for ex. And being a recreativ user some time, this is of most importance.
Is there a way to switch farhenheit to celcius?

Raf007,

max

Out to lunch
I think the use of the word "panicking" was a bit over the top. "Concerned" would have been a better choice. And as previously observed, I should be able to post what I wish as long as I stay within the guide lines of this Forum.

Thank you for your review.

stickstones said:
my guess is you are all reading more intent into that statement than there was...remember the limitations of forum communication.
Exactly. It's clear, at least to me, that jhpfunk just meant he didn't want to start a toxic plastic debate based on his post. That debate won't take place here in any case, since it's against the rules in a vape specific thread-listed under the sub topic of Forum Policies.​

max,

Lostclusters

I was taking a look at the rules of this Forum and to my surprise I found this:

"Forum Policies"

"If you have a question or comment regarding material safety, post it in General Discussion. Do not post it in a model thread."

So if I have a question or comment regarding material safety of a specific vape, like this one, I have to post it somewhere else? Where it is likely no one in this Forum will see it. Safety concerns are the most important subjects to discuss. And the rules say hide it somewhere else. I am taken a little aback by this. Could a Moderator please send me a PM about why this is because I have some difficultly making sense out of it.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
it's because we were having threads get clogged up about the safety of brass in the airpath. pretty soon the entire thread was about brass instead of the actual unit using the brass. so let's say you find out this vape has teflon in the airpath and you are not sure about that. You can bring it up here, but then discuss teflon in its own thread, since teflon has been, and could continue to be, used in other vapes. So, ask away right here about this vape and its airpath and materials used, but if it becomes a discussion of materials, then we need to start that elsewhere.

Lostclusters

it's because we were having threads get clogged up about the safety of brass in the airpath. pretty soon the entire thread was about brass instead of the actual unit using the brass. so let's say you find out this vape has teflon in the airpath and you are not sure about that. You can bring it up here, but then discuss teflon in its own thread, since teflon has been, and could continue to be, used in other vapes. So, ask away right here about this vape and its airpath and materials used, but if it becomes a discussion of materials, then we need to start that elsewhere.

Ah, now that actually makes sense. The rule itself does not engender that thus is open to interpretation. Thanks for clearing that up.

Sorry about the grief.

Lostclusters,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
We always welcome feedback and want brutally honest reviews and concerns, even if they are questions that aren't comfortable to answer. We want to produce the best quality products possible and if something is amiss or causing alarm, no matter the scale, we definitely want to hear about it. It could be a one off issue or something we need to look into and change/fix.

We can't move forward with great, innovative products if all we hear are sunshine reviews and the proverbial smoke up the wazzoo :) (actually, if everything was legit 100%, we'd be stoked, but are realistic enough to know nothing is perfect, but we can sure as hell strive to be).

Keep the reviews (good and bad), feedback, criticisms, complaints and compliments coming in.

vape4life

Banned for life
Thanks Davinci, you are totally awesome for being so upfront and available for questions. I am excited about this product, but really am waiting to hear other reviews and especially opinions about this "smell" as that is a huge factor for me when I buy a vape. I'm completely ok with a "break-in" and for manufacturing residues to burn off, just like with my Solo, but that very rapidly went away, like after just a few uses. If that's the case then no problem, but if this odour continues past a day or two, well then i'll just stick to my Solo until that issue is resolved.

vape4life,

1800yolk

ha this looks cool, can't wait to see more reviews!
I have been looking at the Vapor Blunt, but now that I found this I'm a tad more interested in it. The VB is probably more fun and useful with groups, but i'm mostly looking for a personal vape. I don't need a very big bowl, and this vape seems to fit the bill.

1800yolk,

HoneyAir

The only concern I have about the DaVinci is in being able to manually replace the batteries when they have run down. I like fixing my stuff instead of having to send them in, and I have no problem with losing the warranty over doing so.

Shipping costs money both ways, and there is also the wait involved. I can always order batteries ahead of time to continue with the unit uninterrupted once the old ones have finally given out.

I know you have said you prefer the unit gets sent back in so that the batteries are replaced properly, but I hope that you will also have the option open for those who wish to self-repair and provide the information needed to be able to get replacement batteries.

HoneyAir,
Reactions: Dogman

Lostclusters

The only concern I have about the DaVinci is in being able to manually replace the batteries when they have run down. I like fixing my stuff instead of having to send them in, and I have no problem with losing the warranty over doing so.

Shipping costs money both ways, and there is also the wait involved. I can always order batteries ahead of time to continue with the unit uninterrupted once the old ones have finally given out.

I know you have said you prefer the unit gets sent back in so that the batteries are replaced properly, but I hope that you will also have the option open for those who wish to self-repair and provide the information needed to be able to get replacement batteries.

I hope I am not being too obvious here but there are only two things you would need to do. Be able to take the unit apart and to be able to find a suitable battery replacement. You might need to MacGyver a connection but I would think anyone contemplating this would not have trouble imprevising a battery connection.

Lostclusters,

HoneyAir

Sometimes batteries have no markings on them to indicate what kind they are, so the info on what specifically to order for replacement [or being available to order from the seller] is what is being asked for.

HoneyAir,

CentiZen

Evil Genius in Training
Accessory Maker
I asked already several pages back and it is pretty clear that the manufacturer is not divulging that info. However even if the cells were unmarked, we could still get that information through a battery testing system (I use this one http://nicko01.com/?p=11)

I don't plan on getting a unit for a little while but when I do I will attempt to reverse engineer it a bit, so long as I don't break it.

CentiZen,

V-RodVapors4U

I'm ready to bite the bullet. Anxious to compare to the my Whispr, and LB.
Where is the best place to purchase? DV web site wants 20 bucks for tax, but overnight shipping is free.
Amazon is 5 bucks cheaper , no tax, but there is a charge for shipping. Amazon wants my card info before they say how much for overnight shipping. What do yall think?
Thanks for the inside info you've provided in this thread David from DV, what do you think is the best option for purchase?

V-RodVapors4U,

V-RodVapors4U

Ok, went to DaVinci site, also free shipping. However site links are crap. It declined both my cards. Of course they're good. Then aft mucho typing to find this out, I click the contact us button , and its a nogo link. It doesn't work. I just want to order with the bestest deals.
David contact me plz.

V-RodVapors4U,

Lostclusters

Ok, went to DaVinci site, also free shipping. However site links are crap. It declined both my cards. Of course they're good. Then aft mucho typing to find this out, I click the contact us button , and its a nogo link. It doesn't work. I just want to order with the bestest deals.
David contact me plz.

I had a similar experience on a different site and it turned out to be the browser I was using (Firefox).

Lostclusters,

V-RodVapors4U

I'm using an Ipad2. That may be the problem.

Anyone have the phone number ? I can't locate at either site. Tanks

V-RodVapors4U,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Both sites should have free shipping, but for now, order from the karma classic site. The Davincivaporizer.com site is undergoing some behind the scenes work.

V-Rod, glad to talk to you on the phone today about your order and get the order placed. It's also shipping out today and you should have it tomorrow.

Also, if buying davinci on amazon, ONLY buy the davinci from our official amazon store. There is another company trying to sell our vaporizer and they are not authorized to sell on amazon and even if they were, they can't possibly have any units in stock. Any purchases through amazon or ebay that aren't our official stores are not covered through our warranty.

Davinci_vaporizer,

V-RodVapors4U

Thanks to all.
I called and ordered through Lance. Job done. Overnight free, no tax.
Good to know. Cause I sure didnt. Appreciate ya getting it out today.

V-RodVapors4U,

max

Out to lunch
Davinci_vaporizer said:
There is another company trying to sell our vaporizer and they are not authorized to sell on amazon and even if they were, they can't possibly have any units in stock. Any purchases through amazon or ebay that aren't our official stores are not covered through our warranty.
And yet "Only 7 left in stock - order soon." ;)

These days it seems that one shady outfit or another is gonna be selling any new, hot vape on the market, whether they're authorized to sell 'em or not.

max,
Top Bottom