Clear Dome glass

Ben

Progress said:
(...)to be continued?
41HE8H9XA5L._SS500_.jpg

for illustrative purpose of the short story above ;)

Ben,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
Progress said:
CD, that inline you made with a dremel is impressive :tup: (you must have a good eye and a steady hand ;) ).

I can only imagine what you could do with a sharper, thinner, cooler saw. :brow:

Ain't glass great?...so much you can do with it! :)

I'm glad it seems like you're having fun as your learning new skills. :cool:

Short Story: As the people strolled through the convention you could hear a passing group saying, "Oh shit check out that stuff...I've never seen anything like it..that's soo fuckin' Dome!" As the group strolls onwards, another group is revealed, including the now famous, Clear Dome who is still amazed to hear people refer to sick glass pieces as Dome! The tallest person of the bunch, at this point, turns to to Clear Dome and says, "Do you remember when we were just a bunch of strangers chatting vap way back before FC ever had a million members? Another (sorta weird one) says, "it is a serendipitous path we travel." The chubby one says, "Confucius says..." and giggles out of his squinty, little, red eyes.........to be continued?

edit: Thanks for the illustration! :D
:lol: yes glass have infinite possibility , it is an awesome medium . As I said befor I'm learn to be machinist at school (I have made lot of lathe and milling and some ultra small and tight pieces with metal , my eyes are good , I know when things are right and well centred , it help my a lot , the rest is just logic ,physic and some art LOL it's fun I just feel like I can do it 24/7 and still have thing to try !

and for the million members on fc well ...hummm :suspicious: .......:lol:

Clear_Dome,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Clear_Dome said:
I was messing with my ''dremel'' tool and I realise that I can make d cut with it ! ....this will soon be a the stem of an inline, I will just have to flame polish it and close the end ! :brow:
[url]http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1494179_DSCF0077.JPG[/url]
SA : :p sorry about my short answer on the phone LOL as you can see I'm way better to write than talk english :lol: btw I was happy to get news from you , hope you like the stuff
Could you blast that with a flame to kind of clean up those chipped edges?

SpiralArchitect,

CripWeed

Nice CD what wheel you using on your dremmel to make those cuts,, looks like ima need to do that...

CripWeed,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Here is one of my new pieces in action... :ko: Works great, CD put ridges on the tubing attachment so it makes a nice tight seal with no slip. :tup:

Hope you dont mind the artistic effect, stoned and bored

zmcas9.jpg

Hi-res

SpiralArchitect,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
CripWeed said:
Nice CD what wheel you using on your dremmel to make those cuts,, looks like ima need to do that...
hehe I never thought about it , I was sure that only a saw can do it since I realize that dremmel cut glass LOL it take probably more time but the result is about the same but I already have the dremmel so !

SpiralArchitect said:
Clear_Dome said:
I was messing with my ''dremel'' tool and I realise that I can make d cut with it ! ....this will soon be a the stem of an inline, I will just have to flame polish it and close the end ! :brow:
[url]http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1494179_DSCF0077.JPG[/url]
SA : :p sorry about my short answer on the phone LOL as you can see I'm way better to write than talk english :lol: btw I was happy to get news from you , hope you like the stuff
Could you blast that with a flame to kind of clean up those chipped edges?
yes , just using a small bushy flame can just melt the surface of the glass and will make desapeare all the small chip . Damn the elbow really fit the rest the bong ! hehe so nice !

Clear_Dome,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
as promise :o this will be my personal inline bong !!I really love it but sadly I broke it right up the inline at the laste second :/ so I weld it back and now it is a bit offset , btw this is the biggest piece that I made till today .... it was the first time that I made some ice pinch so over it I had learn some things and got some fun ...

it is about 12 inch over all , no need to say that this is the maximum size that I can put in my mini kiln ..and it is not super well enneal but it look solid !!

Clear_Dome,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Wow, CD! That is a keeper! It probably works VERY well from what I can see (the amount the inline overshoots the upright tube probably makes up for the thickness of the slits perfectly).

Have you thought about the possibility of adding a matching marble on the back of the tube just below the mouthpiece for it to rest on when lying down?--instead of it resting on its mouthpiece (and as a comfortable place to grab possibly).

Thanks for sharing your rapidly-progressing glass prowess!

Gotcha (below) a thick rubber ring, stand, etc. could work too (that is if it bothers you for the mouthpiece to touch the ground).

Progress,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I cant work the mouth piece a lot cause as I said , this too big for my kiln , so the inline is inside and the mouth piece is outside the kiln ...hard to explain LOL but in fact I cant LOL

thanks for watching and comenting

Clear_Dome,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Wow, that is really nice man. 18.8mm?

Too bad it's a bit offset, but it sure looks beautiful. Hows it rip?

SpiralArchitect,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I cant believe it too , but I can make better , I'm sure LOL .....this the best hobby I ever had ,you can always push the thing a bit more LOL really !

I just end up the assorted slide , look nice .

EDIT :
the vaporizer connector :

Clear_Dome,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Damn, that is sick. What is that 'style' called? With the 'lumps'? I love the slide man, especially that wicked handle!

SpiralArchitect,

Ben

C'est magnifique CD. Cette dernire pice est vraiment impressionnante : beautiful and sophisticated. It is a pleasure for the eyes and also for the mind :cool:
Je comprends pas bien comment tu fais pour parvenir un tel rsultat, mais tu y arrives: bravo!
Applaudissements03.gif
Tu dois tre un peu sorcier pour arriver dompter le feu et manier les flammes ainsi ;)

Ben,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
i definitely need some custom glass for my extreme. let me know a price, im willing to pay more because i dont want the stock elbow it feels too cheap.

illadelph,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
I dont take custom order for now and also please dont ask via the this post ask via email if you want someting !

BTW I feel bad now to post those pix :/...:lol: , my first Extreme bowl and elbow , it mean a lot to me ...cause this is on fc that I made my first request for some custom extreme pieces and those pieces make me discover glass blowing ...anyway check this :

Clear_Dome,

illadelph

vaked fresh daily
lol you would post that right after i asked.:lol: its cool though ill hit you up with an email in the future.

illadelph,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Look gorgeous CD. I especially like the warts in the middle of that 2x female piece.... good work bro. :tup:

SpiralArchitect,

partially veiled

Lo Boob Oscillator
C_D your work has come SO far so fast...I can't tell you how impressive it is. I really, really, really hope you stick with this, or at least do soemthing that allows you to express yourselve artistically. You clearly have talent and you clearly have vision, and I think you're well on your way to really being able to express that artistic vision through glass art. Keep at it bro, you are astounding us all and you will continue to do so...as long as you continue to do the work. :)

:peace:

partially veiled,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
it is importante to see the piece in your head before making it ,it make the whole thing way easier ..this is an other inline tube , it broke in the kiln yesterday so I bring it back in the flame 2d and fix it , not that bad ..there is also a bottle for one of my friend to make some ''puff 'a' boutss '':lol: ...the honeycomb of the stopper is just TO SICK in real , so deep and milky , but I cant take it in picture , it just look weird , I 'll try to do best tomorow for the pix :

Clear_Dome,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i cant wait to see how your skill progresses in that time, i have no doubt you will still improve a great deal because youre already awesome at what youre doing after only a couple months, very impressive work, keep it up

Acolyte of Zinglon,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
this is the next tube in construction ! it can give you an idea about how it is made .

look at the welding on the inline ,this is my best till today , for now I cant continu , I ran out of oxygen ..I'll finish it tomorow

Clear_Dome,
Top Bottom