1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Cheap, high-quality bubbler??

Discussion in 'Glass' started by Bleezy, Mar 3, 2012.

1. BigDaddyVapor

BigDaddyVapor @BigDogJunction

It threw me to... I kept looking at the picture, wondering what the Hell was bugging me about it. Then I noticed that the joints, both look the same size... as the bowl. Finally, if you take a look at the downstem extending into the tube. Sure looks like 10mm to me.
  2. NeeChee

NeeChee More meatloaf Ma!

I have been following this thread for a while and bought the 40$ pipesdaddy bubbler.Thanks by the way it works great and very compact.My question is... the white clip they give you for the mouthpiece.It snaps on ok but does not stop the mouthpiece from falling out.Is there a trick to it like squeezing it before putting it on? Or do i need to buy a new clip from somewhere and which one do i buy? thanks
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.
  3. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

It's an 18mm clip, and the mouthpiece is 14mm.

So it does work with the main 18mm joint, but isn't very useful for most vaporizer applications.
  4. Shad0w99

Shad0w99 New Member

got the infamous here too! Thanks for all the videos. It was very helpful! will put up vidoes when it gets here!

Thank you
  5. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

I am glad I don't need the clip but I think it is funny that I am the only one that didn't get one. I love this little thing still.
    SSVUN~YAH and nopartofme like this.
  6. nopartofme

nopartofme Well-Known Member

No clip here! No problems and lots of love :nod:
    Dreamerr likes this.
  7. Hoops

Hoops Well-Known Member

I didn't receive a clip either, when I asked for one originally the guy said he was out of them or he'd include it for free. Probably why everyone who got a clip ended up with a 18mm....which isn't too useful for the little guy.
  8. NeeChee

Don't feel bad it doesn't work it fits the bottom 18mm ok just wont keep the 14mm in place.I want the one BigDaddyVapor has on his a few pages back!
  9. Dreamerr

I don't want one at all but was just making a comment. I like the fact that I can turn the mouth piece at a 90 degree angle.
    nopartofme likes this.
  10. NeeChee

i wouldn't mind a blue clip for when clumzies come over.Im just amazed of the draw speed of this sucker. i guess i have to turn down my heat and take slower draws.I got the pink Rezblock delivered all the same day like a mini FC glass starter kit! Thanks! but i'm afraid i will be broke soon...
    FrogBoy138 and paytonpenn like this.
  11. chip chipperson

chip chipperson Member

I also ordered a 14mm clip with my infamous and received 2 - 18mm clips instead. too bad i dont need any 18mm clips and did need a 14 :\
  12. Dreamerr

You guys must really be hard on glass. I use all glass dishes and storage containers. I just replaced my rubbermaids cause glass cleans better and doesn't get messed up in the microwave. I am yet to break anything. I will say my son managed to break a corelle dish and I was shocked. I guess guys are just good like that.

This bubbler is thick. Short of dropping it on tile or hitting it really hard on the side of a table I can't see breaking it. I said really hard. Sometimes you are just lucky and get the weak spot but that happens.
  13. BigDaddyVapor

BigDaddyVapor @BigDogJunction

I got my clips from Mike (oregonglassblower). I use the 18mm one on my SSFG Travel Beaker. Locks both pieces SOLID. I can pick it up by the downstem, filled with water... no problem.
    NeeChee likes this.
  14. justcametomind

justcametomind Well-Known Member

thank you for your posts and picture. I think I'll get a replacement bowl. They finally told me they will rembourse me the shipping costs because it is their fault.
    BigDaddyVapor, FrogBoy138 and SD_haze like this.
  15. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

just got one of the infamous bubs and WOW for such a tiny package, it's really giving me some nice diffusion. It is actually smaller than I expected, and makes a very nice size for travel/carry around piece. Very nice addition :) thanks for posting about this little bub everyone.

Here's a vid with the HI, seems to work well with the Pax and Solo, and I imagine the INH would do well with this bub too with the right adapters. Great for portables. Hard to say how long these welds will hold up, but it is a low price piece of glass that hits nice, can't complain too much.

16. FrogBoy138

FrogBoy138 Well-Known Member

Justcametomind Good I'm happy for you I was worried can't stand to see someone new to a hobby get off to a bad start because of wrong info from a vendor.
  17. Tweak

Tweak T\/\/34|<

One reason I quit using my BL saxo, the blowback is the worse of all my pieces. Not so much a problem once you get the routine of pulling the whip out, but becomes a big problem when you have guests using it and they keep blowing herb into your heater cover. :ugh:

You could maybe try and place a removable downstem into the bubbler's downstem, decreasing the bore and potentially the amount of air being pushed back.
    SSVUN~YAH and sunsett70 like this.
  18. NewVape

NewVape Got Glass?

Ok I submit. You've won. I can no long hold out. I just ordered the Infamous...
  19. Dreamerr

Gee NewVape if I gave in what took you so long? I am the slow one around here.
    jambandphan03 likes this.
  20. justcametomind

justcametomind Well-Known Member

21. StickyShisha

StickyShisha Well-Known Member

22. SD_haze

SD_haze MMJ Vaporist

(semi off-topic response :p)
    If you're spending $150 on a nail, you better be sure to take good care of it. Things like excessive heating or improper cleaning [getting water on it] can actually make the nail less functional (reduced heat retention).

The adjustable Do You Dab (DYD) nail is a whopping 50% less (75)
  23. HSIHP

HSIHP Well-Known Member

Same exact thing here. With BDV leading the charge and many others really liking this piece I just had to pull the trigger. I'll admit, Jam, your stamp of approval made me 100% positive that this is the piece for me. Now the waiting game... :argh:
  24. VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd JoDa Glassworks Glass Blower

It really is a great piece for the price!
  25. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Vapor Goddess

I agree, I am really enjoying how small it is, but still very effective. Thanks for the vote of confidence there HSHIP. I ended up ordering a 14mm metal Klip for $11 on ebay for the mouthpiece connect, hope it works.
    SSVUN~YAH likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors