• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Bleezy

Burn without Fire
Do they even make this??? I'm trying to find the cheapest bubbler possible, without sacrificing quality. I would also like to avoid anything made in China. :ko: I'm new to glass and am not sure what characteristics make for a better glass piece; I assume that there is an optimal thickness, diffusion style (for vaping at least), etc. I simply can't believe that some pieces are $300+ but again, I'm new to glass and so probably would not be able to appreciate some of the higher end products. Anyway, I prefer something with a little less diffusion to preserve flavor (I believe I read somewhere on here that diffusion reduces flavor, of vapor). If I can't find anything sub-$80-100, I'll probably just get an Ehle 250, but I prefer the aesthetics of a bubbler versus any bong. Thanks for the help, peoples of the FC community.
Btw, it's for vaporbonging with a CRZ (shipped today :D).
And also, I have skimmed the other threads containing similar content; however, those threads placed emphasis on optimizing quality, whereas I am looking for the cheapest while not being crappy, so mods don't go banhammer on me pl0x ;)

Bleezy

Burn without Fire
WatTyler said:
Bleezy said:
..... because FUCK CHINA!! ....
That is such a stupid thing to say :2c: Let's see you enjoy your quality of life without China and the hard work of the Chinese.
I was only joking; you'd know that if you knew me :lol: As much as I love and reap the economic benefits that inevitably result from flooding the market with low-cost, widely low-quality goods, I am quite opposed to the reportedly low quality of China-made glass. I understand that without China, the US would be nowhere; sorry if that was perceived as ignorance.

And of course, they sell only PRIMO body parts. Perhaps a liver-bong is in order. Haha.

And that bub looks great, and the poster mentioned a discount bringing it down to $100. I must have completely overlooked that thread. It is more or less what I am looking for, thanks a lot! I posted this after I made the false assumption that I could find something decent in the 50-80 range, and that people here spent more because they wanted better products. But, it seems that they are more expensive than I thought. Good find, but any thing cheaper is still much appreciated.

lwien

Bleezy said:
I was only joking; you'd know that if you knew me :lol: As much as I love and reap the economic benefits that inevitably result from flooding the market with low-cost, widely low-quality goods, I am quite opposed to the reportedly low quality of China-made glass. I understand that without China, the US would be nowhere; sorry if that was perceived as ignorance.

What can also be construed as an ignorant statement is the assumption that everything that is manufactured in China are low-cost, low quality goods. Products from Apple and Sony and just about every other piece of electronic goods are either manufactured in China or the parts that they use are manufactured in China.

You know what'd I'd like to see. I'd like to see anyone who is anti-China give up every piece of product that they own that is either manufactured in China or whose parts are manufactured in China for if you did, you wouldn't have a computer to respond to this post.

Nycdeisel

I have used different straight tubes and beakers with different sorts of downstems, the best piece to go with log vapes(the CRZ in this case ;)) from my experience is the Headford inline bubbler. it goes for about 160 dollars on AquaLab
edit: i just posted a video in the Zap thread if you want to see an example.

and good point Lwien^ ;)

onigiri1692

I don't really smoke much anymore so spending a lot of money on some glass just doesn't make sense for me so I was thinking about getting a Black Leaf Glass Ball Diffuser Bong, only $28 and I think it would be perfect for vapebonging. Others on FC have said that Black Leaf products are pretty good for the money and at $28 there isn't much to lose. I just don't like that it has a carb (I believe I see one in the pic).

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...-glass-ball-diffuser-bong.cfm?iProductID=7914

Another idea I had was just buying a Buchner flask (see link) and rigging up some kind of setup. At the moment I am just trying to figure out what kind of stopper to use. I don't want to use rubber, but I also need something that I could stick a glass tube through (perhaps some kind of diffuser). If anyone has any ideas on how to put together a rig like this please share them.

Here is the flask: http://www.amazon.com/Filtering-Fla...=UTF8&coliid=IFT445OT4T0L&colid=3EALIC92AINCU

Bleezy

Burn without Fire
lwien said:
Bleezy said:

What can also be construed as an ignorant statement is the assumption that everything that is manufactured in China are low-cost, low quality goods. Products from Apple and Sony and just about every other piece of electronic goods are either manufactured in China or the parts that they use are manufactured in China.

You know what'd I'd like to see. I'd like to see anyone who is anti-China give up every piece of product that they own that is either manufactured in China or whose parts are manufactured in China for if you did, you wouldn't have a computer to respond to this post.

That's about all I have to do on that one, as I thought I thoroughly covered all my bases...

And wow, Nyc, what a rip!!! You make me wish the mail ran on Sunday :p . That piece is a little out of my price range atm.

The one PB mentioned is definitely worth a look.

Hmmm... Interesting thought onigiri. If I were to attempt to make my own, I would look into using high temp rated silicone for making the connections airtight. Just my :2c: .

onigiri1692

Bleezy said:
Hmmm... Interesting thought onigiri. If I were to attempt to make my own, I would look into using high temp rated silicone for making the connections airtight. Just my :2c: .

Thanks for the suggestion, dunno why I did not think of it...a simple amazon search found what is needed.

Silicone Stopper: http://www.amazon.com/Solid-Silicone-Stopper/dp/B0064ODLX4

Drill a hole through the stopper (or find stopper with hole already in it), put the glass tube through the hole (or diffuser stem), then put onto the flask. Attach some silicone tubing to the hose barb and voil a nice piece of glass for under $50 that is perfect for vapebonging. I am going to put some more thought into this, because I am seriously thinking about putting a rig like this together.

SD_haze

onigiri1692 said:
I don't really smoke much anymore so spending a lot of money on some glass just doesn't make sense for me so I was thinking about getting a Black Leaf Glass Ball Diffuser Bong, only $28 and I think it would be perfect for vapebonging. Others on FC have said that Black Leaf products are pretty good for the money and at $28 there isn't much to lose. I just don't like that it has a carb (I believe I see one in the pic).

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin...-glass-ball-diffuser-bong.cfm?iProductID=7914

If you live in the Americas its definitely not close to $28. EDIT is european so shipping costs for glass from there are pretty nasty (based on weight)

Beezy,
Here's a diffused bubbler handblown in california for a pretty fair price Van Tran Bub
If you don't like the removeable mouthpiece this is a great deal (also made in california) Whobrey Bub
(EDIT nvm on the Whobrey, what PB mentioned. and my post too haha)

Bleezy

Burn without Fire
I'm not sure what the purpose of the removable mouthpiece is, but the piece looks nice. Also, is the one PB suggested GonG compatible, or would I have to buy an adapter?

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Neither of the 2 you posted have a GonG connection, so I don't know if you will be able to easily mate the CRZ with them.
I'm sure something could be mcguyvered up, but it may not be ideal.

The one PB posted looks like a 14mm GonG connection to me, so the CRZ stem should fit snugly into that with no problems.

If it has an 18 mm joint, you would need a 18mm to 14mm reducing adapter, which tend to go for $15ish.

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: vjohns1234

Bleezy

Burn without Fire
Yeah, I was thinking that I could shove a tapered silicone stopper w/ a hole drilled into it... into it, which also eliminates the need for a 18->14. A little ghetto, but for well under half price of the cheapest proposed so far. Really getting economical here.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I have bought a few cheap pieces in an attempt to save some money. They all turned out to be pretty much useless and are just laying around now, waiting to be trashed or given away.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself that Ehle. Don't cheap out on the diffused downstem either, I'm convinced you won't regret it.

Also, cheap and high-quality should never be in the same sentence imo, it just doesn't work like that.

edit: you're an American right? Perhaps an RX-industries tube would be cheaper for you to get then. From what I gather it is of similar quality as Ehle. I don't particular care for the ice-notches myself, but it's definitely one to consider if you were looking at Ehle glass.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
lwien said:
Bleezy said:

I'm not really going to get into this, as it involves politics a lot closer to home and too divisive for the place, I come to chill.

Drop the politics. You really don't want to go continue dipping into that particular well.

Bleezy

Burn without Fire
OhTheAgony said:
I have bought a few cheap pieces in an attempt to save some money. They all turned out to be pretty much useless and are just laying around now, waiting to be trashed or given away.

Do yourself a favor and get yourself that Ehle. Don't cheap out on the diffused downstem either, I'm convinced you won't regret it.

Also, cheap and high-quality should never be in the same sentence imo, it just doesn't work like that.

edit: you're an American right? Perhaps an RX-industries tube would be cheaper for you to get then. From what I gather it is of similar quality as Ehle. I don't particular care for the ice-notches myself, but it's definitely one to consider if you were looking at Ehle glass.

Now that was helpful! Unfortunately, my budget for glass just dropped to 0, so I'll have to wait a while. But I'm pretty much sold on the RX when the time comes, thanks a lot.
I was sort of asking for a balance of cheap and high-quality, which I have deduced to lie in the $110-130 range for a bubbler. I assumed that there wouldn't be much of a price difference b/w bongs and bubs, but that was dead wrong. You can get a quality bong for $60, whereas a good bubbler seems to be twice as much.

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
I thought the SSFG tubes were more expensive than the RX ones but apparently I was wrong. Those are a good option as well and practically (or even completely?) similar to the RX. Can't really tell what sort of diffusion they have from those pictures though, the punched holes on the RX looked really nice and similar to my Ehle.

Yeah, you guys have some amazing bubs over there Bleezy, but they can be crazy expensive. Good luck saving up ;)

Nycdeisel

SSFG is great! Good quality for affordable prices. I own a few pieces from them and all work great! I would def pick something up from there if you are on a tight budget.

placetime

I know this thread says both cheap and high-quality, but there seems to be too many different similar threads like this right now, and this is the only one that says "cheap" in the title, so I'm gonna go with this thread. Y'all kick me out to a different thread if I'm wrong here. ;) I've been looking at super-cheap options for bubblers for vapes, and found these--

On the super-cheap side, what do y'all think about this one:
http://www.gogopipes.com/Glass_Bubbler-tree_perk_bubblers.html

med-img-perk_bubbler.jpg

Please note-- I have no experience at all with any of the different fancy "percs", but from what I've read around here, this is maybe too cheap and will probably break quickly/easily?

And here's another super cheap one. Looks like it's already got a whip adapter too:
http://www.pipesdaddy.com/product-p/vp-0022.htm
VP-0022-2T.jpg

And I'm really curious what y'all think of this one:
http://www.bongoutlet.ca/fingers-perculator-glass-hand-water-pipe-p-763.html
669%20(5).JPG

Are these all "too cheap don't bother with it cuz it'll just break" bubblers? I'm especially tempted by the last one because it's so unusual. :cool: I assume that because these are all on the cheaper end, they won't be "beautiful" in many ways that more expensive pieces are. But many people don't have the budget for those nice pieces but would still like water filtration. If a cheapo bubbler just breaks quickly, it's useless in my opinion; but if it's functional, albeit not in a superior super-smooth way, it could still be quite useful for some people.

I'd love comments from y'all, especially some of you very knowledgeable glass freaks out there. You know who you are. :)
:peace:

edit: I neglected to mention that I'm looking for something as small as possible (even a 9" SSFG beaker is a bit bigger than I'd prefer) and with a 14 or 18 gong.

Top Bottom