• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
You can just place the cold thingy in tin foil folded right and you should be ok so you won't have to wrap anything else.:) The foil also keeps it cold longer I think. You can just freeze it that way as well.

Dreamerr,
You can just place the cold thingy in tin foil folded right and you should be ok so you won't have to wrap anything else.:) The foil also keeps it cold longer I think. You can just freeze it that way as well.
Aye or a ziploc, which come to think of it is exactly how I used to carry those :D

kingofnull,

dorkus_molorkus

this is from my grasscity order.

$112 after 25% disc with free del for spending $250 in my order.

this piece is my new fav- :rockon:

check it.......

picture.php

then there is the saxo ten arm. wow what a monster! the can on this thing is huge.
I either gotta take a breath half way thru or I fill the can up with water like in the pics.

Still experimenting with water levels etc. I dont mind it, but I dont love it as much as I thought I would.

oh and thats 'Beaker' my new 9mm thick 5lb monster fucking bong. totally off the hook ridiculous.

picture.php

natural farmer

Got my Saxo too the other day and it's going to star in the next vids I am planning for reviewing the Hot Pod and my Inh. So far I love it more and more every day. It needs less cleaning than my small bubbler (i fill with water and some salt), gives me huge hits as the chamber is on the biggish side and is super smooth even for my uber sensitive throat and tongue. The big mouthpiece needs a little getting used to but since it can also fit some icecubes I really don't mind... :) I really like holding it while in the couch, feels like a Saxo, :D. Oh, and my Inh milks the shit out of it and the whole Inh experience has greatly improved too! Recommended for sure...

bleak

Stoner Gear Peddler
Accessory Maker

PAZ

Just a heads up, Grasscity is having a "secret santa" sale, 30% off all orders until the 24th Dec! Theres a red banner on the homepage with the details.

I'm about to order this badboy: http://www.grasscity.com/int_en/gla...c-glass-bubbler-snob-glass-collaboration.html

With 30% off, that bubbler ends up costing just over $100 Australian dollars (plus shipping of course), pretty ridiculous price!!

I figure at this point, might as well wait till boxing day. I assume that will be the biggest sale of the year.

PAZ,

terpsfan726

terpsfan726,
I wouldn't recommend the cheaper Saxo because it has no rondel (foot) and will be less than rock-stable. I only half way recommend the 10-arm Saxo because the tubing on the arm section is too thin and the weld quality on mine is sub par - the 10 arm diffuser is actually very solid and well reinforced and does diffuse very nicely - it's a properly thought out tree and not a chug fest.

Keep in mind that you'll be paying shipping on top of that price, and if you're in the US or Canada it will be like 20-30$. At those prices I'd start thinking about American glass, even used, such as Jamband's great piece in the classifieds.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

NoddingDonkey

Oil, Glass & I'm a bit of an ass
I would strongly encourage the OP and other readers in the market for cheap glass to stick with North American made glass, preferably from artists who are transparent with their starting materials, if not bragging about them. I'm sorry but Chinese slave glass cracks. I don't know if its an annealing thing, crap starting recipe, crap rod pulls, or what...but I wouldn't buy a piece made from Chinese glass, let alone made IN china from Chinese glass, all by slave labor. That Aqua Lab $80 bubbler a few pages back is going to be your best bet if you're trying to keep it under $150. If you can handle $220 I would 100% get a hitman phase 2 and not even shop around first. they are the best bang for buck before you start approaching $500 and beyond (in which case I would say Toro, or BC Bacon Thick Cut)

NoddingDonkey,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Thanks for the input, but this thread has been going on for some time and the topic of glass, has been brought up, in multiple threads. This isn't the thread to debate the morality of glass. Its for cheap and as good a bang for your buck glass, you can get.

EDIT: When I was still willing to purchase from GC, I was going to buy this piece. Its a good buy at normal price, but awesome, forjust over $50.

http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/black-leaf-inline-percolator-glass-bong-layback.html#.UNJxMkwYaTk

PAZ

Thanks for the input, but this thread has been going on for some time and the topic of glass, has been brought up, in multiple threads. This isn't the thread to debate the morality of glass. Its for cheap and as good a bang for your buck glass, you can get.

EDIT: When I was still willing to purchase from GC, I was going to buy this piece. Its a good buy at normal price, but awesome, forjust over $50.

http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/black-leaf-inline-percolator-glass-bong-layback.html#.UNJxMkwYaTk

What do you mean by 'willing', what's wrong with them exactly?

PAZ,

natural farmer

Agree 100%!!! As much as I would love a better quality glass, the fact is I can't get the same hits I get from my cheap Saxo if I buy a 100$ American (IDRGAS) glass piece. The good piece will be smaller and won't give me as much diffusion. If I break the chinese glass, and I am pretty sure it will eventually happen sooner or later as I am a stoner after all, I won't cry for a fortnight. If I break my American (IDRGAS) glass I will need a fresh jar of herbs to make it better! :lol: I am thinking of a Steele Concept or a JET water pipe for the same reasons... Great diffusion and long lasting! American glass or any other country's (IDRGAS) quality glass is a luxury item especially if you can't get it locally and you need to pay all these shipping costs!

natural farmer,
Saying that quality glass is a luxury item is silly. The price difference between inferior quality Chinese glass and superior quality American or European glass is not that wide. There are even glassblowers catering to this forum specifically with great people making great glass.

You vote with your money. Do you want to vote for Chinese glass?

FrogBoy138

Yeah it's the best deal all year on GC. from what i can tell no need to spend $250 it's spend $175 and get $250 in goods free shipping. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what i think. All glass cracks and brakes that's why I can't spend over 70 I want a mini tube from SSFG "Thanks to this thread" or a mini Silika. If and when I do ever spend 200 I'll buy a Jet sub Zero waterpipe it's shatter proof won't crack made in the US and will accept any 14mm add on, guaranteed for life. I'm not really sure what part is guaranteed for life but I've seen people drop it from 2ed floor on a driveway and it was fine. So yeah I wanted the 10 arm Saxo about a year ago but I did not buy it. I just kept reading reviews if your in the US why buy from the EU for the same price. Also why buy from China for half the price. Thanks to this thread and lots of research I will not be buying anything from GC. or any of the other weed*tar sites. I look at it like this the cheep china bubbler is 28 weed*tar payday shipped to my door is 54 or an HVY is 58 Silika and SSFG for around 70. Please come back at me if you disagree in any way most of all you glass snobs.

FrogBoy138,
Yeah it's the best deal all year on GC. from what i can tell no need to spend $250 it's spend $175 and get $250 in goods free shipping. Maybe I'm wrong but that's what i think. All glass cracks and brakes that's why I can't spend over 70 I want a mini tube from SSFG "Thanks to this thread" or a mini Silika. If and when I do ever spend 200 I'll buy a Jet sub Zero waterpipe it's shatter proof won't crack made in the US and will accept any 14mm add on, guaranteed for life. I'm not really sure what part is guaranteed for life but I've seen people drop it from 2ed floor on a driveway and it was fine. So yeah I wanted the 10 arm Saxo about a year ago but I did not buy it. I just kept reading reviews if your in the US why buy from the EU for the same price. Also why buy from China for half the price. Thanks to this thread and lots of research I will not be buying anything from GC. or any of the other weed*tar sites. I look at it like this the cheep china bubbler is 28 weed*tar payday shipped to my door is 54 or an HVY is 58 Silika and SSFG for around 70. Please come back at me if you disagree in any way most of all you glass snobs.

Definitely go with the HVY or SSFG over Silika. I own both, though I favour my SSFG travel tube.

FrogBoy138

Definitely go with the HVY or SSFG over Silika. I own both, though I favour my SSFG travel tube.
Thanks so much King I was about to make the wrong move and buy the Silika over the SSFG because it's 4" taller also I don't like the joint on the HVY so I now know unless I see something crazy on the classifieds I'm going to get something from SSFG.

FrogBoy138,
Thanks so much King I was about to make the wrong move and buy the Silika over the SSFG because it's 4" taller also I don't like the joint on the HVY so I now know unless I see something crazy on the classifieds I'm going to get something from SSFG.

If you do want taller from SSFG, ask. Sometimes they have different sizes in stock. I specifically wanted a smaller beaker than they had listed and they were able to work it out for me.

I'm on the fence on HVY-style joints. I like that with the downstem removed, there's nothing sticking out to get knocked. But I've also seen them ground at awkward angles. I also feel like it's prone to chipping. Mine has a chip in the exact same place as Tstat's, and many others I've seen in videos/photos.

Newer HVY are also thicker than SSFG, if that matters to you.

kingofnull,

natural farmer

Saying that quality glass is a luxury item is silly. The price difference between inferior quality Chinese glass and superior quality American or European glass is not that wide. There are even glassblowers catering to this forum specifically with great people making great glass.

You vote with your money. Do you want to vote for Chinese glass?

Saying it's silly with the only argument being that the quality is superior makes me think you haven't even read what I said... :( And of course the price difference when we talk about equivalent pieces (diffusion wise, size wise etc) is not negligible. Maybe not for a fat American or European pocket but for my personal usually empty one it is... And the fact that Americans and Europeans usually vote FOR the money and not WITH their money like I do with Chinese glass, could very well be a major factor for my empty pockets so spare me with the vote stuff!

natural farmer,

that herb guy

I think this convo is best left as 'chinese glass is controversial, but a realistic opportunity for your intro smokers to purchase low cost glass' and leave it at that. It's worth discussion, but not here.

That said, I took advantage of GC sales (along with some other goodies) and picked up http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/blac...rc-precooler-recessed-joint.html#.UNLYfnfe_cg along with a J-hook. I also got some custom downstems and an expander for a different bubbler. I figure worse case scenario, this ends up as a pretty decent A/C for my combustion pipe.

natural farmer

I think this convo is best left as 'chinese glass is controversial, but a realistic opportunity for your intro smokers to purchase low cost glass' and leave it at that. It's worth discussion, but not here.

That said, I took advantage of GC sales (along with some other goodies) and picked up http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/blac...rc-precooler-recessed-joint.html#.UNLYfnfe_cg along with a J-hook. I also got some custom downstems and an expander for a different bubbler. I figure worse case scenario, this ends up as a pretty decent A/C for my combustion pipe.

Agreed, even though I would close it like this: "ANY cheap product is controversial but as it's a fucking capitalists world for the moment, let's leave those "few" poor bastards (and not intro smokers), without a deep pocket (out of choice for some), enjoy what they can with what they can afford..." :cheers:

natural farmer,

JSteez4205

aka Gordon NugzB
this piece is my new fav- :rockon

Sweet. I ordered the same piece a few weeks ago with the same 25%discount as a Christmas present to myself. Probably wont be here till after Christmas though. Oh well. I really wanted a tree perc, my only other one is my single combusting piece for my friends, glad to hear you like yours.

Here's a pic of a bubbler I found you can customize with 2colors and frit work with a GonG WPA for $100. It's on 7thFloor's website under the Elev8 Glass section. Add marbling to glass for $20 more. Just for frit work 100$ bubbler is good. And it's USA made in Colorado. Have Never Personally tried to be able to fully endorse though.

JSteez4205,

FrogBoy138

Sweet. I ordered the same piece a few weeks ago with the same 25%discount as a Christmas present to myself. Probably wont be here till after Christmas though. Oh well. I really wanted a tree perc, my only other one is my single combusting piece for my friends, glad to hear you like yours.

Here's a pic of a bubbler I found you can customize with 2colors and frit work with a GonG WPA for $100. It's on 7thFloor's website under the Elev8 Glass section. Add marbling to glass for $20 more. Just for frit work 100$ bubbler is good. And it's USA made in Colorado. Have Never Personally tried to be able to fully endorse though.

I really like the inline Bubbler you guys got I've been wanting it for a long time. It looks like it's built like a tank. I'm just stuck on wanting ice. I don't think I'll ever really use water for vapors but ice dose sound good.

FrogBoy138,

placetime

I love the way those bubblers look, but I've never seen any vids or reviews of them. They used to have several different versions on the website that were all slightly different shapes/sizes/colors. Cool stuff, imho. Have you been able to find any more info/reviews anywhere?
:peace:

placetime,
Top Bottom