1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Cheap, high-quality bubbler??

Discussion in 'Glass' started by Bleezy, Mar 3, 2012.

1. makisupacurtain

makisupacurtain Well-Known Member

2. Tweak

Tweak T\/\/34|<

momatik likes this.
  3. sunsett70

sunsett70 Active Member

i'm looking for one with a 14mm gong, goes so well with the Lotus water adapter.

4. sunsett70

sunsett70 Active Member

@gammy
    [​IMG]

i can't believe i was deciding between 3 of the same glass pieces as you. but i'm going for this one too. i think i can use the tube as an ice catcher, would be nice, and at 25% of the normal price. nice!

p/s - apologies mod, i can't find the edit button to join the post.

Gammy likes this.
  5. placetime

placetime Well-Known Member

6. charliedontsurf

charliedontsurf Glassblower

I just got a 10 arm saxo in a trade, and it's a nice enough piece. However, the "arm" portion is made from somewhat thin glass and by no means screams "sturdy." The flattened portion beneath the connecting weld is especially thin. Also, without the big-ass rondel (foot) that the 10-arm Saxo has, the form will of course not be as immune from tipping over.

If I were paying cash, then I'd consider waiting for a good American piece with similar specs for just a bit more. There are some great deals on bubblers in this thread, and even being offered to members of this forum specifically. Some of the stuff from glassblowers direct looks pretty amazing for under 150$.

MrNorml and Bob Loblaw like this.
  7. Tweak

Tweak T\/\/34|<

This^^^^ I highly highly recommend a bubbler with a base. The BL showerhead is top heavy and easy to tip over with a bottom width of only 2.6 inches.

sunsett70 and BigDaddyVapor like this.
  8. sunsett70

sunsett70 Active Member

@charliedontsurf
    thanks for the advice, the comment about the arm portion is making me think twice. and the 10arm saxo looks nice (and sturdy esp with the broad bottom thingy) just that it seems a bit big, a lot of air to take in! american glass, oh my my, trouble is international shipping is a killer. the last time i bought a silika showerhead for usd120, postage cost me 'bout usd40!!!! maybe i'll just wait for a mobius, that's supposed to be my 'final' glass purchase :)

Bob Loblaw likes this.
  9. BigDaddyVapor

BigDaddyVapor @BigDogJunction

I believe dimensions are the same. Only difference is the base, I believe. However, I could be wrong. Never really looked too much into. Just know, I wanted the base.

sunsett70 likes this.
  10. PAZ

PAZ Well-Known Member

Just wondering, would all of these work with the Inhalater (XP) GonG attachment? I don't really know much as i'm new to this scene. Definitely in the price range i'm looking for though.

11. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Only the HVY is GonG on that list.

PAZ and natural farmer like this.
  12. PAZ

PAZ Well-Known Member

And it's out of stock I just noticed.

Does anyone have any recommendations on a small bong/bubbler that would work with the Inhalater? I'm looking for one that's less than 50 cm tall and not that expensive (less than $60)

13. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

14. MrNorml

MrNorml Well-Known Member

I must admit they look like the price. Consider popping more for a better piece of glass. The Glassblowerdirect thread here on FC has 2 glass pieces (1 200 bux, 1 lots less) and I know the quality of the $200 is good and therefore surmise the cheaper one is also good quality. What I'm trying to say is that cheap pipes are cheap and tend to break (although that ALT piece mentioned on this thread looks to be very good at like $80) and you may wish you had popped for the quality. Like cars, the Yugo was cheap. And you may find out why they are 1/2 the price of better glasswares.

Too bad the downstem isn't attached to the bottom, making it much more prone to break IMHO.

15. stinac

stinac Well-Known Member

I use Flexible Gel Ice Pack in that tube
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Thermos...velTickets_Accessories_RL&hash=item5ae5f98d37

sunsett70 and natural farmer like this.
  16. natural farmer

natural farmer god is in the neurons...

17. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

I'm guessing in the mouthpiece.

18. Adobewan

Adobewan Well-Known Member

Anyone know how to take advantage of GrassCity's 25% off discount?

19. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

gccb12

Not sure if it's still active.

20. sunsett70

sunsett70 Active Member

21. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Cheaper? More importantly: safer to use in glass!

22. sunsett70

sunsett70 Active Member

i think they use non-toxic gel or something that freezes. but even for the pack, i have read the reviews in amazon where it has leaked, so some care is also needed.

as soon as i wrote the above, it came to me. yes yes, no fear of dropping it into the glass and breaking something!

23. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

Aye, no risk of breaking the glass. I'm sure the packs are safe to use, are they not intended to keep food cold?

24. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

You should not put those packs directly on food IMO. I have used them for my lunch in the past and always had it separated by something. I have had them leak and I wouldn't believe they are non toxic and I don't even usually care about things like that. Just be careful and if any signs of wearing out toss them.

kingofnull likes this.
  25. kingofnull

kingofnull ace

True, and I'd do the same. I would never put a sandwich directly on one of those :lol:. If I had an apple, I probably wouldn't wrap it. But now that I think about leaks, I think I'll wrap/bag everything/

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors