Cheap High Quality Bubbler

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
My offer of $24 without the bowl was accepted. Anyone try $23?
glass-five-tree-percolator-full-set-water-tube-14-5mm-6ebb.jpg
Mine arrived. I'll take pic or a vid later. Not bad- 12 days. And it basically works, although the slits hardly fire at all- they're very thin and not flame polished at all. I really don't see that as an issue though- the 5 open stems seem to give enough diffusion- it's a pretty small piece. Otherwise the quality isn't all that bad. Phallic mouthpiece though.

WatTyler,
Reactions: placetime

BlownUp

Unapproved commercial account.
Wonder how well this one works? Wish there was a higher quality photo than that. It doesn't look like the disc diffusers I've been seeing lately. Some interesting glass there though, would love to see some of them in action.

This has turned out to be one great thread. We need to gather the links and make it a sticky, :D

They added a video of this bubbler:
http://smokinjs.com/store/content/9/Videos/

SD_haze

:lol: Awaiting video................ :rockon:

I also found this little guy thanks to Abysmal Vapor's 4aceswholesale link.

For only $25

Is the downstem and bowl fused together? And is it really a RooR water pipe?

Cant tell if they're 100% fused, but that is not a ROOR, it's a counterfeit technically.

SD_haze,

collegerower

Watyler

I look forward to seeing a video of it in action. Mine is just leaving china now.

collegerower,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I haven't any idea where my tree perc is and I ordered before Wat, I'm pretty sure.

Though, mine has to travel the Pacific.

BigDaddyVapor,
Some of those pieces on Smoking J's look pretty awesome for their price given that it's all American glass.

And this guy just looks cool for 100 bucks
TorchBub.jpg
I think Wat or someone else posted it earlier. At 7 inches tall it might be the smaller second piece some people are looking for. It looks to be a 14mm joint though, which can limit your options.

In response to that obvious RooR ripoff minibong, the bowl is fused to the downstem, so it'll be useless for vaping unless you have another downstem.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I think i am the originally one shared them :). Anyway i wanted to add that for me the 4 hole diffusion dome is perfect for vaporization.. not too much not too little :). I have doubts on the cleaning easiness.. because of the narrow mouthpiece but.. it can be done for sure . I have experience mostly with that kind of dome perc in my short glass history.. and i am very happy about it :).

Abysmal Vapor,
Sorry Abysmal, cheers to you for showing us Smoking J's, their prices look attractive and some of their glass is very unique.

Maybe I'm being optimistic, but I wouldn't worry one tizzle about cleaning that mouthpiece. I think there'd be enough space for iso+salt to do its magic, and it won't get all that dirty anyway, it's not like anyone on this forum intends to smoke out of it anyway.

If I had money coming out of my ears I'd probably order the little guy, I really like the look of it.

charliedontsurf,
Reactions: placetime

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
I like some of them but my eyes focused on this bubbler :).
$94.00
Custom%20Creations%20Science%20Burb%20Quadstem.JPG

I really liked this design but wasn't sure about the quality. After some digging I found that Custom Creations are produced in the USA, but as one user states:

"The tubes are made in the US by poorly trained illegal mexicans using chinese borosilicate tubing.
The company is owned and operated by some kind of middle-easterners...pakistanis?"

I was kinda hoping that with its small size and at almost $100, this would be better glass. :(

I wonder what type of glass Smoking J's using?

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I come across Custom Creations ALL the time. Its the LHS/Tobacco Store go-to "brand name" glass. Well, those and "ROORs".

I've seen a lot of their pieces. They actually make some really nice stuff, even if that story is true. Only problem I've found, is the purchasers at the Tobacco Shops don't have a clue what to order and end up ordering freaky pieces, no one ever buys. The also mark them up considerably, in the shops to.

But again... its nice stuff. Better than 90% if not more, of this thread.

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well, after the fiasco with my tube and new inline perc (and it was tragic). Finding those two almost perfect matching pieces was a match made in cheap glass Heaven. After the tube broke, they traded me for a poorly made, pretty good operational scientific perc tube... but I didn't like using the inline with it. Yesterday, I finally broke down and bought an 11-arm "Krave Glass" tree ash/perc. Thing weighs a ton (thick and reinforced). Nothing was going to hold this up, except that scientific tube, with its massive base.

Today, I'm over at my father-in-laws, picking up one of my lights (too much drama going on over there and he's not licensed... to I brought my stuff back, need it anyway). He only combusts, so I'm smoking one of my rare bowls, when I notice the beaker I gave him is HUGE and perfect for that new perc.

I get home and start messing around, setting up pieces and its staring me in the face. I switched the inline to the beaker and the tree to the tube. Holy crap, did they turn out nice and the angles for the perc slides, is PERFECT. Both sit vertical. I think the two pieces... do the Broke Bastards Glass Consortium proud! I'm actually enjoying that crooked ass tube, with that 11-arm. Low drag and even with the air volume, its still easy to get a full rip. My $$$ HQ MiO is getting jealous. I think its going to take a Leviathan to wrest this tube out of my hands.

(excuse the dirty beaker... was combusted in for 3 months)

20120522_191514.jpg

20120522_191558.jpg

20120522_191808.jpg

Bleezy

Burn without Fire
Well, Bleezy... you created a monster. A thread that has branched off and influenced conversation and purchases all over this planet. I hope you've come to realize, its not always in a name, nor in the price. That seedling you planted, that also grew into a worldwide movement, the Broke Bastards Glass Consortium has turned into the teacher, enriching your life with oodles of goodies, in that sub-$100 and thereabout cheap range.

You're nowhere to be found, since April. Man... a legend in the making and like many of the great ones, gone... before his time. I wonder if he was 27 y/o? Would be fitting... another rock star taken from us, much to early.

I hope wherever you are, Bleezy... you are comforted by the warm embrace of good Karma.

Awww shucks!:luv:
You make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside hahaha

Top Bottom