Cheap High Quality Bubbler

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Nice, :cool:

You could build a light box/tent, I've always wanted to but never got around to it.

I wish some websites would put as much effort into producing some decent high res photos, :tup:
great link on the light box. got some up anyway since the sun cooperated. took lotsa shots
IMG_1270.JPG
IMG_1271.JPG
IMG_1272.JPG
IMG_1273.JPG
IMG_1274.JPG

IMG_1268.JPG

top is from large one, these are from small one

IMG_1275.JPG
IMG_1276.JPG
IMG_1277.JPG
IMG_1278.JPG
IMG_1281.JPG

Highlight

I'm liking this thread. About lotusglass.com, Jesse is the blowers name. Back in the late 90's you'd see his work at places like happypipes (long gone now). I never hear about him anymore, but I know he's pretty passionate about custom pieces and he has many years of experience, does repairs too.

Anyway, the thing I wanted to mention is that his bubblers hit so smooth. Something about the narrow curvature, size, and of course the sherlock mouthpiece. If I can get a custom one with a fritted down stem and heady marbles I'm going to be one happy, nostalgic man.. just waiting on an email.

Highlight,
Reactions: placetime

Zangano Cruel

IG zan.cru (code) zancru (5% NV checkout discount)
thanks abysmal...I love both the triple showerhead and the triple disc. I am so tempted by the smoknj's triple disc...you guys think it looks like quality?
Hi there. I went to Smokin J's and NVS in a bubbler tour the other day :)
NVS for the infamous DG Fritted Disc Perc, quite cool BTW, you can check my opinion in that thread. Very nice piece indeed.
My glass experience is pretty new, but that don't mean I can't learn very fast. I have the most conventional perrs at home (inline,showerheads, arm trees and so on) all Black Leaf from grasscity, IMO it does the job for the cheap and helped me understand different kinds of percs without bleeding my pocket :)
At Smokin J's I test/try all those bubblers you guys talked about, that's why I went there, I need to see by myself to believe.
I tried 4 bubblers, the 7" Tall Scientific Dome Bubbler, both the 1 and 3 disc Diffuser Sherlock Bubblers and finally my favorite, Sherlock Bubbler with Showerhead Diffuser, all of them stack bubbles like crazy, but the purr of the shower head is unbeatable, I really wish all the cans were taller, because those babies are really serious business. Something very similar would be iLoveBoobs new bubbler, the Liquid one, in comparison.
Quality wise, glass is thick enough and heavy, not so many noticeable imperfections, glass is smoother and shinier than my Black Leaf stuff.
The one and triple discs are chuggier than the showerhead IMO, but all of them are bubble machines so far. The 7" one, is ok, but I don't like the shape and style of the mouthpiece. IMO you can't go wrong for the money. Good luck, and I hope it helps decisions and the thread :)

sunsett70

Guys, from Gonzo's recommendation, i got these simple showerheads. i am a noob so my opinion is relative but i think for simple bubblers they are really cool, and easy to clean

the bigger one is a cb47 (usd113), the smaller one cb49 (usd50). i got it from outside USA though so shipping is a killer! if anyone is interested, the company is www.boroworx.com

sunsett70,

Zangano Cruel

Done!!!! Broke my 2nd ash catcher in 2 weeks. The shower head in the mouthpiece joint. The inline on the ground joint. Very bad luck!!! But sun is shining, weather is sweet. Going bubbler hunting. Later!!!

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
Done!!!! Broke my 2nd ash catcher in 2 weeks. The shower head in the mouthpiece joint. The inline on the ground joint. Very bad luck!!! But sun is shining, weather is sweet. Going bubbler hunting. Later!!!
sorry to hear of ur bad luck! let us know what ya get!

Bob Loblaw,

Zangano Cruel

^^^^^ Same one as SmokinJ's place and video, but I got it from the Third Eye, IMO for less than $150
it was a really good deal. Still testing it and will review later. Editing and uploading to youtube takes longer than expected. Sorry. Shiny smooth glassy heavy to handle feel on it :) I like to call it
"La Cloaca con Pedos Lluviosos" (A Sharded Sewer Farter) because of the noise when bubbling, the fart/noise/bubbling in glass part comes from the dome top can and 4holed triple honeycomb discs. The sewer noise comes from the water coming down through those discs again :)
Depending on your draw speed you can get a high end purr, like a geyser, or slow bubble/soft airy straight chuggle,reminds me slow boiling chocolate. The person at the Third Eye was really patience and kind. He let me water test several pieces before testing the S.M bubbler. Finally knowing my budget and knowing what I wanted, I compared water tests. IMO for the money and quality/performance is very high end. I tested a fritted, some double shower heads and so on, and this one I got is up to their standards, maybe not geometrically/symetricaly perfect but that what make it unique.
Height, 14" top of flared mouthpiece, was kind of an issue at the beginning but now is ok. I'd prefer a sidecar mouthpiece, I like to see bubbles action. I use my Solo on it, through a Y 14mm adapter. When in use alone, a glass 14mm stopper play as a carb. Not need to remove the Solo :) , 2xSolos just carb removing one instead of the Y. More videos to come. I posted some stem mods at the Solo forum.

Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
^^^^^ Same one as SmokinJ's place and video, but I got it from the Third Eye, IMO for less than $150
it was a really good deal. Still testing it and will review later. Editing and uploading to youtube takes longer than expected. Sorry. Shiny smooth glassy heavy to handle feel on it :) I like to call it
"La Cloaca con Pedos Lluviosos" (A Sharded Sewer Farter) because of the noise when bubbling, the fart/noise/bubbling in glass part comes from the dome top can and 4holed triple honeycomb discs. The sewer noise comes from the water coming down through those discs again :)
Depending on your draw speed you can get a high end purr, like a geyser, or slow bubble/soft airy straight chuggle,reminds me slow boiling chocolate. The person at the Third Eye was really patience and kind. He let me water test several pieces before testing the S.M bubbler. Finally knowing my budget and knowing what I wanted, I compared water tests. IMO for the money and quality/performance is very high end. I tested a fritted, some double shower heads and so on, and this one I got is up to their standards, maybe not geometrically/symetricaly perfect but that what make it unique.
Height, 14" top of flared mouthpiece, was kind of an issue at the beginning but now is ok. I'd prefer a sidecar mouthpiece, I like to see bubbles action. I use my Solo on it, through a Y 14mm adapter. When in use alone, a glass 14mm stopper play as a carb. Not need to remove the Solo :) , 2xSolos just carb removing one instead of the Y. More videos to come. I posted some stem mods at the Solo forum.
that sucker looks nice. i've had my eye on that one as well. does 3rd eye have website? i assume they are in cali?

Bob Loblaw,

Zangano Cruel

On face book Third Eye Shop or Shoppe , something like this. Many NW retailers carry them, I think Scott Moan lives in Bend, OR.

Zangano Cruel,
Reactions: Bob Loblaw

Bob Loblaw

Astralnaut
third eye in portland? if so, i gotcha. i usually go to nomad's down the street. all good info.
should be able to track him down, thanks! and that video looks great, btw!

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
Has anyone used this peice from gorilla glass before.

10" Glass on Glass
Water Piece.
with icecatcher

Beaker base.
CGG-1B-1

$29.00
With 19mil glass on glass
diffuser and bowl.

Its downstem angle looks a bit f-ed up , but its cheap. Also how is the ordering process with gorillas?

Ratm22,

Zangano Cruel

I uploaded a video in the Solo thread with my new Cheap, high-quality bubbler....
There are some GonG stem mods as well, 50% at least more airflow IMO...
Check it out Arizer Solo

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I uploaded a video in the Solo thread with my new Cheap, high-quality bubbler....
There are some GonG stem mods as well, 50% at least more airflow IMO...
Check it out Arizer Solo

Love the perc action on that piece. Glad you posted that. Had been looking at several of those pieces (for when I hit the lottery or some unknown rich uncle dies)... but glad to see they get that kind of quality bubblage, for the prices you can get them at.

BigDaddyVapor,

Makai

I'm going to buy a bubbler soon, but I'm not sure which one I should buy. Never had a bubbler before and smoked my last bong over 10 years ago.

Which one of these 2 will filter the vapor better and add more humidity (create more bubbles I suppose)? And which one will have less drag? 8 arm perc or 12 slit inline? I'm a joint smoker, so I prefer little drag. I don't want it to feel like I suck on a bong.

http://verdampftnochmal.de/products...apter/black-leaf-sunny-afternoon-bubbler.html
http://verdampftnochmal.de/products...rizer-adapter/black-leaf-octopus-bubbler.html

Makai,

Ratm22

Cloud Transcender
The octo looks like it would be more purification. Evenly distributed arms. I think the drag is less than the inline too.
I wanna octo now. Hmm who has them in the U.S.

Ratm22,

Zangano Cruel

I'm going to buy a bubbler soon, but I'm not sure which one I should buy. Never had a bubbler before and smoked my last bong over 10 years ago.

Which one of these 2 will filter the vapor better and add more humidity (create more bubbles I suppose)? And which one will have less drag? 8 arm perc or 12 slit inline? I'm a joint smoker, so I prefer little drag. I don't want it to feel like I suck on a bong.

http://verdampftnochmal.de/products...apter/black-leaf-sunny-afternoon-bubbler.html
http://verdampftnochmal.de/products...rizer-adapter/black-leaf-octopus-bubbler.html
I bought Black Leaf stuff before from Grasscity. Many ashcatchers, a 7 slit inline, a 12 slit shower head and an 2slitsx 8 arm tree ashcatcher, all used with a J hook. They worked great. But you need to be really careful. They tend to have little imperfections and be a little fragile. Do not get me wrong, I love them. For the money they make a big deal. IMO the inline bubbler, after testing several times a day :) performed better. I tend to draw strong, and sometimes I got splash back from the 8 arm tree. The slits on the arm tree tend to be a little high, so water level needs to be above them, at least in my Black Leaf arm tree. On the other hand, the drag is a little bit chuggier than the inline.
IMO the inline, mine with 7 slits, worked awesome. But I kicked and broke it, was standing in a tile floor :(
The inline was sitting so low in the can that is impossible you get splash back.
On the other hand, the drag is more of a purr kind of. Very soft and likely, almost not there. Good luck and enjoy Bubbler hunting. I posted some videos of my new mods and bubbler, check it out.
BTW, the slits on that inline bubbler are facing down, so my guess is that you'll never get splash back there.
I like to see bubble action, so my preference would be the lean back inline bubbler mouthpiece, more comfy to bubble sitting in couch, laying in bed and so on, meanwhile watch your bubbles at the same time. Enjoy.

Zangano Cruel,

Zangano Cruel

The octo looks like it would be more purification. Evenly distributed arms. I think the drag is less than the inline too.
I wanna octo now. Hmm who has them in the U.S.
Planet vape at Canada

Zangano Cruel,

tepictoton

anyone has any idea where i could get a glass 'j hook' in Europe? I was actually thinking of making a small bubbler myself with these blackleaf showerhead ones..they even have a recessed joint. But I cannot seem to find a glass mouthpiece for it...

tepictoton,

Makai

Thanks for the infos. I think I will buy the inline bubbler, because it probably fits my consuming preference better (softer drag, usually on a sofa or easy chair).

But you need to be really careful. They tend to have little imperfections and be a little fragile. Do not get me wrong, I love them.

Yea, I already expected something like that when reading the comments of people about Black Leaf and China glass. It's just the chinese way of making money. Offer stuff very cheap at lower quality, and often also make sure it breaks sooner or later, so the customer comes back and buys their latest product.

Anyway, for that price it's ok. It's more for testing anyway. I hope this helps me to enjoy vaping a little more. Because my airways react quite sensitive to vapor... I suppose it would be easier for my body if the vapor was more humid and well filtered.

Any idea if hot water will kill the bubbler? Because that's what I use right now to make the vapor in my shitty acryl waterfilter more humid.

Top Bottom