Cheap High Quality Bubbler

SD_haze

what do you glass experts think of this one? It has fucktons of diffusion, but I don't know if it is done right.

http://www.bongoutlet.ca/inline-fin....html?osCsid=803117549555a2cc5d6742a491a105ad

If you don't already have a bong/bubbler, I wouldn't advise your only vapor-bong piece to be a double-perc. However, if you already have a small bub/bong, I'd say its a good value choice for maximizing diffusion.

With a double perc like that, filling/emptying the water is a real hassel, cleaning is much much trickier, and breakage chance is higher.

It definitely has a small volume so that's a big plus for it having that much diffusion.

The #1 specific negative that pops out at me though is the base doesn't look very stable. All the water will make it heavier and harder to knock over, but thats still a pretty small diameter base. One bad tip over and you can kiss those tree percs goodbye (possibly)

All that being said, all those 5/5 star reviews make me want to say :tup: fo sho

SD_haze,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I have one of them :D
It's pretty cool.
It has a decent amount of drag though. (nothing that makes it a deal breaker though.)

Also, the online has downcut slits, and an open end, so it doesn't entirely function all the time.
I think I have a vid of it up in the bubbler bonanza thread.
There are a few pics of it too.

Edit:
It's not too hard to empty, I just turn it upside down, and blow through the downstem part.
That forces most o the water out pretty quickly.
It is a bit difficult to clean, but no moreso than any other triple chamber piece.

I've never noticed the base to be particularly unstable.
It cant sit there with a solo on it, but it should still stand after a light bump. It's not like this thing is gonna spontaneously stage dive :lol: (that weedstar double showerhead on the other hand... :lol:)

Filling it is real easy.
I put water to essentially fill the bottom chamber, then give a nice stiff pull and the water will bubble up and into the trees :tup:

Frederick McGuire,
My friend bought a virtually identical piece for about 150 from a shop that had absolutely nothing but Chinese glass up in Seattle. The tree percs were fine, but the inline had an open ended tube with a huge hole, and so instead of firing correctly through the slits it just chugged away through the end, completely ruining the diffusion. It's hard to see from the photos if this has the same open inline design, but if it does, I'd stay well clear. The open tube murdered an otherwise usable piece in this case.

charliedontsurf,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I got mine from bongoutlet.ca (the same place that was linked back a few posts ago)
This one has the open end (unless theyve changed since I got mine (not likely).

Frederick McGuire,
To be fair, my estimation of the open end ruining the diffusion might be overkill. Fred, you have tons of glass and if it's good with you, it must be kosher. There may be differences unit to unit which while seemingly slight might change the pull dramatically as well.

charliedontsurf,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Don't get me wrong, the open end is stupid on the inline, whoever designed that should be slapped with a wet trout :lol:
But the trees function well, and you can get the inline to fire better by tilting the piece (which sill lets the trees function perfectly.)
There are better pieces out there, but it still has a place in my lineup (and it wows glass noobs like you wouldn't believe :lol:)

And I actually don't mind the glug that the open end gives, but it basically negates the inline...

Basically, if it was a $300 piece from a reputable American blower, I'd say it's stupid and no-one should buy it, but at that price, it's nice to have as a 2nd (or 3rd, or 14th :lol:) piece.

Also, i should say that mine came with a few little flea ties on the joint, an I didn't think it was worth it to ship it back for a replacement, but they have a 1 week return policy or something to that effect for goods damaged in transit.

Frederick McGuire,

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Hey Guys I was given the task to find a bubbler under 30 $ for a friend to mate with his future UD ! :) !I was aiming at those bubbler hammers that were posted in the thread but then tripped on this piece. I told the seller i don't need the bowl and he said he can do 25 $ shipped to Bulgaria.. LOL.. I will let you know of the quality once it arrives.. but i can imagine it will take 3-4 weeks at least with airmail :).
glass-five-tree-percolator-full-set-water-tube-14-5mm-6ebb.jpg

http://www.ioffer.com/i/glass-five-tree-percolator-full-set-water-tube-14-5mm-511764764
He has other affordable items like nice worked inline and ashcatchers like the bub above :).

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
On the above double bubbler, it would appear from this photo to be a closed end... though its not definitive. There isn't squaring off, that I can see, that would be a dead giveaway. If that's the case... I'd like to see how this piece could perform. 12, deep and thorough cuts, from appearances.

Slitted end percs on the trees also.

391206.jpg

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Hey Guys I was given the task to find a bubbler under 30 $ for a friend to mate with his future UD ! :) !I was aiming at those bubbler hammers that were posted in the thread but then tripped on this piece. I told the seller i don't need the bowl and he said he can do 25 $ shipped to Bulgaria.. LOL.. I will let you know of the quality once it arrives.. but i can imagine it will take 3-4 weeks at least with airmail :).

http://www.ioffer.com/i/glass-five-tree-percolator-full-set-water-tube-14-5mm-511764764
He has other affordable items like nice worked inline and ashcatchers like the bub above :).

Haha. Thanks for the link, my friend. I just bought this. I've honestly been looking all night, for this exact perc (though the number of arms was negotiable). So, I asked the seller a question, she immediately answered and then just dropped the price $1.50, so $19.00 shipped. http://www.ioffer.com/i/14-5-mm-five-arm-transparent-percolator-ash-catcher-502060232

She's got those "RooR" downstems to. Take my word for it... for the price, they are a STEAL. Her's are closed end, it looks like. Mine's a small open end... but still fires/stacks from top to bottom, in succession. Very nice function. $14.50 is a steal. Too bad, the limited lengths (one).

BigDaddyVapor,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
The pics looked closed-end when I looked at them, and when I went back to look at them when I got it and realized it had an open-end...

Here are some pics I just snapped of my one:

They may have changed the design though?

Frederick McGuire,

natural farmer

I fall in love with this little guy! Next glass piece for sure! :p

natural farmer,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
That makes sense. Wonder how do you request a 18mm piece? Once you order?

Tweak,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
That makes sense. Wonder how do you request a 18mm piece? Once you order?

You can ask a question, before you order. I specifically asked her, about the ash catcher I order, because it was listed a 14.5mm, the picture should 14.5mm, yet the description said 18.8mm. She answered right away, that it is indeed. 14.5mm. I know a LOT of her pieces, she has in both sizes. However, I don't think that bubbler is one of them. You would probably have to buy and upconvert.

Once I completed my order, I explained my situation and asked if she would be so kind, to find me one with the longest and straightest perc stems. You can communicate with them, prior and after the sale. The guy that I bought my showerhead from, wrote me this morning asking me what length I wanted and he's going to make it tomorrow. Just have to watch out for the people selling the Chinese stuff, as if its name brand $$$. Though, I must say... just in the past 6 months or so, I have seen a drastic and most notable improvement, in not only the quality of manufacturing... but better design to (such as closed-end and slitted percs, that instead of wide-open tubes, with worthless slits actually function and look the way they're supposed to)

collegerower

I really like the looks/cost of this little guy. I think this might have to be my next buy. Although I would love to read a review from someone around here first. But for $25 shipped it might be worth the risk. I dont want it to go out of stock forever... things seem to come and go with china glass...

My next piece was going to be a zap bubbler but this might take its place for a bit.

collegerower,

sunsett70

u can find this bubbler in 14 or 18mm. and the person replied that tubes are open end. would that change anybody's mind about a purchase? would love to see a review.
also to color the tubes, anybody knows whether the process is safe?

sunsett70,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Nope, I've got a kind of similar Blaze glass 10 arm tree with open ends, and the slits fire fine.

No idea about the colouring process, but it's the same stuff as is sold by head shops everywhere and I've never really heard of any glass based health concerns.

SD_haze

u can find this bubbler in 14 or 18mm. and the person replied that tubes are open end. would that change anybody's mind about a purchase? would love to see a review.
also to color the tubes, anybody knows whether the process is safe?

The only concern with colored glass is, if there's a single colored section, and the rest is clear glass, the colored section tends to be thinner/weaker glass. This isn't a rule, just a tendency.

(The blower will outsource the colored piece and blow the rest of it in house, then attach it)

Top Bottom