Cheap High Quality Bubbler

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Its 9" to the tip of the mouthpiece. For $40, its a Hell of a performer. I've dropped all kinds $$$ on extra percs and such trying to bring my beaker to the same level of likeability. Always kept going back to this piece, eventually. Percolation could be better, but the cuts are clean and equal lengths. Durability is pretty good. Not 5mm stuff, but its definitely solid (size and the shape help). Very little drag, not on par with my MiO... but I can't expect that (also have to take into account drag from 2' whip). What you might want to try, to improve the experience, is seed beads (though they do add a bit of drag).

Here's the one and only video I made of it. You can see, my particular one pulls percolation to one side, on the light pull, but can rip some HUGE vapor hits and percs nice on the clear.

If you can hold out, I'd save up for that $135 Liquid Sci Glass bubbler, however. Though, that's easier said than done, my friend.

Hope that helps out with your questions/concerns.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: sunsett70

sunsett70

thanks, man. and u mean this? usd135 bubbler http://www.usglobalimports.com/product_p/wp-lbb.htm

it looks very very nice too but compared to the usd40, i don't think i would feel too good spending 3x the cost. and being a glass noob, i'm not sure what the difference would be. I just want to get a not too big "decent" 18mm bubbler without me having to upgrade later (i hope not to get the 'glass-acquiring' disease that some here have :) )

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
That $135 piece looks nice, I personally think that Circs tend to stack better than trees (and i cant see it being anything but an upgrade over the $40 one [having said that, the $40 one is awesome value]) but I just want to point out that it's pretty big.
16' (I'm assuming to the top If the mouthpiece) is approx 4.5' taller than my möbius bubs, which are a pretty nice size IMO.
I'm afraid the only way I know of to avoid the glass bug is to not like glass...
Ready your wallet ;)

tepictoton

I just recieved my black leaf showerhead downstem (29/18mm, 18cm) and have attached it to my cheap, 22,95euros, narcotic bong and it works like a charm...bubbles like the really expansive ones I have seen and stacks bubbles like crazy...

I will see if I can manage to put some pics online later.

Now I'll be hooking up my solo and go of into space :freak:

tepictoton,
Reactions: ili

tepictoton

I also have a weedstar mentalist beaker, and although I love it and it looks really nice, the drag is so hard it just does not see much usage anymore...

The simple narcotic one, just straigth tube about 25cm, with the downstem does a much better job for getting ice clouds...

tepictoton,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Hey, interesting. Could you share exactly which mentalist beaker that is with the drag? I was looking at those myself some time ago, but this info is new to me.

OhTheAgony,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
Just an FYI, I don't have a WS mentalist beaker, the downstem I was talking about came with my WS double showerhead bubbler :brow:
It certainly isn't no-drag, but the drag isnt bad, especially for how well it stacks.

Edit:
I sent EDIT a support message earlier asking when they expect to get that bubbler back in stock, they said they arent sure, but it hasn't been discontinued, so they will have them in the future...

Search for
Weed Star 5mm Double Bubbler Bong - with Daisy Diffuser
on EDIT if you would like to take a look.

It hands down wins my pick for best value piece. (it's got 5mm glass, not the thickest, but it's still pretty sturdy.)
2 circs that stack like a mofo, for under $90...
:tup:

Frederick McGuire,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Cool, thanks :tup:

I actually considered that Narcotic bong too when I was just starting to use water-filtration, but I had just bought a few other affordable pieces that didn't work out at all and I was tired of spending more money on gambles so just went for some Ehle glass instead. It seemed a bit hard to clean as well btw. Good idea to try another downstem though. There's a picture of it with a regular downstem on H&N as well I just noticed, I wonder what that's all about, lol.

07272_01.jpg

OhTheAgony,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Cool, thanks :tup:

I actually considered that Narcotic bong too when I was just starting to use water-filtration, but I had just bought a few other affordable pieces that didn't work out at all and I was tired of spending more money on gambles so just went for some Ehle glass instead. It seemed a bit hard to clean as well btw. Good idea to try another downstem though. There's a picture of it with a regular downstem on H&N as well I just noticed, I wonder what that's all about, lol.

07272_01.jpg

That ^^^ is @#$%ing sweet!

What Ehle piece did you get? They're one of the other companies, I really like.

BigDaddyVapor,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Oh, this was more then a year ago. I first got a 500ml bend neck with ice notches, a carb hole and a diffused downstem, which I later sold with my SSV. When I got my Solo I bought a 250ml too, I still have that one, it's in my sign (click 'favs' for a picture). It is my daily driver and it's so nice to use that it kept me from buying something else so far. I really don't need another piece to be honest, I just want one :D

Here's the two of them together with my Solo when I still had both:

scaled.php

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, that one must be up in 3 or 4 threads now at least.

I almost felt I was spamming when posting it again just now ;)

OhTheAgony,

tepictoton

thats a different downstem from what you get with the narcotic. They deliver it with this spiral downstem. The top part of which is completely hollow, which resulted in it being broken on arrival:(

I then got a normal downstem and had to mount that on the broken piece, then got an adapter for my GonG adapter and made it work like that, resulting in a huge very scientific looking installation, with my solo on top it would measure almost 80centimeters high:p

The black leaf one is completely solid and has a recessed joint, making the whole thing a bit shorter again. Can't waith to get back home and have a nice session with my new toy:brow:

tepictoton,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
What you might want to try, to improve the experience, is seed beads (though they do add a bit of drag).

+1. I added some frosted glass aquarium gravel to mine and it works wonderful. I found though that there is less drag because the gravel displaces the water, so I now use less water than before. When I take a nice pull I can even see the bubbles reaching all the way to the edge of the glass.

Another plus is I chose blue gravel, so now it is much much easier to see the amount of vapor in the bubbler.

How often do you remove the beads to clean them?

Tweak,

tepictoton

about the gravel, does that not damage the glass?

I have never used these beads or gravel before so maybe I should check that out...

tepictoton,

natural farmer

took the plunge and ordered that 40 bucks bubbler from Pippe's Daddy too! I can't wait for it to come, and give me a headache on how to attach my solo... I need to make a PV order with a couple of stuff and the 18/14 reducer I need is out of stock... :( GonG adapter too...
I guess I'll have to do with some moist paper to keep it tight until the adapters come. Ghetto solutions Inc. baby! :lol:

natural farmer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Papier maché ftw, lol

They sell the reducers on ALT to, and you can probably find them at a nr. of headshops.

Picture of bong with new downstem and Solo for size reference when you get home Tepictoton?

OhTheAgony,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
took the plunge and ordered that 40 bucks bubbler from Pippe's Daddy too! I can't wait for it to come, and give me a headache on how to attach my solo... I need to make a PV order with a couple of stuff and the 18/14 reducer I need is out of stock... :( GonG adapter too...
I guess I'll have to do with some moist paper to keep it tight until the adapters come. Ghetto solutions Inc. baby! :lol:

The SSV tubing fits perfectly over the Solo stem. If you want, and you live in the US, I can send you some for free, since I bought a couple feet and used only and few inches.

f2j

Chaque jour est une chance
I've got the same problem these days, need a gong adapter but PV's out of stock. What I did is I ordered some tubing on their webstie, so that i'll use a piece of it between my solo stem and my 18mm joint. I bought 2 different diameters of tubing cause I was not sure about which one to use.
I hope it's gonna work to wait for the gong adapters and HE stems availability.

f2j,
Top Bottom