Cheap High Quality Bubbler

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Wait, is the SSV tubing thick enough to make a seal with an 18(.8)mm GonG as well? That would be awesome, I thought it would be to thin. I only have 14,4mm glass atm so I can't test this myself.

OhTheAgony,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
Wait, is the SSV tubing thick enough to make a seal with an 18(.8)mm GonG as well? That would be awesome, I thought it would be to thin. I only have 14,4mm glass atm so I can't test this myself.

I can try when I get home tonight - but that's in like 10 hours :/

sessnet,

natural farmer

i believe I 've read somewhere that the tube over the stem fits to a 18,8, just a little deeper than the ground part. Sessnet, sadly I am in Greece where the word headshop is alien, especially where I live. My father works in a clinic, can I ask for some medical grade tubing? What size should I look for best fit over the Solo stem?

natural farmer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
No rush Sessnet. It would be good to know anyways, but next week is fine too :tup:

Oh hey, didn't realize you're in Europe Ili:

Here you go.

And another one.

That guy on ebay sells the tubing separate too if you email him. I only have some used stuff left myself, doubt you want any of that, lol.

OhTheAgony,
Reactions: ili

natural farmer

thanx man! i'll check that youtube guy,but will wait for PV to stock everything to save some shipping costs... :)

natural farmer,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
What size should I look for best fit over the Solo stem?

I can try to measure the 7th floor tubing when I get home (ten hours or so, my apologies).

This is the "Replacement Hose" I have used over the original Solo Stems. It fits super tight. I have used it as a simple GONG adapter to 14mm.

LINK

I am betting the people in the SSV or DBV thread know the size by heart :)

Wait, is the SSV tubing thick enough to make a seal with an 18(.8)mm GonG as well?

Come to think of it - I think it fits in 14mm, so a bit too small for 18mm :/ But I will still try tonight.

sessnet,
Reactions: ili

natural farmer

This is the "Replacement Hose" I have used over the original Solo Stems. It fits super tight. I have used it as a simple GONG adapter to 14mm.
Come to think of it - I think it fits in 14mm, so a bit too small for 18mm :/ But I will still try tonight.

I thought the solo stem could fit directly to 14,4... :huh:

natural farmer,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Yeah, the Solo stems fit in a 14,4mm GonG connection (as well as the 7thfloor tubing btw), he was referring to the 7thfloor tubing there Ili.

I think the tubing size is 3/8 Sessnet, but I'm not that familiar with Imperial sizes & don't know if that's the inner- or outer diameter :bang:

OhTheAgony,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
I thought the solo stem could fit directly to 14,4... :huh:

I believe it will fit, but awkwardly. Since it's not tight, it can slip - if holding it.

A little strip of the tubing next to the mouthpiece of the Solo stem, however, can create a better non-slip connection.

sessnet,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
Ok, lets be more specific, lol. My old 2 hole Solo stems fits tight in my 14,4mm GonG connection. My newer 4 hole stems slip through but still mate well because I just push them against the downstem itself (right after the GonG connection).
I have tried it with a piece of tubing on the stems as well a couple of times,but I find this a little awkward myself because I'm used to the stem slipping in deeper and I kinda like the little bit of air-leakage you have without the tight seal you get with the tubing. It makes the draw-restriction of the Solo a little less noticeable I guess.

OhTheAgony,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
about the gravel, does that not damage the glass?

I have never used these beads or gravel before so maybe I should check that out...

I thought about that too. So I put the gravel in a glass jar and shook the heck out of it, didn't see any damage. After using it for a week, I've removed them and re-added it about 3 times now, and not a sign of a scratch. From the bit of reading I did, the glass gravel would have to be harder than the bubbler's glass, which I'm hoping is not the case, lol.

Some users suggest using them soft air pellet bb's instead of beads or gravel, but I wasn't sure how healthy that would be as they are plastic. RooR sells there own version of diffuser beads made out of glass, so I'm not too concerned about the glass gravel. I figured with aquarium gravel, if they are safe enough to use in a fish tank to not kill fish, then they should be fine for my intentions.

I will say this, the diffusion provided is nights and day to just plain water.

sessnet

Noob Saibot
OTA You are right, and I think it's tough to say if something will fit perfectly or not. Glass is never 100% the same. A lot of my connections fit deeper/less deep than others so I suppose it's up to the individual to decide how tight a connection they would like.

I guess that feeling itself may be what leads into a accumulation of glass and connections, like I ended up with :)

tepictoton

what I did before the GonG was using the piece of tubing used for shisha's for connecting the hose to the pipe. It fits snugly inside the 14mm female part and then it is easy to make a seal with the stem of the solo...

tepictoton,
Reactions: sessnet

stickstones

Vapor concierge
does that look like a decent starter bubbler to you? $40 is super cheap. Is it a 14mm? If so, have any of you seen a 14mm to 18mm adapter? I already have the reducer that goes the other way.

stickstones,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
does that look like a decent starter bubbler to you? $40 is super cheap. Is it a 14mm? If so, have any of you seen a 14mm to 18mm adapter? I already have the reducer that goes the other way.
I've seen one on ALT and other places, of course it's longer than the other way around, since they don't fit into each other.

EDIT: Here's one It seems to be extremely hard to find a low profile one

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
I've seen one on ALT and other places, of course it's longer than the other way around, since they don't fit into each other.

EDIT: Here's one It seems to be extremely hard to find a low profile one
What do you mean by "a low profile one"?
I know low profile in regards to the 18-14 reducer, since the 14mm femal can fit inside the 18mm male joint, but the 18mm female is never gonna fit inside the 14mm male, so I don't quite get how much lower profile you can get?

Frederick McGuire,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
What do you mean by "a low profile one"?
I know low profile in regards to the 18-14 reducer, since the 14mm femal can fit inside the 18mm male joint, but the 18mm female is never gonna fit inside the 14mm male, so I don't quite get how much lower profile you can get?

I haven't seen any low profile ones the other way... I guess it's not possible? And, if not, I guess we are saying the same thing :)

sessnet,

Frederick McGuire

Aggressively Loungey
OK, cool, I thought you meant you'd seen a low profile one before, but they were hard to find...
I was gonna jump all over google looking for one if they actually existed :lol:
:tup:

Frederick McGuire,
Reactions: sessnet

NewVape

What a guy!
So this thread has really encouraged me to shop around and do some research, and what did I find doing said research? I found that I live 17.9 miles or about 30 minutes away from High Priority Glass in Long Beach! So tomorrow (5/4) I will be taking a field trip down there. My criteria for shopping will be the same as this thread's, cheap but high quality. I will try to look at as many of the ones listed here that are there, and will post my feedback and pics of any purchases. :D

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Sometimes i just wish i was american. :D Nice NewVape, will be awaiting pics and feedbacks.

vorrange,

SD_haze

So this thread has really encouraged me to shop around and do some research, and what did I find doing said research? I found that I live 17.9 miles or about 30 minutes away from High Priority Glass in Long Beach! So tomorrow (5/4) I will be taking a field trip down there. My criteria for shopping will be the same as this thread's, cheap but high quality. I will try to look at as many of the ones listed here that are there, and will post my feedback and pics of any purchases. :D

Actually going to HPG gives a big advantage, usually they'll fill up a piece with water to show you how it percs first-hand.

Its too bad the gallery is gone tho. The new combined-shop doesn't have the crazy giant sculptures anymore.

SD_haze,
Top Bottom