CERA, the wait & gibberish thread

When will I get my CERA ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iamn3ko

Sllllooooowwwwlllllyyyy getting though them. I understand they are a small company and are moving as fast as they can.

If I could help I would.

I'm just jealous of all these people. I have everything I need for the Cera, but the darn thing.

But on the bright side for me at least, Nov 26th^ isn't too far from Dec 5th (my order).

...It'll ship next week. Fingers crossed.

2ndSight

Are the Dec. orders still being sent out , or have there orders made it to january?

Hey BLAZING OG. Apart from 1 or 2 anomalies, AFAIK they haven't started shipping the December orders yet. Some folks from Nov. 14th (TI) and Nov. 26th (SS) just got their shipping notices today i believe. The first report of a shipping notification for November orders was Jan 23rd i believe. So November orders have taken over a month to fulfill thus far, but things do seem to be speeding up a bit now that there seem to be sufficient parts.

Skeena

Standing stone faced like a statue.
If dropped on a surface from a height the Cera would risk shivering as it's made of ceramic?

It depends on the surface. Concrete is a no no. It is probably harder than most other surfaces just be careful of the height.

Skeena,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Skeena,

It depends on the surface. Concrete is a no no. It is probably harder than most other surfaces just be careful of the height.

I'm curious... Would you say the Thermovape ceramic happens to be "Hard but Brittle"?

Just like diamonds... M'well, i duno if i'd like to test that idea with diamonds and a hammer actually!

109.gif

In other words, it maybe as hard as steel and yet it will crack instead of absorbing the chock. Now is that making any sense?... But then i wonder because i recall seeing a video where the Cera was abused mechanically and violently, no?

:peace:

Egzoset,

Skeena

funny just as I am thinking how to reply I drop my cyclone bowl for the arizer pretty hard onto my wooden floor and it didn't break.

I think the ceramic is like a MUCH tougher glass.

Skeena,
Reactions: Egzoset

iamn3ko

So I'll post this in here, because I don't need it to be some big thing. I had asked in the other thread and got what I'm sure is a very detailed simple answer, but I just can't make sense of it. So all I would like is a yes or no please.

I understand that they changed the batteries, and these are no longer the recommended batteries, but will these still work? Even just as a back up...

Panasonic Hybrid/IMR CGR18650CH Button Top 2250mAh 3.7v
ifa2qv.jpg

Oh, also are we still getting 2 of the new 2900 unprotected batteries? Or are we back to one?

iamn3ko,

zGaW

AFAIK they were never unprotected in either the 2250 nor the 2900. The button-top is protection. It's a battery condom.

For the record: Ordered Nov 23rd, rec'ed Thurs Feb 21st. Have toured it around to 4 friends already, have at least 4 other visits planned. Everyone loves it and it's best solo but can easily rock 2 people and even managed to floor myself and two friends on 2 fully charged 2900's.

Still have my eye on those 3400's posted earlier...

zGaW,

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations IAmN3ko,
Hi again Skeena,
Salutations HomeCPWork,
Salutations zGaW,

...all I would like is a yes or no please. ...will these still work?

In my opinion that battery is reasonably safe as long as you take care not to exceed panasonic's recommended operating parameters (as they're the actual manufacturer!). But... Since you insisted over a "Yes"/"No" reply i'm forced to follow the mainstream and look elsewhere! All i can tell is that if i were to get a Cera-LL myself then it would 1st need to come with a protected battery considering the present context. Additionally, i'd certainly want to wait until the miniaturized version gets out anyway (my logic behind this: smaller bowl = faster pre-heating and hence a lesser risk of abuse by its owner).

At the moment i can only hope for such concerns to be nailed down solid...
105.gif

M'well, personally i don't feel ready for it. My appologies!

I think the ceramic is like a MUCH tougher glass.

Hummm... Perhaps i misinterpreted the video. It's possible that document was simply meant to illustrate the opinion that Thermovape's ceramic improves the chances of surviving a mechanical chock on occasions, not necessarily everytime it gets hit though, as there already been chipped Ceras reported after all! My guess is that this aspect will clarify after a few weeks of user reviews.

:zzz:

Haywood and OF covered that around page 50...

...they were never unprotected in either the 2250 nor the 2900.

Good, it could be useful to know about these details while searching, eventually...

Tweek

So I'll post this in here, because I don't need it to be some big thing. I had asked in the other thread and got what I'm sure is a very detailed simple answer, but I just can't make sense of it. So all I would like is a yes or no please.

I understand that they changed the batteries, and these are no longer the recommended batteries, but will these still work? Even just as a back up...

Panasonic Hybrid/IMR CGR18650CH Button Top 2250mAh 3.7v
ifa2qv.jpg

Oh, also are we still getting 2 of the new 2900 unprotected batteries? Or are we back to one?

Those will work very well. They are being discontinued though, which is why folks are looking for alternatives or snapping up what they can find. TET will send you one free if you ordered at least one 2900 battery during the preorder. Once they get the 2900 in stock it will be back to only one battery.

.... Additionally, i'd certainly want to wait until the miniaturized version gets out anyway (my logic behind this: smaller bowl = faster pre-heating and hence a lesser risk of abuse by its owner).

At the moment i can only hope for such concerns to be nailed down solid...
105.gif

You do realize the current Cera bowl is already pretty small, right? I could be wrong, but I am going to make the assumption that the bowl size won't be changing much for a mini version. I just couldn't see it shrinking down any further.

The current version isn't some ticking time bomb waiting to explode in a users hand. It is actually a very well engineered piece. If someone wants to abuse their vape, they will do it whether it is the mini version or not. There is only so much a company can do to prevent users from doing something foolish.

Egzoset

Banned
Salutations Tweek,

You do realize the current Cera bowl is already pretty small, right?

Right, but i didn't dare put it in writing publicly...

...I am going to make the assumption that the bowl size won't be changing much for a mini version.

With your photo on their wall of fame i'll say you may even know better than what we'll ever get!

:D

I just couldn't see it shrinking down any further.

Which is why with this physical configuration i'd insist over using a protected battery only.

Put otherwise, the scenery would change should there be a possibility for 2 batteries perhaps... :popcorn:

The current version isn't some ticking time bomb waiting to explode in a users hand.

It certainly wouldn't be one in mine, you can count on that.

It is actually a very well engineered piece.

Sorry, so far i consider this product is still in beta development. I may consider buying one when i'm convinced it's ready and that's my advice to anyone else who believes there's no rush. The thing is those batteries will be submitted to accelerated aging the way it looks, so i'm glad i can wait as many months as necessary (i'm simply satisfied with my HerbalAire at this very moment)!

axgn4n.gif

It's better i make no promises to the effect that once i've got my Plan-B set there's still going to be an incentive to pay attention much further. Also, i must remind myself that i wasn't meant to acquire a 2nd vaporizer when i entered this universe 2 years ago.

Nonetheless, what i would say about the Thermovape Cera-XX is this: yes, i'm impressed by what has transpired publicly so far - but for other reasons which you and i we probably happen to share!

:nod:

If someone wants to abuse their vape, they will do it whether it is the mini version or not.

I'd be able to disagree if a much smaller bowl were really possible and practical, as a result of the alledged situation i must agree but for different motives: they can hold the switch indefinitely with an unprotected battery inside indeed! Although i'm curious, it's still a bad idea for me so i won't suggest it to others neither. So it's nothing personal at all, i'm merely replying.

There is only so much a company can do to prevent users from doing something foolish.

If you're asking me then i'll point out an over-voltage/under-current module is good enough for e-cig products (and i yet have to browse hi-tech flashlight forums!)... If it's integrated into the metallic terminating part of a Cera-LL then i'd argue the customer won't even think of it when he changes his battery - an unprotected battery if he prefers since there would already be such protection in the Cera-LL itself anyway.

Can there be 2 sets of protection modules in series? Maybe that's a hint why the Cera-LL switch didn't come with one for starters. M'well, i sort of wonder so please tell me!

Egzoset,

Tweek

Salutations Tweek,

Right, but i didn't dare put it in writing publicly...

Why not? It's the truth and a feature users asked for.

With your photo on their wall of fame i'll say you may even know better than what we'll ever get!

:D

Not sure what this means? It was a fun joke by TET, not an invitation to insider information.

Which is why with this physical configuration i'd insist over using a protected battery only.

Put otherwise, the scenery would change should there be a possibility for 2 batteries perhaps... :popcorn:

It certainly wouldn't be one in mine, you can count on that.

You can use a protected battery...you will just suffer a performance loss. Your call, but the batteries they gave me can handle the power just fine.

Sorry, so far i consider this product is still in beta development. I may consider buying one when i'm convinced it's ready and that's my advice to anyone else who believes there's no rush. The thing is those batteries will be submitted to accelerated aging the way it looks, so i'm glad i can wait as many months as necessary (i'm simply satisfied with my HerbalAire at this very moment)!

axgn4n.gif

Your entitled to your opinion, but it's not in beta development...it's being sold to the public in a configuration they are happy with. That is fine by me, since I think it is an excellent product. Glad you feel the same about the HerbalAire.

As to the rest of your post, I think alot of the technical aspects, as well as the reasons why we don't need to be concerned, have been covered extensively in the Cera thread. If the lack of protected batteries bothers folks, they just don't buy. I personally have no regrets.

nickzzzx

Just received my Cera EO....It's beautiful. I received no shipping notice though. My order was Dec 10 for reference. Looks like they're finally starting to go out.

nickzzzx,
Reactions: fake name

fake name

Wow mine was nov 30. Nothin yet :(

Was yours ll? TET said (on saturday i think, in the main thread) they were shipping EO's only while they are building more ll carts.

C1-EOV-SS.jpg

Shipping only Essential Oil Orders as we are building more Loose Leaf Cartridges. Some people who have an Essential Oil order will be getting it ahead of some of the remaining Loose Leaf orders, just as a heads up.We are going in order but want to ship as much as we can when possible.

Thanks again for your patience. More will ship early next week. We will have another batch ready to go by Tuesday or Wednesday. Also keep your eyes out on the blog as I will be updating it more often for shipping and parts news as we get it.

Enjoy your weekend!
ThermoVape
(Z)

fake name,

Rocco

Darn, from the looks of things around here January orders will be A while...:disgust:

Guess I should go with my gut and order some extra batteries:spliff:

Now I know theres been oodles of pages about the batteries, I want, I am willing to work through them If I must...But In hopes of adding to my eye strain I will go ahead and ask beforehand about my questions regarding buying backups, It would greatly appreciate any help, even just references to the thread pages with my answer would be super awesome.

A.) I just want two or three back ups that are the same model as what TET has but cheaper than off TET's site, where can I find this?​
B.) If there is no such cheaper price than TET, what is the best priced safe choice?​
OR better yet...C.)What did you choose as your back up and where did you order it?

Thank you ladies and gentlemen​

I found that vaping the stash I saved for the Cera, really helped eased the pain. :spliff:
Haha, Im sure you would need it more than anybody after your postal service dilemma Tweek! Glad your enjoying your Cera now. Thanks for the sneak preview of the EO, loved the musical choice!

I agree, goin through some of my goodies is easing the wait time :chill:

Anything will taste or do great in the Cera as long as its not dirt so I am ok with settling for less ATM:popcorn:

Edit: oops..sorry for the back to back posts

mod note: Apology appreciated, thanks for noticing. Two posts merged.

Skeena

I emailed them to question if my order can be sped up by shipping the LL core at a later date.

I hope it can be :p

Skeena,

2ndSight

What did you choose as your back up and where did you order it?

FWIW I just placed an order with CalliesKustoms for 2 of their NCR 18650 PD 2900mah, which are 10.95 each plus shipping, but they're currently backordered and it says the expected ship date is march 1st (so it's possible these might take a while to get to me but i'm fine with that since they're extras). From what i can tell these are the exact same batteries that came with my Cera yesterday, so far these are working just fine for me, and since i know so little about batteries i figured i'd just double my stock with the TET approved type.
Hope that helps man, it's easy to get totally lost in all that battery information if you're a noob like me hehe. :doh:

FWIW I just placed an order with CalliesKustoms for 2 of their NCR 18650 PD 2900mah, which are 10.95 each plus shipping, but they're currently backordered and it says the expected ship date is march 1st (so it's possible these might take a while to get to me but i'm fine with that since they're extras). From what i can tell these are the exact same batteries that came with my Cera yesterday, so far these are working just fine for me, and since i know so little about batteries i figured i'd just double my stock with the TET approved type.
Hope that helps man, it's easy to get totally lost in all that battery information if you're a noob like me hehe. :doh:
Before you do that I suggest doing research in this thread. (Page 50) on batteries

Homecpwork,

Rocco

Before you do that I suggest doing research in this thread. (Page 50) on batteries

and whats on page 50 specifically?
Page 50 is for the most part all about Tweeks issues with the postal service

I just triple checked, not one word about a battery yo..... sure you refered to the proper thread or page?:uhoh:

Rocco,
Top Bottom