• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

CERA, the wait & gibberish thread

When will I get my CERA ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
Ohoh ! Thanks AirDru.... I haven't read that.......... many problems with TET.... but it's OK for me if I get the 2 swithches !

LeTchen,

tig420

i dont even understand what the fuck is going on here i really hope we get what we paid for not some slapped together POS it bothers me to have paid for something that they were advertising so hard on here for a while and then to come to find out that it may not have the same features and its a month at least late i just hope we actually end up getting the ceras from the advertisements

AirDru

As long as it works just as well and is JUST AS DURABLE I can live with a few minor changes. The switch isn't a change since we will get the original switch eventually. The safety switch peeves me a bit. They shouldn't have taken paid preorders if there was still R&D going on. That's just my opinion tho. They aren't the first company to do so.

This being said, I truly believe that they aren't going to do anything with the safety switch out of haste or anything like that, it sounds like they have been trying to figure out the best solution for the safety switch for some time now. I like it best as a kill switch for oil.

I'm gonna give TET the benefit of the doubt. If I don't like what they send me i wont use it and ill send it back.

Cancel, he'll no. I've come too far.

iamn3ko

Cancel, he'll no. I've come too far.

Yeah, why cancel now when we've already waited a month, it has to be ready what 2 weeks tops?? (fucking ridiculous if it isn't)

I know if I cancel my order now, I'll find a way to somehow NOT have the money again, and probably wouldn't end up buying it.

At first this the delay was very upsetting, and it still pisses me off daily, but keeping my mouth shut and honestly trying to forget the Cera even exists has kept me tugging along.

Canceling it is only going to post pone it longer for you, cause you're probably still going to buy one anyways.

As for all this false advertising stuff, I just hope it comes out better. I have nothing else to say but rants.

And some pictures of what our different Ceras look like would be nice.

By the end of it till be like the iPhone and have all sorts of models but they all do the same thing.

I'm not upset anymore, just bored, waiting, ordering things from other companies, stocking up on goodies.
Feels like a hurry up and wait moment.

EDIT: I'm also trying to keep complaining and shipping issues in this thread...

iamn3ko,

Tweek

I just pretend like I didn't order it at all. When it shows up, it will be like the time I put on my winter coat after being in storage, and I found 20 bucks in the pocket. That element of surprise keeps life exciting.

weaselyweasel

Well.... I'm upset. The cera was supposed to be my first vape. It looked awesome in the vids, but now with all the changes being made, I'm not sure what ill be getting. I've been thinking of getting a cloud instead. From what ive read here in a short time, the cloud seems to be the KING of all vapes. I've heard they take a long time to get tho. Can anyone comment on how long they take to receive. I believe they are a Cali based company. I am also in Cali.

weaselyweasel,
Reactions: Bluntcrush

PB88123

Vaporist
I'm not sure what ill be getting.

You'll be getting the Cera with a different battery (2 of them) that can be traded in for the original batteries when they come in.

You'll be getting a switch that needs to be held on for the device to be on. You will receive a switch later on that will be the push and it will stay on by itself. You can keep both.

As for the safety switch on the side of the device. That sounds undecided at this point. I would think it won't be a deal breaker and will work as an on / off switch still. We'll wait and see.

I've been thinking of getting a cloud instead. From what ive read here in a short time, the cloud seems to be the KING of all vapes. I've heard they take a long time to get tho. Can anyone comment on how long they take to receive. I believe they are a Cali based company. I am also in Cali.
Cloud is a plug in unit. There should be no wait. Check the cloud thread for the latest info.

green2brown

To everyone freaking out about receiving a different unit than they ordered: You ordered a Cera, you will receive a Cera. And guess what, the "different/altered" parts you receive with your preorder (as in batteries and switch) are a BONUS IMO. Now you'll have two types of bottom switches to choose between AT NO EXTRA COST. And you'll be receiving 2 batteries, an estimated hour of total power, instead of just one battery with an estimated life of 45 min. And guess what else, if you aren't satisfied with the replacement batteries then you can swap them out for the originals once they're available!

The only change I can honestly see anyone being upset about is the safety switch, but we aren't even sure whether or not that will be changed! And if it is, is the lack of a second switch really a deal breaker? It's not like "oh without a safety switch my Cera won't produce the same exact vapor quality and density that I hoped for!"

Stop complaining about the changes and understand that you will be getting a Cera and that it will perform as advertised. I understand the frustration with delays, but the fact that your unit isn't in your hand today is proof that TET refuses to ship anything but the best product. Have some trust in the situation, guys. And if you can't handle it, then cancel your preorder and wait to purchase it until the official release when you may not receive that momentary switch or extra battery. IMO waiting has already equated to a couple freebies.

green2brown,
Reactions: PB88123

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
The only change I can honestly see anyone being upset about is the safety switch, but we aren't even sure whether or not that will be changed! And if it is, is the lack of a second switch really a deal breaker? It's not like "oh without a safety switch my Cera won't produce the same exact vapor quality and density that I hoped for!"

Having ordered the LL cart and the EL cart, I intended to have a switch that is pressed without holding it, and another (on / off quickly) lateral to the e-liquid.
I wanted the lateral switch, but if TET removes it but gives me 2 differents bottom switches, I'm fine!

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
When I think that the first shipments were to be made a month ago, I am very disappointed......
And at the end of next week, I'll must open a Paypal dispute litigation 'cause it will be 45 days that I pay TET, and past 45 days with Paypal, we'll lost our warranty to be refunded if the item never be delivered :shrug:. I don't want to do that but I MUST DO THAT for my protection. I hope to receive the Cera before 20 days after open the Paypal dispute litigation......... :\

OF

Using the pinkie to depress? Sounds kinda awkward, but hopefully TV will upload a vid to disprove me?

That's not what I was suggesting, but anything is possible I guess?

When I think that the first shipments were to be made a month ago, I am very disappointed......
And at the end of next week, I'll must open a Paypal dispute 'cause it will be 45 days that I pay TET, and past 45 days with Paypal, we'll lost our warranty to be refunded if the item never be delivered :shrug:. I don't want to do that but I MUST DO THAT for my protection. I hope to receive the Cera before 20 days after open the Paypal dispute......... :\

I'm not a Paypal type, but I don't think you don't have to do that. If you're concerned, I'd just cancel and get your money back. There's really no dispute is there?

OF

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
I don't want to cancel my order, OF.... I just want to protect my purchase. If I receive the Cera before about 10/15th february, it will be fine... otherwise Paypal will refund me and I'll order the Cera one time again !
I like Paypal because they protect buyers and sellers

"Dispute" is only a Paypal word (I don't like this word because it's the same word in French but means different than english).... I prefer litigation

If you're concerned, I'd just cancel and get your money back

I'm lost :huh:... are you working with TET ??

LeTchen,

OF

To get a refund, you have to dispute, only way.

No, my point is it is not the only way. Just ask TV, right? Why get PP involved at any level? Why be driven by PP's schedule?

Not really my problem, just my take. There is an easier way that does not have some arbitrary time limit.

OF

GReYAReA

Amid The Vapors...
TET can initiate the refund. You don't have to file a dispute unless they refuse.

Not such a big deal with PayPal, but chargebacks from CC companies can hurt a company's rating and processing fees. I wouldn't ask for a credit card chargeback unless TET refuses the refund. No need to cause them additional grief.

green2brown

I don't want to cancel my order, OF.... I just want to protect my purchase. If I receive the Cera before about 10/15th february, it will be fine... otherwise Paypal will refund me and I'll order the Cera one time again !
I like Paypal because they protect buyers and sellers

"Dispute" is only a Paypal word (I don't like this word because it's the same word in French but means different than english).... I prefer litigation

I'm lost :huh:... are you working with TET ??

You should only file a dispute on PayPal if you actually have a dispute with a seller/buyer. Then PayPal will "investigate" and based on provided evidence, they either force a refund from the seller to the buyer or they determine that the buyer complied with all sales rules and has earned his/her money. Disputes typically take 30 days before a decision is reached.

If you ask TET to cancel your order, then they can just click a button and refund the money back into your account in a moment's time.

Same day refund vs. 30 day dispute. Easy answer.

green2brown,
Reactions: OF

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
I think you don't understand the problem ! I don't have problems with TET and I DON'T WANT TO CANCEL MY ORDER.
When you pay by Paypal (I always do that), you have 45 days to receive what you ordered; if you receve it within these time, all is ok.
If you don't receive it during these 45 days, you must inform Paypal (open a litigation) before the end of this period (otherwise Paypal never refund you if you don't receive). Then there is a period of 20 days to wait, and after (if I don't received during this time) I ask TET to refund me by Paypal (and there is no problem between TET and Paypal).
It's only a warranty to be delivered (or refund), because if the post lost it (or a dishonest postman steals package) Paypal refunds you.
You have to understand that I never said or think that I have, or will have, problems with TET !

LeTchen,
Reactions: harmudge

green2brown

I think you don't understand the problem ! I don't have problems with TET and I DON'T WANT TO CANCEL MY ORDER.
When you pay by Paypal (I always do that), you have 45 days to receive what you ordered; if you receve it within these time, all is ok.
If you don't receive it during these 45 days, you must inform Paypal (open a litigation) before the end of this period (otherwise Paypal never refund you if you don't receive). Then there is a period of 20 days to wait, and after (if I don't received during this time) I ask TET to refund me by Paypal (and there is no problem between TET and Paypal).
It's only a warranty to be delivered (or refund).

Believe me, I get PayPal. It's how I run my business. The dispute will only go 30 days if TET doesn't respond to it. The day you open the dispute, TET will receive an email from PayPal notifying them of it. Then if TET wishes, they can close the dispute by immediately issuing you a refund. So at that point, your order is canceled anyways. Disputes are for disputes, not for trying to buy an extra few weeks of time under PayPal's buyer protection policy. So it seems to me that either way you'll end up with a cancelled order regardless of whether you request a refund from TET or file a dispute claim.

LeTchen

A toute vapeur !
Retailer
Imagine you that just before opening a litigation on Paypal, I will inform TET that I will do it.... if TET thinks that they can't deliver me before 20/30 days, so they will refund me, and no problem. But if they say I can be delivered before, so I wait and I directly close the litigation the day I receive it.
This is not the time to look for problems where there are none! :)

LeTchen,

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Why worry about that until the day before your 45 days is going to run out?? I think you are missing the point that if you open up a dispute against TET you are making them appear to not be working with you, and it can make them look bad. That is not the case here, they would willingly refund your money so to put them under dispute from paypal will only bring negative attention to them. Paypal has been known to drop accounts for businesses who support the vaporizer industry (ecigs) so drawing negative attention out of fear for your purchase seems extreme and not at all a good move.

I understand those are not your intentions, you are simply worried about loosing your money. Well, I would say if it really concerns you this much, cancel your order and then place it again when they have units ready to ship out.

Top Bottom