CCA Liger banger V3.0

sarkunit

Can anyone explain the differences of CCA Liger Air CAD pics please? Waht are they each for?

518869e6f13e183926f8652716c150ca.jpg

5b2b625601681cc86aa73ff1255409ba.jpg
One is standard, one has the augusthaus shroud. I would say that the new liger air will be better over time on your glass, and that is all. I personally like the heft of the 3.0 and it's thermal stability, and think that the new design is really centered on reducing production cost. If it is not then I don't understand the point other than creating something for the 10 mm market, and then it makes no sense to phase out the 3.0 model (other than they are no longer capable of producing them without significant defects).

The shroud was the biggest selling point for me on the Liger. I live in the desert and when the a/c is battling 120 degrees of outside air, any indoor heat source is an issue. It's all alfresco cooking here in the Summer. If I have to cook indoors, I have an induction stovetop because of its reduced heat signature. I don't mind using the open-coil Augusthaus quartz banger during winter, but come Summertime. . .those coils have to be covered.

I'm waiting for someone to employ this technology into dabbing so I can use it from a floating lounge chair in my pool. https://www.gosun.co/products/gosun-sport Until then, I'll just have to rely on the Saionara and my waterproof mod while floating in that lounge chair.

Last edited:
releasethekraken,

lowtempdisciple

Can anyone explain the differences of CCA Liger Air CAD pics please? Waht are they each for?

i asked the same thing to CCA, they told me one is for regular coil and the other one (bottom) is for flat coil .. but they told me only flat coil banger will be made so i dont know why they kept both pictures of the mock up

120 degree?? A real reason to move
"It's a dry heat" and 120 degrees doesn't require shoveling snow. . .but just think how much more effective a solar powered banger would be here.

I think the question of thermal mass is moot. At least with the Augusthaus coil, you have a huge mass of temperature controlled thermal stability in the form of a coil just on the other side of that metal wall. A thinner wall will actually make the coil more responsive. Thermal mass is important in torched bangers as they hold heat longer after being torched. With the enail, the temp is constantly maintained via the coil and controller.

On that subject, August advises to drop your concentrate at the peak temp in his glob modes and dab while the temp is falling. While this would mimic the experience of a torched banger, I advise to drop at your low temp and dab while the temp is rising. This gives you the sensitive, volatile terpenes before they are destroyed at the higher temps while still allowing the higher temps required to extract things like THCV (428F). A note for those listed vaporization temperatures you see in charts for the different components of cannabis is that those temps were determined under a vacuum. As we do not dab under a perfect vacuum, you need to exceed the posted temps to actually achieve your target.

Last edited:

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
Good morning, folks! I have a little problem that I hope you can help me out with. I left my obsidian insert in my 25mm Liger for a bit and now I can’t get it out! I cleaned it really well after each tab but never actually removed the insert. I have since tried alcohol baths, heat and boiling water to no avail. It looks clean as hell but it just won’t budge! Any suggestions?

Having to let it cool down and remove it after each and every dab seems way too fiddley to me! I was thinking a rubber cork/stopper with a screw in it would be a great grab tool. Kind of like how sleeve type fittings secure onto a Dremel tool. That way maybe you could try to grab and remove it while it’s still too hot to touch with fingers.

With the 20mm you have to be careful on your draw not to over splash the dish, this will lock your insert to the nail and make it a pretty big hassle to remove it, as was said, bake it off at 900 should do the trick, if not the 20mm does unscrew about half way and will give you a better grip on the insert.

hello everyone
cca710 told me they gonna ship the new liger air in 2/3 weeks .. still no real pictures on their site.. I ask when they gonna post the pictures but they did not answer me yet (2days ago) i really hope they are not gonna push the dates of the release...
i apologize if my english is bad i am a francophone from Quebec, Canada

CCA has NEVER hit a launch date to my knowledge, missed the v3 Liger, missed the Obsidian, missed then completely erased the Zeus 2 nail, and now we have literal air for the Air. CCA may be excellence in vaping but they are also "CCA just keep waiting while we hold your money"

Guys, I may or may not have an issue. I recently switched to new locations that offer more expensive, seemingly more premium product. The taste is complex and I find it very potent, but I am having a problem with my insert getting dirty after every dab. If I finish the dab till very little smoke is produced, the byproducts have already crusted to the insert ( as opposed to the wax I was using before, that always left a puddle after the smoke production went to near zero). I can reduce the temp to 560 and I don't get to the burned state quite as quick, but it still is turning what's left into tar as opposed to a puddle that I can easily wick out. At that temp the dab is a little thin for me, as I like the asphyxiation high :), and I like a good 590 or 600 dab to really get me medicated. If I dab at that temp with this product I will have to get out my DI for the hundredth time this week. Is the stuff just really delicate, were the concentrates I got before just really impure, or is the new stuff not supposed to crust up so fast even at 580 or so? I am curious and looking to the liger community to set me at ease :)

What type of material is it? distillates on 1 end and rosins on the other will require different temps than mid grade waxes and oils, IME distillates need much less temp and rosins need a bit more, also with my personal view that almost no matter what you'll do rosin is gonna be more difficult to dial in and even to get fully clean. Adjust your temps down. little by little, its gonna take time to dial it in exactly for everything you want to dab. IME 580 is up in the sapphire dish range and is gonna be a bit hot, if its the 20mm Liger, also make sure your coil is as snug as can be.

We'll get 'em when we get 'em. They told someone else they would ready in four weeks. . .six weeks ago.

"We are introducing the new Liger-AIR! Will be ready in 4 weeks!"
-CCA710 Mar 16, 2018 on Instagram

Id love to catch Josh at an event or sesh and just ask him to his face, "why do you always lie to us....like for real?"

They are both of the supposed 30mm Air, the bottom picture represents a Liger with the 30mm Augusthaus Liger coil and shroud, since its larger and wraps around the bucket in addition to the bottom wraps it needs a different (additional $40...used to be $20) shroud to hold the coil to the nail.

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
Well I do see some changes recently. Customer service dude, Zach sent me a picture of my 3rd replacement 20mm bucket prior to sending to me and even made sure the insert can be removed smoothly. Well he even asked for my approval prior to mailing. Now i actually have one good looking 20mm Liger, well normal, defect free. They also made sure there would be no nipple too.

They still owe me this new Liger Air as a replacement for the 30mm Liger bucket from Xmas. I have a feeling i will have to fight for this too if it actually gets released. Eventually, you will get your order with CCA. It may take 2 weeks or 6 months. But they will get it right eventually.

As for splashing in the Liger, i get that all the time with both 20 and 30 Ligers. This mainly happens when i move around the glass carb caps as it splashes up the side wall of the insert and onto the ti wall of the bucket. I hate when this happens as it changes the taste of the dab but i like big dabs. We need higher walls on the sapphire and obsidian inserts XL inserts for 30mm inserts! The 20mm Quartz XL is awesome. Just wish it was obsidian or sapphire.

lowtempdisciple

hey guys,
uh oh.. i was not aware of this :( its my first purchase with CCA710

this is what they told me :

" Hey,

You're Liger-AIR should be shipping withing the next 3-4 weeks, and yes we will update you with a tracking number as soon as it has been packaged for shipping.

Regards,

Zach "

CCA has NEVER hit a launch date to my knowledge, missed the v3 Liger, missed the Obsidian, missed then completely erased the Zeus 2 nail, and now we have literal air for the Air. CCA may be excellence in vaping but they are also "CCA just keep waiting while we hold your money"

lowtempdisciple,
Reactions: Hogni
I feel a lot of the splashing issues could be remedied with a little dabbing discipline. Some still pull on their rig like they are clearing a bong. I have a Quartz Quest which is really sensitive to the pull on my draw. Hit it too hard and you have a mess on your hands. You can also hold off on spinning that carb cap till the end of your draw and much of the concentrate has vaporized.

Today is jar cleaning day. I remove the insert from the Liger and drop old wax jars to clear their remnants.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
hey guys,
uh oh.. i was not aware of this :( its my first purchase with CCA710

this is what they told me :

" Hey,

You're Liger-AIR should be shipping withing the next 3-4 weeks, and yes we will update you with a tracking number as soon as it has been packaged for shipping.

Regards,

Zach "

I believe Ive all but called CCA flat out liars and scammers MULTIPLE times, as have others, the entire point of this message board is to learn from others experiences, good or bad, and I feel Im straddling the border of beating a dead horse on the subject but its obvious that people still don't read the threads or atleast certainly don't read them in their entirety before dropping money. CCA says a lot of things, Ill refer you to the rest of the thread and allow it to speak for itself, having said that I STILL buy from them in certain circumstances, like 50% of saph dishes on 4/20, and as others have said, you'll most likely EVENTUALLY get what you paid for........but I'm NEVER going to give them money for an item I have yet to even see a real picture of, they d not represent their business as a Kickstarter but they sure operate it like one. Im not putting anyone on blast or trying to make anyone feel foolish but you really should read reviews when they are available.

Gn0sis

As for splashing in the Liger, i get that all the time with both 20 and 30 Ligers. This mainly happens when i move around the glass carb caps as it splashes up the side wall of the insert and onto the ti wall of the bucket. I hate when this happens as it changes the taste of the dab but i like big dabs. We need higher walls on the sapphire and obsidian inserts XL inserts for 30mm inserts! The 20mm Quartz XL is awesome. Just wish it was obsidian or sapphire.

That was my experience with bubble caps on the 30mm as well. The coojoglass bubble caps are the 2nd best carb caps i've ever tried right behind my custom chad bro. The seal on the bucket is very good and the restriction is just right, but you always have to be careful not to pull too strongly and not to angle it too much to avoid a ton of oil spilling over.

I was also not a fan of the maintenance... If you put it down with the bubble down, it gets stuck to whatever it touches and if the surface isn't clean, it picks up all the dust/dirt as well. If you put it down with the bubble up, after a couple of dabs, the residue leaks down on the bubble and starts to touch the bucket on the next dab and sometimes sticking to it a bit. You must keep wiping that bubble cap after every single dab for optimum performance...

With my custom chab bro cap, the way it's angled (2nd pic below), I almost never get a spill over regardless of how hard I pull while still getting an excellent seal on the bucket and being able to move the oil around the entire surface. The only times I get a tiny bit of spill over is when the dab is on the larger side and that particular concentrate likes to get extra bubbly while melting, but that doesn't even stop the insert from moving around.

YICfsgn.jpg

EZ11ae1.jpg

Ribman18

Ensabbahnur. You are right all the crummy Cca history is well documented on this thread. But over 140 pages of posts is alot to sift through. When I first began watching this thread everyone was talking about carb caps, and how much they luved there 3.0s. I did not look too far back then. When Cca announced the "air" then all the war stories about the "zues" and "nipplegate "were recounted. I had already ordered a 3.0, been switched to the "air" etc.etc.
So now I've really gone back through this thread and wow! What a shoddy way to do business. Wish i had read more sooner. Everybody on this thread has been super helpful. IMO if you wanna buy from Cca wait until you know they are actually shipping product before you order. Or else you wait wait.......???
Lets talk carb caps until Cca can clear the "air"

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I have the chadbro but dont use it cuz the have the tip angled against the wall. I dont know a glass blower around me to straighten out the tip to blow down. I even thought about breaking the tip off in the past but ended up putting it in the draw.

I always have paper towels around to whip off the bubble caps so its not so dam sticky. Most of my pics, you will see paper towels around.

My problem is, i get so dam stoned that i forget to either wipe the bowl or qtip the insert. I always get one of the two handled tho.

*****Edit*****
im gonna start looking for some quartz bangers that can fit the CCA inserts inside. I like the idea of all glass air path. does anyone have any experience with what size quartz bangers i should be looking for?

Ribman18

Dhgate has 30mm OD bangers that accommodate a 28mm insert. They have some smaller insert/banger setups as well. I saw them while looking for xxl carb caps. search "30mm insert"

Ribman18,

Ribman18

I ordered 3 of 28mm od inserts, they look good no perceptible flaws. Havent used them yet (no liger yet).
When i communicated with the seller he said "they be happy to make 30mm od inserts if ordered 10 of at only 5.50each" yes that is a quote

Ribman18,

mixchu69

Well I do see some changes recently. Customer service dude, Zach sent me a picture of my 3rd replacement 20mm bucket prior to sending to me and even made sure the insert can be removed smoothly. Well he even asked for my approval prior to mailing. Now i actually have one good looking 20mm Liger, well normal, defect free. They also made sure there would be no nipple too.

They still owe me this new Liger Air as a replacement for the 30mm Liger bucket from Xmas. I have a feeling i will have to fight for this too if it actually gets released. Eventually, you will get your order with CCA. It may take 2 weeks or 6 months. But they will get it right eventually.

I have the same experience with my 20mm v2 liger. I was primarily using the storm cell cap and never got spillage over my inserts. Once i switched to the chad bubble cap, i have residue over my titanium (but the experience is still better with the bubble cap)

mixchu69,

sarkunit

With the 20mm you have to be careful on your draw not to over splash the dish, this will lock your insert to the nail and make it a pretty big hassle to remove it, as was said, bake it off at 900 should do the trick, if not the 20mm does unscrew about half way and will give you a better grip on the insert.

What type of material is it? distillates on 1 end and rosins on the other will require different temps than mid grade waxes and oils, IME distillates need much less temp and rosins need a bit more, also with my personal view that almost no matter what you'll do rosin is gonna be more difficult to dial in and even to get fully clean. Adjust your temps down. little by little, its gonna take time to dial it in exactly for everything you want to dab. IME 580 is up in the sapphire dish range and is gonna be a bit hot, if its the 20mm Liger, also make sure your coil is as snug as can be.

Id love to catch Josh at an event or sesh and just ask him to his face, "why do you always lie to us....like for real?"

They are both of the supposed 30mm Air, the bottom picture represents a Liger with the 30mm Augusthaus Liger coil and shroud, since its larger and wraps around the bucket in addition to the bottom wraps it needs a different (additional $40...used to be $20) shroud to hold the coil to the nail.
I am using a 30mm Liger with a stretched high5 coil, tightened to the max, and the Obsidian insert. I like medium temp dabs, where the flavor to vapor density is at a elbow peak, but I have never had to clean my nail so much. It feels like the oil is just "drying" up and forming El Crusto unless I dab at 540, which is too low for me.

sarkunit,
Reactions: Danksta

lowtempdisciple

i am sorry for making you "beat a dead horse" but i am new to this thread and 150 pages is a long read .. i started to read and people where talking about mostly carb cap and inserts so i stop my reading and went to CCA website to order the Liger Air .. all i heard before this thread was positive review on their products so i was in the illusion the company was reliable . again i am sorry for not reading the entire thread i will be more carefull next time ...
I believe Ive all but called CCA flat out liars and scammers MULTIPLE times, as have others, the entire point of this message board is to learn from others experiences, good or bad, and I feel Im straddling the border of beating a dead horse on the subject but its obvious that people still don't read the threads or atleast certainly don't read them in their entirety before dropping money. CCA says a lot of things, Ill refer you to the rest of the thread and allow it to speak for itself, having said that I STILL buy from them in certain circumstances, like 50% of saph dishes on 4/20, and as others have said, you'll most likely EVENTUALLY get what you paid for........but I'm NEVER going to give them money for an item I have yet to even see a real picture of, they d not represent their business as a Kickstarter but they sure operate it like one. Im not putting anyone on blast or trying to make anyone feel foolish but you really should read reviews when they are available.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
i am sorry for making you "beat a dead horse" but i am new to this thread and 150 pages is a long read .. i started to read and people where talking about mostly carb cap and inserts so i stop my reading and went to CCA website to order the Liger Air .. all i heard before this thread was positive review on their products so i was in the illusion the company was reliable . again i am sorry for not reading the entire thread i will be more carefull next time ...

Not at all man, after I wrote that i thought about clarifying I meant beating the dead horse that is how bad CCA can be/is in certain aspects of their business. I certainly didn't mean you or anyone else not reading hundreds of pages of threads, thats totally understandable. Ive been contemplating just starting a Liger Air thread and having the first post kinda be a summary of the 150+ pages of the v3 as I think id be ultimately more beneficial to new people to the forums or people just googling "Liger banger" and this being result #1

buddingglasshead

Not at all man, after I wrote that i thought about clarifying I meant beating the dead horse that is how bad CCA can be/is in certain aspects of their business. I certainly didn't mean you or anyone else not reading hundreds of pages of threads, thats totally understandable. Ive been contemplating just starting a Liger Air thread and having the first post kinda be a summary of the 150+ pages of the v3 as I think id be ultimately more beneficial to new people to the forums or people just googling "Liger banger" and this being result #1

It is a completely new product. Would make sense to have its own thread.

Top Bottom