CCA Liger banger V3.0

Prospector

"CCA needs to make a Liger stand out of SS or Al. The odd shape of this banger plus the enormous weight makes this thing a bitch to store when hot."

Would love something like this.

To my Augustus/barrel coil Liger owners: Any particular reason you chose it over a flat coil?

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
"CCA needs to make a Liger stand out of SS or Al. The odd shape of this banger plus the enormous weight makes this thing a bitch to store when hot."

Would love something like this.

To my Augustus/barrel coil Liger owners: Any particular reason you chose it over a flat coil?

A few folks have good experiences using a regular coffee cup and just hanging the Liger off of it. I myself use an upside-down ceramic tile on a silicone mat and sometimes a brick as my setup is relatively close to my fireplace.

I keep my 20mm Liger around because I feel the flavor is superior to the 30mm, even comparing the 20mm SIC to the 30mm saph, the 20 wins. Honestly I don't notice much difference with the AH coil vs the flat coils, I don't see appreciably lower temps but a bigger heating area shouldn't be a bad thing I suppose. Others swear they are needed for the Liger to shine (shrugs)

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I would like a Liger stand to hold a hot and ready Liger. This way I can keep both my 20 and 30 Ligers on all the time. I don't have much patience to wait for it to warm up.

I just ordered my classic kubeone with a XXL bager and cca coil. I'm excited for the XXL banger and kubeone but don't really care for the Liger coil .I got it cuz I needed a flat coil for the Liger anyways. Now I just got to get a 20mm coil and a y splitter. And an augusthaus shroud when they aren't in sale anymore.

Baron23

This is what I used to hold my Liger 2.0 20 mm. Its from Huffy Glass (great people) and I know others who have contacted them and had similar made up.

They will put as many arms as you like (well, probably four is max) and will terminate them in whatever kind of joint or holder you want. Want the base a bit wider, they did that for one fella.

Cheers
MH9eRKH.jpg

Get some cheap display stands ($5ish). Just select the proper size and sex. https://www.dhgate.com/product/male...-10mm/406468858.html#s1-3-1b;searl|1282722336

For a semi-permanent mount, attach it to your dab station with museum putty or museum gel. This provides the added stability for a nail. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=museum+putty

If you require it to be more portable, use the museum putty to attach the stand to something like a CD, a fancy coaster or polished piece of wood.

You will find many other uses for the museum putty like acoustically isolating a speaker on a mount, keeping a picture straight, protecting tippable items from wagging tails, or just general earthquake proofing.

Grifo

This thread makes me want a liger so bad but at the same time its telling me no dont do it lol. Maybe i gotta get a second have one to avoid cca?

Grifo,
Reactions: matthend

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I have the huffy glass dab station and 14mm and 18mm glass bowl holders. But I want to leave my hot Liger on it all day and I don't want the huffy glass to break from heat stress and weight. I use this currently with a drop down and put the Liger in the drop down and then drop down on the dabstation. But the drop down is taking a long of stress from the heat and weight too and will break cuz it's glass.

The 14 and 18mm glass bowls stand cannot hold a Liger cuz of the odd shape and weight. It will tip over. Tried 3 different ones.

ensabbahnur

Hash Vacuum
I have the huffy glass dab station and 14mm and 18mm glass bowl holders. But I want to leave my hot Liger on it all day and I don't want the huffy glass to break from heat stress and weight. I use this currently with a drop down and put the Liger in the drop down and then drop down on the dabstation. But the drop down is taking a long of stress from the heat and weight too and will break cuz it's glass.

The 14 and 18mm glass bowls stand cannot hold a Liger cuz of the odd shape and weight. It will tip over. Tried 3 different ones.

I use the dnail lotus holder, which is basically a 18mm bowl stand and it most certainly does support the 30mm liger with AH coil even, it doesnt take much to tip it over though. I don't recall you running your setup very hot, I can hold my hot Ligers by the joint (18/14F) with bare hands indefinitely so Im not thinking anything you put it in is going to break due to heat stress as easy as you'd think.....maybe if your talking the 10M joint but IMO that way to small for the big Liger setup at any temp.

alittledabwilldoya'

Sapphire Powered Dabstronaut.

Get a cheap beaker rig to hold one?
Good excuse to get a back-up rig?
I run my Ligers either in drop-downs (color joints) or even directly into multiple different rigs (all clear joints) and have never had any issues from heat.

SZGKvX4.jpg

:2c:

edit: Pictured above is the 10mm joint w/o a dropdown (obviously).
This is my favorite configuration as it breathes the easiest.
However, for efficiency I like to collect my dropdown reclaim to use for nighttime dabs, so it's usually like this:

Q5imRvr.jpg

I quite like the 10mm joints, my favorite joint for use in dropdowns is the 10mm female as it's the least restrictive of those that I have used (all but the 14mm female).
I have read that the 14mm female with it's true direct injection is the favorite of some users; still need to get the right dropdown to try out that joint.
And I agree with @ensabbahnur, the joints themselves are cooler than one would think.

:peace:

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Shooby, post:The 14 and 18mm glass bowls stand cannot hold a Liger cuz of the odd shape and weight. It will tip over. Tried 3 different ones.[/QUOTE]

Did you try them with museum putty?

"For a semi-permanent mount, attach it to your dab station with museum putty or museum gel. This provides the added stability for a nail. https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=museum+putty

If you require it to be more portable, use the museum putty to attach the stand to something like a CD, a fancy coaster or polished piece of wood."

My Liger 30mm Flat Coil with Augusthaus custom shield is connected via 10mm with no issues. I use a dropdown soley to aid in claiming my reclaim. The Liger design addresses heat at the joint so there is no real need for a dropdown to protect your piece from enail heat.

Danksta

It ain't classy but coffee mugs work great for my Ligers and FP. I dig them. They keep it simple and cheap. :2c: :D

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
I like the 10mm joints too but I can't find any 14mm male o 10mm female drop downs to use my 10mm joints. I got a 14mm to 10mm reducer . It's funny how the 10mm has the least amount of restriction. The 14mm female joint is the most restrictive joint Imo. The removable tube has the smallest ID.

The only joint I do not own is the 10mm female.

I run my Liger at about 480F to the dish. The joint is hot but not that hot. I can hold it for 30 seconds before it starts to burn.

I used a coffee mug for a while but wanted something nice. I'll look into the lotus holder . Thanks for mentioning it.

Not too sure how the putty would work for me to keep my Liger banger off the table while it's hot. I think the putty was mentioned to prevent the bong or rigs from tipping over.

Thanks all for your input. Much appreciated..

Shooby,
Not too sure how the putty would work for me to keep my Liger banger off the table while it's hot. I think the putty was mentioned to prevent the bong or rigs from tipping over.

You put the putty on the base of those display stands (you said you had tried some so I assume you still have them on hand) and mount the stands on a cd or straight to your desk. It's a clay-like material that acts like glue but is easily removed. It keeps the display stand from tipping over when it's hanging the banger.

This has the drop down requirements you mentioned in the options. I just ordered one from here and it took 10 days to arrive. https://www.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-male-to-female-glass-dropdown-adapter/235546592.html

Last edited:
releasethekraken,
Reactions: ensabbahnur

Shooby

4ShOObY3 - IG
You put the putty on the base of those display stands (you said you had tried some so I assume you still have them on hand) and mount the stands on a cd or straight to your desk. It's a clay-like material that acts like glue but is easily removed. It keeps the display stand from tipping over when it's hanging the banger.

This has the drop down requirements you mentioned in the options. I just ordered one from here and it took 10 days to arrive. https://www.dhgate.com/product/wholesale-male-to-female-glass-dropdown-adapter/235546592.html

Oo I get what your saying now. The glass 14mm or 18mm glass stands. Putty them down so it doesn't tip when the Liger is in it hot. Gotcha. That's def. An option. Thanks .

Shooby,

Heatmiser

Good morning, folks! I have a little problem that I hope you can help me out with. I left my obsidian insert in my 25mm Liger for a bit and now I can’t get it out! I cleaned it really well after each tab but never actually removed the insert. I have since tried alcohol baths, heat and boiling water to no avail. It looks clean as hell but it just won’t budge! Any suggestions?

Having to let it cool down and remove it after each and every dab seems way too fiddley to me! I was thinking a rubber cork/stopper with a screw in it would be a great grab tool. Kind of like how sleeve type fittings secure onto a Dremel tool. That way maybe you could try to grab and remove it while it’s still too hot to touch with fingers.

Heatmiser,

lowtempdisciple

hello everyone
cca710 told me they gonna ship the new liger air in 2/3 weeks .. still no real pictures on their site.. I ask when they gonna post the pictures but they did not answer me yet (2days ago) i really hope they are not gonna push the dates of the release...
i apologize if my english is bad i am a francophone from Quebec, Canada

Good morning, folks! I have a little problem that I hope you can help me out with. I left my obsidian insert in my 25mm Liger for a bit and now I can’t get it out! I cleaned it really well after each tab but never actually removed the insert. I have since tried alcohol baths, heat and boiling water to no avail. It looks clean as hell but it just won’t budge! Any suggestions?

Having to let it cool down and remove it after each and every dab seems way too fiddley to me! I was thinking a rubber cork/stopper with a screw in it would be a great grab tool. Kind of like how sleeve type fittings secure onto a Dremel tool. That way maybe you could try to grab and remove it while it’s still too hot to touch with fingers.

Turn your nail up to 800-900 and wait. It will discolor your Liger.

Taking a big dab on the 20mm Liger tends to get liquid around the edges which then pools at the bottom and hardens, sticking your insert to the vapor bucket.

This high temp cycle will carbonize that crud and free the insert. Also, I used to grab the 20mm inserts out by sticking three qtips at once into it and spreading them out sort of, to put friction on the insides and then I’d lift it straight out.

scalescliffs,
Reactions: Hogni

Ribman18

hello everyone
cca710 told me they gonna ship the new liger air in 2/3 weeks .. still no real pictures on their site.. I ask when they gonna post the pictures but they did not answer me yet (2days ago) i really hope they are not gonna push the dates of the release...
i apologize if my english is bad i am a francophone from Quebec, Canada
You have more info than me so thanx "lowtemp" 2-3 more weeks. Man, ive been waiting since Feb 20. Glad they got back to you, as I have heard nothing.

Ribman18,

sarkunit

Guys, I may or may not have an issue. I recently switched to new locations that offer more expensive, seemingly more premium product. The taste is complex and I find it very potent, but I am having a problem with my insert getting dirty after every dab. If I finish the dab till very little smoke is produced, the byproducts have already crusted to the insert ( as opposed to the wax I was using before, that always left a puddle after the smoke production went to near zero). I can reduce the temp to 560 and I don't get to the burned state quite as quick, but it still is turning what's left into tar as opposed to a puddle that I can easily wick out. At that temp the dab is a little thin for me, as I like the asphyxiation high :), and I like a good 590 or 600 dab to really get me medicated. If I dab at that temp with this product I will have to get out my DI for the hundredth time this week. Is the stuff just really delicate, were the concentrates I got before just really impure, or is the new stuff not supposed to crust up so fast even at 580 or so? I am curious and looking to the liger community to set me at ease :)

sarkunit,

Hogni

Honi soit qui mal y pense
Can anyone explain the differences of CCA Liger Air CAD pics please? Waht are they each for?

518869e6f13e183926f8652716c150ca.jpg

5b2b625601681cc86aa73ff1255409ba.jpg

Hogni,
Top Bottom