Carta by Focus V

Fkn0wned

You guys with Helix pieces check the top part for other holes on the side because the Helix piece is made to create that vortex that Helix glass pipes are known for and I'm pretty sure to create that they have to put a little hole on the side of the pipes to create spinning force for the vapor to do the vortex.

Maybe that is making it feel like more air is coming through because in fact it should be to create the vortex, although it could not be that entirely just my guess first as to why it could seem more airy.

The seal at the very bottom could very well be messed up but if it's a tight snug fit in there I don't see how it could be a bad seal, is it a tight fit or is it looser than the stock glass?

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
You guys with Helix pieces check the top part for other holes on the side because the Helix piece is made to create that vortex that Helix glass pipes are known for and I'm pretty sure to create that they have to put a little hole on the side of the pipes to create spinning force for the vapor to do the vortex.

Maybe that is making it feel like more air is coming through because in fact it should be to create the vortex, although it could not be that entirely just my guess first as to why it could seem more airy.

The seal at the very bottom could very well be messed up but if it's a tight snug fit in there I don't see how it could be a bad seal, is it a tight fit or is it looser than the stock glass?

Great points here! I have a 14" Helix beaker and its so airy I literally can't rip it, it takes like 5 lungs. I plugged all the venturi holes with reclaim to make mine usable lol. Makes cleaning a total annoyance though.

invertedisdead,

freddiegibbs

You guys with Helix pieces check the top part for other holes on the side because the Helix piece is made to create that vortex that Helix glass pipes are knownThe seal at the very bottom could very well be messed up but if it's a tight snug fit in there I don't see how it could be a bad seal, is it a tight fit or is it looser than the stock glass?
It's definitely less snug in the base than the stock glass.

freddiegibbs,

Herbie Hancock

The 60 Second Assasin
Without needing photos. It’s oretty simple. With the stock piece and the atomizer in place. If I put a silicone cap on the atomizer, I can pull no air through the unit. No bubbles.

The Helix on the other hand.... it’s like extremely bubbly when you inhale. Not airtight like the stock glass.

Does this clear it up? I wish it was more simple of a fix. I tried a rubber seal from a mighty to give it a tighter seal. Even that provided no help at all. So I just gave up immediately. Not in the mood to tinker with it. It should fit the way the stock one does without the need for ingenuity. Period.

medicalmark

Medicalmark
I agree Herbie it should fit with no issues at all, should fit like the stock glass.
Man that really sucks Herbie

Cheers, medicalmark

medicalmark,

Fkn0wned

Without needing photos. It’s oretty simple. With the stock piece and the atomizer in place. If I put a silicone cap on the atomizer, I can pull no air through the unit. No bubbles.

The Helix on the other hand.... it’s like extremely bubbly when you inhale. Not airtight like the stock glass.

Does this clear it up? I wish it was more simple of a fix. I tried a rubber seal from a mighty to give it a tighter seal. Even that provided no help at all. So I just gave up immediately. Not in the mood to tinker with it. It should fit the way the stock one does without the need for ingenuity. Period.

Again like I said the Helix glass piece if you got the tall one it should have more holes on the glass near the middle section aka you would still be able to pull air from it if you plug the atomizer hole as for the stock glass in only has the intake hole and the mouth hole so if it's seated and sealed and you cap off the atomizer connection you can't pull.

Here is a picture as to why it could be happening they have to put holes on the side to create the tornado/vortex spin of the vapor.

20190225-221851.jpg

Last edited:
Fkn0wned,

MonkeyTime

Ok but I have the glass and I'm telling you it simply doesn't fit well.

Does it have a carb or inlet hole?

Focus V products gets the stink eye from me to start :goon:

I got the call when the first pre-order batch was ready that the Helix glass wasn't. They said they thought it was about a week behind. I thought I'd be courteous and offer that if it saved them shipping, they could hold the carta and ship it all together. Carta showed up yesterday, no Helix glass, that's Thursday now? Maybe they realized it was going to be more than a week and decided to ship it anyways......communication is king.

Only got to play for a little bit, but I think I'm going to really like it.

MonkeyTime,

Fkn0wned

Ok but I have the glass and I'm telling you it simply doesn't fit well.

Yeah that's why I replied to the other guy, each of you could more than likely have sealing issues but the guy I responded to was saying he could still pull air through the piece if he plugged the atomizer connection and I was explaining as to why that would happen on the Helix piece and why it isn't on the original glass piece.

To get no air going into the Helix you would need to plug the mouth hole and the bottom inlet hole and also the holes on the side near the middle of it that create the visual vortex/tornado.

Fkn0wned,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Ive waited to reply on this hoping it was something people where just using it wrong.

But.. at this point I'll have to say I'm relatively disappointed in this. I trust that helix will correct the issues and rebuild any custom glass ordered so far but even with that in place I'm a bit sore by the experience haha.

Needless to say we will be putting in the proper corrections to ensure proper connections etc.. from any future glass collabs!

Ok I don't want to rant but 2 things I want to get of my chest.

1. They have bases to test this on! Wtf....
2. We delayed once already because they said they fixed this issue! Again wtf...

Ok I usually never do that but geeez guys.

------------------
Ok deep breaths
-----------------

Ok well let's begin the fun process of correcting this mistake! For those who feel there glass is not fitting and or not pulling or a combination of the two! Then please shoot me a message (today ideally as I am here in Vegas and helix will be here today as well.)

I understand this is a disappointing setback so let's try to get through this as smoothly as we can haha

freddiegibbs

Fwiw I'm not even a little bit upset about the production issues so far. From the very beginning Focus V has been extremely transparent about the fact that the product may still be a work in progress. The level of engagement in this community and the reassurances given to pre-order customers has been excellent. I'm still glad to be taking this journey with y'all and looking forward to everything getting sorted out. The Carta has tremendous potential.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
The tall, pointy Helix was delivered to me by mistake (I ordered the Dome one), and mine is working perfectly. If anything, the Helix is a tighter fit than the stock glass. The pull is great and it milks like hell.:tup:

So, not all of them so far are too small or leaking air. I'd like to know how many more people are satisfied with their Helix...:nod:

medicalmark

Medicalmark
Right on brother, glad to hear your is working fine.
I have both custom glass pieces coming still not through customs here in canada I might have them by Monday or wensday and my replacement carta is here but will be delivered to my mail box tomorrow.
Maybe there was a couple of glass pieces that are slightLy off, remember it’s custom glass not one piece is the same there will be differences in the glass unless a robot is making them.

Cheers, medicalmark

medicalmark,
Reactions: Shrike

Fkn0wned

Yeah awesome some clarification so maybe they have just let a few slide that don't fit well hopefully they follow through with a replacement, I was just thinking of other things it could have been but that's weird especially since they were sent a base to test fit.

I know on the quick live stream today he showed off the new atomizer and it looked really nice, also a quick glympse of the dry herb chamber atomizer.

Summer

Long Island, NY
FocusV published the IG stream. It's only 8 min. long. Randall showed & demo'd the new atomizer & ti bucket & showed the new flower atomizer & 2 custom designs on the Carta. He said he'll try to stream again tonight & may be show the flower atomizer in action, but he only has concentrate available right now. Check it out while it's still up.

mixchu69

FocusV published the IG stream. It's only 8 min. long. Randall showed & demo'd the new atomizer & ti bucket & showed the new flower atomizer & 2 custom designs on the Carta. He said he'll try to stream again tonight & may be show the flower atomizer in action, but he only has concentrate available right now. Check it out while it's still up.
Been looking for video on IG but can't find it. Can u provide a link? Thanks

Summer

Long Island, NY
@mixchu69, no link. Have to download the instagram app (do a google search & pic the appropriate device) for your phone or computer. Then register, then find FocusV via the search feature & click follow. Go back to the homepage & you will see the Story circles for those you follow along the top menu bar. The published streams are the ones with the red or gray forward video arrows in the Story circles. Find FocusV & double click on it to play. The story will be up for 24 hours at most from posting or until the publisher removes it. I suggest if using a Windows computer, pin the IG app to your start menu.

You can also open instagram's webpage (www...), but you won't see the published streams on the webpage.

Last edited:

freddiegibbs

Had to leave town yesterday almost immediately after my Helix piece came in, and it seems I was too hasty in my assessment.

I just got home and finally got some decent hands-on time with it, and I now see that it's not nearly as bad as I initially thought. Plugging the small carb about 2/3 the way up the piece does create a nice seal that makes for some FIERCE rips! The Helix is still quite wobbly in the base - I can rock it back and forth a noticeable amount, whereas the stock glass has 0% give. But I definitely do not think there is anything wrong here that would warrant a replacement. I was just ignorant about the design, and everyone above was right that the airiness is a byproduct of the design! My apologies to the thread and @FocusV - hope it didn't cause any issues with Helix.

PS I'm never using the stock glass again :rofl:

mc

So I got my carta today and loving it so far but I am running intot he leaking quartz cup issue and the thing just runs way too hot. It's probably 200f over what it should be. A lot of people like to start their dabs at 440ish and level 1 on this just turns my rosin into carbon on the Ti bucket bottom if I let it run. For now I can just turn it off as it reaches temp. Please get that app to us asap!!

mc,
Reactions: Summer

Ferrusbuelker

Got the f-bomb yesterday and love it. Milks really nicely and tight seal. My atomizer seems to get hotter each time I do a heat cycle. Not sure if it’s a base issue or atomizer but going hold off judgement until new atomizer and app. Carta has major potential and cheers to FV for being so transparent through the process. Looking forward to the new deeper atomizers.

Fkn0wned

Now see that's why I tried to explain with issues I knew everyone in here would probably think something is up with the Helix because they might not be use to the design of their glass but it's made like that to get the desired effect.

It's defintely going to be different than stock regardless, anyone getting a new glass piece for a device and thinking "oh this is going to hit the same" why are you getting a new piece then?

Normally people get a better glass for a different/better function anyways.

But I'm glad you finally had the time to sit down and give it a once over again, I was beginning to think I was going crazy over here lol.

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
well good to hear about people getting the glass and liking it! Im glad this turned out to not be as big of an issue as we had thought! now i get to have a second conversation with helix haha but i still think they should work on the base a bit more to get a snug fit everytime.

If anyone still fills like there glass is faulty just shoot me message and we will get you taken care of!

ill be doing another livestream today at the show when i get a chance to breathe haha

Fkn0wned

Hey @FocusV I put up some cosmetic issues I'm having on page #11 I mentioned you in the post as well so you would be able to receive it.

I was wondering if it would be looked into or not, also I had the other concern on the same page as well with a picture explaining the concern.

Fkn0wned,
Top Bottom