• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Carta by Focus V

Summer

Long Island, NY
I can't believe no one beat me to the punch on this one. I don't know what the correct spelling of the name is, but if it's wrong, I will have one of the mods correct the thread title at a future date.

Except for 1 image on the web, there's no further info. Last week & this week I saw the vape in IG streams. Randall, formerly of Boundless Technologies, is now, since Sept. '18, a 50% partner in (& is the manufacturer of) Focusvapes.

Now I don't remember exactly, but this portable dabber is no bigger than 8" tall. The batteries are swappable -- (2) 18350s. The loading buckets are your choice of titanium or quartz, & they are working on a ceramic one, although he feels that ceramic & titanium are very close in heat properties so it doesn't matter which. He feels if you want the best flavor go with quartz. The prototype has 4 temps ranging from 550 - 900 degrees F. He was dabbing at 730 & getting great clouds. At the lowest temp when using the quartz bowl & carb cap, you will be able to vape a microdose of herb as well.

In January he's gonna send some units to the players like 420VapeZone & PIU. It should be available for sale in mid-Feb. I believe he said the price was gonna be $249, but don't quote me. And he said that after every 2000 units are sold they are gonna be changing the vape's colors & carb caps.

For those who are interested, Randall's IG handle is FocusVproducts. His current stream may be up for another 7 hours max to view.

*AFAIK, these are still prototype pics. In the initial stream, he had the vape filled 1/2 way with water, just couldn't get a good shot without showing his face.

10.jpg
6.jpg
9.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
8.jpg
7.jpg
1.jpg

Last edited:

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey Guys!

You beat me to it @Summer haha i was just getting ready to generate a post for this.

Firstly thanks for checking out the streams! I will be doing another today with the Carta,

---------------------------------

Ok a few details,

First the Name: Carta, (Like magna carta )

Features:

Initial Release:

- Wax Chamber W/ Optional Titanium or Quartz Buckets.
- Dual 18350 Batteries (removable)
- Single Button Operation
- USB-C Charging
- Comes with a plethora of things (glass carb cap, main glass component, batteries, cleaning etc..)

The initial Release will be late January. ( when I say initial i mean like 150 pre order units will be available only)

from there the first full run will be released February (before the 15th i believe)

OK and then!

The carta has built in bluetooth functions with an app that is pretty much completed at this point. j

So in February you will be able to connect your Carta to your computer. Download the updates and then download the blue tooth app.

The App will allow full control over the Carta,

it will also allow for control over the Herb Chamber that will be released late February.

MSRP: $250.00

Later today I will post some pics about the App etc..

If you guys have any questions, comments, concerns, etc... please post and lets discuss!

looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
Hell yeah! As a Peak and Switch owner, I am in! My Peak is a piece of shit, I am on my third base and my homemade atomizers last longer than theirs.
The switch is just too big, so this looks like a great choice!

What kind of Glass connection does it have? It would be kinda nice if they "Adopted" the Peak base just so people could use their custom attachments on both.
Please keep me posted @FocusV on a release date, I have put all of the competition through hell and they don't hold up. I'm on board for sure!

biohacker

Like @mrbonsai420 I too thought that the Peak was a piece of shit, so i'm cautiously optimistic about this device, especially with the swappable batteries! :popcorn:

biohacker,
Reactions: szai

biohacker

My only thing about this is why 18350s? They max out at like 10a and don't give very good battery life. A single 18650 has the power of 2 18350s and will usually last longer due to higher amperage.

Do you know what the Puffco Peak has internally in comparison?

pghjd

Do you know what the Puffco Peak has internally in comparison?
They've never stated. I would assume a small lipo or 18350s. It only gets about 25 hits per charge though and i can get more than that with a single 18650 and a Saionara.

biohacker

They've never stated. I would assume a small lipo or 18350s. It only gets about 25 hits per charge though and i can get more than that with a single 18650 and a Saionara.

Any idea why these companies don't use 18650's in these devices? @FocusV ?

biohacker,
Reactions: szai

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
My only thing about this is why 18350s? They max out at like 10a and don't give very good battery life. A single 18650 has the power of 2 18350s and will usually last longer due to higher amperage.

The high drains that are available for 18350s can do 20a which is decent. But for our purpose we decided based on size. We wanted something removable and available enough the end user could get replacements if needed.

But honestly with the USB-C charger you would likely be just charging via that anyways.

for me the removable is more about that like camping trip or out for the day with friends (concerts etc..)

Any idea why these companies don't use 18650's in these devices? @FocusV ?

I couldn't tell you about the puffco so much. but i could say that they likely do not use 18650 simply to manage the size of the device.

we plan on doing a few giveaways for some customs Carta's

I know we are doing one with Mikes Vaporizer Review

and one with Helix Glass.

I have 2 production run samples coming in at the end of this week I believe.

if you want to follow up on the giveaway make sure to checkout our Instagram @focusvproducts

heres a quick demo video about the product

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
The high drains that are available for 18350s can do 20a which is decent. But for our purpose we decided based on size. We wanted something removable and available enough the end user could get replacements if needed.

But honestly with the USB-C charger you would likely be just charging via that anyways.

for me the removable is more about that like camping trip or out for the day with friends (concerts etc..)

I couldn't tell you about the puffco so much. but i could say that they likely do not use 18650 simply to manage the size of the device.

we plan on doing a few giveaways for some customs Carta's

I know we are doing one with Mikes Vaporizer Review

and one with Helix Glass.

I have 2 production run samples coming in at the end of this week I believe.

if you want to follow up on the giveaway make sure to checkout our Instagram @focusvproducts

heres a quick demo video about the product

I am in. And the Puffco Peak also uses 18350's, x4. NON-REPLACEABLE however. Carta>Peak I would think.

The Switch has a proprietary battery pack that is beefy as hell and lasts a long time. You can grab a second Switch battery for $80...Battery Capacity of 3000MaH, 12.6V, 33.3WH Pack using LiFePO4 cells...did I mention it was big? lol. So although they are nice, considering the price it's Carta>Switch here too I bet.

So this is a win for the Carta. Although 18650's would have been a much better choice for us, as most people have a lot invested in their 18650's, I know I do. BUT that would have made the device a little bigger. So I will definitely grab a handful of 18350s for this one!!! At least they are replaceable.

FYI, I just sent my second Peak base in for repair. That makes 3 bases and 7 atomizers in around 7 months for the Peak. Ouch. The Switch is only a month old but it's fairing much better so far, unfortunately, it's too fucking huge for incgocneto use.

I have a Source XXL and a Sai TAF, But those are just nice pens. These E-rigs are something more for sure.
I am ready to test a Carta up against all of these bad boys!

Last edited:

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
FYI, I just sent my second Peak base in for repair. That makes 3 bases and 7 atomizers in around 7 months for the Peak. Ouch.

Obviously you love your Peak though or you wouldn't keep fixing it.. I've seen a lot of devices claim to beat the Peak, I'm sure you have too, but how many of them have really done it?

Do we actually know that this heater is more durable than the Peak? I haven't seen anything in this thread about it. I know I'd like to see the heating element in this vape. Is it designed to be replaceable like the Peak? I want to see an e-rig with the durability of my enails.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I was lucky enough to try the prototype last week meeting @FocusV in LA, it felt pretty original and impressive to me!

Have only tried an xvape vista before btw, no peak or whatever the other is. Low temp rosin hits in the Carta were super tasty and super smooth for me even without water, plenty thick too!

Also saw what it could do with shatter at medium temp as well, visually impressive and keeps pumping out the vapor. It uses a carb system that is different than I've seen before (again limited exp) along with the unique mouthpiece glass.

It is a pretty nice design, sleek and portable to pass around at home or use alone multitasking. I am more into herbs so curious how it will handle those, but I would like it for my occasional dabbing

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Not my definition of sleek.... but I'm not bashing the Carta and appreciate your feedback, waiting for beta testers and final users feedbacks
The prototype has 4 temps ranging from 550 - 900 degrees F.
I would prefer a 500°F starting point but that's only my 2 cents... Is the 900 setting is the "cleaning mode" (I think yes)?

Hi @Shit Snacks , do you have more infos about the heating element? is it a donut surrounded by a bucket? wire? did it heat both the bottom and the wall of the bucket?

Really interested about this one too but , personnaly, I don't dig the design.

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Any pics or vids of the herb chamber set up and function?

All i have at the moment is my 3d build out. I will do my best to produce a few renders of the herb chamber for you guys to check out. Im pretty stoked for the herb attachment. I dab but i have always been more of an herb user myself.

Not my definition of sleek.... but I'm not bashing the Carta and appreciate your feedback, waiting for beta testers and final users feedbacks

I would prefer a 500°F starting point but that's only my 2 cents... Is the 900 setting is the "cleaning mode" (I think yes)?

Hi @Shit Snacks , do you have more infos about the heating element? is it a donut surrounded by a bucket? wire? did it heat both the bottom and the wall of the bucket?

Really interested about this one too but , personally, I don't dig the design.

haha no worries I know the design and color schemes i pick arent pleasing to everyone! but hopefully you will enjoy the quality of the product when it is released!

as far as the heating element. We also use a ceramic heating element but ours is different from the Puffco peek. Our Heat source can handle over 1050 F .

Addressing the Temps:

I have 2 samples coming in with 2 different heat settings. 1 set is lower and the 2nd set is higher with a max of 940

my reasoning for a higher temp is trying to reach that real dab effect. when the app releases in April you will be able to set your temps easier. But I will do my best to make the 4 presets a wide variety of functional temps.

Side Note: The preset temps will automatically change (auto detect) when the herb chamber is attached.

Side Side Note: I have noticed about a 50 degree difference between the titanium and quartz buckets. with the quartz seeming to get hotter. Not sure of the relevance of this but I know the low temp dabbers out there would probably appreciate the knowledge! haha

mrbonsai420

Accessory Maker
Accessory Maker
All i have at the moment is my 3d build out. I will do my best to produce a few renders of the herb chamber for you guys to check out. Im pretty stoked for the herb attachment. I dab but i have always been more of an herb user myself.

haha no worries I know the design and color schemes i pick arent pleasing to everyone! but hopefully you will enjoy the quality of the product when it is released!

as far as the heating element. We also use a ceramic heating element but ours is different from the Puffco peek. Our Heat source can handle over 1050 F .

It's not that the Peak's ceramic can't handle the heat, It's actually a low resistance alumina ceramic element. The cracking is either from thermal shock when cleaning hot or overflow from big dabs when they actually crack. More often it's people lifting the ceramic or quartz cup up when it has cooled and residual shatter has it stuck to the element, and then they lift it up and pull the element apart like pictured below. That's why they now suggest soaking in iso whole before removing the insert.
I am currently just building my own Peak atomizers since they charge so much for theirs. I have had success with Ti and quartz buckets too. I also made a version with a Divine tribe ceramic cup protecting the element with a quartz insert that fit snuggly into it, that helped some of the issues of Puffco's atomizer.

How do your ceramic atomizers address thermal shock and sticking to the insert during removal? What's cleanup like? How long to atomizers last? are they rebuildable? How easy is it for glassblowers to make custom attachments? Did you think of adopting the same connection as Puffco for glass sharing? Although I personally don't love (or hate) the way they decided to connect it just wondering, lol.

2hp10jl.jpg

70zvyc.jpg

2s63vo7.jpg

dw7zts.jpg

Obviously you love your Peak though or you wouldn't keep fixing it.. I've seen a lot of devices claim to beat the Peak, I'm sure you have too, but how many of them have really done it?

Do we actually know that this heater is more durable than the Peak? I haven't seen anything in this thread about it. I know I'd like to see the heating element in this vape. Is it designed to be replaceable like the Peak? I want to see an e-rig with the durability of my enails.

Yes, I really do love the Peak, and the switch is fucking amazing too! but they both have their shortcomings. I still use my Liger with obsidian insert at home most of the time. And while I will spend $400 a piece on a few devices to test them and let my people know which to buy, most don't even want to spend that once so this may fill that niche.

...Speaking of that niche.
I was lucky enough to try the prototype last week meeting @FocusV in LA, it felt pretty original and impressive to me!

Have only tried an xvape vista before btw, no peak or whatever the other is. Low temp rosin hits in the Carta were super tasty and super smooth for me even without water, plenty thick too!

Also saw what it could do with shatter at medium temp as well, visually impressive and keeps pumping out the vapor. It uses a carb system that is different than I've seen before (again limited exp) along with the unique mouthpiece glass.

It is a pretty nice design, sleek and portable to pass around at home or use alone multitasking. I am more into herbs so curious how it will handle those, but I would like it for my occasional dabbing

The Xvape Vista mini was a complete disappointment and isn't the same type of device. It may as well be a big ole DT 2.7 with a built-in bubbler, it doesn't use a bucket/nail/insert. The Sai, Triton, QQ, and Source XXL are all way past it in evolution. Hopefully this will be the Peak/Switch contender we were hoping the Vista mini would be!

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Haha yeah I wasn't even talking about the mini, I have one of those that I have not yet tried or even opened really. I was comparing more to the original vista, so obviously compared to that at least the Carta is super sleek! :lol:

Like I said I am out of my element here more inexperienced, for example most of the products mentioned above I have not actually seen and some of the terms are even unfamiliar to me! :ko:

Shit Snacks,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Temps that high are not good for you. I no longer go above 600f. I know there are a lot of torch dabbers used to high temp hits, but one of the best things about e-nails is we get the control to keep us out of the danger zone. The Switch gets up to the 800's for cleaning.

Yea my new samples come in tomorrow so I'll be able to confirm more of the temp settings we have going for it. But at this early in the stages we are just testing all of the settings. We will be sure to have at least 3 of the 4 be ideal temp settings

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hey guys wanted to supply you guys with a few updates!

Here are some photos and videos of the Carta packaging.

carta-bag.jpg
carta-bag-2.jpg

Here is a detail drawing of the carta heat system
carta-heat-system.png

Here is a photo of the heating base
carta-heater-base.jpg

Here are the buckets for the concentrates titanium and quartz

titanium-bucket.jpg

quartz-bucket.jpg

The carta will come with both

I will be doing a Livestream tonight on our IG page : @focusvproducts
We will be showing off our custom helix peices and announcing our custom Carta giveaway!

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
Hey guys wanted to supply you guys with a few updates!

Here are some photos and videos of the Carta packaging.

carta-bag.jpg
carta-bag-2.jpg

Here is a detail drawing of the carta heat system
carta-heat-system.png

Here is a photo of the heating base
carta-heater-base.jpg

Here are the buckets for the concentrates titanium and quartz

titanium-bucket.jpg

quartz-bucket.jpg

The carta will come with both

I will be doing a Livestream tonight on our IG page : @focusvproducts
We will be showing off our custom helix peices and announcing our custom Carta giveaway!

Good update!

I'm a lot more interested now! The app is EXACTLY what a device like this needs, a few built in temps and a custom temp setting you can set with the app, just like my Pax Era.

How many mm is the cup? Have you broken any atomizers yet?

invertedisdead,
Top Bottom