Carta by Focus V

Hoosier

Well, looks like I have burnt out my first atomizer. It’s heating, but no where near the temps required to vape my material. Have tried readjusting but no luck

Aggi

Aggi Swaggi
Let’s please get that Bluetooth app into peoples hands. There are people I want to show this device to, but I cannot until there is better temperature control. Is that able to be released today?

Had a Livestream on Instagram earlier today and he stated that it would be ready by the end of the week for beta release. He said he released it to 2 different users and One worked fine, while the other wasn't working properly. So I believe they're working out the little kinks

Aggi,

medicalmark

Medicalmark
Well damn!

Received my carta lossy finally but haven’t used it yet charging
as we speak, but I already have a issue I know about the reverse threading
on the atomizer top and regular threading on the atomizer bottom.
But it seems that my unit is over threaded and my atomizer will not
tighten it clicks and loose never tightens without slipping out of place.
I can use it but the heater goes on and off when you move the carb cap.

Cheers, medicalmark
Mark van vliet

medicalmark,

FocusV

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Well damn!

Received my carta lossy finally but haven’t used it yet charging
as we speak, but I already have a issue I know about the reverse threading
on the atomizer top and regular threading on the atomizer bottom.
But it seems that my unit is over threaded and my atomizer will not
tighten it clicks and loose never tightens without slipping out of place.
I can use it but the heater goes on and off when you move the carb cap.

Cheers, medicalmark
Mark van vliet

Hi Mark that is weird! We will be issuing you a call tag for that one so we can study what was wrong with it!

In the mean time a new unit will be in the mail tomorrow for you

medicalmark

Medicalmark
Well besides my overwhelming bad luck lol, from what I’ve been able to sum up so far is that even using a little dab in the bucket seems to seep out some how, likeLy the splatter of the oil in the bucket.
My unit didn’t work right and I don’t know if it is working correctly now but the dabs I was able to try with the ti bucket were extremely smooth and tasted very nice.
The bubbler works very well nice action and again smooth sound the dab very well.
The form factor of the carta is very modern and small and l like the texture of it nice and grippy with a modern look.
I didn’t think it was going to be so small pics are always deceiving and it the perfect size simple and the water tool works great no splash back at all.
I haven tried the quartz bucket and won’t be able to until my new unit gets here had some weird over heating happening and I think it fused my atomizer together cause I cannot leftytighy righty loosen theing apart.

Anyway so far so hot and awesome to bad I can’t really try it working as it’s supposed to but at least I’ve had a couple of dabs working right or not what I’ve experience so far tasted awesome and the carta milked nicelywith no effort but I didn’t use much and it didn’t seep under the atty around the seal by the air path.
Like other have said, I think if the atomizer was taller with a taller bucket it wouldn’t be able to splat the oil upwards, but ideally if you could put some kind of flat ridge around the inside of the cap below the air holes which are slits maybe it would help the oil from coining int9mthe atomizer and hit the top of the flay ridge instead.

Just a idea, cheers medicalmark

PhreedomPhries

High Plains Drifter
Well besides my overwhelming bad luck lol, from what I’ve been able to sum up so far is that even using a little dab in the bucket seems to seep out some how, likeLy the splatter of the oil in the bucket.
My unit didn’t work right and I don’t know if it is working correctly now but the dabs I was able to try with the ti bucket were extremely smooth and tasted very nice.
The bubbler works very well nice action and again smooth sound the dab very well.
The form factor of the carta is very modern and small and l like the texture of it nice and grippy with a modern look.
I didn’t think it was going to be so small pics are always deceiving and it the perfect size simple and the water tool works great no splash back at all.
I haven tried the quartz bucket and won’t be able to until my new unit gets here had some weird over heating happening and I think it fused my atomizer together cause I cannot leftytighy righty loosen theing apart.

Anyway so far so hot and awesome to bad I can’t really try it working as it’s supposed to but at least I’ve had a couple of dabs working right or not what I’ve experience so far tasted awesome and the carta milked nicelywith no effort but I didn’t use much and it didn’t seep under the atty around the seal by the air path.
Like other have said, I think if the atomizer was taller with a taller bucket it wouldn’t be able to splat the oil upwards, but ideally if you could put some kind of flat ridge around the inside of the cap below the air holes which are slits maybe it would help the oil from coining int9mthe atomizer and hit the top of the flay ridge instead.

Just a idea, cheers medicalmark
That last suggestion is a good idea. A little rim to catch oil around the outside of the cup.

PhreedomPhries,

Fkn0wned

Update from me,

I have been trying the traditional way of dabbing instead of cold loading but doing a preheat before hand as @Hoosier said he was doing and from what I am seeing it isn't as messy as the cold loading starts but I haven't done as many dabs traditional method as I did cold loading yet so more time will tell.

But here is another picture of the Carta more of an appreciation post I have a @clayball_glass ball cap on there at the moment it fit pretty decent and I got it pretty cheap at a local shop, I'm going to be keeping my eyes open for a slightly smaller one but other than that the actual bottom end is about the same length as the cap the Carta came with.

20190218-171048.jpg

Last edited:

Ky-shun

Just put an order in for the Carta with the stock glass! Waiting for more options to upgrade.

I will be putting up high quality photos of the device when it’s in my hands and will possibly do a video review / feedback video. I will keep y’all updated.

Overall, on paper, this device seems great and I hope the best for it.

If the official apps looks ugly/doesn’t perform well, I will probably redesign it and offer it up to @FocusV (I do this type of stuff for fun and for a living)

@FocusV do you know when orders placed this week will ship? I placed one at 810 PM PST on Monday without the Helix option!

Ky-shun,
Reactions: FocusV

medicalmark

Medicalmark
Well it’s defenately a smooth dab vape, much smoother then the peak hands down.
Too bad I can’t try the quartz inserts. If the ti insert is this good I’d love to tr6 the taste of the quartz

medicalmark,
Reactions: FocusV

Fkn0wned

Can't wait to hear the news on the changes I watched the little live stream you did last night as well wasn't able to catch it live but I watched the recording and you had mentioned you were going to talk about it after the first dab you took but I guess it slipped your mind and you just continued on changing glass and dabbing away.

But a write up would be just as good also are there already some prototypes made up or testing being done on the new ones and possibly any ideas on when testers should start seeing them do you think it would be before official release or we would just recieve them in the final version kit?

Fkn0wned,

medicalmark

Medicalmark
Anyone have a malfunction with your carta where you turn it on and the atomizer just roars scorching red pulsating red like a torch I guess blue lights stay on and you have to take the batteries out to turn it off?
First time I turned mine on it did this and now I can’t take my atomizer apart it’s like it fused together from the heat of the red hot atomizer.
Let me know cause it hasn’t done it again but I have no idea if my unit is functioning right after this weird experience so I thought I’d see if anyone else had something similar.

Cheers, medicalmark

medicalmark,

Ferrusbuelker

Well I just got two atomizers in the mail. Was a little disappointed that no quartz was including especially since I paid for both of them and there is no option on the website about how to get replacement quartz. Also finding the actual products on the website isn’t very straight forward. You might want to rethink how to acces the store. I have to go to my cart and then click go back to shop to see the products. Also on most web search the website didn’t come up. Maybe it’s still in a beta phase.

I am enjoying the Carta, definitely gives tasty milky rips and is very efficient. For such a small atomizer it hits surprisingly hard. I’m using the quartz which does have a bit of overflow and splatter. I did notice when my quartz bucket is perfectly lined up there is less splatter. The device has a very solid feel to it, even the atomizer, although the reverse thread to put the cap back on still gets me a little bit.

I know there will be an app to control temps but don’t understand what the thought process was on the temps as I generally don’t go past the first light which is already pretty hot. I scorched my throat on third light. I do see a lot of uptemp potential in this device because you can uptemp the temps now mid dab by just pushing the button again I just wouldn’t want to at these temps. But I really like that feature, if I was starting at a baseline lower temp. I can give the dab a boost if needed.

@medicalmark I had the same issue yesterday where the atomizer got red hot but I think it was due to me hitting the button once a couple times which bumped up the temp to max.

Is it the cap that causing the splattering? I tried the stock puffco and spacewalk bubble neither milked the same way but I did notice less splattering. Anyway will be interested to hear about the new atomizers. Focus V give me temp control and deeper quartz bucket and a couple other tweaks and think this could be a mighty fine little dab machine.

medicalmark

Medicalmark
Hey there,

The atomizer getting red hot should never happen and mine stayed on seemed like forever and fused my atomizer together I can’t loosen the cap all my strength nothing so I haven been able to try the quartz dish.
, which would be awesome.
I like the smoorhness and efficiency, don’t understand why they don’t design a ridge around and just underneath air slits to prevent splatter from going strait up and in it would hit the ridge first.
Anyway let FV know about that red hot atomizer cause they wanted a video but a I can’t duplicate this random event.
Since this happened I can’t determine if my unit is working properly, this where the app would come in handy and tell me the actual temps right.
But after my red hot glowing atomizer experience I have no way of knowing again if it’s working right.
Know what I have experience was great so far, hit nicer then the peak, hands down.
Can’t wait to get my replacement and really test this thing out but I’ll be waiting at least a week and a half until I recieve it here in canada.

Cheers, medicalmark

Hoosier

Anyone have a malfunction with your carta where you turn it on and the atomizer just roars scorching red pulsating red like a torch I guess blue lights stay on and you have to take the batteries out to turn it off?
First time I turned mine on it did this and now I can’t take my atomizer apart it’s like it fused together from the heat of the red hot atomizer.
Let me know cause it hasn’t done it again but I have no idea if my unit is functioning right after this weird experience so I thought I’d see if anyone else had something similar.

Cheers, medicalmark

This was exactly that first dry run experience that I had posted about earlier in the thread

Fkn0wned

Mine did the red hot thing with the Titanium as well but only once I knew I was on a lower temperature setting but I noticed it just kept getting red until the whole thing was glowing so I quickly just held the button and shut it off manually.

I said something about it on my post on page 7 post #172 I don't really know what caused it but it hasn't happened since and besides the faulty quartz buckets and the spillover with the current Titanium everything has been pretty pleasant.

On @FocusV live stream today on IG he went over some changes to the atomizers they are doing all of them sound great can't wait to recieve one to test, good to hear the threads being widened as I mentioned as well as the turning direction indicators will be a nice change love the height of the bucket being increased as well.

One thing you mentioned that might be possible in the future I still think you should look into are the tapered buckets that widen towards the top.

Can't wait for more news and updates really would like one of those charliglass pieces.

ChooChooCharlie

Don't be stupid like me

Before trying to charge, remove the thin disk tabs from battery compartment. They are for safely shipping Carta, prevents contact, it won't turn on, or charge ... d'oh!!

When I plugged in, all lights blinked every second along with a buzz. After a half hour, I tried 5 clicks on, nothing. Then I decided to turn on my brain instead, and opened the battery compartment. Removed safety disks, all better.

(instructions say to insert batteries, must have been written prior to decision to ship with batteries installed, as per postal guidelines)

"Other than that, how was the play, Mrs. Lincoln?"

Later tonight dress rehearsal, then premier performance. Followed by face, and makeup, removal

medicalmark

Medicalmark
Kinda crappy that my atomizer is fused together and can’t come apart no matter how hard I try it will not
budge at all, so I can’t clean it properly and just using a Qtip isn’t working tried high temp burn but with no results just a black old bucket looks like shit and I would love to be able to try the quartz bucket.
So now there going to change the style of the atomizer a little to address some of these issues which is real
good since the one they have now works well despite the different issues and the new one should be even better if they don’t deter too much from there oroiginal atomizer.
Shoveled be a great improvement to the carta.
Remember guys lefty looser righty tightly but not the carta atomizer cap its righty loose lefty tightly reverse so don’t tighten by accident remember right to get loose

Cheers, medicalmark

medicalmark

Medicalmark
Well received my tracking for the glass pieces, can’t wait to se the action on these glass attatchements.
If these glass attatchements work as good as the oroiginal glass piece it will be a match in heaven.
With a new atty in the works and the herb atomizer soon to come it’s a good time to vape lol.
I’m hoping the herb chamber will be released to the beta buyers soon? that would be awesome.
As much as I like dabbing I prefer herb since I have so much of it lol.
Cheers, medicalmark

medicalmark

Medicalmark
I have so much of rosin as well I actually just pressed 2 oz of Girl Scout cookies and gg#4
At 190/200f- 100 micron produced some nice crumble like rosin light almost whitish so so sweet.
Also pressed some kief rosin so I’m good to go but I love variety anything I can produce from my medicine I produce, hash, rosin, kief, BHO, butter, edibles it’s alll good.
Wish I could show some pics but i can’t figure out how to upload some pics to this forum, it’s changed since yrs ago, lol

Top Bottom