1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannabis News

Discussion in 'Cannabis News and Activism' started by vtac, Jun 26, 2008.

1. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

Veterans are key as surge of states OK medical pot for PTSD
    Retired Marine staff sergeant Mark DiPasquale says the drug freed him from the 17 opioids, anti-anxiety pills and other medications that were prescribed to him for migraines, post-traumatic stress and other injuries from service that included a hard helicopter landing in Iraq in 2005.

cybrguy, Jill NYC, C No Ego and 3 others like this.
  2. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

one of the main obstacles there is only federal marijuana access is granted from the university of Mississippi... there are lots of Vets and that little school will not be able to keep up??? or is this the Feds' access into Legal Pot across the Country ? Or, is there laws in place to start allowing outside sources to supply federal needs? not exactly directed @macbill just sayin

3. macbill

My understanding is that the advocacy from veteran's groups is encouraging states to enact medical marijuana laws, and some states "to OK therapeutic pot as a PTSD treatment, though it’s illegal under federal law and doesn’t boast extensive, conclusive medical research".

A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. - Laozi

His_Highness and C No Ego like this.
  4. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

Absolutely.

With ramifications for PA's lame-ass (what else would one expect?) attempt to address the needs and wishes of the majority of its citizens:

How legal marijuana in N.J. will disrupt Pa.'s medical program: A Q&A with Duane Morris lawyers

This news has me very excited. I thought I was years away (at least) from being able to access recreational buds. As grateful as I have been to my black market acquaintance who takes proper care of me, I'm ready to be able to purchase what I want rather than what is available. I've been dreaming of a steady diet of sativas ever since I spent a weekend with dutch treat while on a trip to Seattle last year.

cybrguy, His_Highness and macbill like this.
  5. macbill

Marginally marijuana, but fascinating...
    Portugal’s radical drugs policy is working. Why hasn’t the world copied it?
    In 2001, ..... Portugal became the first country to decriminalise the possession and consumption of all illicit substances. Rather than being arrested, those caught with a personal supply might be given a warning, a small fine, or told to appear before a local commission – a doctor, a lawyer and a social worker – about treatment, harm reduction, and the support services that were available to them.

6. macbill

Let Marijuana Travel Between States If Guns Can, Dem Congressman Says

Republicans on Capitol Hill are pushing legislation this week that would allow people permitted to carry concealed guns in one state to bring their weapons with them when they travel, even if their destination state has more stringent requirements to qualify for concealed carry.

But if the GOP wants to do that, a Democratic congressman argues in a new video, they should also be in favor of forcing states to recognize protections granted under each another’s marijuana laws.

cybrguy, C No Ego, mitchgo61 and 3 others like this.
  7. macbill

LA Times Editorial:
    Back off, Jeff Sessions. California and other states should be able to legalize and regulate pot on their own

Late last month, Sessions told reporters that his office was looking “very hard” at recreational marijuana. “It’s my view that the use of marijuana is detrimental, and we should not give encouragement in any way to it, and it represents a federal violation, which is in the law and is subject to being enforced,” he said, adding that the department was working toward a “rational policy.”

His_Highness likes this.
  8. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

it would be nice to see where in our constitutional laws it states- no human you cannot eat or consume plants or you go to jail ? WTF the real confusion is calling cannabis plants drugs?? if they cannot figure out the difference and will not listen to the people we are in big trouble

cpk, macbill and MinnBobber like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors