1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannabis News

Discussion in 'Cannabis News and Activism' started by vtac, Jun 26, 2008.

1. MinnBobber

MinnBobber Well-Known Member

Adult Use Laws Do Not Adversely Impact Traffic Fatality Rates
    The enactment of statewide laws regulating the adult use and sale of cannabis is not associated with subsequent changes in traffic fatality rates, according to an analysis of traffic safety data published in June in the American Journal of Public Health. "We found no significant association between recreational marijuana legalization in Washington and Colorado and subsequent changes in motor vehicle fatality rates in the first three years after recreational marijuana legalization," authors concluded. Another study published last year in the same journal reported that the enactment of medical marijuana legalization laws is associated with a reduction in traffic fatalities compared to other states, particularly among younger drivers.

grokit, cybrguy, GetLeft and 5 others like this.
  2. GetLeft

GetLeft Well-Known Member

3. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

If you can't directly lop off the head of gun ownership in one stroke then kill it incrementally with one smaller cut after another. What is sad is that it won't work, we all know how long people have been ignoring gun and MJ laws in this country.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  4. Silver420Surfer

Silver420Surfer Well-Known Member

grokit, GetLeft and macbill like this.
  5. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

Any way possible those in office that oppose cannabis will do anything to curtail the use. Interesting that alcohol is more of a problem with violence when folks get drunk. When you use cannabis you sit on the couch and watch TV and listen to music - make a pan of Rice Krispy Treats.....

YaMon, GetLeft, cybrguy and 3 others like this.
  6. Silver420Surfer

A bit of a narrow view, eh?(I know you didn't mean it maliciously but that's just helping to keep alive the myth of the lazy, shiftless, stoner imo.)
    When I medicate, some things on my list are, parenting, caring for an elderly relative, cutting my grass, reading, drawing.

grokit, mitchgo61, GetLeft and 3 others like this.
  7. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

@Silver420Surfer I was comparing alcohol to cannabis. Not trying to perpetuate a myth. Sometimes we do sit on the couch and listen to music or watch TV and sometimes we have responsibilities to take care of. Most cannabis users don’t get violent is what I was getting at.

Happy New Year everyone.

grokit, YaMon, DeeCee5 and 12 others like this.
  8. howie105

howie105 Well-Known Member

My mom said I was a lazy and shiftless kid, that was before I lit things up. Now my wife claims I am just lazy but the way I see it pot has improved my life, Anybody know what shiftless means, is it like an automatic transmission?

9. cybrguy

cybrguy Patience Rewards

Happy New Year to everyone. I think this is gonna be a big year for Cannabis and its worldwide acceptance.

10. Silver420Surfer

I don't have a link yet unfortunately, but I have it on good authority that a large Florida bank has agreed to work with Florida's burgeoning medical marijuana industry. :clap::clap::tup:
    May or may not see it in the news there tomorrow. As soon as I get a link I will update.

11. OldNewbie

OldNewbie Well-Known Member

12. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

His_Highness and macbill like this.
  13. Pimpslapper

Pimpslapper Well-Known Member

14. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

15. Poostuff

Poostuff Well-Known Member

cybrguy and macbill like this.
  16. DeeCee5

DeeCee5 Masshole and proud of it

...And now a message from US Attorney Andrew Lelling; a Trump appointee who took office on Dec. 21 on his take regarding recreational marijuana dispensaries in Massachusetts.
    :disgust:
    The top federal prosecutor in Massachusetts on Monday refused to rule out a crackdown on regulated marijuana companies, setting the state up as a front line in the war between President Trump’s administration and the dozens of states where cannabis is legal for recreational or medical use.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ey/ESFSOneZK2FKF2WtBWyQkL/story.html#comments

17. macbill

macbill Soy zurdo, sordo, y cerdo

BLACK PEOPLE MORE PRONE TO EFFECTS OF MARIJUANA DUE TO 'GENETICS,’ ‘CHARACTER MAKEUP,’ KANSAS REPUBLICAN SAYS

Kansas State Representative Steve Alford said Sunday blacks are more affected by marijuana because of their “character makeup” and “their genetics” when trying to explain why drugs should be “outlawed” to a room of 60 people—none of whom were African American.

Alford made the comment during a legislative coffee session in response to a comment that marijuana would offer an economic boost to Kansas.

18. grampa_herb

grampa_herb CO2 Oil bigot

19. florduh

florduh Well-Known Member

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Remember to vote all of these motherfuckers out in November.

grokit, cybrguy, DeeCee5 and 7 others like this.
  20. OldNewbie

Apparently, the Trump administration, under Sessions, has stopped prosecution of three of the five arrested and prosecuted by the Obama administration.

https://assets.documentcloud.org/documents/4343300/Kettle-Falls-Five-Dismissal.pdf
    http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/jan/03/3-of-kettle-falls-five-pot-convictions-vacated/

Because the dismissal was "without prejudice", it is possible some of the charges can be refiled. I suspect they won't be.

21. florduh

This is great news. Though forgive me if I'm not ready to throw Jeff Sessions a ticker tape parade just yet.

Two days after the dismissal, on the same day Sessions tore up the Cole Memo, he appointed a new US Attorney to the Eastern District of Washington. I'm sure it was just a coincidence.

grokit, His_Highness and OldNewbie like this.
  22. OldNewbie

Ticker tape for 'ol Jeffey? You can be assured there is no one reading who will attend. But, for Jeffey to reach the evil of Obama...I just don't see it. (Some might say, that as in the case of the Five, it is the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment hat has limited the Administration(s) and not a memo. If 'ol Jeffey gets Congress to not renew that, then we might see a reversion to the dark times of Obama.)

[​IMG]

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/25/obama-pot-_n_3479283.html

grokit likes this.
  23. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 I go where the thrills are

24. florduh

I'm not 100% convinced yet.

The US Attorney said:

“We have also prosecuted large-scale marijuana distribution organizations and did so even while operating under the recently rescinded DOJ guidance. Prosecution of drug possession cases has not been a priority.”

I was never concerned that the Feds would start prosecuting end users. I am concerned that they will work to dismantle the legal cannabis market. Nothing this guy said has quelled my fears.

25. mitchgo61

mitchgo61 I go where the thrills are

I don't disagree, but at the moment there is no retail structure here in ME to disrupt. The only legal sales are MMJ and they cannot currently go after that. The only likely affect this will have here is to further delay the setup of retail recreational business, which, unfortunately, our minority-elected governor has been trying to do since we passed the law.

(The one "large scale" operation they disrupted was a farm the feds had been investigating under Obama....it went on for over three years before they finally busted the guy. He had 1000s of kilos of weed....it was most definitely "large scale".)

grokit likes this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors