1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannabis News

Discussion in 'Cannabis News and Activism' started by vtac, Jun 26, 2008.

1. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

They got the chronic heebie jeebies, panicked and pushed the button. They should have put on some Allman Brothers, chilled out and walked back down.

Kids can't hold de smoke.

macbill, StickyShisha, grokit and 3 others like this.
  2. Krazy

Krazy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the news links everyone.

Crap, that's me!

If I went down 3,209 ft I would still be higher than England's highest mountain, lol,.

3. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

WTF!?!?! I've been using cannabis for more than 4 decades and never experienced anything like not being able to walk. Not wanting to walk...sure. Not being able to walk...never. And never had a case of the "paranoids" so severe I was incapacitated. Hell...I've used LSD back in the day and even that couldn't mentally stop me from walking. What the heck were they smoking? Was elevation a factor somehow?

Geez...I hate it when something like this makes us cannabis consumers look so stupid.:doh:

anasrzi, DeeCee5, Vapor_Eyes and 9 others like this.
  4. CarolKing

CarolKing Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur

I could see that happening with edibles. These folks must be newbies to weed.

I've never heard a story like this in WA state where I live. They mountain climb here too and cannabis is legal.

5. His_Highness

His_Highness In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

Good point on the edibles ... I saw the term "smoking" and did ass-u-me that was the method used.

Vapor_Eyes and cybrguy like this.
  6. CarolKing

September 26, 2017
    Acting DEA chief Rosenberg is stepping down

Chuck Rosenberg, who has been the acting administrator of the Drug Enforcement Administration since 2015, said Tuesday he’ll be leaving the job.

That means President Donald Trump will get to appoint a successor.

It also means the DEA could reverse course on a cannabis-related policy announced in August 2016 to grant more research permits to scientists who want to study marijuana.
    That along with several other policy points, has led Rosenberg to butt heads with other members of the Trump administration, The Washington Post reported.

Just last month, news broke that the Justice Department, led by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, has been stifling the issuance of those cannabis research permits that the DEA promised over a year ago.

Although it’s not clear who will succeed Rosenberg, one strong possibility is Col. Joseph Fuentes, head of the New Jersey State Police, the Post reported.

Daily News | Briefs | National Medical Cannabis Business & Marijuana Legal News

Im assuming he will appoint someone who is anti cannabis. That's what he's done with every other appointee. He's made sure it was the worst choice possible. Like the secretary of Education and the head of the EPA. Expect the worst and hope for the best IMO.
    CK

7. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

8. BabyFacedFinster

BabyFacedFinster Capo di tutt'i capi

9. CarolKing

I thought the partial paralysis was odd as well. Not sure if the brownies have been completely anylized? There might be more info later on.

Edibles can have a bad reaction for someone who uses cannabis on a daily basis let alone someone who is less familiar with it.

10. Lilinda

Lilinda New Member

What do you think can you donate blood if you are a Cannabis user? I think everyone must be interested in this question because each of us may become donator or a person who needs blood one day. It is important to know what the American Red Cross Says About Cannabis and Donating Blood. Learn more here:https://essencevegas.com/blog/cannabis-users-need-to-know-donating-blood/

11. macbill

macbill Gregarious Misanthrope

Last year there were more arrests for marijuana than for violent crime

Despite spreading marijuana legalization and a growing desire for new directions in drug policy, the war on drugs continues unabated. According to the FBI's latest Uniform Crime Report, released Monday, overall drug arrests actually increased last year to 1.57 million, a jump of 5.63 percent over 2015. The increase includes marijuana arrests, which jumped by more than 75,000 last year compared to 2015, an increase of 12 percent.

12. macbill

CarolKing, Vapor_Eyes and grokit like this.
  13. macbill

29 states have legal pot. Jeff Sessions wants to stamp it out, and he's closer than you think
    What has become known as the Rohrabacher-Farr amendment constitutes a single paragraph of federal law. It prohibits the Justice Department from spending even a cent to prosecute medical marijuana users and sellers operating legally under state laws. Since its passage, it has largely shut down efforts by federal prosecutors or drug enforcement officials to interfere with otherwise legal sales of marijuana in 29 states and the District of Columbia that have passed legalization measures.

Squiby, CarolKing, C No Ego and 3 others like this.
  14. CarolKing

[​IMG]

Report: Melissa Etheridge arrested for marijuana possession
    Posted: Oct 14, 2017 1:36 PM PDTUpdated: Oct 14, 2017 1:36 PM PDT
    George DuMontier, Digital Producer, Meredith
    Melissa Etheridge was arrested for marijuana possession in North Dakota, according to reports from TMZ.

Etheridge's tour bus was stopped in North Dakota on her way back to the United States from Canada. A K-9 officer helped officers find marijuana oil on her tour bus and the artist later plead guilty to possession of a controlled substance.

Etheridge has been a major proponent for medicinal marijuana after using it herself in a fight against breast cancer. She recently published a personal statement recounting her experience.

Coming up in the business in the 1980's, I saw plenty of drugs, but it never really appealed to me. I'm not even much of a drinker. But when I was diagnosed with cancer in 2004, I found that there was one substance that helped me through: Cannabis.

Marijuana is legal in California where Etheridge currently lives. She's originally a Kansas native, and is scheduled to sing the National Anthem Sunday at the NFL game between the Kansas City Chiefs and the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017 at 1:08 AM
    macbill, Squiby, Adobewan and 4 others like this.
  15. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

Ain't that some shit. Breast cancer survivor in jail for some flower oil medicine, feds wake the hell up.

StickyShisha, DeeCee5, grokit and 8 others like this.
  16. djurodjakovic

djurodjakovic Active Member

they will never wake up, it's not in theirs interest. you need to MAKE them wake up.

17. C No Ego

C No Ego Well-Known Member

@CarolKing I just couldn't like your post even though it stirred some type of resistance for sure.. of course it had to be Dakota something or another or Kansas arresting people for healing themselves with nature ?? what a bunch of flukes (fucks) of nature damn

grokit, Squiby and His_Highness like this.
  18. macbill

19. psychonaut

psychonaut High as fuck

Real higher education :tup:

macbill, anasrzi, grokit and 4 others like this.
  20. muunch

muunch hotboxing the cockpit

The course number is CH420. That's pretty cool they did that haha. Too bad undergrad only!

grokit, C No Ego and His_Highness like this.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors