Cannabis News

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Who's to say how bad your pain is. If you've gone through different remedies for your pain why should you be forced to use something like Ibuprofen that will ruin your kidneys?

I can no longer take any traditional anti iflammatories because if I do my kidney level drops. I was temporarily on Oxycodine type medications. I also used cannabis at the time. I was going to be on the pain killers long term but they needed me to sign that I didn't use any illegal drugs. I sign paperwork not realizing I would be forced to take a drug test. At the end of my office visit I was told to go to the lab. I questioned what test? Oh, in the paperwork it stated that you would need to take a drug test. I didn't see that part.

So when I left I decided that the pain killing medications didn't help me as much as the cannabis did. I didn't take the drug test and called the doctor's office when I got home and said I didn't want to risk being on another pharmaceutical long term. I didn't want to become addicted even if it was going to be controlled.

I have no other options for pain. I've had several operations for arthritis, the calcium build up between my joints. They sand things down and clean off the bone spurs. There are over 100 types of arthritis. Mine might be different than regular osteoarthritis. I've had several epidural steroids shots.

They wanted to label this Fibromyalgia, which is really a catch all phrase when they don't know what's wrong when you have pain in several areas. I told my family doc this and he agreed with me.

So if I were told I couldnt use cannabis or if you were told that for a disease similar to what's going on with me it would be an injustice. We would end up doing it anyway - illegally labeling us a criminal if caught. How absurd.

Ridiculous that they aren't allowing flowers in Pennsylvania and other areas of the states. . Maybe that can be changed. Sorry so long.

Last edited:

MinnBobber

Who's to say how bad your pain is. If you've gone through different remedies for your pain why should you be forced to use something like Ibuprofen that will ruin your kidneys?
Yup, intractable/ need to have tried reasonable med treatments first, can really bite you in the butt.
If they make folks try "big pharma" first, that will suck bigtime!

GetLeft

Great post @CarolKing on many levels. What's obvious with your situation and what @MinnBobber says shows that when push comes to shove, no one's really thinking about anything other than how cannabis will cut into big pharma's wallet. Except the mj industry. Little by little that money will start making sense to a lot more people, and laws will change. Sad that it won't have been for the right reasons, the reasons we think our elected officials should be doing things.

I recall shaking my head when I read that 'not available for smoking' thing but recall reading subsequently that it will be available for vaporizing... Whatever that means. Oils for vaping? I'll google it up and see what I find....

EDIT

Here's some language from the bill regarding conditions:

22(16) Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic
23origin or severe chronic or intractable pain in which
24conventional therapeutic intervention and opiate therapy is
25contraindicated or ineffective.

Interesting that this language has some 'or' to it, and 'contraindicated.' A doctor could make the call regarding pain level; could also opt to bypass opiates if there were a reason. Both good things, probably.

They're using language that allows for flexible medical treatment while clearly putting up roadblocks for recreational use:

1(2) Subject to regulations promulgated under this act,
2medical marijuana may only be dispensed to a patient or
3caregiver in the following forms:

4(i) pill;

5(ii) oil;

6(iii) topical forms, including gel, creams or
7ointments;

8(iv) a form medically appropriate for administration
9by vaporization or nebulization, excluding dry leaf or
10plant form until dry leaf or plant forms become
11acceptable under regulations adopted under section 1202;

12(v) tincture; or

13(vi) liquid.

14(3) Unless otherwise provided in regulations adopted by
15the department under section 1202, medical marijuana may not
16be dispensed to a patient or a caregiver in dry leaf or plant
17form.

22(c) Edible medical marijuana.--Nothing in this act shall be
23construed to preclude the incorporation of medical marijuana
24into edible form by a patient or a caregiver in order to aid
25ingestion of the medical marijuana by the patient.

Last edited:

GetLeft

Great read,@Gunky! Thanks!

A little music to my ears. Since I started vaping around a year ago I've been a daily partaker. Some people say it helps them at this, others at that. For me it's exactly what this guy says. It just puts me in a place I like to be. Where the every day stuff is fun and new. Where cooking is fun and cleaning up dishes isn't a hassle necessarily. This time last year I was on an extended break from my regular work routine, and really sensed how nice it would be to be retired. I wouldn't be bored for a second. Not super productive necessarily (heck, I'm not super productive ever, really). But contented and appreciative of life. And that's due to mj, in part.

Now to finish with my bloody taxes so I can jump in again. Nothing makes doing taxes more fun.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
The Supreme Court Passes Up a Chance to Ban a Terrible Sentence

It is pretty hard to make a straight-faced case in support of a mandatory sentence of life without parole for simple possession of marijuana.
Unfortunately, such sentences will continue to be legal for now, following the Supreme Court’s refusal on Monday to hear the appeal of Lee Carroll Brooker, a 75-year-old disabled veteran currently serving a mandatory life without parole sentence in Alabama.

MinnBobber

following the Supreme Court’s refusal on Monday to hear the appeal of Lee Carroll Brooker, a 75-year-old disabled veteran currently serving a mandatory life without parole sentence in Alabama.
He grew some plants for his own medical consumption. Total with sticks and branches was 2.8 pounds.
Because of previous felony conviction 20 years earlier, automatically got life in prison BUT
Supreme Court passes on this/ says that is OK ................. WTF is going on here in US?????

GetLeft

Does the SC know something we don't? Perhaps a pending move by the fed. govt. to decriminalize? Would that be one of the things Obama would take care of on his way out? A final finger in the eye to the out of step fascist wings of our wonderful republic? A right back atcha to those who have been sticking all of their fingers and toes in his eyes for the past seven plus years? I hope so!

BD9

I'm thinking for serious clinical trials to start, MJ would have to be rescheduled. Which is a sad commentary on our supposed leaders clinging to antiquated beliefs on MJ.
I find stories like that of Dr.Sue Sisley who was given the go ahead to start a medical MJ study at the University of Arizona then an Arizona congressman stepped in blowing verbal diarrhea and the study was stopped and Dr. Sisley was fired from the university.
Then there are stories of little Charlotte Figi and other children who are being helped by this medicine, yet some of our elected leaders, mostly the party that refutes science! Climate change anyone? :rant:, won't allow proper studies. It's maddening. :hmm::argh:

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-...ld-allow-marijuana-extract-for-child-seizures

I'm politically active. I write my elected officials at both state and federal levels. Using our voices and votes may be how we actually get change.

Hmm, this came off sounding way more angry than I had intended. Sorry..........

Last edited:

CuckFumbustion

Lo and Behold! The transformative power of Vapor.
I wonder if there is any data about 4/20 sales boosting the National economy. Like say with Christmas, only not so much with mistletoe.
No Seriously curious. I want to see a graphs and pie charts and venn diagrams n' stuff by year if possible.

It enters into the 6 months of events that are converging ATM, like I mentioned in an earlier post.:tinfoil: (DEA, Obama and DC capital pressure.Purple issue, More med states added and Goveners being proud to sign bills and hold press events after signing, etc)

howie105

Without national leadership it turns into a states rights issue which allows form two big things to occur. First the federal government gets to remain somewhat above the fray and state power players get to stage whatever approach best fits their needed MJ stance, be it continued repression to legalization or a half step like classic decriminalization or medical use. However rest assured that one bright and wonderful day we will all be able to score MJ from Walmart once the profit figures are proven by the little guys.

CuckFumbustion

from that Article.
Federal legislation to legalize marijuana will be ready in a year, Canada's health minister told the UN at a special session of the General Assembly in New York today.'

Now, I know It's happening. The UN policies and Canada's role in the UN being the biggest hurdle for Legalization. Good Luck!

Pot etiquette CBC article. Let all the d-bags and knuckleheads you know that MJ legalization doesn't mean douche nozzle behavior becomes legal.:razz: I've posted about etiquette in the FC posts before. But I'm no Emily Post myself.
Pot etiquette: How to behave when marijuana is legalized in Canada

Last edited:

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
Change is coming and it can't be stopped now. Even if it's not perfect I think we should try to get our foot in the door where ever possible.

Dana Larsen is saying, by the time our governments catch up in 2 years with marijuana laws and studying the drug we will already have dispensaries in every city. They will be forced to use the dispensaries as that's what people will be used to using. I'd rather see local people selling the product who are passionate and knowledgeable about the subject over any liquor store or pharmacy.

NDP Leader Tom Mulcair told reporters he believes the legalization policy proposed by the Liberals is just another broken promise. He says the only thing the Liberals have done so far is appoint Bill Blair.

"There are thousands and thousands of mostly young people who will have criminal records for the rest of their lives because Justin Trudeau did not respect his promise to legalize marijuana as soon as he took office," he says.

Mulcair says if the Liberal government found the issue too complicated they should immediately decriminalize marijuana and address complex issues like supply later.

"It's a massive waste of time, effort and energy of our entire criminal justice system," he said.

Amazing there's one political leader that actually is talking sense through all of this. Justin Truedeau has handled this matter extremely poorly.

Last edited:

gaseous_clay

Getting baked on Passover not just for matzah, rabbi rules

Leading ultra-Orthodox authority blows away the haze, plants seed for marijuana use over the festival of freedom

Getting baked on Passover is no longer just for matzah, a leading Orthodox rabbi ruled, after sniffing (but not smoking) some cannabis leaves recently.

Rabbi Chaim Kanievsky, widely considered the leading living ultra-Orthodox halachic authority, ruled that marijuana is kosher for Passover and can be either eaten or smoked over the eight-day Jewish festival, during which strict dietary laws apply.

Kanievsky gave the ruling in response to a question from the pro-marijuana group Siach, meaning both plant and conversation.

http://www.timesofisrael.com/getting-baked-on-passover-not-just-for-matzah-rabbi-rules/

BD9

I've heard the laws in D.C. are a little different from other states that have legalized.
In D.C. you can grow your own medicine (not sure if there's a limit on number of plants allowed) and smoke almost anywhere excluding federal grounds. So far, so good right? Now here's the but. You can't sell. You have to give away your buds. You can give up to an ounce to one person.

So you can grow, smoke, but not sell. Would this be acceptable if your state had this exact law? Or would you want full legalization, no if's, ands or buts?

To me, in my humble opinion, it would be very acceptable. What are your thoughts?

Pipes

Addicted DIY Enthusiast
Accessory Maker
It's gone rampant already. Us Canucks can even buy on line now. Just Google "cannabis on line Canada". The guys with papers get a 10% discount. All some ask is proof of age at 21. Others just tick a box. Little pricey though. Everything is in a "fuzzy" state. Cops don't even know what to do ...lol
Definitely moving in the right direction.

Winegums

I make things from wood
Accessory Maker
It's gone rampant already. Us Canucks can even buy on line now. Just Google "cannabis on line Canada". The guys with papers get a 10% discount. All some ask is proof of age at 21. Others just tick a box. Little pricey though. Everything is in a "fuzzy" state. Cops don't even know what to do ...lol
Definitely moving in the right direction.
It's a political disaster in my eyes. It puts the police in a tough spot where they're told by their uppers to do one thing while the public hates them for doing it. Mean while the public is also stabbing their fingers at the Federal government wondering why they haven't changed the laws. All the delay is causing is chaos and bad feelings all around.

CuckFumbustion

I've heard the laws in D.C. are a little different from other states that have legalized.
In D.C. you can grow your own medicine (not sure if there's a limit on number of plants allowed) and smoke almost anywhere excluding federal grounds. So far, so good right? Now here's the but. You can't sell. You have to give away your buds. You can give up to an ounce to one person.

So you can grow, smoke, but not sell. Would this be acceptable if your state had this exact law? Or would you want full legalization, no if's, ands or buts?

To me, in my humble opinion, it would be very acceptable. What are your thoughts?
I think if you can grow and trade tomatoes from your garden, then you can the same for MJ.
You can get into trouble now, if you sell your home grown tomatoes to a restaurant or supermarket. A farmer's market will allow local tomatoes to be sold as a locally grown product without all the rules that apply to a retail outfit. I think, under the right conditions you should be able to buy things like unpasteurized milk and uncured MJ. I get free food from people's gardens a lot. Sometimes I'm forced to take cucumbers and squash home. Now Senior's will be giving me the same squash and cukes with a few buds mixed in. :lol:
When you sell something that isn't say a rummage sale, there is sales tax involved. Another area to be avoided.:worms:

For some who don't partake at ALL, their main purpose of removing prohibition is take money out of the hands of organized crime. This is essential in eradicating all the negative aspects of the black market. Any measure to take that element out first, then focus on personal sales. Person to person.

I have no problems with people trading buds at all. In fact there should be a national strain registry in case there is another medical breakthrough that could benifit from such a goldmine of information. I am 100% opposed to certain strains being copyrighted like Monsanto and Phillip Morris would like.

I would allow someone to sell MJ legally if they agreed to certain saftey and food standards and would have a health inspector visit once a year.I would encourage Hemp to be grown by everybody. Like it was the 1700's or 1940's. Hemp for victory!

In short, I understand DC's take on legal MJ and perhaps the why behind no sales. It does open up more than one can of worms, when you don't wan't to get with the retail and medical aspect of the issue.:worms: & :2c:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
Washington DC isn't interested in making money off the taxes at this time. That's the whole reason that the lawmakers in my state went along with legal weed but attached a lot of laws to it regarding cultivation and the sales of cannabis and its products derived from cannabis.

We also have the referendum process here so the citizens voted for cannabis to be legal knowing that the state would benefit from the taxes.

The regular person can't grow cannabis but it's legal in WA state.

Last edited:

howie105

I am in favor of free in my case but its not a model that will work for everyone, so there needs to be a range of options that work for the majority of all users and producers. Sadly MJ has been politicized so changes in the distribution model is being directed by people who see most things as a regulatory and commercialization issue. The fed just needs to drop most of its hammers and let the market evolve on its own as much as possible.

Top Bottom