Cannabis News

Seek

Apprentice Daydreamer
I probably wouldn't even be surprised if they re-sheduled it to Shedule 0 - several accepted medical anti-uses and cannot be used safely anywhere in the whole universe without erasing it from the very existence. :D
But seriouly, re-sheduling it down would be huge and needs to happen asap, like 30 years ago...

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
While I think it might be great (for availability) to take Cannabis completely off the drug schedule, I highly doubt that would happen. And (don't hit me) in actual fact I think it would be inappropriate for it to be completely removed as it IS a drug/medicine/substance that changes ones state of mind and DOES have medicinal effects. I think it would be more appropriately schedule III or IV than I, of course, but I don't personally think it should be unscheduled. Many scheduled drugs are freely available over the counter. Schedule I classification is totally ridiculous and always was, however, and should be changed immediately.

http://www.dea.gov/druginfo/ds.shtml

C No Ego

While I think it might be great (for availability) to take Cannabis completely off the drug schedule, I highly doubt that would happen. And (don't hit me) in actual fact I think it would be inappropriate for it to be completely removed as it IS a drug/medicine/substance that changes ones state of mind and DOES have medicinal effects. I think it would be more appropriately schedule III or IV than I, of course, but I don't personally think it should be unscheduled. Many scheduled drugs are freely available over the counter. Schedule I classification is totally ridiculous and always was, however, and should be changed immediately.

http://www.dea.gov/druginfo/ds.shtml

by itself in plant form it is not a drug. it is when we take it apart via heat( vaporizing) and absorb the molecules in an intent of consumption that makes it a drug. lab made forms of the cannabis molecules are the drugs too- the real "drug" ones.

howie105

The mission of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is to enforce the controlled substances laws and regulations of the United States and bring to the criminal and civil justice system of the United States, or any other competent jurisdiction, those organizations and principal members of organizations, involved in the growing, manufacture, or distribution of controlled substances appearing in or destined for illicit traffic in the United States; and to recommend and support non-enforcement programs aimed at reducing the availability of illicit controlled substances on the domestic and international markets.

This horrid cut and paste is from the opening of the DEA mission statement, it pretty much eliminates any chance of the DEA doing anything but continuing on a path that keeps MJ illegal. If the government was serious it would accept the copious amounts of validated research and move forward legislatively but that is not happening.

If you want to see the rest of the dodge here is a link to the rest of the mission statement http://www.dea.gov/about/mission.shtml it gets worse.

hd_rider

This horrid cut and paste is from the opening of the DEA mission statement, it pretty much eliminates any chance of the DEA doing anything but continuing on a path that keeps MJ illegal.

If that is the case, then why are they even bothering to discuss it? If the DEA was bent on keeping cannabis scheduled as is, I would think they'd be squashing any discussion around de- or rescheduling.

I wonder if this big DEA announcement has anything at all to do with the upcoming United Nations General Assembly Special Session on Drugs (UNGASS) scheduled for April 18th.

Last edited:

howie105

If that is the case, then why are they even bothering to discuss it? If the DEA was bent on keeping cannabis scheduled as is, I would think they'd be squashing any discussion around de- or rescheduling.

I wonder if this big DEA announcement has anything at all to do with the upcoming United Nations General Assembly Special Session on Drugs (UNGASS) scheduled for April 18th.

I can see the DEA getting its marching orders from on high and moving MJ to a lower classification. However if one faces similar asset forfeiture, prison time and the hell of being a convicted felon for Class 2 drug charges like all the oxy dealers get, your still screwed. As to why we are talking about it (aside from being baked) its good to hear other peoples take on the news.

howie105,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Dear legislator,

I am writing to you as a mother — a heartbroken mom to a child with uncontrollable seizures. I am writing to you in hopes of you being a part in saving my kid’s life. Please hear me out. My son was born with a rare brain anomaly, and because of it he suffers from brutal, relentless, life-altering seizures. The seizures began at six months old and have progressively gotten worse. He doesn’t go one single day without jerking, spacing out, convulsing, or twitching. Can you imagine? Waking up every single day waiting for the seizures to start, then waiting every single day for the seizures to stop. Anticipating the next one all day long. That is my child’s day, every day. Seizures are the chairmen of the committee of our life. And it sucks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/katie-corkern/to-legislators-voting-on-_b_9636472.html

MinnBobber

I am writing to you as a mother — a heartbroken mom to a child with uncontrollable seizures. I am writing to you in hopes of you being a part in saving my kid’s life.
That says it all !!!!
WTF is going on when med MJ at least (and really legal MJ) is not legal everywhere when we know it's a miracle drug for epilepsy. I've seen it firsthand and it's truly a crime against humanity that it is not allowed everywhere for epilepsy. Families that have tried every known drug and treatment and finally are able to try cannabis and seizures go from 100 a day to maybe one a month in one case. Can you say miracle. And big pharm drugs they tried cost thousands yet none improved their child's seizures AND some added side effects :(

US hands out opiate painkillers like candy and they kill 16,000 a year but MJ might be too dangerous you know to allow for epilepsy ;)

And the list goes on of stupidity:
Top of my list along with epilepsy (which is the most dramatic proof of cannabis working) is the supreme need to allow med cannabis for PTSD. Especially needed for our vet heroes as 22 a day commit suicide.
Israeli study in progress described preliminary results as "Spectacular" yet no cannabis for most of PTSD patients.
Here in MN at vets memorial they are starting to set out 22 pairs of boots everyday for our fallen heroes.

Peace/

Last edited:

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It comes down to state legislation to change cannabis laws. Get folks in your legislature that will help change things. It's difficult for states that don't have the referendum process. Get involved with changing cannabis laws in your state. If you get medical cannabis in your state make sure it includes pain.

NORMAL has chapters all over the U.S

More and more states will either legalize cannabis recreationally or medically. Soon over half the states will have at least legal medical cannabis. Keep up the fight.

Last edited:

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker

gangababa

When is someone going to make a phone that looks like a gun and vape that looks like sticks of dynamite?
:\
WireAP_f25d2f510cb54777b379c67642722c70_16x9_1600.jpg

"On its website and Facebook page, Ideal Conceal has images that show something that looks like a phone in its case. But it can open into a .380 caliber gun. The site lauds its "high velocity, increased accuracy," and the weapon has a list price of $395."

gangababa,

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
What a stupid maneuver. Frankly they could charge him with disturbing the peace or something and fine him to try and make up some of the costs of having to shut the airport down or bring in the bomb squad or whatever. It's not like he couldn't anticipate a problem like this if his brain was on...

Joel W.

Deplorable Basement Dweller
Accessory Maker

Derrrpp

For the world is hollow and I have touched the sky

MinnBobber

Good for Pennsylvania! Looks like it won't be available in flower form, but it's better than nothing. At least chronic pain is a qualifying condition. Here in MN they decided not to add chronic pain to the list of qualifying conditions. :disgust: It's also prohibitively expensive here.

Hopefully PA gets it right...
........................................................................................
I just don't get the push to not allow Medical flowers, just conc. Take the world's finest herbage and deconstruct/reconstruct/ whatever to it.
And a report I saw stated that no flowers (which are cheap to raise), means the cost is 4X or 5X for the same effective amount :(

@Derrrpp I'm in MN too, and attended all the public info mtgs and there is still great bias/apprehension/ move to go forward as slow as possible until there are years more of research etc from within the State Health Dept that I have a hidden fear that I'll share:

MN Law is for "INTRACTABLE PAIN" which is much higher standard than for "CHRONIC PAIN".
Intractable talks about there being no known cure or help and you have to have made "reasonable efforts" thru (all?) other med remedies.
Way too much wiggle room to push folks to try the OXYkillers first/ that you haven't tried med remedies until you're tried extreme prescription painkillers.
I hope not, but fear they pushed that language for a reason....

We need legal bud to end this BS of only a few getting their medicine of choice.

Top Bottom