Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Singinsolo

Checked in with PIU and was told it's designed to draw slowly so that the exposure time to the heated air is extended. I'm using an arizer dome screen and removed the filter in the mouthpiece, per their instructions. I'm new to vaping so didn't know if it was working as it is supposed to or if something was wrong.

Singinsolo

another CF question. What does it mean when -while vaping- all the blue leds start blinking at once? I was taking a fairly deep hit and they just started blinking and it cut off and when I tried to turn it back on they started blinking again. Did I overheat it? Or is that perhaps a signal that it needed charging? Hope I haven't killed it :hmm:

NimbusVapor

Just got my cf last week but I am only getting 2 session per charge at 385 , is this inline with what people are experiencing? Also , for some reason my unit only takes half hour to charge with the usb cable, is that normal as well?

NimbusVapor,

Razshiro

Just got my cf last week but I am only getting 2 session per charge at 385 , is this inline with what people are experiencing? Also , for some reason my unit only takes half hour to charge with the usb cable, is that normal as well?

For me it's not normal, with a full charge you can get 7-8 session at least (5min+/session), my unit take more than 2.5 hours for full battery!

NimbusVapor

For me it's not normal, with a full charge you can get 7-8 session at least (5min+/session), my unit take more than 2.5 hours for full battery!

Thank you , I will contact PUI right now.

I must add that for the short time I have gotten to play around with this unit , I find it vapes .1 - .15 extremely well. It is definitely very efficient for people looking to vape small loads.

NimbusVapor,

stickstones

Vapor concierge

Agreed...sounds like a bad battery. It should take longer to charge and it should give you a hell of a lot more sessions.

Eatrocks

I dont think the temp display is accurate at all..it runs hotter than u think

It should take about 45 min to charge with a iPad charger or some other 2A plug.

Eatrocks,

murf2010

Have you read the thread? Not trying to be a dick, but I think that's the best way to determine the consensus. Otherwise, you'll just be getting one person's interpretation, right?

Just seeing some mixed reviews so I thought I'd get more direct reviews rather than comments on the device. Your right though, I get why you say that

murf2010,

grokit

well-worn member
The reviews have been mixed, but the consistent thing by consensus seems to be that the cf/x produce very effective vapor. The long-term viability of these vaporizers is hard to ascertain, as they are new devices. I have a cfx that is still in shrink wrap, I think I may onto it until my next tsa-type of trip so I can travel with it new; for this reason I hope it's not a dud. edit: but even if it is, they have what seems to be an excellent two-year warranty, that even explicitly includes batteries in the usa (compare w/b&s america coverage).
:haw:

As a travel vape it should be a highly complementary, high-tech companion for my grasshopper :tup:

Last edited:

jaidyn

As someone who just recently got their CFX, it is really a very good vape. Admittedly I have limited experience with vapes and am just coming from using the Flowermate v5.0s.
It is amazing! I primarily use a low temp of 180c and I get wonderful flavor, and even more vapor than I expected, although that is one feature of vapes that I don't really care about unlike most people it seems.
It is lighter than it looks, easy to take apart/clean, heats up as fast as everyone says, holds a ton of herb, and I personally don't find the draw resistance to be bad at all.
The mouthpiece doesn't get blazing hot, and the unit itself only get very warm on very high temps.
Again, because of my limited experience, this may not be as great in contrast to other things available. But I am VERY happy with this and it has readily become my preferred vape on place of my FM.

jaidyn

How smooth is the vapor quality? Is it harsh? Ever cough?
I personally find the quality good. Mind you, that isn't at all what I care about, but at 180c (356F), I got much more than I did with my Flowermate. It was wispy and not thick, but surprisingly good. I have not tried higher temps yet for my herbs, but with that result from 180, I believe I can expect great things with much higher temps when it comes to vapor.
I don't find it harsh at all and I have yet to cough with it. Although that may be simply because of such a low temp. I will try it on a much higher temp in a bit and give my thoughts on that if you like. That said, I am still very new to all this and I am sure more people here have much more extensive experience than I.:tup:

HoochIsCraaaazy

How are the CF/CFX vs something like the FF2? Is the FF2 worth double the money? Looking to upgrade from my MFLB as it doesn't seem to get me super baked anymore and it causes my throat to cough a lot. Don't need something super portable, just looking for quick heat up time, efficient, and not harsh vapor.

I think the grasshopper would be awesome but not willing to wait a year or however long they are taking to get orders out. The FF2 seems really nice, but not sure if it's worth the cash when the CFX can be had from PIU for around $150.

HoochIsCraaaazy,

RelaxedNow

Just seeing some mixed reviews so I thought I'd get more direct reviews rather than comments on the device. Your right though, I get why you say that

How smooth is the vapor quality? Is it harsh? Ever cough?

Ok, so you ARE looking for individual opinions. Well, then, here's mine....

I've benched my ESV and my Herbalizer, and am using primarily the CFX, with occasional use of my VapCap. I like the CFX far better than the ESV, for the battery life and the bowl size, as well as the ease of use. I still like the Herbalizer, but prefer the convenience of a portable.

I use the CFX at 360-380F. At these temps, it's smooth, and I never cough. I sometimes go as high as 390-395, but I find it too warm, and it can make me cough if I take too big a draw. Any higher, and I'm coughing for certain. I'm prone to coughing and sore throat if I vape at high temps with any device though, so consider that.

Good luck on your decision, @murf2010.

murf2010

I've benched my ESV and my Herbalizer, and am using primarily the CFX, with occasional use of my VapCap. I like the CFX far better than the ESV, for the battery life and the bowl size, as well as the ease of use. I still like the Herbalizer, but prefer the convenience of a portable.

I use the CFX at 360-380F. At these temps, it's smooth, and I never cough. I sometimes go as high as 390-395, but I find it too warm, and it can make me cough if I take too big a draw. Any higher, and I'm coughing for certain. I'm prone to coughing and sore throat if I vape at high temps with any device though, so consider that.

Hey I like it!! Thanks a lot man. I also have an herbalizer! Miss my mighty though and want something to fill the gap before my ff2 gets here! Also to ease the pain if the ff2 end up being a POS

Alright I bought one. Waiting now! Went with puffitup. So cheap for this vape it's almost risk free.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom