Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Justpassedu

Can you post a link showing the 'full release' of benzene & dioxins occur at 420? Thanks
If you look maybe 2 or 3 posts up you will see a link and if you click that link it will show you a temp chart and what temps release . You can also click through and see other charts as well.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: Vitolo

grokit

well-worn member
The main differences between CF and CFX:
Batteries - CFX 2 non-user replaceable
CF 1 non-user replaceable
Sessions per charge - CFX = CF
The = confuses me; doesn't the extra battery allow for more sessions with the cfx?

:hmm:

grokit,
Reactions: GOOREGON

Eatrocks

I tried the liquid pod with dry herb, flavor was less, not that great vapor. I filled almost full without the cotton, maybe it's cause I didn't try and season it by roasting the pod dry or with abv

Vitolo

Vaporist
Just a few points:
CFX heats up 3 times faster than Pax.
Similar density of vapor produced in both.
Pax requires a bit more dexterity to clean
CFX has wider spectrum of temperatures to choose from.
Pax is smaller, but does get hotter (not too hot to handle)
CFX gets more sessions per charge.

There are things to love about most vapes
My points above are just a couple differences, not meant to reflect my direct preference.

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

Thanks for all of your replies. The folks that frequent FC just want to help others and that is why so many love FC.

Stealth is not too much of an issue, I have a medical license as well as small vapes, if that was what I wanted.

I will most probably take a couple of edibles with me, but I think with 3-5 minutes vaping every hr or two may keep me out of pain and more in control.

Amplifix

Just a few points:

My points above are just a couple differences, not meant to reflect my direct preference.

What about flavor?

Amplifix,

Justpassedu

Just a few points:

I agree with all except the pax2 def gets a bit better battery life than the cfx. @Amplifix they both provide very nice flavor , 1st few hits are always the best with flavor tapering off as you get longer into your session.

Likes2vape

It looks my CFX has bit the dust!:( I used it yesterday morning and it worked fine. When I went to go use it later in the day it was just dead! No lcd display, won't turn on, doesn't show it's connected to the charger, nada. I sent an email to Eric @Boundless Vape Technology last night and am just waiting to hear back. I am super bummed!:cry::cry::cry: I'm going to order another one so I have a back up!!!

Likes2vape,

Justpassedu

I agree with @Justpassedu 's analogies, except I feel that I get a little bit better flavor with the CFX.
About the Pax... I felt that Pax 1 had a bit better flavor (and longer lasting sessions) than the Pax 2.
Still I like the taste of the Boundless a little more.
I really enjoy the taste of the boundless allot , it provides a shorter air path to travel through over the Pax2 , this is what most likely gives it a bit better taste but that's not to say the Pax2 doesn't taste nice as I was quite surprised when I received mine . I'd say taste is on par with the Pax1 imo. So I agree also that flavor is a bit better on the Cfx. I never really found much of a difference taste wise going from the p1 top p2. I have learnt the trick for taste and clouds with the pax is to just pack it really really tight until you cant fit any more flower and compress it down hard. This has always yielded me great taste and huge clouds , with the cfx I have found it will work well with a tight pack but even better for me with a somewhat loose pack so in that regard it is a bit easier to work with.

Justpassedu,

cpk

Brother of the Leaf
I just received my cfx. I am wondering if I have a charging problem. I plugged into a power strip for 4 hrs. The instructions says the battery icon should show when off. The icon showed 2 bars and went away. To see the status I had to unplug and plug to see the last bar still blinking. I turned it on and it shows fully charged. It shows 4 bars for 11 seconds and then drops to 3 bars for 3 seconds and then back up to 4 bars and repeats this cycle. I am just wondering if this is normal or should I return it for another unit
Thanks in advance for your replies. This is a great forum and glad I found it.

Amplifix

I really enjoy the taste of the boundless allot , it provides a shorter air path to travel through over the Pax2 , this is what most likely gives it a bit better taste but that's not to say the Pax2 doesn't taste nice as I was quite surprised when I received mine . I'd say taste is on par with the Pax1 imo. So I agree also that flavor is a bit better on the Cfx. I never really found much of a difference taste wise going from the p1 top p2. I have learnt the trick for taste and clouds with the pax is to just pack it really really tight until you cant fit any more flower and compress it down hard. This has always yielded me great taste and huge clouds , with the cfx I have found it will work well with a tight pack but even better for me with a somewhat loose pack so in that regard it is a bit easier to work with.

Sounds like I have to pick this one up, currently hesitating between this and a mighty... But not sure if it's worth putting 200 euros more for a mighty.

Amplifix,
Reactions: grokit

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Sounds like I have to pick this one up, currently hesitating between this and a mighty... But not sure if it's worth putting 200 euros more for a mighty.

You have any other vapes?

The Mighty is mighty worth it IMO but the CFX is a STEAL at the price point.

HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: Taz

RelaxedNow

I just received my cfx. I am wondering if I have a charging problem. I plugged into a power strip for 4 hrs. The instructions says the battery icon should show when off. The icon showed 2 bars and went away. To see the status I had to unplug and plug to see the last bar still blinking. I turned it on and it shows fully charged. It shows 4 bars for 11 seconds and then drops to 3 bars for 3 seconds and then back up to 4 bars and repeats this cycle. I am just wondering if this is normal or should I return it for another unit
Thanks in advance for your replies. This is a great forum and glad I found it.

@cpk, while charging, simply press the power button once, and the status will display.

Yeah, my battery level indicator fluctuates quite a bit while in use. I'm hoping they can eventually provide a firmware update to fix it. Still, it does provide a general idea of the charge level.

RelaxedNow,
Reactions: cpk

stickstones

Vapor concierge
The battery status is like a 'live' event. With a little less than a full charge the display will show a full four bars. Then when heating it will drop to 3 bars and then back to 4 when at rest. Then it keeps bouncing back and forth like this as it switches from heating to rest, and it does this all the way down to one bar. Since it heats up so quickly, you are never far from getting a reading while it is at rest.

Justpassedu

I agree Mighty is def worth it . It is on another level imo , great vape , copious amounts of vapor , super easy to use. Cfx is allot different , a great value for the price and a good vaporizer , it heats up quickly and gets the job done and the company has been real cool with everything , personally I'd grab both if money prevails but the mighty gets the edge imo.

Amplifix

I currently own a pax2, which is great for stealth / portability. I might pick up the mighty or firefly2 (comes out in about a month here). The price of the CFX has caught my eye, that's why i'm currently trying to get a comparison between these vapes.

Milkytime

Get the CF its 109$ basically 1/4 the price the mighty cant be 4x better than the CF.

As for the 15 extra degress on the CFX i dont even use my 415 degress setting as is, you wont miss the 430 setting at all. I use 385 then maybe finish at 400, never 415.

I dont see how 15 extra degress and optional chargeing are worth the extra 50$ or 1/3 the price of the vape.

Having it be pocket freindly and no giant light up screen for stealth are in fact huge benefits as well imo.

Last edited:
Milkytime,

Vitolo

Vaporist
I dont see how 15 extra degress and optional chargeing are worth the extra 50$
Some folks (me included) want a home use vape that has a very clear readout, and a larger form factor..... just minus the plug.
This is like a non-plugin home vape.
Some portables like the solo are not so great for travel and stealth but are great for moving about the yard, or from room to room (or even in the tub!).
CF is for those that want to use the unit out and about in a stealthier fashion.
Medical patients also like more precise single degree increments, rather than the general "high/medium/low" type settings on some vapes.
I know of a number of very low income patients that tried both units, but they scraped up the extra $$ for the CFX, due to the way they perceived the unit's function.
I feel the extra funds are worth the difference.
If a person is in a tight spot, they should go with the lower cost item in most cases, but some folks medical needs (or desires), indicate a different choice.

Different Strokes~

Top Bottom