Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

HoochIsCraaaazy

Yes, our next batch of CFs will have battery indicator, stealth mode, and 2 click temperature change instead of having to hold the button down to change temp. We currently have one demo unit and will post a video of that by tomorrow. The new batch should be in by the middle to late June.
Any news on if we can get a firmware update on existing CFX's to allow the screen to be turned off?

murf2010

Thats crazy!!! I'd be extremely upset if a $700 vape couldn't medicate me!

I've used an Underdog, CFX, Grasshopper, Arizer air, Pax 1, Firewood v3, Omnivap, I have also used a Volcano but that was almost 10 years ago.

Got a favorite? You'd love the Mighty

murf2010,

djchexxx

I think my favorite would have to be the Grasshopper out of all of them despite the quirks. I would have to say the CFX comes in 2nd. I'm thinking of picking up a lotus sometime in the near future and maybe an evo down the line. I would love to try out the Mighty but I cry a little inside every time I look at the price. I just can't justify it yet though I have been thinking about it for a while. Do you have a Mighty? @murf2010

Last edited:
djchexxx,
Reactions: grokit

Boundless Vape Technology

Manufacturer
I bought my CFX from PIU last weekend, do I qualify for the free WPA?
The promotion for the free WPA was for those who purchased from our website on or before 4/20/16, my apologies. They will be up on the website soon for purchase.

We are still working on getting the CFX a stealth mode but likely will not be ready for a few months.

HoochIsCraaaazy

The promotion for the free WPA was for those who purchased from our website on or before 4/20/16, my apologies. They will be up on the website soon for purchase.

We are still working on getting the CFX a stealth mode but likely will not be ready for a few months.
Thanks for the quick reply.

Two other questions. Does the mouth piece click into place, or is it more free spinning? Mine free spins and I just want to make sure that's normal.

Also, does the unit work best with leaving herb loose in the chamber or should you pack it down?

HoochIsCraaaazy,

Manufacturer
What is stealth mode?
Essentially turning off the screen while the device is still powered on. As of right now there is not a way to dim or shut the screen off while the device is running and we are working on a "stealth mode" to solve this concern. The CFX is harder to work with electronically which is why we were able to get the updates to the CF much quicker than the CFX.

Boundless Vape Technology,

HoochIsCraaaazy

Puff it up included an Arizer screen pack. It has two small caps and two flat mesh circles. I've seen the mods on Reddit using the easy load bowls, but they all show a long bowl and this is small.

Are people using the Arizer screens on this? If not, I'm not sure why PIU included them.

HoochIsCraaaazy,

djchexxx

Puff it up included an Arizer screen pack. It has two small caps and two flat mesh circles. I've seen the mods on Reddit using the easy load bowls, but they all show a long bowl and this is small.

Are people using the Arizer screens on this? If not, I'm not sure why PIU included them.
Yes, I switched out the bottom stock screen with a different screen for more air flow and also replaced the cap screen on the mouthpiece

jonnywinner

Yes, our next batch of CFs will have battery indicator, stealth mode, and 2 click temperature change instead of having to hold the button down to change temp. We currently have one demo unit and will post a video of that by tomorrow. The new batch should be in by the middle to late June.

@Boundless Vape Technology - It's awesome how quickly you respond to feedback from customers and actually make and implement changes to improve your vapes. But it's a bummer b/c my new CF just arrived today (free and fast from PIU! - still in the sealed box ... though I'm doing a burnoff on my new CFX as I type). Will the changes be able to be downloaded to the CF somehow? I'd really like to have a battery indicator and stealth mode on my CF. Thanks!

TheStruggle

Haha waiting at my mailbox. Be here today! I'm excited!

To be honest my expectations are not high at all. I had a Mighty in the past and so far I've never used anything that's as good as that unit, including the Herbalizer.

I'm really excited to try mine because the only vaporizer I've ever used is a knock-off Pax 2. Needless to say it sucked big time. Lol

TheStruggle,

murf2010

Who knows how to use the screens in the CFX? I'm confused. Two domed and 2 flat. Says their from arizer

murf2010,

Manufacturer
Thanks for the quick reply.

Two other questions. Does the mouth piece click into place, or is it more free spinning? Mine free spins and I just want to make sure that's normal.

Also, does the unit work best with leaving herb loose in the chamber or should you pack it down?

The top of the mouthpiece is free spinning but the base should only turn enough to unlock from the vape, not spin freely. Maybe email me some pics at Eric@bndlsvapes.com and I can take a look at it for you.

Personally I prefer the looser packed bowls.

@Boundless Vape Technology - It's awesome how quickly you respond to feedback from customers and actually make and implement changes to improve your vapes. But it's a bummer b/c my new CF just arrived today (free and fast from PIU! - still in the sealed box ... though I'm doing a burnoff on my new CFX as I type). Will the changes be able to be downloaded to the CF somehow? I'd really like to have a battery indicator and stealth mode on my CF. Thanks!

As of right now the updates are not downloadable but we are working on a program for those to upgrade. I will have more information on this in the next few days. My apologies.

HoochIsCraaaazy

This thing is awesome. I thought I got some really crappy herb because I wasn't feeling much for the past two weeks with MFLB. Same herb in the CFX tonight worked like a charm.

Yes, I switched out the bottom stock screen with a different screen for more air flow and also replaced the cap screen on the mouthpiece
Are both of those changes for increased air flow only or other benefits also? Are you using the easy load bowls also?

Last edited by a moderator:

murf2010

QUESTIONS:

How do you "burnoff"?

How do you load the bowl? tamp or no?

Which charger is better to use or is it personal preference?

Device just came and I'm charging it with wall charger not USB.

Also can someone explain how to use the screen provided? There are domed and flat and I'm just confused

Last edited:
murf2010,

subway13029

Who knows how to use the screens in the CFX? I'm confused. Two domed and 2 flat. Says their from arizer
Take off mouthpiece screen and use the arizer basket essentially in its place but it will just cap your load (basically sit on top of your herb) and the flat screen is to replace the foil looking screen in the bottom of the chamber(underneath where your herb would be) people have been using the longer elb to actually pack their herb inside of..it's a tight fit with those and no real benefit imho...so there ya go..make sure to remove the stock mp screen as it's got tiny holes and gets clogged fast.

murf2010

Take off mouthpiece screen and use the arizer basket essentially in its place but it will just cap your load (basically sit on top of your herb) and the flat screen is to replace the foil looking screen in the bottom of the chamber(underneath where your herb would be) people have been using the longer elb to actually pack their herb inside of..it's a tight fit with those and no real benefit imho...so there ya go..make sure to remove the stock mp screen as it's got tiny holes and gets clogged fast.

I don't get it. I unscrewed the original screen to the mouth piece and i have no idea how the domed screen is supposed to fit back on in its place? or do you shove it into the bowl? on page 19 it looks like the guy fit his on the mouthpiece did he use glue? mine don't just fit on, there is nothing for it to connect to.

Last edited:
murf2010,

subway13029

Mine doesn't connect to the mp either..I just plop into bowl after I pack..it's perfect fit..its main purpose is so bits of herb don't go into your mouth...ala the Original screen that would get clogged.

subway13029,
Reactions: Lamont

murf2010

Mine doesn't connect to the mp either..I just plop into bowl after I pack..it's perfect fit..its main purpose is so bits of herb don't go into your mouth...ala the Original screen that would get clogged.

Look on page 19 and see what I was talking about

murf2010,

namasteIII

Look on page 19 and see what I was talking about

He's using an ELB, From Vape Exhale. Same thing as the Arizer one you have, I guess their a little different size. Maybe just a tad smaller so that will actually stick to the MP unlike yours.

namasteIII,
Reactions: Taz

Likes2vape

I have to give props to the crew @Boundless Vape Technology their customer service is top notch!!

Last week my CFX just quit working. I contacted them about the warranty process around 8pm and was sent a return shipping label the next morning. I ended up having an appointment down the street from them on Mon so I asked if I could just bring the unit by. They said no problem and that the whole staff was going to be there.

I stopped by Monday around noon and was greeted by Eric. He took a look at the vape and went and got me a new one and a WPA. I also picked up the CF. Afterwards he introduced me to everyone and we did sesh since we are all patients. We used the CF with the wpa and it kicks ass just like the CFX maybe even a little better since the CF has about an inch shorter air path.

I'm so glad that I have the cf/cfx back. I really missed my CFX when it went down and that's why I picked up the CF as a back up. It's really an awesome vape at a great price from a company that actually cares about their customers.

I can't wait until they have their full convection vape out I'm sure it'll be awesome!! Hopefully by July we should know mire!!

murf2010

When my unit is off I click 5 times and the logo falls down the screen. I then have to do it again 5 times and the logo rises up and the units on. What's the deal with this???

stickstones

Vapor concierge
What other vapes have you used? I've been finding lately the herbalizer wasn't really medicating me as much as I needed, which is insane considering it's a 700 dollar unit. Hopefully the ff2 and the CFX can help me there.

You may be building up what I call a 'signature tolerance' to Herbie. You can switch to a different vape for a few days or a week and get blasted by the new one. Then when you go back to Herbie your face will melt again.

When my unit is off I click 5 times and the logo falls down the screen. I then have to do it again 5 times and the logo rises up and the units on. What's the deal with this???

I've noticed on occasion my unit will do something like this, but it's not consistent. If yours does it a lot I would contact Boundless to see if it is defective. If it's once in a while and the unit works fine otherwise, like mine does, I wouldn't sweat it. but that's up to you...

Top Bottom