Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Get the CF its 109$ basically 1/4 the price the mighty cant be 4x better than the CF.

Having it be pocket freindly and no giant light up screen for stealth are in fact huge benefits as well imo.

It's too arbitrary to say if its worth 4x more, but it is most definitely a significant upgrade.....The Mighty just really delivers the best quality vapor I've ever had in a portable.....I hope to try some more vapes for more comparisons, but truthfully, I have been trying to get more discrete portable vapes, and the Crafty had my eye, and still does have it.....I've had nothing but love from my Mighty for a year and it gets me so wrecked.

The biggest downside is, the price, and its a bit big, so for the price its not something I personally like carrying around on me pocket. Sometimes I throw it in a jacket, but more often than not will throw in a case in a bag or something...I'm delicate with it... The CFX I throw in my pockets no problem, its a nice size IMO, and I like the build quality more in some degree on the CFX.....I like the coating alot. And the general feel of a lack of fragility.

I used my Mighty for first time in awhile today, I like the mouthpiece and freeflow more and the taste was just better.....not to bash on the CFX though I am using it right now!!

Highest in CFX i usually go is like 400 dry, or 420 through water. Used 430 a few times through water. I don't think you'd miss much with the lack of 15 degrees, but I personally like the screen.

My method I've been using now is just shoveling some in and vaping it for 10 minutes or so at 380. Tastes great, gets me wrecked, I love how you can load so much into this thing honestly, most my vapes have restrictions in that regard......I'm curious to how much it holds, I'll have to try later to max it out.

Also, do I just have big hands? Stealth is never a problem with any vape with a display for me......just palm it :)

GOOREGON

dropped the cfx yesterday and the "plastic window" that covers the screen came flying off.thought it was fucked screen wise but it popped right back in. to anyone out there that likes great battery life,huge clouds,superb medicating effects this is the vape for you.and so cheap.less than an air which it blows the doors off of!

Justpassedu

dropped the cfx yesterday and the "plastic window" that covers the screen came flying off.thought it was fucked screen wise but it popped right back in. to anyone out there that likes great battery life,huge clouds,superb medicating effects this is the vape for you.and so cheap.less than an air which it blows the doors off of!
Lol every post you make in some way you have to mention that you don't like the Air , meanwhile there is the air thread at 365 pages with a ton of posts and people that love it , including me. Just bc you don't know how to use it properly does not mean its a bad vape in anyway. Please don't mis-inform users by saying this as it happens to be a great vape and I also feel the cf & cfx are as well. Visit the air thread , talk of your problems , we are all here to help , that is what this forum is for but please stop bashing the product at every post you make here bc its a damn good vape imo , I have many vaporizers and keep my air around for this reason.

kingslayer

Get the CF its 109$ basically 1/4 the price the mighty cant be 4x better than the CF.

As for the 15 extra degress on the CFX i dont even use my 415 degress setting as is, you wont miss the 430 setting at all. I use 385 then maybe finish at 400, never 415.

I dont see how 15 extra degress and optional chargeing are worth the extra 50$ or 1/3 the price of the vape.

Having it be pocket freindly and no giant light up screen for stealth are in fact huge benefits as well imo.
Where can you get the CF for $109? I can only find it for $129.

Eatrocks

Air produces the best flavor (better than mighty). Cfx is better in battery life, vapor production, and heat up time. Clearly the air feels like better build quality, it feels plastic but it's aluminum. Being able to insert/remove ur bowl in the air is something I miss with other vapes. Didn't the air just get a redesign with bigger air holes in the chamber???

GOOREGON

Lol every post you make in some way you have to mention that you don't like the Air , meanwhile there is the air thread at 365 pages with a ton of posts and people that love it , including me. Just bc you don't know how to use it properly does not mean its a bad vape in anyway. Please don't mis-inform users by saying this as it happens to be a great vape and I also feel the cf & cfx are as well. Visit the air thread , talk of your problems , we are all here to help , that is what this forum is for but please stop bashing the product at every post you make here bc its a damn good vape imo , I have many vaporizers and keep my air around for this reason.
i have the air its a good vape. pricepoint in consideration i would advise to choose the cfx everytime.

lomein07

Big warning FYI for everyone: the rubberized coating on the CFX/CF dissolves in Isopropyl alcohol.

I used an iso soaked q-tip to clean that crevasse around the oven lip where herb gets stuck. It stripped away all the rubberized coating in that area after only 5 seconds of scrubbing.

Last edited:

Eatrocks

Big warning FYI for everyone: the rubberized coating on the CFX/CF dissolves in Isopropyl alcohol.

I used an iso soaked q-tip to clean that crevasse around the oven lip where herb gets stuck. It stripped away all the rubberized coating in that area after only 5 seconds of scrubbing.
Dang wtf...I've only used a q-tip dampened with iso to clean the chamber walls (which never cleaned off)

RelaxedNow

@lomein07, we all owe you a big Thank You for letting us know. You should start an Indiegogo campaign where we could each donate a dollar or two to buy you a new unit. :) Or you could contact Boundless, and perhaps they'll do a one-off replacement for you. You'd be doing them a favor as well.

YungLeaner

I've cleaned my entire upper section of the unit with ISO, perhaps something scraped off but I would honestly know if I was inhaling severely dangerous fumes. I love this community but we tend to treat every single possible health risk like 9/11 happened again. No noticeable health negative effects for me after several months of consistent use, no bad taste either. Please let's not begin a relentless round of bashing here.

RelaxedNow

I've cleaned my entire upper section of the unit with ISO, perhaps something scraped off but I would honestly know if I was inhaling severely dangerous fumes. I love this community but we tend to treat every single possible health risk like 9/11 happened again. No noticeable health negative effects for me after several months of consistent use, no bad taste either. Please let's not begin a relentless round of bashing here.

Health risk? If you're referring to the report of ISO damaging the finish, I'm thinking more along the lines of the finish being damaged. Don't want no ugly vaporizer, ya know.

No bashing occurring. Still love my CFX. I'll just be more aware of the need to be careful when using ISO.

YungLeaner

Health risk? If you're referring to the report of ISO damaging the finish, I'm thinking more along the lines of the finish being damaged. Don't want no ugly vaporizer, ya know.

No bashing occurring. Still love my CFX. I'll just be more aware of the need to be careful when using ISO.
Sorry, I'm super duper high and misunderstood. Had other angry people in here talking about the CFX in previous posts. vape on in peace:cool:

Splatterpop Circus

How does the CF(X) do as an on-demand, one or two puffs then off kinda vape? I've been considering it since it has such a short heatup time and at least some amount of convection (plus it's damn cheap), but a session vape won't work for my needs.

Splatterpop Circus,

RelaxedNow

Sorry, I'm super duper high and misunderstood. Had other angry people in here talking about the CFX in previous posts. vape on in peace:cool:

Hey, no apology necessary. I figured you were high, and I just felt a need to defend myself, which may have been because I just might have been a bit stoned myself.

RelaxedNow,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
How does the CF(X) do as an on-demand, one or two puffs then off kinda vape? I've been considering it since it has such a short heatup time and at least some amount of convection (plus it's damn cheap), but a session vape won't work for my needs.

It is a session vape, but I'm curious if anyone just throws a little in, cranks the temp, and vapes that little bit in an "on demand" type of action. You can't turn the heater on and expect it to not cook the buds, but if you only threw a little bit in, I don't know why in theory it couldn't be an "on demand session" vape :lol: if that makes sense..throw .1 in, turn on CFX, destroy that .1 in a few hits, turn off CFX...I too am stoned in this thread :lol:

I'm gonna bite the bullet and try to stuff as much as I can in it, will let you all know how much I can cram :)

RelaxedNow

I oftentimes use the CFX in somewhat of an on-demand fashion, even with a full bowl, by taking a few draws, then turning it off and continuing with a few more draws. This cools it enough that it results in very little unwanted cooking. I'm not sure how many times I can do this on a load, because I've never counted. Of course, it is necessary to eventually increase the temperature, but I can usually stay at 360-365 for most of the load, and I rarely go over 380.

When I first received my CFX, I tried small loads, and if IRC, it worked fine. I just find full loads to be more convenient, particularly after bedtime.

Singinsolo

I just got my CF and it seems very difficult to draw. If I take off the mouthpiece and blow through it, there's plenty of flow, but pulling air through it is much harder and when it's on the unit with a load in, even moreso. Is that normal?

Singinsolo,

lomein07

Not bashing, just informing. I didn't notice right away i was stripping the rubber coating. I used the same ISO soaked Q-tip to clean the oven and then noticed black streaks on the oven walls. Tried my best to get rid of it, loaded herb, and got a foul burning rubber smell. Trashed that load, and the one after it due to the smell. Seems to be back to normal after those two sessions.

I just wanted this info out there so no one makes the same mistake I did. I can't imagine vaping it with that burning rubber smell is a good idea.

Happy vaping to all, stay friendly

My CF stays quite hot after turning off. Takes 3-5 draws to get most of the heat out and for vapor to stop forming. The other problem is once the vape shows ready, it still doesn't reach the best vapor production until the 2nd/3rd draw, making it more difficult to take just 2-3 nice draws and put it away.

It really is best used as a session vape. I think you may be better served by an alternative.

I've done ridiculously small ground loads with the cfx and it was great. This sounds like a great way to make it kind of like a one hitter.

Good insight. Perhaps this is a solution for @Splatterpop then.

I just got my CF and it seems very difficult to draw. If I take off the mouthpiece and blow through it, there's plenty of flow, but pulling air through it is much harder and when it's on the unit with a load in, even moreso. Is that normal?

I've noticed the same on my CF with a load in and the stock screens. It seems like with a full load, the stock mouthpiece screen can get herb jammed tight against it and restricts some airflow. I have Arizer EQ screens and found that they can improve the flow on the mouthpiece.

Top Bottom