Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Eatrocks

Than you are using your Air wrong and I suggest getting some help over in the Air thread as it happens to be a proven vape that works well and doesn't waste at all. There is a chance you are using a fake as well as copies have hit the market.

LOL naw it's legit, got from piu...my prob yesterday is mainly with the herb I was using..it was most likely cured in a microwave but it's still quality but it seems to produce half the amount of vapor. I still feel the nice effect. I even loaded keif but nothing amazing happened. The draw resistance on air is pretty bad for ripping.

Vitolo

Vaporist
@Boundless Vape Technology
Hats off to you.
I medicate with a full session with flowers every hour on the hour and do hits from various other vapes in between (and dabs and medibles through it all).
Heat-up time is so fast that speed of medicated state is equal to grabbing a few hit from a desktop that I have on 24/7.
I used the CFX for the rest of the day after it arrived at 3PM.
Today it passed another test*.
The sub-concsious psychological test that consists of where I grab my first medication of the day.
This act is done without much thought, because it has been done so many times since my coma almost 13 years ago.
Night falls, and wife reminds me to perform the Daily Grind
I wake up to pee at 4 a.m. and always turn the dial of my desktop to 1 pm on the dial (it stays on overnight, at "ready"... just a bit lower.
I go back to bed.
I wake at 5:30 or 6 and go grab a hit or two.
The "test*" I spoke of a moment ago.......
Today I woke up and went right to the Boundless.
It was natural and easy for me.... and the flavor was as good as yesterdays.
I did so with a desktop (which I am in love with) at the ready.
The Boundless CFX was filled and vibrated it's ready signal before I could stand up and walk down the hall.

Likes2vape

@Boundless Vape Technology
Hats off to you.
I medicate with a full session with flowers every hour on the hour and do hits from various other vapes in between (and dabs and medibles through it all).
Heat-up time is so fast that speed of medicated state is equal to grabbing a few hit from a desktop that I have on 24/7.
I used the CFX for the rest of the day after it arrived at 3PM.
Today it passed another test*.
The sub-concsious psychological test that consists of where I grab my first medication of the day.
This act is done without much thought, because it has been done so many times since my coma almost 13 years ago.
Night falls, and wife reminds me to perform the Daily Grind
I wake up to pee at 4 a.m. and always turn the dial of my desktop to 1 pm on the dial (it stays on overnight, at "ready"... just a bit lower.
I go back to bed.
I wake at 5:30 or 6 and go grab a hit or two.
The "test*" I spoke of a moment ago.......
Today I woke up and went right to the Boundless.
It was natural and easy for me.... and the flavor was as good as yesterdays.
I did so with a desktop (which I am in love with) at the ready.
The Boundless CFX was filled and vibrated it's ready signal before I could stand up and walk down the hall.
I feel the same way! The CFX is almost always the 1st vape I grab in the morning. I wake up sore and stiff and the CFX heats up so quick with desktop like effects that it just makes it super easy to use 1st thing.

Hedonismbot

Well after a couple more days with my CFX I am still impressed. Compared to my Solo the CFX is a little tastier, noticeably less harsh and extracts more evenly (without stirring). This was using the same herb in both. I can hardly believe it but my trusty old Solo is finally going to be retired to backup duty. I hope the CFX proves to be as reliable.

I have noticed that if I turn off the heat before a bowl is finished I can get one or two hits from the residual bowl heat (some conduction going on). So I plan for cool down hits now. Since my other vape is a Hercules SR-71 I’m already well trained in taking cool down hits!

The CFX seems to start out with convection and then transition to a good amount of conduction as the bowl heats up. Whatever, the result seems to be very thorough extraction with very good taste.

You should try out some concentrates in the CFX! I find that a dollop of shatter in whatever flowers I have makes for a delightful flavor.

My last CFX bowl was a sandwich using a sliver of 80% live resin wax wrapped in some 25% Louis XIII OG. Very nice cocktail effect and gives lots of very strong hits. I still have my temp set to 380F. I have tried higher but I just like the flavor a bit better at 380. It sure is nice to be able to fine tune the temperature.

Justpassedu

Does anyone has opened the cf. I am willing to open it but I am afraid that I may damage it.
Mostly I am interested to know if the battery inside is a 18650 battery and can be replaced in the future.
It is a 18650 and the company made it so it's non user replaceable . I believe it's a lg cell they stated, boundless opened one up for us to show us there should be a video of it on there YouTube. They also said they would replace them in the future if they ever go bad for like $10-$20 .

seilogeo

Thanks for the photos but this is the cfx version with the two batteries, the cf must have one battery. I couldnt find any photos for that model.
I will check youtude

Last edited:

Justpassedu

Thanks for the photos but this is the cfx version with the two batteries, the cf must have one battery. I could find any photos for that model.
I will check youtude
Same vape only smaller , no lcd screen and 1 battery so they will basicly look the same on the inside and they use the same battery and heater .

seilogeo

I guess that one battery will be easier to be replaced than two. I am thinking of doing it by myself just to add some capacity.
1300mah is not too much, you can find 2500 - 3000 mah high drain batteries on the market.

seilogeo,

Eatrocks

Just got a mighty in so...cfx is shut off...lol. I might want it as a daily driver as I'm not sure if I like the idea of carrying the mighty around. They both weigh about the same but something that always bugged me about the cfx is it feels so top heavy, mighty feels very balanced in the hands...

Eatrocks,

stoneloc

Is it normal for it to rattle?

Even when I stabilize the button with my thumb I get a rattle near the top of the unit sometimes while and after gently tapping it out with my finger against the bottom.

It goes away between reloading at some point, comes back when I tap out again as if tapping upside down is dislodging something.

Maybe the vibrator mechanism? I don't hear rattles while vibrating which suggests it might be responsible when not vibrating.

stoneloc,

RelaxedNow

Even when I stabilize the button with my thumb I get a rattle near the top of the unit sometimes while and after gently tapping it out with my finger against the bottom.

It goes away between reloading at some point, comes back when I tap out again as if tapping upside down is dislodging something.

Maybe the vibrator mechanism? I don't hear rattles while vibrating which suggests it might be responsible when not vibrating.

@stoneloc, my button rattles if I shake the CFX, but if I hold it with my thumb, there are no other rattles. IMO, as long as it works, I wouldn't be worried. But that's just me.

RelaxedNow,

Vitolo

Vaporist

The rattle could be the "filter"... it gets loose.
cfx%201.jpg

Here you see it from the bottom... when you open the unit to fill it.
If the silver filter turns at all.... it is loose and it is the culprit.
That is because when loaded... the filter is pressed against herb...
When you "tap out" it is again sitting free.
Do this:
......Take the mouthpiece assembly apart, and you will see the filter from the top view...
cfx2.jpg

Place your pinky tip into the silver hole (filter opening) that you see here....
then while holding that filter still with pinky tip, use the pincher grasp of your other hand to grasp the filter from the bottom, and tighten it up.
That should solve your issue.

Last edited:

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Hey guys iv had my cfx vape for 3 days now and I'm having a little problem with the dc charging port. Anyone have this same problem??
It's almost like it doesn't want to charge the unit through the ac/dc charger, but when I plug the USB charger into it, it charges no problem. But then when it's half charged through the USB I can switch back to the dc charger and it finishes charging... kinda weird I know it's not a big deal but I left the other day for about 2 hours came back and the dc charger and charged it 1 bar! So I guess I'll just use the USB charger from now on.

Andrew26,

lomein07

Anybody with the CF find it gets too hot to hold? If I'm taking long draws in a session the CF really ramps up the heat and I'll be forced to hold it by the backside (non-oven side). If the casing is getting that hot i can't imagine that being good for the battery or electronics.

lomein07,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
I don't have a CFX, I have a Mighty, but it seems like the S&B CU could be modified to fit the CFX kind of like the Muzzmod for the Mighty. Has anyone tried to mate a Mighty or Crafty CU to the CFX?

Vapetrees,

VaporSipper

I don't have a CFX, I have a Mighty, but it seems like the S&B CU could be modified to fit the CFX kind of like the Muzzmod for the Mighty. Has anyone tried to mate a Mighty or Crafty CU to the CFX?

Unfortunately, though it looks like it would fit from the similar appearance, it's not even close... The Mighty/Crafty bowls are much wider than the CFX bowl.

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Unfortunately, though it looks like it would fit from the similar appearance, it's not even close... The Mighty/Crafty bowls are much wider than the CFX bowl.
What if someone were to just hack the part that clips into the CFX and mate it to a CU, would that not work?

Vapetrees,

Vapetrees

Vaped Out
Where there's a will, there's a way, right? You can always hack something together, or you can even 3D print a new part, you just have to want to. :)
I personally wouldn't do it, as I have no intention of buying any new vaporizers for a while, but I was just throwing the idea out there for anyone who would want to do that.

YungLeaner

I've used the whole S & B lineup and not a huge fan of the cooling units anyways. Absolute reclaim magnets which is great if you like reclaim...as a user in a medical state it's not that appealing to use in any non edible format. Lots of extra cleaning, and it's not like the reclaim came out of nowhere. It's condensed vapor, and I love how short the CFX air path between herb and mouth is. Makes it great for water hits and insanely tasty for dry hits. If the CFX convection model is actually a thing, I would love a bowl system that was either capsule or stem based like a log vape almost. I've said this before but the heater is so fucking powerful it seems a transition to more convection would be logistical work only, a new heater does not need to happen as far as I can tell.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Funny you guys mention using it as a morning wake up vape for it's fast times.......I do the opposite, I'm finding that this is a perfect vape for when I want to crush a session right before sleep.

Using it as a couch sipper too during TV shows

I've finally put it down for the last few days. I like how rugged and strong it feels too, I never worry about breaking it and toss it on the couch pretty casually......it's my go to when I leave the house now, none of my other vapes were great to vape with friends on the go really, and this is perfect.

Top Bottom