Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Eatrocks

Happy to report my cfx has been trouble free, I've had the unit on for over a week!!! No noticeable drop in battery life and when I'm ready to use just one press and hold of thr power button and it's heating.

On another note, I did order a mighty from piu, 20% off so couldn't resist. It was either the ff2 or mighty, im looking for big giant cool hits, bigger the hit better the buzz.

YungLeaner

Hi everybody. I just got a CFX a couple of days ago and so far I'm really liking it. I almost ordered directly from Boundless but realized I would be sending my credit card info over an unsecured link. So I got it from Puffitup instead. Very fast service. I ordered it on Friday and had it in my hand the next Monday. Puffitup was nice enough to throw in a couple of Arizer EQ top-hat screens. (They also threw in a defective no-name 4 piece grinder that went straight to the trash. But the thought was nice!)

Figuring out how to disassemble the mouthpiece was interesting. I removed the little mouthpiece screen and the metal collar that it screws on to. So from the very first bowl I used an EQ screen instead which fit snugly in the top of the bowl.

I shredded some dry bud with my SCS 4-piece and filled the bowl with the very fluffy herb. Tamped it down a bit, reassembled and turned it on setting the temp to 380F. After a quick 20 second warm-up I took my first hit and got a very tasty cloud right from the get-go. After a few hits I opened the vape and stirred the bud but I'm not sure if it really needed it. After several more hits the vapor dropped off so I dumped the ABV and was impressed by how even the extraction was. The ABV was ever so slightly darker than the Solo ABV that I always vape on a setting of '4'.

While I am impressed with the CFX I don't think it will replace my Persei/Hercules as my daily driver but it will be my go-to when I want to take a break from concentrates, replacing my old Solo for that purpose.

My initial experience, very, very nice so far. I love the ease of use, relatively low price, fast heat up (faster than the Solo but no match for the Hercules or my ESV), good flavor and build quality and very nice display. Dislikes are plastic in the vapor path (what is it? Delrin?) and overall a bit bulkier than I would have liked. But I see this being my main flower vape for now.

Thanks everyone for all the tips and shared experiences. I probably would have never discovered this vape without all your comments. I would definitely recommend this vape especially for new vaporists.
You should try out some concentrates in the CFX! I find that a dollop of shatter in whatever flowers I have makes for a delightful flavor. Stainless steel mesh works as well, as does the concentrate cup that comes with the CFX. I used to be into dabs, torching my little rig at least 20 times a day...but I really only like shatter in my herbal vapes now. I'm addicted to the 400-420 temp range. It's a different high from my normal concentrate use, much more heady and long lasting than that full body WHAP dabs or pens tend to give me.

Peacockfur

now: Enano OG, solo 2 previously: Lots!
Guys :( ordered from puffitup
Was waiting patiently every day at my mailbox for this beauty. Went out to get some coffee creamer and came back (5minutes). Had the tracking pulled up and big green bar "DELIVERED to individual"
While I was gone. Seems like slim chances, right? and I didn't see good ol usps dude on my street. I am the only one who is living in my house and I have a lot of foliage shrouding my door but not my house number.
- package nowhere to be found anywhere in my mailbox or porch/yard areas.
Assuming either stolen or delivered to the wrong house...
Crying until the resolution of my missing delivery case
Just came to share in my misery haha it provides me some cathartic value to read through people's raving reviews. I am excited to finally get my hands on one. Love you all

Peacockfur,

lomein07

Anyone with the CF get buzzing noises?

Received mine two days ago, holding off on comments until I can get a feel for it. Once it reaches temperature, it will start faintly buzzing. It's an inconsistent pattern, but will buzz for ~2 seconds, be silent for ~2 seconds, then repeats.

Also, after I completed 5 burn offs, I tried vaping it empty at medium low (370f) just to see if it had any taste. Have to say I'm getting some really nasty, horrible flavors that I can't even describe well. I also feel quite high, yet I haven't vaped weed in 24 hours. Perhaps am I getting high off of plastic fumes or something else inside the CF?

Last edited:
lomein07,

Cordell507

Received mine two days ago, holding off on comments until I can get a feel for it. Once it reaches temperature, it will start faintly buzzing. It's an inconsistent pattern, but will buzz for ~2 seconds, be silent for ~2 seconds, then repeats.

Also, after I completed 5 burn offs, I tried vaping it empty at medium low (370f) just to see if it had any taste. Have to say I'm getting some really nasty, horrible flavors that I can't even describe well. I also feel quite high, yet I haven't vaped weed in 24 hours. Perhaps am I getting high off of plastic fumes or something else inside the CF?
Mine makes no buzzing, I also don't feel like you should be inhaling anything that still taste like plastic into your lungs..

Eatrocks

Guys :( ordered from puffitup
Was waiting patiently every day at my mailbox for this beauty. Went out to get some coffee creamer and came back (5minutes). Had the tracking pulled up and big green bar "DELIVERED to individual"
While I was gone. Seems like slim chances, right? and I didn't see good ol usps dude on my street. I am the only one who is living in my house and I have a lot of foliage shrouding my door but not my house number.
- package nowhere to be found anywhere in my mailbox or porch/yard areas.
Assuming either stolen or delivered to the wrong house...
Crying until the resolution of my missing delivery case
Just came to share in my misery haha it provides me some cathartic value to read through people's raving reviews. I am excited to finally get my hands on one. Love you all

Wtf?!?! Piu should handle it. That sucks ass hopefully it's just an error by the carrier..reminds me when I ordered a giant 4x12 guitar speaker cab and ups delivered it to my neighbor as I watch from the door...also reminds me of waking up to no coffee creamer and having to go to 711 for the shit kind or Safeway for the gold standard (coffee mate French vanilla). It's not impossible someone stole it but not likely, its not the holiday season.

RelaxedNow

I tried @stickstones' recommendation, and the airflow has increased so much that it seems I have to slow my draw speed somewhat to get enough visible vapor to satisfy me.....(say THAT 3 times quickly). I'll have to test it more to be certain about the draw speed, but it definitely solved the restricted-airflow problem for me. I AM buzzed though, so there's that. I used an ESV screen; the coarser one.

I have ELB's on order, but I like the simplicity of this better than the top hats (no need to to insert it every time the CFX is loaded). I'll still try the baskets though, just to see if they add enough flavor to bother.

I'm an idiot. I ordered a pack of ELB's a few days ago, only to find a pack in a drawer yesterday. I'd forgotten that VapeXhale had given me a free pack with my hydratube.

Anyway, I tried to insert a basket into the CFX's bowl, but it didn't fit well and it seemed that I might damage the CFX, so I gave up on that idea. I then pulled the screen out of the mouthpiece, and attached a top hat instead. It allows a bit more airflow than the stock screen, but less than the ESV screen, which is what I was hoping for.

I'm liking the solution best so far. I was hoping to try the baskets though, so I may play with that again.

YungLeaner

I really would guess that the "high" you are feeling is simply placebo effect. As for the buzzing, hard to say, same with the fumes, mine has always Tastes perfect and I know from unit test downs that the CFX is safe, even if not the top in the industry for materials used

seilogeo

Guys 3 days with the cf, I also have to report this buzzing sound, My flowermate mini also has that so it isnt sound strange to me, my xmax and my solo is absolutely quiet though. I think the sound start when the heater trying to reach the temperature and stops when it reachs it.
Plastic taste got away after 5 bowls. The draw is a little restrictive but not a big deal for me. The thing that impressed me is how cool the vapor is, even in the highest temperature.
Arizer dome screen from the first day at the bottom and another one to keep the load down helps to keep the mouthpiece clean.
15 second to be ready is nice, although it needs some seconds more to be totally ready.
Anyone else has to report this buzzing sound?

seilogeo,

YungLeaner

Guys 3 days with the cf, I also have to report this buzzing sound, My flowermate mini also has that so it isnt sound strange to me, my xmax and my solo is absolutely quiet though. I think the sound start when the heater trying to reach the temperature and stops when it reachs it.
Plastic taste got away after 5 bowls. The draw is a little restrictive but not a big deal for me. The thing that impressed me is how cool the vapor is, even in the highest temperature.
Arizer dome screen from the first day at the bottom and another one to keep the load down helps to keep the mouthpiece clean.
15 second to be ready is nice, although it needs some seconds more to be totally ready.
Anyone else has to report this buzzing sound?
My CFX gets a buzz when it reaches temps but nothing other than that I haven't noticed it really cause it gets me so high so fast. Pax and FF1 ruined my taste for portable vapes but the CFX keeps me toasty wherever I am

thx1138

my flowermate mini makes that sound too - I always assumed thats the heater maintaining temp

thx1138,

lomein07

Thanks guys for confirming the buzzing on the CF, gives me a comforting feeling.

Still getting bad tastes out of the CF once the heat ramps up though. Been through 8 sessions, 3 with material in it. It's so bad at this point I can't vape it, have to blow air through the bottom intake to make the vape run and hope it burns off. Will continue testing.

In regards to doing burn offs before using the device, it seems they don't help much. A lot of heat seems to come from convection. The heater doesn't really get a work out unless you're taking draws. The bad taste on mine doesn't start until the 2nd or 3rd draw (both empty or filled), so I'm beginning to suspect the bad taste is coming from the heater or something inside near the heater that is melting.

lomein07,

RelaxedNow

Thanks guys for confirming the buzzing on the CF, gives me a comforting feeling.

Still getting bad tastes out of the CF once the heat ramps up though. Been through 8 sessions, 3 with material in it. It's so bad at this point I can't vape it, have to blow air through the bottom intake to make the vape run and hope it burns off. Will continue testing.

In regards to doing burn offs before using the device, it seems they don't help much. A lot of heat seems to come from convection. The heater doesn't really get a work out unless you're taking draws. The bad taste on mine doesn't start until the 2nd or 3rd draw (both empty or filled), so I'm beginning to suspect the bad taste is coming from the heater or something inside near the heater that is melting.

@lomein07, when I received my CFX, I was impatient and didn't take the time to clean it with ISO. It was pure nastiness! After an ISO soak of the mouthpiece (with gasket removed), all was good.

RelaxedNow,

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Hey guys big shout out to everyone that helped me purchase the CFX AND Extreme q!! :) @Justpassedu @CuckFumbustion

I've been using my CFX vape now for 2 days and all I can say is HOLY SHIT!!! I know this is my first portable vape but damn this thing performs like a champ!!!
I used it with both the vape exhale elb's and just loading it raw in the chamber lol I prefer the CFX just loading it in the chamber with no elb just the arizer screen for the mouthpiece! Worked great, crazy vapor and real nice flavor!

I packed some hybrid og kush × sour diesel with some red leb hash and it was just flavor town!!
Only negative thing I have is the mouthpiece. I don't really like the plastic to draw from. But that's my only negative thing I have!
Can't wait for my Arizer extreme q to come in now with the Ddave mod kit!!
Will I experience way better flavor with the extreme Q?
Thanks guys this forum rocks!

Last edited:

Vitolo

Vaporist
I did not expect to be as impressed by this technology as I am.
I have used the CFX for a little over two hours, and I am convinced that this is a great
unit for a patient with medical needs.
One with limited dexterity would not be subjected to the usual process, of figuring out compensatory moves to get things open/closed, cleaned/changed and more.
I did it all with one hand.
I had my suspicions and doubts, when I took that first "dry hit" and found the draw resistance everyone spoke of.
To be honest it is one of the more restrictive draws of vaporizers used in my extensive experience.
Once I was vaping, which was amazingly fast the draw was not as rough as I expected.
I have always believed that a tighter draw, made you pull harder, therefore as you pull against the air flow, your lungs are actually in a more "absorptive state" than when you can draw freely. This could mean more receptors are wide open to suck up the incoming medicine and get into the bloodstream.

I went CFX because I liked the size.
I have stealthy vapes, but when I think about it... When do I really go out far, and over whose eyes do I really think I am going to pull the wool?
I wanted a really cool at home unit that was comparable to a desktop, but that I could be anywhere with... and have my session move with me from room to room.
The CFX has so far proved to be as good as filling that Niche as the Solo (only a bit easier).
I apologize for that breach in my usual discussion style. I never like comparing vapes.... and
I do not like mentioning other vape makers in a thread that concerns a specific unit.

Needless to say I got as medicated as I needed to be.
I found the Boundless CFX to be a very patient friendly unit, which I have every intention of recommending and endorsing to patients that need a portable unit.

Last edited:

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
@subway13029 Yeah buddy the elb is nice convenience but I didn't really notice a difference in flavor. So loading it in the chamber without the elb is like better.
I emailed boundless asking them when their Wpa is available for sale and they said sometime in June!! Hopefully is comes soon!

Razshiro

I just got my CF, anyone know if i can use the Crafty charger with this vape ??

961363IMG20160513100713.jpg

I just noticed than the Crafty/Mighty mouthpiece fit perfectly into the CF , anyone already tried this?
224858IMG20160513104556.jpg

Last edited:

Eatrocks

I just got my CF, anyone know if i can use the Crafty charger with this vape ??

961363IMG20160513100713.jpg

I just noticed than the Crafty/Mighty mouthpiece fit perfectly into the CF , anyone already tried this?
224858IMG20160513104556.jpg
LOL no surprise, the connecting joints looked virtually identical. I spent all day with my Air, wasting herb, barely gettin a buzz....when I got back to my cfx it was all better....

Yea you should be able to use the Crafty charger, 5v 2A are the specs for fast charging...shoot I use my Samsung s6 charger and my Tom Tom adapter in my car to charge cfx......

Eatrocks,

Justpassedu

LOL no surprise, the connecting joints looked virtually identical. I spent all day with my Air, wasting herb, barely gettin a buzz....when I got back to my cfx it was all better....

Yea you should be able to use the Crafty charger, 5v 2A are the specs for fast charging...shoot I use my Samsung s6 charger and my Tom Tom adapter in my car to charge cfx......
Than you are using your Air wrong and I suggest getting some help over in the Air thread as it happens to be a proven vape that works well and doesn't waste at all. There is a chance you are using a fake as well as copies have hit the market.

Top Bottom