Boundless CF / CFX / CF-Hybrid

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
I honestly think having the Underdog stem for a water pipe adapter is an even bigger upgrade. But if taste is a central factor for you (it isn't for everyone) than definitely grab the ELBs, it takes the CFX from amazing to even better. You'll be happy either way.
Thanks man I'm gonna order some then Cuz I do like a more free flowing vape and if I can go back to the way it was when I first got it then I can do both ways as I please?
And Boundless is coming out with there wpa in June so I'll wait for that to come out :)
The bottom line is , do you have a problem with getting the stock screen included with the cfx clogged ? if answered yes than buying the elb screens will help a great deal , if not than there really is no need for them. They only help to not get the stock screen clogged up , they will also provide a tiny bit of better airflow if used without the stock screen installed and just the elbow screen.
Hey brother, Have you had personal experience with the elb's and your cfx, if so how do you like it ?

Andrew26,

Justpassedu

Thanks man I'm gonna order some then Cuz I do like a more free flowing vape and if I can go back to the way it was when I first got it then I can do both ways as I please?
And Boundless is coming out with there wpa in June so I'll wait for that to come out :)

Hey brother, Have you had personal experience with the elb's and your cfx, if so how do you like it ?
Yeah day 2 of owning the cfx after a night of using it stock I was sitting down and noticed all my elb screens sitting there for my other vapes , as I was cleaning my cfx and noticing how dirty the stock screen gets and clogged I decided to pop the elbow screen in and it was a direct fit. I had at first just used it with the stock screen still in there and than tried taking the stock screen out and just using the elb screen. It works wonders , now I don't have to clean my screen after every session , I just lightly brush the elbow screen off after a session. Removing the stock screen and just using the elbow screen def freed up airflow a bit but its not a huge increase in flow but enough to help and make it all the worlds better for me. I got the cfx in there 1st shipment along with a few other forum members here so I have had quite some time now to get familiar with it. the screens are so in-expensive that I feel anyone should give them a try and if you don't like it your not out allot of money at all.

subway13029

@Andrew26 what would be your purpose for the elb?some use them some dont. If you want the extra bit of flavor or added portability by prepacking elb for on the go? It those are reasons you value then spend the 20 and tlget them..if those dont matter as to me the taste is pretty good without them..it is what it is..there is no magic behind them..
Most people replace the stock screen with a small arizer basket screen..

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Yeah day 2 of owning the cfx after a night of using it stock I was sitting down and noticed all my elb screens sitting there for my other vapes , as I was cleaning my cfx and noticing how dirty the stock screen gets and clogged I decided to pop the elbow screen in and it was a direct fit. I had at first just used it with the stock screen still in there and than tried taking the stock screen out and just using the elb screen. It works wonders , now I don't have to clean my screen after every session , I just lightly brush the elbow screen off after a session. Removing the stock screen and just using the elbow screen def freed up airflow a bit but its not a huge increase in flow but enough to help and make it all the worlds better for me. I got the cfx in there 1st shipment along with a few other forum members here so I have had quite some time now to get familiar with it. the screens are so in-expensive that I feel anyone should give them a try and if you don't like it your not out allot of money at all.
That's awesome man pretty much everything you said is why I want them. I do live in Canada so they are abit more expensive for me with shipping and everything but I definitely think they'll be worth it. Thanks for the input!

@Andrew26 what would be your purpose for the elb?some use them some dont. If you want the extra bit of flavor or added portability by prepacking elb for on the go? It those are reasons you value then spend the 20 and tlget them..if those dont matter as to me the taste is pretty good without them..it is what it is..there is no magic behind them..
Most people replace the stock screen with a small arizer basket screen..
Yeah dude everything Justpassedu said is why I want them lol I'm gonna order some today and will report back on how I like them. Thanks man

Justpassedu

That's awesome man pretty much everything you said is why I want them. I do live in Canada so they are abit more expensive for me with shipping and everything but I definitely think they'll be worth it. Thanks for the input!

Yeah dude everything Justpassedu said is why I want them lol I'm gonna order some today and will report back on how I like them. Thanks man
Hey buddy being in Canada you may be able to find them easy , I only use the elbow screen which is perfect. They are a accessory and come with the Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer and that vape happens to be made in Canada so I would say check out Arizers website directly . Ill try and look now for you and post up a link , gimme a second.

Here is arizer direct - http://arizer.com/store/en/arizer-v-tower-parts-accessories/41-dome-screen-pack.html

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Hey buddy being in Canada you may be able to find them easy , I only use the elbow screen which is perfect. They are a accessory and come with the Arizer Extreme Q vaporizer and that vape happens to be made in Canada so I would say check out Arizers website directly . Ill try and look now for you and post up a link , gimme a second.

Here is arizer direct - http://arizer.com/store/en/arizer-v-tower-parts-accessories/41-dome-screen-pack.html
Hey dude, That's pretty sweet! Are you talking about the dome screen pack that's for the extreme q? They seem a little shallow in terms of depth? Have you tried the elb's from vape exhale? There longer those are the ones I was talking about.. haven't heard much on the arizer extreme q screens but they seem to work as well!

Andrew26,

Justpassedu

Hey dude, That's pretty sweet! Are you talking about the dome screen pack that's for the extreme q? They seem a little shallow in terms of depth? Have you tried the elb's from vape exhale? There longer those are the ones I was talking about.. haven't heard much on the arizer extreme q screens but they seem to work as well!
I have both arizer extreme q elbs that I linked to and the vapexhale elbs , I only use the top dome screen , I do not use the entire vapexhale evo elb screen as it does not fit perfectly and imo its not needed. Just the link I sent you is what I use , a dome screen to cap off the top of the heating chamber after I pack it and I removed the stock screen. Both the arizer elbow screen and vapexhale will fit fine in the cfx , I have tried both of them.

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
Okay so once you remove the stock screen at the bottom of the heating chamber you pack the herbs into the arizer q dome screen and load it into the chamber? What about the stock screen at the bottom of the mouth piece? People were removing that as well and replacing it with the cap for the elb from vape exhale.

Andrew26,

Justpassedu

I do not remove the stock screen at the bottom of the heating changer. I have 0 problems with that screen. The only screen I remove is the one that comes installed on the mouthpiece and replace that with the screen I linked you too for a bit better airflow and no clogging of the stock screen.

subway13029

A few people do pack the elb but it has to be slighty bent to fit..most of us use the top screen to top off the load ao you dont get bits in your mouth..i replaced the bottom screen as well..i used a dome screen in the bottom of chamber..

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
I do not remove the stock screen at the bottom of the heating changer. I have 0 problems with that screen. The only screen I remove is the one that comes installed on the mouthpiece and replace that with the screen I linked you too for a bit better airflow and no clogging of the stock screen.
Ah okay, do you load your herbs directly into the heating chamber? Or do you load your herbs into the dome screen as well then pop that into the heating chamber?
A few people do pack the elb but it has to be slighty bent to fit..most of us use the top screen to top off the load ao you dont get bits in your mouth..i replaced the bottom screen as well..i used a dome screen in the bottom of chamber..
Do you use the arizer q dome screens as well or the vape exhale elb's? Or just straight old school style and pack er in the chamber and rip?

Andrew26,

Justpassedu

Ah okay, do you load your herbs directly into the heating chamber? Or do you load your herbs into the dome screen as well then pop that into the heating chamber?

Do you use the arizer q dome screens as well or the vape exhale elb's? Or just straight old school style and pack er in the chamber and rip?
I load my flowers directly into the heating chamber and than I cap the heating chamber at the top with the dome screen , this will make sure you don't clog up the stock supplied screen as it has very tiny holes that get clogged after a use or two,. another option is removing the stock cfx screen and just capping it with the dome screen so you don't have to worry about the stock screen getting clogged and this will also yield you a slightly better airflow. The dome screen from the arizer eq will work aswell as the vapexhale. Now as for the actual vapexhale ezload bowl , it is a tight fit to get into the oven and you will slightly crush that bigger vapexhale ezload bowl trying to get it in there. Mine was a tight fit , I felt it didn't do much for me and I didn't want to take any chances damaging my cfx using it as it fits tight. I been very happy just using the dome screen and no stock screen at the top of the heating chamber.

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
I load my flowers directly into the heating chamber and than I cap the heating chamber at the top with the dome screen , this will make sure you don't clog up the stock supplied screen as it has very tiny holes that get clogged after a use or two,. another option is removing the stock cfx screen and just capping it with the dome screen so you don't have to worry about the stock screen getting clogged and this will also yield you a slightly better airflow. The dome screen from the arizer eq will work aswell as the vapexhale. Now as for the actual vapexhale ezload bowl , it is a tight fit to get into the oven and you will slightly crush that bigger vapexhale ezload bowl trying to get it in there. Mine was a tight fit , I felt it didn't do much for me and I didn't want to take any chances damaging my cfx using it as it fits tight. I been very happy just using the dome screen and no stock screen at the top of the heating chamber.
Ah okay now I understand what your saying, it does sound abit nicer and easier on the unit, then your not stuck trying to pry out the bottom stock screen either which I didn't really want to do in the first place. Apparently you need to remove the bottom stock screen in order to fit in the vape exhale elb is that correct? And do you find the chamber gets really dirty loading your herbs directly in the chamber?
Is their a site that sells both arizer dome screens and the ELBS from VE Cuz I'll straight up buy both lol

Andrew26,

YungLeaner

Ah okay now I understand what your saying, it does sound abit nicer and easier on the unit, then your not stuck trying to pry out the bottom stock screen either which I didn't really want to do in the first place. Apparently you need to remove the bottom stock screen in order to fit in the vape exhale elb is that correct? And do you find the chamber gets really dirty loading your herbs directly in the chamber?
Is their a site that sells both arizer dome screens and the ELBS from VE Cuz I'll straight up buy both lol
I know this is all kind of overwhelming information wise haha. I've been on FC for 6 months and now I speak the language like a local but it still gets absurd at times.

The Vapexhale Ez Load Bowls, commonly called ELBs, are thin stainles-steel mesh capsules for holding herb that have a cap also made out of stainless steel mesh. The caps are EXACTLY the same thing as the Arizer EQ screens.

The Arizer EQ screens are essentially the ELB caps. Both caps, irregardless of you pack the bowl, are INCREDIBLY helpful in that they can be swapped out for the screen that screws in on the bottom of the CFX mouthpiece, at the top of the bowl system. The screen that is built into the CFX standard is incredibly restrictive, and has 6-8 tiny holes that clog up very quickly. If you screw it off the ELB cap OR the Arizer screen is a perfect fit. You place it on top of the bowl, the bottom goes into the bowl and the rim sits seamlessly on top of the ceramic.

The bottom screen on the CFX is also probably restrictive. I myself have not removed it because I would need some sort of poker tool I don't own. It is also not as necessary as removing the top screen.

In summary, the ELBs will allow you to pack on the go, and also make cleaning less of a hassle. They fit in, with cap and all, almost perfectly, even with the bottom screen in. They must be forced in slightly, so they bend a little, but it is a good fit, and I like to do it some times for convenience and taste. Even if you don't do that, the ELB caps can also be used as the top screen.

If you don't desire a capsule system at all, then just get the Arizer screens, and replace the top screen. It will mean a little bit of maintenance to keep the bowl clean, but packing normally into the CFX bowl is already awesome. It is huge, which normally bothers me in a vaporizer, but it functions great with even small amounts of herb. The bowl gets pretty dirty, but a q tip dipped in rubbing alcohol followed by a burnoff works fine, although it does stain the ceramic over time (packing and vaping in it), taste will always go back to brand new with a little work put in.

I hope you enjoy!!! Stick around after you get it to share tips and pictures :)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I've fucked around with everything and have landed on the final answer for me.

I take out the stock screen and place a standard pipe screen inside the mouthpiece (you have to take it apart). After that I don't do anything else...no elb's, no arizer screens, and no fucking with the bottom screen. Air flow is great and the unit can keep up. I prefer to load directly into the chamber instead of using an elb.

Gandalf

For those of you who haven't taken out the bottom screen, won't this screen eventually need to come out anyway for cleaning purposes? I imagine the chamber screen would get pretty dirty after a lot of bowls have been vaped through it.

Jiffro

Hey guys, quick question. My new Boundless CF came in today, I switched out the stock screen, did a couple burnoffs, charged it for about 45 minutes or so, packed the bowl relatively firm, not too tight or loose, let it heat up on 400 degrees for about 40 seconds, and I am getting absolutely zero vapor. I can feel it heating up, I can see that the herb it turning brown, and yet after an entire month break from smoking to regulate my tolerance, I am at an absolute [0] and getting nothing out of this. Just some brown, wasted herb and no clouds as well as no taste. Even the mouthpiece is getting warm. This is slightly disappointing and I'm fairly confused, anyone have any ideas?

Edit: it was my mistake, I accidentally put a screen in the wrong spot and wasn't allowing my herb to properly heat up, thanks again everyone!

Last edited:

Justpassedu

Hey guys, quick question. My new Boundless CF came in today, I switched out the stock screen, did a couple burnoffs, charged it for about 45 minutes or so, packed the bowl relatively firm, not too tight or loose, let it heat up on 400 degrees for about 40 seconds, and I am getting absolutely zero vapor. I can feel it heating up, I can see that the herb it turning brown, and yet after an entire month break from smoking to regulate my tolerance, I am at an absolute [0] and getting nothing out of this. Just some brown, wasted herb and no clouds as well as no taste. Even the mouthpiece is getting warm. This is slightly disappointing and I'm fairly confused, anyone have any ideas?
Try a looser pack and just put it in with no packing at all. Also vapor clouds are dependent on material , make sure your flowers are dry and grinded well. Certain strains do not produce allot of clouds but will have a effect .

stickstones

Vapor concierge

This sounds defective. This really is an easy vape to use and shouldn't confuse.

Andrew26

Happy Dabber
I know this is all kind of overwhelming information wise haha. I've been on FC for 6 months and now I speak the language like a local but it still gets absurd at times.

The Vapexhale Ez Load Bowls, commonly called ELBs, are thin stainles-steel mesh capsules for holding herb that have a cap also made out of stainless steel mesh. The caps are EXACTLY the same thing as the Arizer EQ screens.

The Arizer EQ screens are essentially the ELB caps. Both caps, irregardless of you pack the bowl, are INCREDIBLY helpful in that they can be swapped out for the screen that screws in on the bottom of the CFX mouthpiece, at the top of the bowl system. The screen that is built into the CFX standard is incredibly restrictive, and has 6-8 tiny holes that clog up very quickly. If you screw it off the ELB cap OR the Arizer screen is a perfect fit. You place it on top of the bowl, the bottom goes into the bowl and the rim sits seamlessly on top of the ceramic.

The bottom screen on the CFX is also probably restrictive. I myself have not removed it because I would need some sort of poker tool I don't own. It is also not as necessary as removing the top screen.

In summary, the ELBs will allow you to pack on the go, and also make cleaning less of a hassle. They fit in, with cap and all, almost perfectly, even with the bottom screen in. They must be forced in slightly, so they bend a little, but it is a good fit, and I like to do it some times for convenience and taste. Even if you don't do that, the ELB caps can also be used as the top screen.

If you don't desire a capsule system at all, then just get the Arizer screens, and replace the top screen. It will mean a little bit of maintenance to keep the bowl clean, but packing normally into the CFX bowl is already awesome. It is huge, which normally bothers me in a vaporizer, but it functions great with even small amounts of herb. The bowl gets pretty dirty, but a q tip dipped in rubbing alcohol followed by a burnoff works fine, although it does stain the ceramic over time (packing and vaping in it), taste will always go back to brand new with a little work put in.

I hope you enjoy!!! Stick around after you get it to share tips and pictures :)[/QUOTE

Hey man wow great informative post, you just sealed the deal for me. This is why I absolutely love this forum!! Fucking awesome!
I'm ordering some ELB'S right now and my CFX should be in my hands by Thursday or Friday and I'll report back with some pics and updates :)
Thanks again buddy!

RelaxedNow

I take out the stock screen and place a standard pipe screen inside the mouthpiece (you have to take it apart). After that I don't do anything else...no elb's, no arizer screens, and no fucking with the bottom screen. Air flow is great and the unit can keep up. I prefer to load directly into the chamber instead of using an elb.

I tried @stickstones' recommendation, and the airflow has increased so much that it seems I have to slow my draw speed somewhat to get enough visible vapor to satisfy me.....(say THAT 3 times quickly). I'll have to test it more to be certain about the draw speed, but it definitely solved the restricted-airflow problem for me. I AM buzzed though, so there's that. I used an ESV screen; the coarser one.

I have ELB's on order, but I like the simplicity of this better than the top hats (no need to to insert it every time the CFX is loaded). I'll still try the baskets though, just to see if they add enough flavor to bother.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate

I've been using it exclusively the last few days, and I think I prefer it stock in chamber both ground and just with nug chunks. Will have to try it with a pipe screen (thinking a thin S&B one), I have been utilizing the Underdog WPA still with it, not sure if a pipe screen would be compatible, will check it out

@RelaxedNow I have been using a top hat in place of the stock mouthpiece screen, but I don't need to insert it everytime the CFX is loaded, I just pushed it onto the mouthpiece part where the screen was, it pops right onto it and remains secure. I like the top hat because its so thin and preventing bits from coming through, but I definitely want to try with a stock screen, got to dig around and see if I have one that will be thin enough, know I have Mighty screens that are pretty wide and I don't really want to use those...I'm sure somewhere I have something :lol:

Top Bottom