Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Sam, did you get an email unprompted about your order that it was being shipped on Thursday or was it in response to an email you sent them? I ordered on the first day, they took the money, I got the mass email about the delay, but I haven't received any email in regards to the actual order.
Sorry, I wasn't clear. That was the email sent to people who pre-registered.

sam reynolds,

EdE80

Sorry, I wasn't clear. That was the email sent to people who pre-registered.

I pre-registered, ordered the first day at 5 til the "official" release time, and haven't received anything from them other than my order confirmation email... Just wondering if anyone else has been left in the dark, or just me!?!?

EdE80,

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
Didn't DaVinci tell you they didn't have enough funds to pay customs for their international shipment? That is why they took pre-orders. That was a Friday. The funds from the pre-order cleared and are now in their accounts. Now they can pay customs.

This is how business works people.

edit: Wait till Thursday when the troll under the bridge wants some gold. Is that how this fairytale goes?

sxmokeUP,

mewash2

I pre-registered, ordered the first day at 5 til the "official" release time, and haven't received anything from them other than my order confirmation email... Just wondering if anyone else has been left in the dark, or just me!?!?
I got the notification email to order on wenesday, I placed my order. I got the order confirmation email. I have heard nothing since then. So, as far as I know, my unit should arrive today. Really sucks that they couldn't even notify everyone who had their order delayed.

mewash2,

tamale

Didn't DaVinci tell you they didn't have enough funds to pay customs for their international shipment? That is why they took pre-orders. That was a Friday. The funds from the pre-order cleared and are now in their accounts. Now they can pay customs.

That sounds about right.. Why else would they take our money without having the units, while claiming "There are limited batches coming in daily". If Da Vinci didn't already have an existing, functioning product, I would say they are 100% a scam.

I have gotten every email from davinci except the pre order email, and i was in the low hundreds on the pre-regristration list...really frusturating.
Does anyone know when I can order now?

ascendedthoughts,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Looks like my phone doesn't trust DV anymore either...

Cryzj0o.jpg

grokit

well-worn member
Not sure what is meant by "pay customs". But it sounds racist ;)

That was a winky-faced emoticon meant to imply sarcasm in case the above attempt at humor escapes anybody. But seriously what does that say about homeland security if they are looking to get their wheels greased? Glad this is a nonsense thread!

Toting an lsv around in a dime bag is okay but I WANT MY DAVINCI ASCENT. Yes it's mine I fucking paid for it now where the hell is it. Are they being held hostage at the damn border? Are they being opened and inspected individually? Are they made out of marijuana polymers like the big van in up in smoke, or henry ford's early auto body panel technology?
henry-ford-hemp-car-hit-with-hammer-strong.jpg

Is every 50th box stuffed with cocaine and heroin? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON?

Sorry for the rant. I'm just getting tired of waking up and wondering if this will be the day my ascent escapes its temporary purgatory at the border and I get a shipping notice.
:horse:

Last edited:

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Maybe that other person was correct and they needed you money to make the shipments or even make the product:shrug:. After seeing that vid I wonder how many are going to break the ascent emptying it.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

grokit

well-worn member
I'm not sure why I'm getting worked up about a portable vaporizer. It's bound to let me down in some way like any other portable vape out there, compared to a big-hitting easy to use plug-in unit of course.

I will continue to delude myself that the ascent could be the one though, until it arrives at least...
:popcorn:

Dreamerr

At the plant in China where they are first starting to produce the vapes now that they have the money. I don't believe, even if the first shipment got held up that they all did. It doesn't sound right but you all in business know better.

Dreamerr,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Didn't DaVinci tell you they didn't have enough funds to pay customs for their international shipment?

Where did this statement come from? It was NOT part of Vaped's original comment.

There a quite a few reasons why things can get hung up in customs (even down to "'Cause I said so, now go away... it's my donut break.")

Customs duty (heh...heh... he said doodie) comments, as far as I can see either come from 4th hand statements or just pure speculation. So please show me the original post where this was stated as I must have not seen it.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
It's supposedly all caught in US customs. I can't remember if we determined that or not. That's what a rep told me anyways. So if it is indeed the truth at least their on American soil.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: grokit

nigel

It's supposedly all caught in US customs. I can't remember if we determined that or not. That's what a rep told me anyways. So if it is indeed the truth at least their on American soil.
Vaped --

Thanks for the reply.

It is (was?) indeed stuck at US Customs instead of being delivered on Monday as it was supposed to. I have this confirmed.

They question is why are people making the claim it is stuck there because of duties (not unpaid shipping)?

You obviously didn't say that. Did someone else, with actual knowledge, make that, or is it just random speculation that other people are taking as true?

EDIT:
First reference I've been able to spot is sxmokeUP:
Didn't DaVinci tell you they didn't have enough funds to pay customs for their international shipment?

But they are asking someone else about it, so they aren't the source. Also, as they didn't quote the "you" in "you", I can't tell who sxmokeUP is asking for comfirmation.

nigel,

Dreamerr

But that is the first shipment what happened to the ones behind it. We are expecting shipments daily.
Nigel this is the nonsense thread so we can make up stories and assume all we want. No facts here.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Yeah I believe his mention of duties was meant as a joke. It is hard to convey emotion via a keyboard. That's how I read it anyways.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Dreamerr

I didn't even know we had :shit: in the USA customs...oops doodies or is it duty lmfao.

Dreamerr,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
But that is the first shipment what happened to the ones behind it. We are expecting shipments daily.
Nigel this is the nonsense thread so we can make up stories and assume all we want. No facts here.
This is where my concern as well as skepticism comes in as well. I don't think every shipment would get grabbed but I possess limited knowledge of customs so what the fuckcombustion do I know?!?!? Lol

nigel

But, Dreamerr is correct: There were supposed to be multiple shipments. If one box gets stopped, that's random. If multiple boxes get stopped (TO BE CLEAR: I don't know that this happened), then usually it is stopped for merit.

eg, I've seen footage of Customs taking a steamroller to counterfeit merchandise. (China being a pretty good source of that.)

Maybe US Customs thinks the Ascents are knock-off DaVinci's and all of our orders are going to get crushed under a steam roller!

[For those playing along at home: THAT IS A JOKE. I don't think that is really why they are stopped, but an example of one reason. Paka doesn't need the real thread flooded with 200 messages saying "Nigel said our units are being crushed by the government!!1!!"]

nigel,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

Dreamerr

yea nigel where is all the other daily shipments? Whom ever speaks to dv ask them that. I wonder if you will get an answer. This stinks bad but I am sure you will all get your stuff I just don't think we are being told the truth and that I don't like. When this happened with TET as mad as all where they told us the truth from what I recall even though people doubted it.

Edit: Nigel said our vapes are getting blown up by the gov and steamrolled but I am not sure why one would do that. I think Nigel also said that the gov is going to give mmj a try so they can legalize it and thought the ascent was the unit to do it with. No units for anyone on FC was the memo I read.

Oh and the China statement according to yesterdays posts is racist I think:shrug:?

vape4health

nigel, do you know at what time and what day orders are being crushed.
Will others vape being crushed affect my order. ;)

vape4health,
Reactions: nigel
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom