Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

smokum

I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!
Am I in the wrong thread? ya, ya'll made me check uuhgg

Where's the bitchin gone? Fuckin stoners are so inconsistant :p

smokum,

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
lwien.....lwien???? :)

Yeah...think I'm being generous for myself. Room temperature is probably closer than I know...

Shrike,
Reactions: lwien

vape4health

Am I in the wrong thread? ya, ya'll made me check uuhgg

Where's the bitchin gone? Fuckin stoners are so inconsistant :p
Nope, your in the wrong thread.
The mode changes with the title, mode ring, we get mode thread, new age hippy.
Let me be the first to post;

I JUST TRIED TO ORDER, WHAT THE FUCK. :)
What a minute, I'm in the wrong thread.

vape4health,

Custom Flower Hardware

Manufacturer
So did anyone else that got a pre registration email scheduled to order yesterday from 5 to 8 pm pac time and they couldn't place the order because it said currently unavailable? WTF is the use of all this pre pre pre shit if you can't order when they tell you too?? :hmm:

Custom Flower Hardware,

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
So did anyone else that got a pre registration email scheduled to order yesterday from 5 to 8 pm pac time and they couldn't place the order because it said currently unavailable? WTF is the use of all this pre pre pre shit if you can't order when they tell you too?? :hmm:
I'm guessing it has something to do with the customs snafu.

sam reynolds,
Reactions: nigel

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
I'm guessing it has something to do with the customs snafu.

On the first day at least, there was nothing but Stealth units to order. So that might be it. Or...

I imagine that, if you got a window to order, that you could, albeit for whatever was available, but no new emails are being sent out until this is resolved.

nigel,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I have a laptop and a wireless connection. I can sit on my lanai, which is less than 20 feet from the ocean, and mess with your head. :evil: Life is good.
The gods are among us:bowdown::rockon::tup:

Snappo,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Still not able to get them to respond in any human like way! Lol I've stuck with them this long I figure I can voice just a lil bit of my frustrations with them. It's all in good fun. They've actually stayed in touch with me very well and kept me in the loop, as a matter of fact the free t-shirt idea stemmed from a conversation that I had with davinci. So..... You're welcome. Lol

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Damn V&C, you are really giving them hell over on FB!! lol
Love your avatar! Chimay is my fav beer. Make my own at home also that comes pretty damn close in flavor, but not quite the suds on top.

Dear mod: This is the nonsense thread isn't it?:p But I did make it relevant by tying in with the "avatar" angle, so...free pass, please:cheers:

Snappo,
Reactions: toros23

toros23

Love your avatar! Chimay is my fav beer. Make my own at home also that comes pretty damn close in flavor, but not quite the suds on top.

Dear mod: This is the nonsense thread isn't it?:p But I did make it relevant by tying in with the "avatar" angle, so...free pass, please:cheers:

Cool, thanks! Took that photo a while back and I've had a love affair with Chimay Red for many years. I always keep a case of the smaller bottles on hand and chilled goblets in the freezer!

Do you like the red or one of the other two? Do you drink your home brew out of a goblet? Cannot believe what a difference the goblet makes.

Yeah, we are way off topic but this falls squarely under "nonsense" listed in the title for sure....

toros23,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Accessory Maker
Cool, thanks! Took that photo a while back and I've had a love affair with Chimay Red for many years. I always keep a case of the smaller bottles on hand and chilled goblets in the freezer!

Do you like the red or one of the other two? Do you drink your home brew out of a goblet? Cannot believe what a difference the goblet makes.

Yeah, we are way off topic but this falls squarely under "nonsense" listed in the title for sure....
I prefer the Blue Chimay due primarily to the higher alch. @9%, and the flavor I think is more robust and winy. Usually drink out of a frozen mug, nice and frosty. As you know, Chimay must be poured verrrry slowly and at a slant, or all will go to waste in the suds on top. And to remind all as to relevance to this thread, one can (must) say that the Davinci Ascent will surely be the Chimay of vaporizers!:wave:

Snappo,
Reactions: toros23

sam reynolds

Oy...good to be on the sidelines for this mess.

But I don't understand how they could possibly charge people money for something they don't even have in stock. I've never had a single company charge me a penny until the item was shipped.

How can DaVinci get away with doing otherwise? And are there any legal issues here?

Last edited:
sam reynolds,

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I wonder sometimes if this has all been the plan from the beginning and not just a series of unfortunate events. If it has indeed been a marketing tactic then it's absolutely brilliant! Lol

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

theCerberus

But I don't understand how they could possibly charge people money for something they don't even have in stock. I've never had a single company charge me a penny until the item was shipped.

How can DaVinci get away with doing otherwise?

I disagree, this kind of thing happens all the time; preorder, special order, backorder, kickstarter etc....
There are lots of scenarios where you prepay for something.

Last edited:
theCerberus,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

How can DaVinci get away with doing otherwise? And are there any legal issues here?

Welcome to the vape world. It is standard practice but I do think this was still different as we were led to believe they had stock.

Dreamerr,

sam reynolds

I disagree, this kind of thing happens all the time; preorder, special order, backorder etc....
There are lots of scenarios where you prepay for something.

I didn't realize they actually ran your card in advance for those, instead of on fulfillment...but then I've only ever done one or two pre-sales ever, so I don't have much personal experience. But that's how they worked for me.

This is the thing that gets me, though (from the email I got):

3.) We will send tracking details as soon as your item ships on Thursday, August 1st.
There's no hedging there. This is stated with absolute confidence as a certainty.

Is there no one over there who has worked with international shipping and customs before? I can't believe there wouldn't be, as they've obviously launched a product before. They know better, or they should, or they're lying.

Did anyone read that article in the New Yorker recently about the guy who promised to sell his apartment to about a dozen different people? Each person thought the apartment was theirs. He kept making promises and delaying and made excuses and was horrible with communication when deadlines and problems came up...and he took their money with nothing to show for it. Sound familiar?

Last edited:
sam reynolds,

sam reynolds

Sam that is an old con and they sell houses that way as well.
This is my point. And their inability to communicate honestly isn't helping.

Sorry guys, I'm getting bitchy about this. I guess I'm extra-sensitive to this sort of thing.

sam reynolds,

Rexxe

Sam, did you get an email unprompted about your order that it was being shipped on Thursday or was it in response to an email you sent them? I ordered on the first day, they took the money, I got the mass email about the delay, but I haven't received any email in regards to the actual order.

Rexxe,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom