Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread

Are you going to definitely buy the Ascent as things stand now ?

• Yes

Votes: 37 26.6%
  • No

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • Yes, and I want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Yes, and I DON'T want a pre-order from DV put in place

Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Who cares !! Just wait for it and shut up !

Votes: 37 26.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
It appears that our beloved FC mod indeed DOES have a "patient" sense of humor after all! Note our new thread heading: "
Ascent Vaporizer - The Ordering, Shipping, & Other Nonsense thread";)

I made mention of it earlier in the thread, but for a short time the thread was re-named:

GTFO

I has an amuse.

nigel,
Reactions: Snappo

2 Paces

Verb tense is fine. "There are limited batches coming in daily starting 7.29, and we will start shipping to our customers on the same day" is perfectly valid, and what I guess should have been said instead.

I get what you're saying, but even if that were the case, the verb tense should have been 'there will be limited batches coming in daily starting July 29'. The wording you suggested is clumsy at best.

Also, "coming in" != "arriving". The whole shipping event is a PROCESS, and "coming in" can speak to the whole process, whereas arriving is the END of the process. THey don't just magically snap fingers and have product appear. Even it it is shipped by air, it can still be a multi-day PROCESS. So, it it has left the factory, for example, I don't think anyone would argue that they aren't already "coming in", but not yet arriving.
example
So, yeah, the whole thing could have been worded better, as it seems there is a lot of ambiguity here. :)

I used to own a chain of retail stores that often ordered products to be manufactured in China then shipped from China. I know the process better than most.

I have never met anyone who would use the phrase 'units are coming in daily' to describe a scenario where units are expected to arrive in the future.

I think the big difference is that you think it was an innocent mis-wording on their part. I think it was intentional.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on this one ;). As I mentioned, I expected more delays, so no worries on my end.

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
2 Paces - I respect and agree with your wisdom and experience! Very insightful and corect!:nod:

Snappo,
Reactions: 2 Paces

lwien

I used to own a chain of retail stores that often ordered products to be manufactured in China then shipped from China. I know the process better than most.

Yeah, me too. Part owner. Consumer electronics chain. Never ordered directly from China though. Everything purchased through distributors, or factory warehouses located here in the states, but man, I can only imagine.......:uhoh:

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I made mention of it earlier in the thread, but for a short time the thread was re-named:

GTFO

I has an amuse.

When you move posts using this software, you select them and then move the selected posts to the correct forum as a new thread, which you then merge with the destination thread. The new thread needs a name and I tend to give it the name gtfo, which is my own little personal joke. It usually lasts less than a minute.

I realize that some do not see all ordering and shipping discussions as nonsense, but frankly, most posts along those lines are unnecessary, unhelpful, do not advance discussion in any way, and really are nonsense. Sorting out the serious ones is not worth the effort and is probably not even possible. Anyone is free to start another Lounge thread called "Ascent Shipping & Ordering: Serious posts only" or something like that, but I won't be policing it and I doubt another mod will step it. Meanwhile, I will be keeping the ordering & shipping clutter out of the Ascent thread, count on it.

lwien

I realize that some do not see all ordering and shipping discussions as nonsense, but frankly, most posts along those lines are unnecessary, unhelpful, do not advance discussion in any way, and really are nonsense.

Not nonsense if DV reads these threads and gets a sense of how this launch is affecting their customers. I see that as a good thing and has the potential to be VERY helpful, especially when it comes time for another launch of another product.

2 Paces

Yeah, me too. Part owner. Consumer electronics chain. Never ordered directly from China though. Everything purchased through distributors, or factory warehouses located here in the states, but man, I can only imagine.......:uhoh:

Yeah, I was a part owner too. For me it was a chain of discount stores, so we had a lot of Chinese made goods. I didn't deal with Chinese factories direct very often, but there were times the savings made it worth the nightmare :lol:

2 Paces,
Reactions: Snappo

Snappo

Accessory Maker
I realize that some do not see all ordering and shipping discussions as nonsense, but frankly, most posts along those lines are unnecessary, unhelpful, do not advance discussion in any way, and really are nonsense.

Pakalolo - please consider that some who seemingly make light are legitimately contributing to the deeper meaning that is shared. And while this may be duplicative, it is an affirmation and continuance of the thought process. Shouldn't that be respected here? Why take your finger off the pulse of the consensus if it's just as easy and correct not to? That said, and as Iwein says: "Not nonsense if DV reads these threads and gets a sense of how this launch is affecting their customers. I see that as a good thing and has the potential to be VERY helpful, especially when it comes time for another launch of another product."

nigel

The new thread needs a name and I tend to give it the name gtfo, which is my own little personal joke. It usually lasts less than a minute.

I was laughing my ass off when I saw that 'cause I figured it was you and got a sudden visual of you hunched over your keyboard, illuminated only by the display, muttering swears under your breath a la... uh... Yosemite Sam is it??? ("Razza-frazzing...something something")

I was just piseed it dropped of before I could screen-cap. :)

But thanks for the 411!

but frankly, most posts along those lines are unnecessary, unhelpful, do not advance discussion in any way, and really are nonsense.
Well... we have to do SOMETHING to pass the time whilst we wait.
:)

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I apologize. I kinda got the whole shipping convo going earlier. In my defense pak I was trying to do nothing more than convey legitimate info that I got direct from a rep that I believed to be pertinent information for the ascent thread. It just kinda spun out a bit after that. Again, not my intent and I apologize.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I apologize. I kinda got the whole shipping convo going earlier. In my defense pak I was trying to do nothing more than convey legitimate info that I got direct from a rep that I believed to be pertinent information for the ascent thread. It just kinda spun out a bit after that. Again, not my intent and I apologize.

No apology necessary, I know you were a victim of the Law of Unintended Consequences. It's probably more my fault than yours since I saw your post and let it stay, thinking that it would be harmless. :doh: Boy, was I wrong.

Snappo

Accessory Maker
No apology necessary, I know you were a victim of the Law of Unintended Consequences. It's probably more my fault than yours since I saw your post and let it stay, thinking that it would be harmless. :doh: Boy, was I wrong.
Thanks Pak for allowing the universe to play out it's drama:clap:

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
OMV-oh my vodka for those who don't know....nigel tooooooooooooo funny Yosemite Sam or paka as Yosemite sam....I can soooooooooooooooooooo picture it and still laughing. Hmmmmmm next time someone does your characture paka let them know to do it as Yosemite Sam:)

nigel

OMV-oh my vodka for those who don't know....nigel tooooooooooooo funny Yosemite Sam or paka as Yosemite sam

Ha!! For the record, that was more about "a character from childhood--swearing" than anything else.

I guess I could have said "Captain Haddock" as well. (With a should-out to my Hergé friends! [Holla!!])

EDIT:
But you [DREAMERR] are right... for as chill and level-headed as paka is, occasionally, buttons are pushed... and then EVERYONE wins...
:) :) :)

nigel,

salivape

Has anybody else had problems ordering to Europe? I entered vapor s thompsons comp for the $50 voucher as that would persuade me to order direct, so thought I'd double check that DV will ship to the UK.. and they don't. 'unfortunately we can not ship there' or something like that. WHY? I live in suburban London so its not because I'm in a rural area.. I've contacted DV but got no response.

smokie didn't you order one? Aren't you from the UK?

Also, not digging this new layout.. edit: ahhhh system update. Gotcha

Last edited:
salivape,

Vaporito

ARGH back to square one... I had pre-ordered from EZVAPES and guess what they already charged my card on 7/23... i chatted with them and asked them for a full refund.

WTF? Davinci and EZVapes charging our credit cards as soon as the order goes in?

I'm so turned off by the whole thing I guess I will be waiting until this item is not leterally "Vaporware"!

Don't get me wrong the original Davinci rocks, and I will get the ascent ONE DAY. but this whole thing has left a terrible taste in my mouth!

Vaporito,

eLiguL

I'm not making fun of China. Whatever I have said is fact and is in no way an indictment of the Chinese people but rather an indictment on their government. I have no doubt that if we here in the US had a government that didn't provide any oversight in this arena, that we would be just as entrepreneurial as the Chinese and do the exact same thing. You calling anyone a racist for simply calling out the Chinese government on this issue is silly, but the label, "racist" is so negative, that it goes beyond just being silly.

Ill just agree to disagree with you, I can sling a lot of mud about the US government here but ive already posted too much in a "non-sense" thread.

Good day.

eLiguL,
Reactions: grokit

grokit

well-worn member
Ill just agree to disagree with you, I can sling a lot of mud about the US government here but ive already posted too much in a "non-sense" thread.

Good day.

There are many US citizens more than willing to sling the same mud. It's called freedom of speech!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom