Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
My brother sold his vinyl plotter about 2 months ago. If he still had it, it'd be easy to do.

RE: Customization of the Ascent

I know DV is working on more styles for the future (where's my see-through steam punk model?!?) but in the mean-time:

https://www.mydipkit.com/shopping.html

I rather like the feel of the middle sections on the stealth (that soft rubbery grip), but if you have a stealth and want to make it Anti-Stealth, here's your skin:
https://www.mydipkit.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18&products_id=169
:)

I could even change my Burl to a different wood ;) but honestly, the DV wood is much nicer than theirs, so I guess I'm stuck going with "Sexy Zombie" :rofl:

[EDIT: I'm not sure if I'm remembering the Stealth correctly in terms of if it is the side panels or the middle that have that texture that feels cool.]

Last edited:
nigel,

Reveen

Anyone have any luck getting the Ascent to be more efficient? I have mine on ebay right now because its not as efficient as I would like. Just wondering if these beads or cotton alter the herb usage rate at all.

Reveen,

max

Out to lunch
SxmokeUp said:
It was stated that DV and GV were partners and that was the main reason why they were provided first dibs on the Ascent. They should be handling RMAs the same.

Gotvape has been in business a long time and is often a (or the) main distributor for many vape companies. That doesn't mean they're joined at the hip to every manufacturer or have the same business practices/procedures, nor does it mean they're always the best choice to buy from, consumer wise. They're likely to be the first dealer to ship a new model in many cases, but if you're willing to wait a little longer for delivery, you may have a favorite dealer you're more comfortable with.

Reveen said:
I have mine on ebay right now because its not as efficient as I would like.
Efficiency is mostly up to the user. Certain models definitely encourage using more (or less), depending on design, but I guarantee the Ascent can be very efficient, using the temp and loading capacity for that purpose.

max,
Reactions: OF

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
Efficiency is mostly up to the user. Certain models definitely encourage using more (or less), depending on design, but I guarantee the Ascent can be very efficient, using the temp and loading capacity for that purpose.

I'd like to hear testimonials, pro and con, from current Ascent users on the matter of efficiency.

Snappo,
Reactions: grokit

max

Out to lunch
I'd like to hear testimonials, pro and con, from current Ascent users on the matter of efficiency.
So you'd downgrade it if someone complains that they load large and use the max temp, and don't get good efficiency?

max,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
So you'd downgrade it if someone complains that they load large and use the max temp, and don't get good efficiency?
Not necessarily. But I expect individual reports to come from users who are making objective comparisons to other vapes they've used in similar quantities at similar temps. So far, however, complaints have been voiced on this thread concerning efficiency, but I believe they were relevant to units that had air gap/leak and temp gauge defects. A better gauge would be from folks who are satisfied with their Ascent's vapor production and present no evident functional defects, to include temperature gauging.

Last edited:
Snappo,

max

Out to lunch
I expect individual reports to come from users who are making objective comparisons to other vapes they've used in similar quantities at similar temps.
That would be fair, but the fact remains that the vape design either encourages or discourages efficiency (not that it's black or white, either/or, in all cases). No vape design prevents efficiency, but big hitters w/big bowls are rarely used with efficiency in mind (not enjoyable used that way), while a log vape with a fixed temp and small bowl (like the old Purple Days) will make it easy to stretch your supply, but force you to vaporbong if you want a good sized hit. Most pocket portables with variable temp tend to be on the neutral side (in the middle), efficiency wise. I'm not sure I'd buy a report of any huge difference between models of similar design.

max,

Snappo

Accessory Maker
That would be fair, but the fact remains that the vape design either encourages or discourages efficiency (not that it's black or white, either/or, in all cases). No vape design prevents efficiency, but big hitters w/big bowls are rarely used with efficiency in mind (not enjoyable used that way), while a log vape with a fixed temp and small bowl (like the old Purple Days) will make it easy to stretch your supply, but force you to vaporbong if you want a good sized hit. Most pocket portables with variable temp tend to be on the neutral side (in the middle), efficiency wise. I'm not sure I'd buy a report of any huge difference between models of similar design.
I, for one, will leave it to our intelligent FC community to evaluate and decide this issue for themselves. Cheers!

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
My initial thoughts if you care, are if you have herb to burn through just like the pax and want better taste the ascent might be for you. I have done some more precise tests and will have results when I am not so pissed off having nothing to do with this vape to be clear.

Reveen

I tried several different methods, temperatures, packing density, etc. and I was still going through my herb about 2-3x as fast as I would with my EQ. I'm not expecting to get the same efficiency as a desktop vape, but I felt like a lot of vapor was being wasted, enough that I didn't even want to use it. I don't think I'll ever get a vape that uses that much conduction again (just my personal opinion).

Krizzle

Hi Very high
My initial thoughts if you care, are if you have herb to burn through just like the pax and want better taste the ascent might be for you. I have done some more precise tests and will have results when I am not so pissed off having nothing to do with this vape to be clear.

Hi Dreamerr has the Ascent got you pissed off or lack of herb? Sorry to be nosey :p don't mean offense or anything.

I am watching this thread with keen eyes but the QC problems are a major let down :( only a handful of units that seem to work OK and I could be wrong but not a single member has a 100% problem free Ascent? I understand the original DV has been out over a year but does anyone know how long it was before V2 came out with the improvements? My guess is we will see a V2 of the Ascent sooner :) which is a good thing of course.

Krizzle,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Krizzle I said it had nothing to do with the vape but I guess it needs repeating....I am in a fucked up mood for weeks and it came to a head when I woke up so much so when I am like this I refuse to vape which makes it even worse and then bad things happen.

With that said I did a bunch of different tests and I am not done so just hold out for my report when I am able. One of the tests was solo size load in the solo and the ascent using the same time perimeters. This is good info IMO for those of us who aren't very technical and want to compare what they see and how they feel and how much herb they are burning through. Just be a little patient krizzle. If I wrote it today and the ascent was the best vape on earth it wouldn't sound that way in the mood I am in lol.

Medical Mark

Well I was in the head shop yesterday getting a mesch pad for my ascent so I showed the owner my ascent she said she talked to DV 4 days ago about the ascents and was told there recalled ?to my surprise.
So who knows mine works fine no problems at all. Only issue a scratch on the LCD screen but barely visible.
I'm receiving a other burl unit on Tuesday so ill be able to compare the 2 and personally QC them myself and do a good comparison.
The only issue I have seen is the battery power life seems to me to be shy of the 2 to 3 hour of use, its more like 1 to 2 but I'm not sure cause I've never used it straight through and temp variables would cause the battery to empty faster or slower according to the temp settings.
So besides that I can get nice clouds from this thing and it tastes awesome after I got through some electronic gassing which didn't tae long to disappear.
Anyway I don't know how this will pan out but I hope the issues are random and not the norm I'm sure there's a few hundred if not more floating around and the 5 to 8 people here are having issues is most likely a random thing.
Either way mine is working fine and I'm digging the way she medicates me on a medical level and is very smooth unit.
Cheers medical mark

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
DV 4 days ago about the ascents and was told there recalled ?

Not so much recalled, as not shipping anymore until they get stuff locked down.

The only issue I have seen is the battery power life seems to me to be shy of the 2 to 3 hour of use, its more like 1 to 2 but I'm not sure

Batt life, like in any other device is going to depend upon usage. For those people that live up in the high temps, for example, are going to have a lot lower usage out of a full charge. How you draw, pack, intervals, etc are all factors.

Also, I've never run my unit dry. It seems every time I go to turn it back on, it has more juice than it thought it had. This has been enough until it is time to throw back on charge.

@zongo47 How well will the vinyl you are using withstand the heat of the bottom part? Won't it shirk?

The process I linked to earlier would perform better under heat.

I can probably get you the panel dimensions. Just not Today.

nigel,
Reactions: grokit

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Anyone have any luck getting the Ascent to be more efficient? I have mine on ebay right now because its not as efficient as I would like. Just wondering if these beads or cotton alter the herb usage rate at all.

I have had decent luck w/ anything from a 1/2 to a full bowl (much better results w/ a full bowl). I really pack them tight. Finger packed is not enough, the oil tubs will compress it quite a bit more. I have never needed any type of spacer, as these 'pucks' stay tight to the bottom when properly packed. It seems as if I get more than double the hits from a packed oven than I do from a 1/2 packed oven.

As much as possible, I use the water attachment as opposed to the glass stem, as it creates a much tighter seal.

I actually kept track of today's session that I loaded and brought w/ me for lunch. I loaded the oven about 2/3 full of NYCSD. I then placed a dab of wax (about 1/2 the size of a pencil eraser) on top. On top of that, I filled the remainder of the bowl w/ Star Trek (sensei star x trainwreck). I packed and compressed the ST until the bowl was completely full. All told, pretty close - if not - a gram of flowers. I took 10 draws @385, 15 @410 and 15 @430. I then came back for about another 6 hits @430 later on. I could of kept going, but vape was getting wispy at this point. I do have kinda weak lungs, which might account for me not getting larger clouds - but even @385, w/ no visible exhaled vapor, there is a constant stream of visible vape emitted if you blow through the mouthpiece while in operation.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Always. Carefully culled, organically grown strains picked at the peak of trichome production. In house QC.
Same here! Why the hell aren't we getting similar results? I use a glass bead on top of the load, I wasn't getting any vapor until 385 before I used it. Like I said I'm getting great results as low as 360 now.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
Same here! Why the hell aren't we getting similar results? I use a glass bead on top of the load, I wasn't getting any vapor until 385 before I used it. Like I said I'm getting great results as low as 360 now.

I will try a bead to see if I get different results. Haven't felt the need to yet as the pucks remain so tight to the bottom. Also, on a full oven there is no room for a bead.

Snake Plissken,
Reactions: nigel

Medical Mark

I feel like the Ascent works best too with a tightly packed full oven. It might use a little more but it medicates effectively and evenly cooks the herb there's no combustion or waste.
Kne is sure rating good though.
Nigel when you say they get stuff works out? You mean the issues or shipping either way if there issues that need to be worked out do we then get a worked ot model or have to wait till our models cave ?
Just wondering cause mine works great.
Cheers medical mark

Medical Mark,
Reactions: nigel
Top Bottom