Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
With some of these positive reports concerning great vapor production, I'm beginning to feel hopeful that the Ascent will be for me soon enough. I will wait with baited breath however for DV to firm up the Ascent's internal design and function to ironclad standards e.g., no mysterious wires, air gaps, crooked bowls, flaking panels, glue spots, off-gassing, or plastic hairs. Cosmetics will be just as important. I'd like to see satin or polished solid stainless steel panels as opposed to black or chromed plating. I'd also like to see the croc skin variant that has the glossy raised round texture, not the flat. The charge indicator should register accurately, as should the temp gauge. Battery life needs to be 3 hrs. +. Proper initial battery conditioning could take place at the place of manufacture or off-site quality control location, before shipping. Better cooking efficiency may result from tightening up a few design features - e.g., a smaller "round" crucible may radiate the pack more evenly and completely than the ovular design now in use, and may be easier to seal.

I recently visited the Thermovape website http://thermovape.com/ ...and was very impressed with their manufacturing philosophy. All U.S., hand made, in house! A very high standard is applied to all facets of their product design and manufacture. If your interested, check out their website vids.

Reflections

@Dreamerr ill definately take note next time it doesnt open easily..lol.. ill even try the tapping pulling etc..thanks for the tip!

@nigel lol lucky me

Last edited:
Reflections,
Reactions: nigel

rsqemt911

Got enough power to cycle through and play around and do an initial burnoff on power. Stinks a lot and got a "little" whisp of mystery smoke. Fingers crossed

Reflections

rsqemt911...good luck with yours!

@grokit .. i bought a glass bead after going to 5 stores to find it ..sheesh..tried it out but then got nervous it might get pushed up by the herb and id have another problem..good to hear yours doesnt get pushed up..do u put it on top of the packed herb or pack it around it?

Reflections,

Smknbud

rsqemt911...good luck with yours!

@grokit .. i bought a glass bead after going to 5 stores to find it ..sheesh..tried it out but then got nervous it might get pushed up by the herb and id have another problem..good to hear yours doesnt get pushed up..do u put it on top of the packed herb or pack it around it?

Tried a glass bead, which worked, and also tried and ruined a diamond tip dremel bit and one glass jar trying to drill some holes to use that as a spacer....then I wandered over to my nearest Drugstore and got some organic cotton. I can wad that for any size bowl i wish to make. Easiest and cheapest surefire method.

Last edited:

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Well peeps on am on my first session with an ascent that nigel was nice enough to lend me. I didn't know if the bottom was easy or hard to get open so I didn't want to break the glass. I took out the top stem and used a tweezer to pull the screen up. I doubt that is a good idea as a routine but if you are ever worried it works. My thoughts after I use it for a bit. I will say I know what temp I like but started at 360 for the fuck of it and still got vapor so I am not understanding what the issue is. I did move right up to 374 and am getting ok vapor with ease. I take very short hits in case some don't know my MO.

grokit

well-worn member

Mine's a round plug, I had to file two sides flat to make it fit so it's perfect imo for a solid plug but it's not glass it's pipestone. Scroll back to see a pic, or wait for a photo of it in action. It was the plug removed from making a pipestone combustion bowl on a lathe.

I have some small glass screens on order that I also posted earlier, but the pipestone is working out great at this point.

Tried a glass bead, which worked, and also tried and ruined a diamond tip dremel bit and one glass jar trying to drill some holes to use that as a spacer....then I wandered over to my nearest Drugstore and got some organic cotton. I can wad that for any size bowl i wish to make. Easiest and cheapest surefire method.

I have some cotton coming as well, can't wait to try that. It seems like it will be the best for keeping the glass clean!

Reflections

I saw the pipestone pic i like it..also the other glass screens. Im thinking id need one almost as wide as the bowl..so it doesnt have a chance to pop up with the herb and damage the glass screen tube. Dont know if that would be effecient though..probably be best to always ck and make sure if doesnt open easily just pull it up the other pathway and dont force it. Would love to see more pics btw.

Reflections,
Reactions: grokit

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I think more folks will catch on to the cotton method once they've tried it and see that it really works well. Works wonders with the Solo.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I saw the pipestone pic i like it..also the other glass screens. Im thinking id need one almost as wide as the bowl..so it doesnt have a chance to pop up with the herb and damage the glass screen tube. Dont know if that would be effecient though..probably be best to always ck and make sure if doesnt open easily just pull it up the other pathway and dont force it. Would love to see more pics btw.
Don't over think it. I'm using a square glass bead. Check out pics a couple pages back. To get the herb and glass to lift at the same time you'd have to be sucking VERY hard! It's really a non-issue!

Medical Mark

I cut a glass jar in half and destroyed a other trying to drill holes.
I think I'm going to the head who tonight and grab a mesch pad like the one in the Plebty for oils and smaller bowl.
I tried a few different things but I think the mesch pad will work the best.
I sandwiched sme oil between the herb and it was nice and tasty and lasted a long time 10 miles of vapor lol.
Well its tasting better and better and the range of vapor production according to temps levels is ok but I find the best clouds are at 390 to 430 but hey no combustion so that good.
I thought my other nit would be here today but its a long weekend and it didn't make it so Tuesday is my comparison day of the stealth I have now and my other burl wood Ascents.
So far I like it alot.

Cheers medical mark

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Here MMark, these are yours -- I think you dropped them.

n s o u ', , , , . . .

:rofl:

I cut a glass jar in half and destroyed a other trying to drill holes.

EXACTLY what I was afraid of.

But glad you are getting good production from it. As the days go on, it seems as if those of us that have good units, are really enjoying them.

rsqemt911

Had to go to work. Still hasn't hit the 10 hour charge mark but it looked full when I left the house.

Called GV and told them about the missing WT adapter. Girl asked which one I wanted and thought that was the end of that.

Woke up to a missed call and VM from somebody there asking me to call back and "explain" the issue.

["You didnt include the WT Adapter"]

This was 3 hours after I called and an hour before they closed. and I didn't get the message till 10 pm. And the message ended with we are closed till tues due to the holiday so I won't be talking to them till then. Plenty of time to pick this thing apart and decided if its staying or going.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Just kickin back with my ascent. I really do love this thing!
oeiQ9zY.jpg

Top Bottom