Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
I would also like to know why @Davinci_vaporizer has been so scarce since the launch? You'd think they'd wanna be reassuring people that they'll be taken care of. I have a great working unit but, I feel like it may be just a matter of time before something on it goes wrong with all of the problems I read about so many of you having.

smokie

I would also like to know why @Davinci_vaporizer has been so scarce since the launch? You'd think they'd wanna be reassuring people that they'll be taken care of. I have a great working unit but, I feel like it may be just a matter of time before something on it goes wrong with all of the problems I read about so many of you having.

In dvs defence she got in touch as soon as I mentioned I had issues and is keeping track of progress from other end. Would think she will be doing same for other members

notorio

I sent DaVinci an e-mail with pictures of the defects as soon as I received my Ascent last Friday. I requested a refund by e-mail on Saturday after thorough inspection of the unit. I have still not received any response from DaVinci. I'm also kinda cheesed off that we have to pay return shipping, since tracked international from Europe is not cheap, and we are essentially paying for DaVinci's mistakes.

dirtydozen12

I contacted customer service to return my unit, extremely nice and easy to talk to but like we know they are not on the same page as DV. I was originally told I don't need a RMA because I'm not exchanging I'm just returning for a full refund (minus shipping cost -.-). So I decided to contact DV and she said I do need a RMA, so I called customer service again he reassured me I don't need a RMA just put my order number on a piece of paper in the box(spoke to same person twice). Then I get an email that Sam posted explaining everything I need to ship back and it includes a RMA. So I have nothing but great things to say about DV cause she even helped me with my yelp code issue when I first paid for my unit and she know what she was talking about for when it came to returning my unit. Everyone is still not on the same page though =[

sam reynolds

because "Samantha" is a mouthful.
Everyone is still not on the same page though =[
Yup. This seems to be their biggest problem. Until they get their shit together internally, I don't have any confidence in doing business with them. It's like sending a crackhead out to get pizza--you have no idea when or if he's coming back, or what's going to be on that pizza (if he even gets the pizza).

Their communication issues were a warning sign for us...

stickstones

Vapor concierge
@JCat

@grokit

JCat is like me...I had this huge arsenal of vapes but not a VAP2...completely overlooked and underestimated it. When I finally got it I was surprised at how much better it tasted than any of my other vapes...some five times the price. When JCat mentioned how much he liked the taste of the Ascent, I immediately looked at his collection list, because I think the Ascent's taste (on a properly working unit) is second only to the VAP2.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Just got off the phone with d.v. the second demo unit is going back:cry:...I actually spoke with someone and got it handled the first time i called:D
The representative was impressed that I was RMA#1 AND #30 something...guess I made ascent history:rofl:
I hope this unit from the new batch is not a dud...i love the ascent and just want a good unit i can use over a month and a half without it dying...
...too bad a refund is not an option, since i got it for free
...excited to see If the vapor lock works...but an nervous about the possible chance of it off gassing

WakeAndVape,

OF

I think asking us to return items like the sticker, social card and red tape is just an attempt to deny reimbursement. Since when do you dictate terms of return after the fact?

I think that might just be an oversight on the 'return it all' theme?

Otherwise, you're right, they can't change the rules after the game starts. They might even come up with the old 'well that's our policy' bit, but I know from first hand experience you can't do it that way. Everything has to be spelled out and agreed to (so called 'boxtop terms' as were once common on software aren't legal either...) or it reverts to the common practice. That's what's behind all the 'repair or replace' language I'm told. In our case, the customer wanted a replacement circuit board, didn't want to return the entire piece of equipment or pay for a service call. Our Lawyers told us to send the board.

Bottom line is to ask them to charge you the price for a used sticker.....what do they expect you to do, scrape it off the window you put it on to give them free advertising? It was yours, you did what you wanted with it, it's the unit not the sticker that's the issue.

If I was looking to preserve the remaining good will with my customers, this isn't the way I'd do it......

OF

baltik

The shirt, gong, and extra glass are considered gifts because I asked DV which items they need back so I can assure a full refund.

Hmm I got the same email and was in the process of returning everything - you are confident I can keep the shirt, gong and extra glass? Can you tell me who you spoke to?

My package is literally packed up next to me ready to go

baltik,

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
Just got off the phone with d.v. the second demo unit is going back:cry:...I actually spoke with someone and got it handled the first time i called:D
The representative was impressed that I was RMA#1 AND #30 something...guess I made ascent history:rofl:
I hope this unit from the new batch is not a dud...i love the ascent and just want a good unit i can use over a month and a half without it dying...
...too bad a refund is not an option, since i got it for free
...excited to see If the vapor lock works...but an nervous about the possible chance of it off gassing
Hey WAV,
Sad to hear a beta/pre-production unit is defective. Are you talking about the burlwood unit w/o clasp you posted a pic of? Other than the temp, were there other issues? How long have you had it before the unit went bad? Durability issues?

sxmokeUP,

2 Paces

The shirt, gong, and extra glass are considered gifts because I asked DV which items they need back so I can assure a full refund.

Fair enough, but I would have thought the sticker & card would fall into the same category. I didn't order (or pay for) a sticker or card, they just included it in the package.

I wasn't disputing it, I just thought the fact that they want the 2 cheap freebies back, but not the more expensive ones a bit humorous (and I understand that the shirt & glass probably could not be re-used for safety/health reasons).

2 Paces,

max

Out to lunch
Snake Plissken said:
I think asking us to return items like the sticker, social card and red tape is just an attempt to deny reimbursement.
I can guarantee you that your thinking is wrong. A slimy practice like that would be very bad for business, certainly not worth saving the cost of a refund.

All that they require, return wise, is what comes in the retail package.

max,
Reactions: OF

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Hey WAV,
Sad to hear a beta/pre-production unit is defective. Are you talking about the burlwood unit w/o clasp you posted a pic of? Other than the temp, were there other issues? How long have you had it before the unit went bad? Durability issues?
It was that unit, there were no other problems with it whatsoever...I had it for about a month, the first one I had (stealth) lasted for 3 weeks and it had panels falling off but it pretty much did the same thing as the new one
*RIP*

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: Hexi

sam reynolds

Look at all that medical grade glue exposed to the airpath:puke:
Oh god, you're right. Ew. I was wondering where air was coming in from during the leak test...so glad I'm not inhaling from this thing anymore.

Exposed the the airpath ???
Many units are experiencing leakage into the air tube. Not the "airpath" per se, but an alternate point of air ingress besides the bottom.

sam reynolds,
Reactions: grokit

Pappy

shmaporist
Yup. This seems to be their biggest problem. Until they get their shit together internally, I don't have any confidence in doing business with them. It's like sending a crackhead out to get pizza--you have no idea when or if he's coming back, or what's going to be on that pizza (if he even gets the pizza).

Their communication issues were a warning sign for us...
:myday:
Shit happens! I think we should put ourselves in DV's shoes. They aren't perfect but who is? They're acting professionally and trying to resolve a tsunami of issues. Let's treat them the way we'd like to be treated if the shoe was on the other foot.

Medical Mark

Got my ascent today(stealth)
Looks nice, no issues as of yet.
Everything fits nicely and look so nice. My Ascent came in dead as a rock and is charging right now.
I looked into the unit for exposed wires or anything suspicious and didn't seem to find any defects or issues of concern but I haven't used it yet either so time will tell.
Honestly it looks and feels like a quality product and the weight speaks volumes to me about its construction.
I like the adaptors u adaptor and regular too the both fit nicely and look cool especially the u adaptor.
The t-shirt fits awesome medium very cool design vape intelligently, I guess ill find out.
I didn't think the oil cans would be so small, this is nice.
I hope It performs well with no gasing of software issues, here's hoping I guess.
Ill keep you all up to date about my experience with the Ascent.
Cheers, medical mark

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
my Burl Wood Ascent was just dropped off at the post Office on its way back to Las Vegas for replacement. as per the instructions i got... i only send back the Ascent unit and the charger. i kept everything else. i was told this twice. so i hope i don't hit any snafu's from mis-communication.

sam reynolds

:myday:
Shit happens! I think we should put ourselves in DV's shoes. They aren't perfect but who is? They're acting professionally and trying to resolve a tsunami of issues. Let's treat them the way we'd like to be treated if the shoe was on the other foot.
Of course you're right, Pappy. I have no doubt that their intentions are good, but over the months they've developed a certain...personality.

Most of us have had that stoner friend who means well, but for some reason just can't get his shit together. Constantly forgetting or overlooking things, always late to meet up (when he remembers), says he'll bring chips and shows up with a half-eaten 99¢ vending machine bag...

Last edited:

lwien

Of course you're right, Pappy. I have no doubt that their intentions are good, but over the months they've developed a certain...personality.

Most of us have had that stoner friend who means well but for some reason just can't get his shit together. Constantly forgetting or overlooking things, always late to meet up (when he remembers), says he'll bring a bag of chips and shows up with a half-eaten 99¢ convenience store bag...

And it always isn't a "he". ;)

Top Bottom