Ascent Vaporizer by DaVinci

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
the only thing that really upsets me over this whole thing (so far that is) is that i had to pay to ship the unit back when it was clearly a manufacturer defect. i wouldn't mind paying if it was broken due to my error or even warranty work.... but it came to me effed up.... i shouldn't have to pay to send it back in my mind. oh well already did... so i can add $11.25 to my purchase price so far :(

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Thank you all for you observations on this vape and sincere apologies to all that are experiencing any and all problems.

We are still looking into the silicone issue as some batches appear to be having issues while others aren't. Having been in importing for a while, I have a feeling I know what happened and it's at the supplier level. That, in no way excuses us from any of it and we are working on a solution. The wires shouldn't be in the vapor path- that's bad QC and should have never even been sent to us or you. We still stand behind the product, and if you are having issues we will do our best to resolve them. For those wondering...we haven't shipped out any other units since the initial 2 batches, as intense testing is occurring to figure this out.

You guys are right, we are scrambling over here- half of us on the phone, the other half tearing apart these things all over the office.

There are 2 different scenarios happening: exchanges vs refunds

A RMA number is required for both. (this changed yesterday, so if there was no RMA number that's ok)

Refunds: return everything in the box (I asked what was up with the sticker, because that's just odd...and she said she just copied and pasted everything that was in the box. We don't really care about the sticker, social card or red band thing.) Units, charger, box, glass are important for testing purposes. The rest were gifts, so keep it.

Exchanges: Just the unit and charger are requested. I'd rather you keep the glass and have an extra set.

Ok, back to tearing things apart..I'll update as I know more.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
@grokit How is the pipestone test going? Or did you post already and I missed it?

Are they f'in kidding with the sticker and packing box red strip? Who kept the red strip thing. I ripped mine off when I got mine and threw it out.

I don't think they are kidding. I think they sent out a form letter. DV wants to do right by everybody here, and I don't believe they care about that stuff.

[EDIT: I see in the time it took me to post this that DV has answered. Yup, that was just a form letter (or copypasta anyway]

I think that might just be an oversight on the 'return it all' theme?

Yup.

I would also like to know why @Davinci_vaporizer has been so scarce since the launch? You'd think they'd wanna be reassuring people that they'll be taken care of.

I think they are trying to get answers first. If you recall on the last device, there was a period of quiet until they were able to fully research the issue, and then we had the president of the company address us directly. IIRC people weren't happy, but then once there was a definitive answer, it stopped being an issue.

it had panels falling off

Allow me to personally reassure you that the new bonding agent is MUCH more difficult to get into.
;) ;) ;)

Exposed to the the airpath ???

@lwien -- You forget, that for purposes of discussion in this thread, that the definition of "airpath" is "anything within a 30foot radius of any molecule of air, that might possibly even be seen by said molecule."
:rofl::lmao::rofl::lmao:

says he'll bring chips and shows up with a half-eaten 99¢ vending machine bag...

HAHAHAHA!!

BlueCloud

Bummer, I sent back my free gifts. Thanks for the update DV, I'am sure you will get this all figured out.

BlueCloud,

sxmokeUP

former combustionist
Look at all that medical grade glue exposed to the airpath:puke:
Looks like double stick tape to me, but can be classified as medical grade glue

Allow me to personally reassure you that the new bonding agent is MUCH more difficult to get into.
;) ;) ;)
Can you personally give us an idea what that bonding agent is?

If that bonding agent fails within the two year warranty, it better be covered because we now know that panels are capable of coming off and it is held chemically. Repeated heating and cooling multiple times a day for 730 days is a lot. If someone does a tear-down and sees Elmer's or even strips of tape like material (due to issues at the supplier level), smh...

Pappy

shmaporist
Most of us have had that stoner friend who means well, but for some reason just can't get his shit together. Constantly forgetting or overlooking things, always late to meet up (when he remembers), says he'll bring chips and shows up with a half-eaten 99¢ vending machine bag...
:rofl:

njluvdr

Keep calm and vape on
Thank you all for you observations on this vape and sincere apologies to all that are experiencing any and all problems.

We are still looking into the silicone issue as some batches appear to be having issues while others aren't. Having been in importing for a while, I have a feeling I know what happened and it's at the supplier level. That, in no way excuses us from any of it and we are working on a solution. The wires shouldn't be in the vapor path- that's bad QC and should have never even been sent to us or you. We still stand behind the product, and if you are having issues we will do our best to resolve them. For those wondering...we haven't shipped out any other units since the initial 2 batches, as intense testing is occurring to figure this out.

You guys are right, we are scrambling over here- half of us on the phone, the other half tearing apart these things all over the office.

There are 2 different scenarios happening: exchanges vs refunds

A RMA number is required for both. (this changed yesterday, so if there was no RMA number that's ok)

Refunds: return everything in the box (I asked what was up with the sticker, because that's just odd...and she said she just copied and pasted everything that was in the box. We don't really care about the sticker, social card or red band thing.) Units, charger, box, glass are important for testing purposes. The rest were gifts, so keep it.

Exchanges: Just the unit and charger are requested. I'd rather you keep the glass and have an extra set.

Ok, back to tearing things apart..I'll update as I know more.

My email from Aaron with instructions to send back for replacement never mentioned the charger. Hopefully this isn't an issue.

njluvdr,

Snappo

Caveat Emptor - "A Billion People Can Be Wrong!"
Accessory Maker
I'm keeping my fingers patiently crossed for all of these issues to be remedied. After much deliberation, I opted to cancel my order and will wait for however long it takes to have an Ascent that meets Davinci's advertised claims and my high expectations. Meantime, I remain faithful to my vaporlicious Solo, always efficient and eager to please. Will keep my finger on the FC pulse so I'll know when to pull the trigger again on the Ascent. Keep up the good work my friends, and keep the faith.

Tweek

I dont know why you guys wouldn't pack the charger to begin with...it is part of the package. But I doubt they will bust your chops over it, either way.

Tweek,

theCerberus

I dont know why you guys wouldn't pack the charger to begin with...it is part of the package. But I doubt they will bust your chops over it, either way.

Because I am not returning it (RMA replacement), I thought they would only need what was broken.
Anyways I asked the rep what I needed to send back, I specifically asked if I needed to send back the glass, charger, manual, etc. He said just the unit. That's why I did what I did.

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Because I am not returning it (RMA replacement), I thought they would only need what was broken.
Anyways I asked the rep what I needed to send back, I specifically asked if I needed to send back the glass, charger, manual, etc. He said just the unit. That's why I did what I did.

No worries about the charger. Next round you'll simply have 2.

Medical Mark

Well got my ascent all charged up, sand did a burn off at 220, 340, 380, 430 and at first I could smell a bit of electronics but after the 4 burns I don't really smell much anymore.
I tried the flash light test for fumes or gases coming off of the grill and heating bowl ut I don't see anything at all, tried black back ground darkness but nothing.
This is a good thing right, also the digital display does have a smugde but that's the only complaint so far.
I haven't tried it yet just letting it getting all charged up before use.
It says its fully charged but ill give it a long initial charge.
I'm glad there wasn't much gases being released from my unit but there was a new electronics smell when burning off but barely noticble.

Can't wait to try this thing out, its gonna happen soon.
Ill let you now how it holds up and works for me, cheers medical mark

Reflections

Busy all morning so could'nt try mine out till this afternoon. I cant find marbles or glass beads anywhere! So i just vaped what was left from yesterday with my glass bubbler and was very satisfied.. got some clouds too.. I think it definately works better with dryer herbs and packed tite.

Reflections,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
Well got my ascent all charged up, sand did a burn off at 220, 340, 380, 430 and at first I could smell a bit of electronics but after the 4 burns I don't really smell much anymore.

mine is gone out for replacement and who knows how long it will be before i get a new one back (hopefully it will be extra QC'ed). when i do get it back i want to do some burn ins before i test. how long did you leave it on at those temps? how long was the total burn in time??

Thanks

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd

JoDa Glassworks
Glass Blower
Mines still doing great! My only real complaint is that the battery life seems much shorter than advertised. I've been trying to condition it to see if it gets long but I don't think it's working.

VaPeD&CoNfUsEd,
Reactions: marvil701

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Just a mind thought from reading about batteries from all these threads...aren't batteries coming dead dead a concern? It will reduce life and if they go out to vendors/retail stores and sit on shelves you will have a product that won't go far if anywhere at all. DV you need to eventually fix that issue as well. I know these first units are going through more testing hence the batteries being run down but that needs to be fixed in the future IMO.

Snake Plissken

Transcendentalist
woke up this morning and gave the ascent another shot to make sure it was not user error. I had a full charge on the unit and took 4 hits. They were ok, but when I glanced at my battery indicator I only had 1/2 capacity left. Does that mean that mine is turning into an 8 hit battery life? Also, if you plug the bottom where the glass stem lives and blow through the mouthpiece, you can feel air exiting the main body. Never gonna get a decent hit that way.

I wanted this to work so bad. I really want the vape that was advertised. I do think that they will eventually get their shit together, but not any time soon - the issues are too widespread. Someday, after many glowing reviews and time passed, I will get another. I have decided on getting a refund and trying to find a vape that will work in the meantime. I spoke w/ Aaron @ dv and it was a fairly painless process.

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Well got my ascent all charged up,

Glad it seems you got one of the good Stealths! Hope you enjoy your sessions!.

They were ok, but when I glanced at my battery indicator I only had 1/2 capacity left. Does that mean that mine is turning into an 8 hit battery life?

I think the battery indicator is a little wonky, especially after a few hits in a row. Had a buddy hit mine like a crack fiend on payday. Handed it back and it looked almost empty. Charged it for a only few before leaving the house, and on next boot, showed much fuller than it could have in that time, and I used when out for the rest of the night.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Nigel did you do a long initial charge and then charge after like two sessions to train the battery? I get more sessions on my PN then most cause it was trained. I had to learn and each vape is a little different and it would be nice if we were told what to do but as some of you battery gurus know all give different answers.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: Snappo

trezhunter

Reporting my findings..
Just got mine in today.. Scuffed Inner LCD screen. The unit REEKS of plastic/low-grade silcone.. I am still offgassing on burnoff#5 now... & Found a nasty little bonus in mine... HAIR!!

(sorry for the crappy iphone pics)
2v29xnc.jpg
28wfmys.jpg

Does anyone else see lots of scattered little hairs inside the bottom of thiers? I saw some laying across the semi-translucent insulated wires, and more blatantly in the hole on the other side.

Maybe this is the source of this toxic emminence filling up my room at the moment..

..this level of quality goes beyond poor QC.. but that's still definetly an issue...

(edit: I just verified that the "hairs" are actualy strands of melted plastic from various spots like the posts behind the grill.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom