Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
I personally will not make a decision on which one till we can see all three new textures on one page that says final. They have been changed/tweaked so much we have no idea which was the final revision.

Glifax

I personally will not make a decision on which one till we can see all three new textures on one page that says final. They have been changed/tweaked so much we have no idea which was the final revision.

I agree. I will probably go with the Black Stealth. But the Burl Wood could change my mind if the looks are there.

Glifax,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery

On DaVinci's own site, they still have images up of the older styles. :)

But I'm fairly certain the three designs are fixed at this late point for initial release.

Additionally, remember the Rep *did* say that they were looking at more designs and customization in the future...

nigel,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Yes, I like the custom idea but that will be down the road long after we have ours. When the real pics go up then I will decide. I hope they go up before they are available or I will have to make a snap decision and as a woman that is not good. I need to ability to change my mind and do it often.

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
The casing is designed so that it can be easily changed, allowing an endless variety of combinations of colours and materials. I expect lots of changes and/or options.

nigel

The casing is designed so that it can be easily changed, allowing an endless variety of combinations of colours and materials. I expect lots of changes and/or options.

What's a "casing"? Would that be a cosmetic shell on top of the exterior (two layers), or is that just the exterior itself of the vape (1 layer)?

I ask because of the battery access question.

Also, you challenged me into getting into the bottom area a few pages back:

You won't be taking this thing apart in a hurry. I did specifically examine it to see how difficult it would be to disassemble, and there are no obvious screws or seams.

But yet you were able to get the "casing" off?

Interesting.

EDIT: If it is indeed and easily removable cosmetic shell, then that means it really doesn't matter which model we buy, as we can change it up with (presumably cheap) cosmetic shells. You wouldn't be able to do that if the design was built as the whole exterior.

nigel,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
What's a "casing"? Would that be a cosmetic shell on top of the exterior (two layers), or is that just the exterior itself of the vape (1 layer)?

I ask because of the battery access question.

Also, you challenged me into getting into the bottom area a few pages back:

But yet you were able to get the "casing" off?

Interesting.

EDIT: If it is indeed and easily removable cosmetic shell, then that means it really doesn't matter which model we buy, as we can change it up with (presumably cheap) cosmetic shells. You wouldn't be able to do that if the design was built as the whole exterior.

I meant the exterior shell. It's not user-swappable. Yet.

I did not get the casing off, I just examined it for ease of disassembly. If you're clever about these things then yes, you will eventually get it apart.

pakalolo,

jasong

i hope they will make them where you can put anything you want on it. i would love to have a vape with my fave underdog on it

jasong,

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
Does anyone feel something else went wrong with this during testing? Now they are trying to fix the problem before they can release?

V8pire,

nigel

Does anyone feel something else went wrong with this during testing? Now they are trying to fix the problem before they can release?

Guess you missed this post:

Hey guys, just checking in. Glad to see the optimism on the board as we're working hard to get the Ascent out for you in a perfect state. Just to clarify, it really was just the packaging, but as anyone who met Cort at TYE noticed..he surely is a "fussy perfectionist"! So while waiting for that...he started tweaking buttons. Shouldn't be too long now and I'll keep ya'll updated.
"it really was just the packaging, but..."

Yeah, I've done that. Not delayed a project for more tweaking, but if it is delayed for other reasons, TWEAK AWAY!

I understand the compulsion to keep adjusting things. (I've now re-opened this post five six times for minor tweaks...punctuation, word changes, etc) If some of my projects didn't have due dates, I'd still be refining them today. Projects from years ago.
;)

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
Guess you missed this post:

"it really was just the packaging, but..."

Yeah, I've done that. Not delayed a project for more tweaking, but if it is delayed for other reasons, TWEAK AWAY!

I understand the compulsion to keep adjusting things. (I've now re-opened this post five six times for minor tweaks...punctuation, word changes, etc) If some of my projects didn't have due dates, I'd still be refining them today. Projects from years ago.
;)

I had seen that but she said he was perfectionist and I wonder if it was more of malfunction? or something else they are not going to share?

V8pire,

nigel

I had seen that but she said he was perfectionist and I wonder if it was more of malfunction? or something else they are not going to share?

Let's not engender speculation devoid of facts.

Or, if we are, let's at least make it more interesting by speculating that the staff of the company has been taken over by perfect body-double aliens (all oddly with the first name John) and the delay is the rush to get their alien mind-control devices crammed into the spaces around the batteries.

This, BTW, also conveniently gives us the explanation for why the battery compartment is no longer user-servicable...

:p

Vaporito

I dunno, I own the davinci and I find the build well done to the last detail. And with the ascent being an improvement the "Lexus". Of their vaporizers I would bet it's exactly like they said.... Some final tweaks.

Their reputation for their current product, their customer service, and yes even the lack of comments, leads me to believe that they are quite honest with us, and would rather not say anything unless they do have something worth sharing.

Eventhough my wife and I love the davinci, we are as anxious as everyone else for the ascent.... It may be even more for us because we already know how great their products are...

It's just a matter of waiting a few more days.... We waited this long.... Almost there... Tick Tock....

QuicksilveR

Man I just got back from the gym...I've been combusting for the past couple of months since I lost my iolite and I think it's catching up to me. Davinci I need the ascent as its becoming a health issue lol

I wonder if during my physical when the doctor asks if anything's changed I am supposed to say: "yes I have been combusting"

QuicksilveR,

ECK

I dunno, I own the davinci and I find the build well done to the last detail. And with the ascent being an improvement the "Lexus". Of their vaporizers I would bet it's exactly like they said.... Some final tweaks.

Current DV owner here, who just happened to stumble into this thread (a friend of mine is waiting for the Ascent). The DV has had several revisions since its original release, and many of the improvements were as a result of comments from FC users. Check the DV thread for evidence of this, if you can handle reading another 100+ pages.

Point being, I was surprised not only by the build quality of the DV, but by the way the company reacts to customer concerns about the unit and fixes them on the fly.

Off the top of my head: the new magnet lid, improved battery life, remembering default temp unit (F/C), and oilcans were all post-introduction improvements... I think?

Point being, it's probably not a malfunction, they just realized a way to make an improvement.

ECK,
Reactions: Glifax

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
With a new product you continue to find things you can tweak. That's like any electronic they have the second release with all the changes. Even with all the tweaks more tweaks will be needed and probably have an ascent 2 or whatever. At least send out some review units let them test and give feedback then make changes as needed. I am glad I didn't bet on the release cause I thought for sure pre orders would of at least started by now.

V8pire,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
saw this on Davinci's FB page... it's an older post (5/23/13) but not that old......

new to the portable vapes, did many hours of research, and decided to go with u guys. sucks the ascent isnt available, i saw some reviews on it tho, how did they get em?
Like · · May 23 at 6:49pm near Lawrenceville, GA

DaVinci Vaporizer Thanks Peter! We really appreciate the business, you'll be happy with your DaVinci. As far as the reviews go, some of these guys have tried out the Ascent first hand. There are a few floating around out there...just not many.

so Davinci...... if there are review units out in the wild and as you say "the FC community is your top priority" why have the FC members that should get review units not getting them?? i just hate reading contradictions from here on your FB page

green2brown

so Davinci...... if there are review units out in the wild and as you say "the FC community is your top priority" why have the FC members that should get review units not getting them?? i just hate reading contradictions from here on your FB page

Maybe some people who have tried it at the expos have then written reviews based on their experience? Or perhaps beta testers were allowed to post reviews?

green2brown,

nigel

As has been stated MANY TIMES, the person running the FB account is A) someone else, and B) might not be on the right page 100% of the time.

We've known that there are a few units out there, but those are by no means final production units. They are prototyping and manufacturing sample units. I wouldn't want to see reviews off of those, as many things can change before one hits final production.

Actual reviews, based on final units, should be soon.

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I wish they would hurry up and release it just so I can shut down this pre-release gripe session of a thread. Really...reading this thread can be like coming into a room full of angry girlfriends sometimes. Let's have more patience and less nit-picking. Soon enough you all will either be vaping from this thing or hating your friends that is.

Sounds like their PR department needs some work.

I'm still debating on waiting or not. I was really looking forward to taking it on a trip in 2 weeks but that seems unlikely.

Stupendamatic,

Davinci_vaporizer

Clean First Technology
Manufacturer
Hey all,

So just to address some contradictions and updates....

There are a few units floating around- they went to our master distributors when we received the first round. Kind of hard to sell them on something that no one has ever seen- plus we need to get the validation that we are on the right track. I'm betting these units were passed around to friends though. I haven't released any to the public yet...BUT according to DHL tracking I have the review units coming in Thursday and will start to ship them out. :clap:

Regarding the adapters- I'm giving them to all FC members once we open presale. I'll give you guys promo codes or something. You will have a choice of u-adapter or the straight adapter and of course we'll have them first. GV has a VERY limited supply of the straight ones...I'm not sure how they're guaranteeing that everyone will get one.

Haiku---yeah really sorry, I've been busy. That hour to do this has eluded me. Ok- I'll do it by this Saturday or everyone gets free Ascents. (See now I gotsa)

Final update- we're super duper close to release date

So...this brings me to a question- I know everyone wants to be first in line, I get that. I decided not to do a presale based on your guys' negative connotation about them, especially with us not having a solid release date. What are the thoughts on this, maybe I'll change it up with the next product...maybe.

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Thanks for the updates....exciting to hear it is getting close now.

I believe you should ship mine first...and then all the rest will just fall into place. :)

Seriously though...pre-sales are fine "if" you can get the pre-sold not to whine when you don't meet your own deadlines. Think that can be managed...naw...I didn't think so either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom