Discussion in 'ABV' started by 1_gr8_underdog, Jan 9, 2013.
Awesome, thanks for the explanation!
Cool, thanks nigel!
i got an idea for ya dv why dont you just send me my ascent when you send me back my new dv for the broken one i just sent back
i think that would rock if i do say so myself
It all depends on who's doing the presale, I'd i'd send Davinci $ now if i could.
I would prepay but there should be a limit on the amount of pre-orders or the ability to see your spot in line before you commit to paying. It would be horrible to be locked into a purchase and have to wait for more inventory while the third party sites will be advertising in stock.
Hey Davinci is there another option other than the adapter? Also I like the idea of presale but thats just me.
I pre ordered from GV on April 14th, while also registering direct with Davinci. What do you guys think would be the best route; keep my order with GV, or wait until the unit is released and order through Davinci?
By the way, I really appreciate all of the information and feedback that everyone has been posting. I had no idea that the community of non-combustible users was so large. I started to vape a few years back and have, up to this point, thoroughly enjoyed my No2 portable and Extreme Q. My only issue is that I need something more portable, as well as something that can hold a charge. I fell in love with the Ascent, but have been somewhat disappointed with all of these delays. I do understand that innovation takes constant reiteration through the sectors of technology, market, and implementation. This said, it is clear that Davinci understands this innovation pipeline, just wish that they would have nailed down a more solid release date. I am, however, confident that all of these delays will be well worth the wait.
Vape on my friends, Vape on!!!
I think a presale is a great idea!
If you don't want to preorder, simply don't lol
I Don't see how a presale could be bad on either end.
Us wanting to definitely buy one will be set!
Davinci gets my money.
We are both happy.
If you don't want to preorder, simply do not.
TAKE MY MONEY!!!
Thank You for the update DV. I will gladly hand over my money now and wait. That just me.
This is great news DaVinci! I sold my DaVinci so I could get the Ascent on the first release day and have been w/o my vape for a loooong time now. Waiting anxiously for the release. Yes, I am on the pre-registration list!
Thanks for the updates! I'm hoping I'm on the list, I did register. I would gladly preorder from DaVinci if that were allowed. That would be a good idea IMO. Can't wait for the vapory goodness!
What's this list we're registering for? And how do I do it? haha I just wanna get this thing in my hands ASAP!
It was a pre-registration list on the DaVinci webpage for the Ascent which included a small survey. It's been down for awhile I think. They had a bunch of people sign up if I remember right.
I think the registration they are talking about refers to the pre-registration on DV website. It's not a pre-order but more of a first come first serve type of thing where DV contacts the consumer saying they are ready to ship. ... Or that's the info I have gathered from reading all the post for the last week haha.
Also, if you mention you heard about DV ascent from FC then you get a gift... or so I've read.
And it's still up. I signed up for it last week
Ahh sorry flip the responses to the posts around. I don't think I can edit my last post.
mod note: Apology appreciated, but note that you can edit your post for a limited time that is a lot longer than the two minutes between your posts. Two posts merged.
• Just read the rules (which is a rule).
• Lurk moar.*
• Be nice.
• Don't ask the same questions that have been asked 1,000 times. (Read the wiki first, if you can't read all 120 Pages of this thread)
• And for god's sake, DO NOT ASK WHEN IT WILL BE RELEASED.
Do that, and you'll fit in fine here.
[* I know you've lurked, so not directed at you]
Thanks for that clarification. I have been unclear on that issue up to this point.
Dammit. Back-to-back posts merged. Thought there was another post that came in.
mod note: Thanks for trying, but you still had back-to-back posts. Two posts merged. Now it'll look even odder.
Hahahahaaha, you broke a rule...back to back posts and your worried about me being crazy
Edit: Now I am going to look like an ass when the mods remove the second post. I should have quoted oh well. I am what I am. Now let that song stay in your head for the night.
Ok, I created a long overdue Ascent Gibberish thread for all non device tech related posts or release announcements......... http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/ascent-vaporizer-the-gibberish-non-device-tech-thread.9803/
PLEASE stop wasting my (and many others) time with unrelated fluff
Davinci sure seems to be marketing their original unit quite heavily via facebook. I'm starting to wonder if a need to sell off some of their current inventory is a reason behind this delay.
Also, last week GV had said that pre order customers would be receiving shipping confirmation within 7-10 working days. No release date has been confirmed and this upcoming Monday will mark the 10th 'working day.' It appears that the distributors working with Davinci are just as clueless as the rest of us.
Don't think you'll reach consensus on this. Taking money before a product is released will be viewed by some as heavy handed. I personally wouldn't pay in advance. I think Pre registration is indication enough of my interest.
Clearly you haven't read the miVape thread. More important to me, you haven't read the original Cera thread.
I don't know why you want to suspect DaVinci of a hidden agenda. Why would they start lying to us now?
Gotvape has proven over and over again that you cannot rely on their information. They have stooped to some pretty low tactics here to secure a sale.
I would stop wondering. The decision makers at DV are very astute. They've not only designed the Ascent with FC feedback as a priority (even started a survey thread), they've also paid attention to the debuts of some other models which ended up looking premature. They want to make absolutely sure the Ascent is 100% ready for the public, even to the packaging. And since the parent company, Organicix, LLC, has been successfully manufacturing and selling the Karma brand e-cig for almost ten years, I don't think they need any extra DV sales to pay for the final stages of the product launch.
As for Gotvape, paka is correct. They'll deliver the product, but they'll also BS and stoop.
I'm so glad another new member stopped by to bitch and speculate about what we're all tired of hearing...Thanks!!!
Three mod posts in a row! Success, noobs!
(Sorry to not add anything worthwhile, but I just had to point this out)
Wow I successfully pissed off three moderates in a matter of minutes...pretty impressive. Sorry, I just thought it was strange that so much attention was being placed on the original Davinci. Didn't realize that this quandary has already been brought to everyone's attention on multiple occasions. I'll leave these thread posts to the professionals. Once again, sorry for the uninformed postings on my part.
Its ok dude but every company would be running promos and really pushing the previous generation unit before a new one is released its just normal. Im also pretty sure they will drop the price of the older unit once its released which is also standard practice.
Separate names with a comma.