1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.

Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Discussion in 'ABV' started by 1_gr8_underdog, Jan 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rexxe

Rexxe Member

Awesome, thanks for the explanation!

2. Rexxe

Rexxe Member

Cool, thanks nigel!

C No Ego likes this.
  3. jasong

jasong Well-Known Member

i got an idea for ya dv why dont you just send me my ascent when you send me back my new dv for the broken one i just sent back :tup:

i think that would rock if i do say so myself:rockon:

4. VaporsVaporizer

VaporsVaporizer On the Stoop

It all depends on who's doing the presale, I'd i'd send Davinci $ now if i could. :D

5. sunnyoutside

sunnyoutside New Member

I would prepay but there should be a limit on the amount of pre-orders or the ability to see your spot in line before you commit to paying. It would be horrible to be locked into a purchase and have to wait for more inventory while the third party sites will be advertising in stock.

Glifax likes this.
  6. GanjaDude

GanjaDude Well-Known Member

Hey Davinci is there another option other than the adapter? Also I like the idea of presale but thats just me.

7. jonumich25

jonumich25 New Member

I pre ordered from GV on April 14th, while also registering direct with Davinci. What do you guys think would be the best route; keep my order with GV, or wait until the unit is released and order through Davinci?

By the way, I really appreciate all of the information and feedback that everyone has been posting. I had no idea that the community of non-combustible users was so large. I started to vape a few years back and have, up to this point, thoroughly enjoyed my No2 portable and Extreme Q. My only issue is that I need something more portable, as well as something that can hold a charge. I fell in love with the Ascent, but have been somewhat disappointed with all of these delays. I do understand that innovation takes constant reiteration through the sectors of technology, market, and implementation. This said, it is clear that Davinci understands this innovation pipeline, just wish that they would have nailed down a more solid release date. I am, however, confident that all of these delays will be well worth the wait.

Vape on my friends, Vape on!!!

8. evanaquinn

evanaquinn Active Member

I think a presale is a great idea!
    If you don't want to preorder, simply don't lol

I Don't see how a presale could be bad on either end.
    Us wanting to definitely buy one will be set!
    Davinci gets my money.
    We are both happy.

If you don't want to preorder, simply do not.
    TAKE MY MONEY!!!

9. Buyola

Buyola Well-Known Member

Thank You for the update DV. I will gladly hand over my money now and wait. That just me.

Thanks!

10. 100n3y

100n3y Active Member

This is great news DaVinci! I sold my DaVinci so I could get the Ascent on the first release day and have been w/o my vape for a loooong time now. Waiting anxiously for the release. Yes, I am on the pre-registration list!

goatgobaahh likes this.
  11. Poopman525

Poopman525 Active Member

Thanks for the updates! I'm hoping I'm on the list, I did register. I would gladly preorder from DaVinci if that were allowed. That would be a good idea IMO. Can't wait for the vapory goodness!

12. JustInJustOut

JustInJustOut New Member

What's this list we're registering for? And how do I do it? haha I just wanna get this thing in my hands ASAP!

13. Poopman525

Poopman525 Active Member

It was a pre-registration list on the DaVinci webpage for the Ascent which included a small survey. It's been down for awhile I think. They had a bunch of people sign up if I remember right.

14. craizen

craizen New Member

I think the registration they are talking about refers to the pre-registration on DV website. It's not a pre-order but more of a first come first serve type of thing where DV contacts the consumer saying they are ready to ship. ... Or that's the info I have gathered from reading all the post for the last week haha.

Also, if you mention you heard about DV ascent from FC then you get a gift... or so I've read.

And it's still up. I signed up for it last week :)

Ahh sorry flip the responses to the posts around. I don't think I can edit my last post.

mod note: Apology appreciated, but note that you can edit your post for a limited time that is a lot longer than the two minutes between your posts. Two posts merged.

15. nigel

nigel And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery

Yup.

• Just read the rules (which is a rule).
    • Lurk moar.*
    • Be nice.
    • Don't ask the same questions that have been asked 1,000 times. (Read the wiki first, if you can't read all 120 Pages of this thread)
    • And for god's sake, DO NOT ASK WHEN IT WILL BE RELEASED.

Do that, and you'll fit in fine here. :)

[* I know you've lurked, so not directed at you]

Thanks for that clarification. I have been unclear on that issue up to this point. :p

Dammit. Back-to-back posts merged. Thought there was another post that came in.

mod note: Thanks for trying, but you still had back-to-back posts. Two posts merged. Now it'll look even odder.

Dreamerr likes this.
  16. Dreamerr

Dreamerr Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀

Hahahahaaha, you broke a rule...back to back posts:rofl: and your worried about me being crazy:lol:

Edit: Now I am going to look like an ass when the mods remove the second post. I should have quoted oh well. I am what I am. Now let that song stay in your head for the night.

RUDE BOY and nigel like this.
  17. smokum

smokum I am who I am and your approval isn't needed!

18. jonumich25

jonumich25 New Member

Davinci sure seems to be marketing their original unit quite heavily via facebook. I'm starting to wonder if a need to sell off some of their current inventory is a reason behind this delay.

Also, last week GV had said that pre order customers would be receiving shipping confirmation within 7-10 working days. No release date has been confirmed and this upcoming Monday will mark the 10th 'working day.' It appears that the distributors working with Davinci are just as clueless as the rest of us.

19. Pappy

Pappy shmaporist

:myday:
    Don't think you'll reach consensus on this. Taking money before a product is released will be viewed by some as heavy handed. I personally wouldn't pay in advance. I think Pre registration is indication enough of my interest.

smokum, sam reynolds and RUDE BOY like this.
  20. pakalolo

pakalolo RoboMod v3.17 (ticking) Staff Member

Clearly you haven't read the miVape thread. More important to me, you haven't read the original Cera thread.

I don't know why you want to suspect DaVinci of a hidden agenda. Why would they start lying to us now?

Gotvape has proven over and over again that you cannot rely on their information. They have stooped to some pretty low tactics here to secure a sale.

21. max

max Bingo Coordinator Staff Member

I would stop wondering. The decision makers at DV are very astute. They've not only designed the Ascent with FC feedback as a priority (even started a survey thread), they've also paid attention to the debuts of some other models which ended up looking premature. They want to make absolutely sure the Ascent is 100% ready for the public, even to the packaging. And since the parent company, Organicix, LLC, has been successfully manufacturing and selling the Karma brand e-cig for almost ten years, I don't think they need any extra DV sales to pay for the final stages of the product launch.

As for Gotvape, paka is correct. They'll deliver the product, but they'll also BS and stoop.

smokum, JoeKickass, Dreamerr and 3 others like this.
  22. stickstones

stickstones Eccentric of mist Staff Member

I'm so glad another new member stopped by to bitch and speculate about what we're all tired of hearing...Thanks!!!

23. green2brown

green2brown Well-Known Member

Three mod posts in a row! Success, noobs!

(Sorry to not add anything worthwhile, but I just had to point this out)

24. jonumich25

jonumich25 New Member

Wow I successfully pissed off three moderates in a matter of minutes...pretty impressive. Sorry, I just thought it was strange that so much attention was being placed on the original Davinci. Didn't realize that this quandary has already been brought to everyone's attention on multiple occasions. I'll leave these thread posts to the professionals. Once again, sorry for the uninformed postings on my part.

JoeKickass likes this.
  25. GanjaDude

GanjaDude Well-Known Member

Its ok dude but every company would be running promos and really pushing the previous generation unit before a new one is released its just normal. Im also pretty sure they will drop the price of the older unit once its released which is also standard practice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors