Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hjalmark

Oldest boy alive
Can anyone remind me of the adapter size for Ascent ?, was it going to be 18mm ?

looking for a bubbler or a bong for my future ascent :)

Stickstones !, what is up with the MADNESS in your signature, I just image some kind of future mecca robot suit ninja armor walking smoke machine that you are ... 18 feet tall spewing vaporers left and right

Gave up googling all this stuff, you got a picture of your prized collection some were ?, loved to see it if you have a link ?

But on other notes, I would love to see some pictures from Da vinci company, of they're offices, packeting line and such, just curious after watching this for the lasts months

stickstones

Vapor concierge
that's funny...I don't use all of them all the time! That's a good four or five years worth of amassing there.

stickstones,

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
The pirate joke was from one of our well known members. I did not vote for someone who has one post and came in here just for a vote. I decided not to enter because I would have only done an original joke but that wasn't the rules plus it would have sucked. As another member said they are funny but not writing joke funny and there is a difference. Good luck to all and if you win don't forget to share.

Sorry mods for feeding the troll but this time it was just to far for me and I suppose it was the time I did it as well. I think 2am lol but still no excuse.

Dreamerr,
Reactions: alphabj

alphabj

I did not vote for someone who has one post and came in here just for a vote.

Valid point :) ... I probably won't win since all my friends must be either oblivious or not interested in supporting the cause...

I did like how Benjamin's joke exposes the absurdity of our government's double standard. Best of luck!

Oh, and if I was that pirate, I would definitely give lots of lip about being arrested without even being searched. I could have been using one of the essential oil cans ;)

alphabj,
Reactions: Dreamerr

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
I voted for the mountain joke as it was the funniest and most original to the ascent.
Happy 100 to me!

V8pire,
Reactions: alphabj
The pirate joke was from one of our well known members. I did not vote for someone who has one post and came in here just for a vote.

He joined the thread to say that, if voted for, he'd be happy to provide any details about the ascent he gets. I think that's anything you could hope for from a new member, especially one of the finalists in the contest: the one who, I believe, had the funniest and most original joke.

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
Nah lwien did but he didn't get picked lol. I think a lot of funny jokes didn't get picked but I am not the judge and I didn't make the rules which allowed unoriginal jokes. I do agree the joke I didn't vote for was funnier but I use the term loosely since I didn't think any of the three were funny.

I understand Steve but it didn't feel right to me for someone to join just to get votes. I am over it and am happy to have two new members now. Welcome to the forum Steve.

Dreamerr,

V8pire

The Vape Is The Life!
I think the bottom line is that you should vote for what you think is the best joke and set aside where they are from. I do believe jokes already written with vape inserted into them is easy but an original joke is hard and deserving.

alphabj

A lot of jokes had innuendoes. They were funny, but I intentionally avoided that just in case... not sure if that was a part of their decision.

alphabj,

Da Buddhism

So I'm extremely concerned with the vapor pouring out of the bowl in the vapor production video. I've been vaping for a while and had a horrible experience buying the Pax, as I dislike conduction vapes. I use 3x more material in my pax as my extreme q to reach the same effect, and on top of that I cannot stand the flavor of the pax after more than 4-5 draws, even on low. Now, I know it's been said that the ascent is primarily convection, but I'm still skeptical. If passive convection is the heating method, there should be little to no vapor escaping without someone drawing from the unit, but in the video vapor seems to pour out of the bowl, similarly to opening the Pax while it's on. In addition, Da Vinci said that the air begins too cool before it enters the bowl, so where does the rest of the heat come from? Does the ceramic/glass bowl heat up too, and therefore conduct heat to the material? Anyway, this is my first post, and it'd be great if anyone has any more information than I do.

Da Buddhism,

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
So I'm extremely concerned with the vapor pouring out of the bowl in the vapor production video. I've been vaping for a while and had a horrible experience buying the Pax, as I dislike conduction vapes. I use 3x more material in my pax as my extreme q to reach the same effect, and on top of that I cannot stand the flavor of the pax after more than 4-5 draws, even on low. Now, I know it's been said that the ascent is primarily convection, but I'm still skeptical. If passive convection is the heating method, there should be little to no vapor escaping without someone drawing from the unit, but in the video vapor seems to pour out of the bowl, similarly to opening the Pax while it's on. In addition, Da Vinci said that the air begins too cool before it enters the bowl, so where does the rest of the heat come from? Does the ceramic/glass bowl heat up too, and therefore conduct heat to the material? Anyway, this is my first post, and it'd be great if anyone has any more information than I do.
Hi and welcome.
The answers you seek can be found in the previous 96 pages. Take a little time and read through all the posts. There is also a Vaporpedia page that contains a great deal of info. Hope this helps. :tup:

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
So I'm extremely concerned with the vapor pouring out of the bowl

db- This has been discussed before.

All --
And honestly we are so close to having units "in hands" that would it really hurt to wait just a bit more for real-user data? It's one thing when we have months to go and little info.

But where we are all at now, we know pretty much everything that we can know ABSENT of direct use. We need real-world real-user data, and that is days away. At this point raising questions repeatedly that really are best saved for once it is in the hands of end-users, serves nothing.

A little patience, let's see the first of all the user reports come in, and then let the flood of usage question come in!

EDIT:

Hi and welcome.
The answers you seek can be found in the previous 96 pages. Take a little time and read through all the posts. There is also a Vaporpedia page that contains a great deal of info. Hope this helps. :tup:
Heh... Sounds like me...
:)

stickstones

Vapor concierge
It's funny because I found myself wondering the same thing from the same video (watched it again a couple of days ago). But these guys are right...we really won't know how much conduction is going on until it gets into some of our hands.

Jimmy

Vapor poured out of the bowl because the temp was set to max.
I hope thats why cause its really a waste of vapor. Maybe we could use the mouthpiece cap it comes with and put it on after our hits when its on high. Or on low too. Who knows.
idk how much longer i can wait before i freak out like that other guy. Im just impatient though. Haha i know i dont deserve having the info before its release but its kind of like tempting me in a way.

Jimmy,
Reactions: ShipDit
I hope thats why cause its really a waste of vapor. Maybe we could use the mouthpiece cap it comes with and put it on after our hits when its on high. Or on low too. Who knows.
idk how much longer i can wait before i freak out like that other guy. Im just impatient though. Haha i know i dont deserve having the info before its release but its kind of like tempting me in a way.
I'm no doctor,but your drug balance is TOTALY out of whack. I recommend increasing THC intake by 25-30%, that should help with the impatience.
I'm not a real doctor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night...so I feel pretty confident that a real doc. would agree with my diagnosis. Worse case scenario you have a severe psychotic break down.:)

NYC5IKH5jabi

NYC5IKH5jabi

I think you get the award for the most messed up name that probably actually means something! I'm not even sure what to call you...maybe jabi?
Nyc sikh punjabi lol
Panj is the Persian numeral for five
When the Persians conquered the land today divided into Pakistan and northwest India they called it panjab (the land of five rivers)
I am a sikh by faith and punjabi by birth and New Yorker by choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom