Ascent Vaporizer by Da Vinci (pre-sale thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorrange

Vapor.wise
Looks like a Bruan electric razer, I like it! Glad I got my mivape refund!

The only good thing about that whole mivape fiasco is that many people have some extra money to spend on another vape! :D

I gotta say i'm really impressed about the potential of the Ascent. Considering the first DaVinci, you guys really stepped it up. The only thing i'm not sold yet is looks.

I mean, i like the overall cellphone look, but i would make it a prettier cellphone, without hindering on performance of course.

JoeKickass

Man has this thread been active!

I love the detailed shots of the glass bits, this thing looks elegantly simple to use & clean:
glass.jpg

ascent-1-black.jpg

I think the only question I have left is what is at the bottom of the glass/ceramic bowl? I'm guessing a screen or tiny holes to let air from the metal grill flow up?

I mean, i like the overall cellphone look, but i would make it a prettier cellphone, without hindering on performance of course.
Make a shiny one for fashion people if you must, but I really do like the matte (hopefully annodized?) black finish, plus it won't show fingerprints ;)

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I think its the shiny metal bits, i would lose that. All black, all white, all red, are fine by me. I would likely prefer all black.

1_gr8_underdog

Trapped in the Astral Planes Back from the dead
Man has this thread been active!
;)
Yes thank you all very much for helping to make my first thread a successful one. :D
And also Da Vinci for there constant updates throughout the pre-release time. I think it is great for your participation :tup:

And if I missed many and many new people to the thread sorry. Welcome to the discussion

Real pictures confirm my original thoughts I like it......lots

Dreamerr

Always in a state of confusion and silliness♀
People just a reminder don't feed the trolls as the mods call it just report the rude ones. I am not one to report people but did report the one on this thread and now he is gone and one other person months ago. I started a whole big hoopla because of him in another thread and it wasn't necessary and all my fault for feeding him. I want the manufactures here that is how we learn and how they improve there products in the real world.

Look Dv just listened and is willing to cap the mouth piece which is sooooooooooooooo important to keep it clean. BTW DV I did manage to turn the DV on in my pocket but I must have forgotten to turn off the side switch but with all the in out out sitting in a chair you never know stuff happens. It was a a stroke of bad luck I suppose. I was extremely surprised.

I am sooooooooooo excited about this vape...I hope it is out by April and reviewed by then. I am more interested in the cleaning then anything else at this point since I trust the vapor production based on the original.

Vapzilla

Look Dv just listened and is willing to cap the mouth piece which is sooooooooooooooo important to keep it clean.

I am sooooooooooo excited about this vape...I hope it is out by April and reviewed by then. I am more interested in the cleaning then anything else at this point since I trust the vapor production based on the original.

+1, ditto

Also DV, I'd like to know how the power is fed to the heater?
I assume the power travels through the hinge? Are there wires or contacts at that pivot/hinge point?
Thanks for your presence and info here DV, looking forward to a great piece of technology!

Vapzilla,
Reactions: Pipes

ugobo

The only good thing about that whole mivape fiasco is that many people have some extra money to spend on another vape! :D

Put me in that category! Even if i'll get the INH004 XP soon i'm very interested in the Ascent for the reason mentioned above.

ugobo,
Reactions: vorrange

JCat

Accessory Maker
Those pics are awesome ... !!! I really like the way the glass tubes are designed and come out! Will really make cleaning a breeze.

I really like the design of the bowl on the bottom of the unit with the vapor path running through it. This keeps the unit smaller/discrete while maintaining the benefits of a longer vapor path for cooling.

pecosthecat

Great pictures. This thing looks very promising. I'm very much looking forward to the sales launch and reviews.

pecosthecat,

Nbajunkie

Someones always watching..
Just thought about this, what happens if one or 2pieces of glass break, or get lost?Can it be used without the glass? The all glass air path is one off the more appealing aspects of the ascent..those tiny tubes make me nervous though. Ive broken alot of mflb stems in the past

Nbajunkie,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

1_gr8_underdog

Just thought about this, what happens if one or 2pieces of glass break, or get lost?Can it be used without the glass? The all glass air path is one off the more appealing aspects of the ascent..those tiny tubes make me nervous though. Ive broken alot of mflb stems in the past
Yes, the user glass is replaceable.

Not sure about if it can be used without the glass in there. That is a great question

EDIT :After some review of the photos, I would feel ok to say that it would be usable if you lost/broke the extendable mouth piece. But not if you lost/broke the odd shaped glass tube since it may function as a screen.

1_gr8_underdog,

1_gr8_underdog

People just a reminder don't feed the trolls as the mods call it just report the rude ones. I am not one to report people but did report the one on this thread and now he is gone and one other person months ago. I started a whole big hoopla because of him in another thread and it wasn't necessary and all my fault for feeding him. I want the manufactures here that is how we learn and how they improve there products in the real world.

I agree. I love to find civility in a lively debate. Respect is universal and needed. And a quick thank you for stepping in to welcome those I didn't. I'm still getting my posting worked out.
These forums on here have quickly become one of my beloved hangouts.:peace::love::D

1_gr8_underdog,
Reactions: lwien

EveryDayAmnesiac

.... if the "grill" is where air is pulled in, and the bowl is right there by the grill, then won't the smell of vaped herb be readily pouring out of the grill and stinking up your pocket? i know all vapes smell, but...

that possibility, and the heat-up time are my only concerns left... as long as you don't need to lubricate the damn thing and constantly clean and fiddle with it like other portables... blech.

EveryDayAmnesiac,

1_gr8_underdog

.... the heat-up time are my only concerns left
Heat up time is around 45 seconds, and it will heat to 405F. Thought about changing it to 430, but it just seems so unnecessary.

as long as you don't need to lubricate the damn thing and constantly clean and fiddle with it like other portables... blech.

I think they really tried to focus on the taste and cleaning aspects. It seems they really listen to all input that seems fiscally sound and has a utilitarian standpoint. including the improved 4hr. battery life!!

1_gr8_underdog,

JoeKickass

Not sure about if it can be used without the glass in there. That is a great question

EDIT :After some review of the photos, I would feel ok to say that it would be usable if you lost/broke the extendable mouth piece. But not if you lost/broke the odd shaped glass tube since it may function as a screen.

If you slip a metal screen above the bowl, I bet it would work just like hitting it with the stem closed!

JoeKickass,

nigel

And shepherds we shall be,for Accuracy & Discovery
Talk of the device looking like an old pager, a phaser, etc, etc...

If you pull the stem out and use it in public, won't innocent by-standers at a distance wonder why that strange person is breathalizing themselves?
;)

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
I thought DaVinci's info was that you you can leave the stem in when in use, still have to explain the
Vapor wafting about. When is that star trek T1 vape coming out ? Pipes I want to jump on the preorder
bandwagon ASAP. looks like it will fullill all my vapor needs plus I could heat up a boulder when i'm cold.
OOPS no boulders or even rock where I Live will it do oils ?

RUDE BOY,
Reactions: Pipes
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom